Chapter 13: The Way It Should Have Been...

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

[Dara's POV]

I looked at GD who was lying on the ground unconscious.

 

I feel guilty for getting him tangled up with my problems. Now how the hell am I going to get him back? Seriously the witch is not dainty enough to give me any clues. I really hate it when I have to use my brain. While I was busy trying to think of a plan, Mr Arrogant-Jerk here is sleeping on the floor peacefully. I stopped thinking and turned to him. I could watch him forever and I would never get enough of it.

 

It's amazing that he somehow resembles an arch angel when he sleeps but when he wakes up, he is like a tiger unleashed and prepared to take the whole world by himself.

 

At first I had to admit that he looked like he was going to eat me alive, but then as I got to know him better, he is actually the opposite of what I expected. He is so childish most of the times but who am I to stop him? I kind of like it.

 

I feel like I can be myself around him.

 

I just couldn't help but recall the scenes from earlier.

 

"Then why didn't you stop yourself, G?! Please tell me you are not serious with her..."

 

My ears perked up when I knew they were talking about me.

 

"I'm not CL, I'm just helping her out. I'm not interested in her in anyway"

 

"Well you ing better not! Because if you do, at the end of the day she will get hurt not you"

 

Why do I feel hatred towards him? Why am I feeling hurt from his words? I don't even have any right to feel anything. He is right, he is just helping me. We are nothing but strangers.

 

Something inside me is hurting, I just couldn't figure out why.

 

GD starts waking up and it seems like he had a headache. He looked around to see himself in the same room.

 

"Where am I?" I looked at him in cold hearted.

 

"In my time, baby boy"

 

My voice gave him chills everywhere.

 

GD scrambled up "No way... In Joseon Era?!"

 

"Gongju mama, This is Madam Park. I have your breakfast with me, I am coming in"

 

I immediately looked at GD who was also panicking "Hide!" But there was nowhere to hide.

 

The door slowly opened as our eyes widened.

 

"Mama, are you okay? You looked like you saw a ghost. You are pale white" Court Lady Park came in with the girls carrying my food. They gently placed it in front of me and made their way out to the exit.

 

"Bom?" GD lowly muttered.

 

I squeezed my eyes shut, prepared for the upcoming scream. They are surely going to freak out to see another man in the princess’ room. Although, I was a little confuse why no one is still calling out for guards. Can't they see him?

 

"Court Lady Park"

 

"Yes, princess?"

 

"Would you mind standing there for a while?" I pointed to where GD is.

 

"Are you crazy?!" GD whispered. I ignored him.

 

Madam Park walked over to the location I told her to and - she is standing where GD is.

 

'What the' we both thought.

 

Madam Park is literally standing in him. It was like GD is a ghost.

 

"Do you feel anything?" I asked her.

 

"Am I supposed to, Mama?" she confusedly asked.

 

It seems like she isn't. I guess I am the only one who can see GD but it makes sense since he is not from this time. I tried imagining that GD wasn't here or else it would get complicated when a rumour gets out that 'the princess lost her mind'.

 

"Mama..."

 

"What?"

 

"The King wants to talk to you later this evening..."

 

I felt like this happened before, if I am right - this day would be the day where I find out that I am getting married. Gasp!

 

"Arasso..." I played it calmly. "Please leave, I plan to eat by myself"

 

Madam Park nodded and found herself her way out.

 

I sighed when everyone was out of the room.

 

"So it is true... You weren't kidding when you said you were a princess" GD amusedly looked at me.

 

I rolled my eyes "Now you believe me" 

 

I took another glimpse of the door, checking for any signs of shadows and when nobody was around, I glanced up to my windows "Come, we need to go..."

 

"Why? Bom says for you to eat" GD frowns, he also wanted to eat.

 

"Either you stay or come with me is up to you, I am not the one who is in danger of living here forever, am I?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

"Aish. Fine. You were nicer back in my time" GD took a peace of rice cake from my plate and followed me out of my window.

 

-----

 

I immediately looked for the highest tree in the palace and climbed onto it.

 

"What are you doing Dara?! You might fall" GD tried to warn me but I was already halfway in the tree.

 

"Puh-lease. I have been doing this for years" I smirked "Come up. It has a pretty good view here of everything in the palace" signalling him to climb up the tree as well. 

 

Although he didn't want to climb up the tree, he wanted to secure that I was safe. He didn't trust me since according to him - I'm a Baby.

 

We sat there and waited for my mum to come and scold me.

 

"Why are you avoiding me Dara?" GD poked me in my shoulder.

 

"I am not avoiding you, G. I am talking to you right now, aren't I?"

 

He rolled his eyes, it was obvious that I was being sarcastic "You’ve been giving me the cold shoulder. You are mad, aren't you?"

 

I looked at him in the eyes with a little touch of hatred in my eyes. "Why should I be mad? I don't have a reason to be mad. I'm just a stranger whom you are kindly helping and now I am doing the same for you".

 

"I'm sorry, Dara. I only said that to get CL off my . She is not going to stop yelling at me if I assured her that nothing is between us"

 

I scoffed "Right - We are nothing"

 

GD who was starting to get irritated " Dara! Stop being like a kid, I didn't mean it"

 

"Then what are we, G?!"

 

My sudden question left him speechless. He didn't know what to answer. Heck, he doesn't even know the answer. 

 

Finally, save by the bell, I hear my descendants calling for my name "Princess?! Please come out wherever you are!"

 

Just in time, my mother, the queen of Joseon found me.

 

"PRINCESS!" she yelled which startled GD but I already knew it was coming, I shrugged it.

 

I quickly jumped down from the tree and fixed my clothes, so did GD. I lowered my head thinking I'm in big trouble, AGAIN.

 

"Now tell me why you are sitting down on top of that BIG tree"

 

"Oh I-I'm just..." I stuttered 'waiting for my descendants to find me'.

 

"Princess, where were you?" Madam Park asked me as she was gasping for air. 

 

"Madam Park, Is the Princess being stubborn again?"

 

After Madam Park, and the rest who was behind her realized that the Queen is here, they all lowered their head.

 

The Queen shifted her eyes to me.

 

"Come to my room, NOW!" The Queen yelled really loud. I knew that she was talking to me.

 

-----

 

"Are you going to be okay?" GD whispered as we sit in front of my mum, who is fuming red.

 

I nodded to assure him that I'm gonna be okay. I'm used to my mum scolding me anyway, probably every thrice a week I would get scolded for being naughty.

 

I already knew what she was going to talk about; I just need to pretend that I am learning from my mistakes and I should be okay after that.

 

"Young lady! You do know that you could've died if you fell from that high!"

 

'Wow! Dara has some feisty mother there. How can she take all of her remarks calmly? If I was her, I would have ran away and leave the house at night' GD squints as each time the queen raises her voice.

 

Even though my mother is currently venting off her anger towards me, I'm pleased to see her again. I smiled at her. It sounds weird but it’s become a habit of her yelling at me and I miss it.

 

-----

 

[GD's POV]

 

We then head back to Dara's room since her mother strictly told us to - or more likely she told her to, I am just following.

 

I looked at her. she was sitting and brushing her hair while looking at the mirror. I realized that she hasn’t smiled, ever since we got here. I wonder if I was the reason, I seriously didn't mean what I said to CL. But then again, What are we?

 

I didn't like seeing her quiet. it is just not in her. I remember the times where she would yell back at me whenever we have an argument about little things and then she would do one of her cute pouts which I would have to lose the argument in the end. I would do anything make herself come back again.

 

"Dara..."

 

"What?"

 

"What's your plan? You know... For me to get back" I don’t know if it was just me because I saw pain in her eyes when I asked her that question.

 

'Do you really want to leave right now and leave me here?' Dara painfully thought.

 

"If today is what I think it is... then I might find a way to get you back"

 

"How?"

 

"Remember my story?" I nodded. "If I was right, I should be able find out about my arrange marriage by today and then next day, we should be able to find the witch"

 

Oh right. She was getting married. My curled fist just by the thought of Dara marrying someone else. But why do I feel like this? I don’t know what has been going onto me these days. I remember my little argument with Taeyang earlier.

 

Taeyang who was leaning against the wall stood up straight "You will what? ! Ji, I have known you for a very long time now. You like her, I have never seen you like this, not until now, not until you met her"

 

"I'm out!" GD is ing irritated at everyone who seems to be blaming him for everything.

 

What he said has been bothering me in my head.

 

The door suddenly opened and I see a young girl panting 

 

"....Princess...." She looked like she had been running for a while. I could hear her pant from all the way from here.

 

"What is happening?" Dara stood in up alarmed.

 

After hearing out the expected depressing news from her "BWOH?!" Dara acted.

 

Dara was right, she did find out about her arranged marriage.

 

Dara dropped everything she was holding and quickly left to go to have a BIG talk with my father. I followed her.

 

-----

 

I sat beside Dara, facing the king. Seeing an actual king in real life is impressive but the atmosphere around him is no joke. He is serious, simply having lots of responsibilities, I can't blame the guy.

 

I trusted Dara assuming that she knows what she is doing. 

 

"I heard that I’m getting married" Dara's voice sounded more like I'm irritated rather than being excited and happy.

 

"Hmmm" His highness nodded.

 

"Without me knowing anything about this matter?! I'm very displeased that I had to hear this rumour from one of my descendants. Please tell me that it's only a rumour His highness" 

 

But the next thing that her father said was very unexpected.

 

"This is not a rumour Gong Ju. You are getting married. The date is already set and it is happening tomorrow"

 

Dara's eyes widened "Nononono" she muttered.

 

I immediately sensed trouble judging by her voice.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

 

"This is not supposed to happen, it can't be. The wedding should not be until next month, father! According to the Shamans, next month is the best day to conceive a child isn't it?"

 

The King was surprised that Dara knew this "We did consider that date but a young lady told us that it would be best for the princess to get married as soon as possible"

 

Dara gasped.

 

"There is no way that, the young lady he is talking about is that witch right?" I jokingly asked Dara.

 

Dara gulped and nodded.

 

-----

 

The bed was already prepared for Dara when we came back to her room. The sun already set after a long talk with the king.

 

Dara sat on her bed and hugged her knees, she was trembling "The events are changing, I know it"

 

"Calm down, Dara. It's only one event that has been changed. So what? Big deal" I tried calming her down.

 

"You don't get it" she shook her head and looked at me "My father is supposed to tell me that by tomorrow, I will have to meet up with my fiancé not marry him"

 

My nose crunched when she said 'fiancé'.

 

"And tomorrow, I am supposed to meet the witch and do mean things to her..." she lowly gasped.

 

Mean things? Hold up "What do you mean?"

 

Dara took a breath before telling the whole and real story to me. 

 

The truth was that she treated the witch awfully. After Dara explained everything to me, I blinked.

 

She bit her lip, expecting that I would despise her for what she did "I'm sorry"

 

I sighed. I stood up from my seat and sat beside her "Big deal. Everyone makes mistakes that they regret once in a while but the important thing is that you learned your mistakes right?"

 

Her eyes softened, she leaned on my shoulders "But the thing is… I don’t know if I have learned her lesson yet" 

 

I patted her back "Learning takes time Dara. There are things that you can’t learn in one day. Some takes weeks or months or even years. But in the end… the only important thing is that you learn it”.

 

"Thank you GD, I wouldn't have anyone telling me all things you just said now" I can feel her relaxing in my shoulder. Her muscle tense are slowly going away.

 

"Jiyong"

 

Dara moved back, looking confused "what?"

 

I smiled at her "My real name is Kwon Jiyong"

 

She was awed "Kwon Jiyong" she repeated. "That is a one handsome name" she brightly smiled. "Too bad that the owner is nowhere near it" she teased.

 

"Hey what does that mean?" I playfully nudged her in the shoulder. 

 

She stopped for a second "Wait a minute - from what I remember you only let people know your real name if you trust them whole heartedly. Does that mean you trust me enough for you to give me your own real name?"

 

I nodded and patted her head "I trust you, Miss Sandara Park"

 

"Thanks, Ji" she looked at me sincerely.

 

Next minute, she shooed me off the bed we were sitting on since she wants to sleep now.

 

I laughed at her silliness.

 

-----

 

I couldn't seem to sleep.

 

I peeked with one eye "Are you still awake?" 

 

No response.

 

She was fully asleep. I sat up and watched her from the side.

 

It hasn't been long since I had met this crazy-witty-impossible woman but I felt like I have known her for years. I feel like I can be myself around her.

 

Don't get me wrong, I act myself around Big Bang and 2NE1 kids all the time but I feel like I'm more comfortable around her. I have nothing to worry about living up to my name when I'm with Dara.

 

I brushed off strands of hair from her face. I stayed in this position watching her sleep. The moonlight helps me examine more in detail, from her eyes...to nose...to her irresistible puffy red lips.

 

Without even realising that I am already smiling to myself.

 

Dugeun Dugeun.

 

In an instant my smile turns into frown. I clutched my fast beating heart. 

 

Ever since I met Dara, my whole life turned upside down. She was able to make me smile in an instant but she could also make me furiously jealous in a second. This isn't like me at all. G DRAGON would be partying all night and drinking at the clubs. I can feel that I am slowly changing... This girl right here is what changing me for the better.

 

I have long known that Kwon Jiyong has died long time ago but this girl made the impossible possible. She revived Kwon Jiyong. 

 

My feelings are getting warmer.

 

The reason why I was mad jealous when I saw her with Jaejoong and the way I am smiling brightly at her right now, I usually wouldn't feel this towards other girls is because... 

 

Because... I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH DARA! 

 

I can't believe I had fallen in love with this crazy girl. Even though I tried hard not to, I couldn't stop thinking about her and worrying about her the whole time. The real reason why I said to CL that nothing is happening between Dara and me is because I knew that they would take her away from me and I didn't want that to happen.

 

I finally realized my true feelings. 

 

"I now know what I feel for you, Dara. I have fallen in love with you"

 

I leaned towards Dara and kissed her in the forehead.

 

“I love you Dara”

 

Feeling satisfied with myself. For once I can actually understand myself.

 

I went back to my spot and lied down on the floor, the floor may be cold but nothing beats when I am facing the woman I love. 

 

I slept with a smile on my face.

 

-----

 

Little did he know, a tear rolled down from Dara's eyes.

 

'I'm sorry Ji but I need to do this in order for you to get back - If...if I would have known earlier, I would have treasured every single seconds that I had spent with you. I too feel the same'.

 

She already made up her mind and this time, there is no going back.

 

 

 

Here's chapter 13^_^ TADAH!

Don't forget to comment & subscribe .

Gasp! You know what shes gonna do right? What do you think would happen next? :D hehe

 

Oh yeah recently I've been watching too much werewolves movies and tv shows like Teen Wolf (DA BEST!) and I'm really frustrated that I have to wait every week for one episode *sigh* so I decided to make a werewolf story ^.^ but I still don't know if I should continue it ... Ive only done the prologue :)) still thinking about it but anywayz since I had a lot of free time... I decided to make a poster for it ^.^ just for fun. I know that it looks weird but it will do for now.

 

 

Daragon FTW!