Chapter 14: The Big Day

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

 

[Author’s POV]

Dara opened her eyes filled with sadness knowing that this is it - she is finally marrying someone but in this case, she is not marrying her true love prince.

 

Dara had put a lot of thoughts about this yesterday, what if marrying the person whom she was supposed to marry ages ago is the only way that will make Jiyong go back - of course she will do it.

 

After living in the future, even if it was only for a week - It was way better off there. In Joseon, life is unfair even if you are a part of a royal family. You will never get what you truly want - and that is freedom. No one owns freedom in this era. Every single day of her life, people had targeted her (possibly with the intent of murder) to get to the King which is why Dara prefers to stay in the palace. The last thing she wants is to become a burden to someone.

 

But now that Jiyong finally realized his true feelings for her, it is just making Dara confuse even more. And it is getting harder for her to let go of Jiyong.

 

Dara knew something changed within her the day that Jiyong found her in that building. He hugged her and it made her heart skipped a beat. She couldn't stop thinking about it all day, Dara tried to forget about it thinking that it was just the courtesy of a friend but it only made it harder when Jiyong started to act sweeter.

 

At first she thought that maybe it’s a feeling of friendship that she had never had is what she felt for Jiyong but she never expected that her heart will crack in half when she heard Jiyong say that they are merely strangers with no attachments. That was when she knew that she had fallen in love with Jiyong.

 

Dara only wanted the best for Jiyong and now she made up her mind, no one can ever stop her anymore.

 

She stood up and walked pass Jiyong carefully without trying to wake him up, who is sleeping like a log on the floor.

 

If only she had a camera, she would take snap a shot of him and would always take that photo around with her will be enough. She could look at him all day long and as a matter of fact maybe even forever. She didn’t want to leave him at all.

 

She took a last glimpse of him before turning away to face the cruel reality.

 

-----

(Few hours had passed)

 

Jiyong slowly opens his heavy eyes meeting the sun reflecting brightly at him. His face crunched and covered it with his hand. He looked around and Dara was nowhere to be found "Aigoo~ this girl always leaves and never intends to leave a message or a note at least"

 

He jumped up excitedly. Going to go look for the love of his life has never been fun until now. 

 

He got out of the room, walking pass some royal guards and palace maids. Since no one can see him, he can freely walk wherever without worried on being spot on.

 

To him, something wasn't right. Jiyong felt like his strength was getting out of him as each minute passes and he doesn't know what is going on with him.

 

"It’s starting" Han Byul was seen leaning on the wall beside a royal guard.

 

"You're the witch!" negatively speaking. "What did you do to me?" Jiyong needed to lean on something or he will collapse on the floor sooner or later.

 

"Bingo! And to answer your question I didn't do anything" Han Byul exclaimed that she was innocent - or maybe a little not true "Since you are not from this time, you can't stay here for long or else you will die"

 

"Whose fault was it that I am here in the first place?" Jiyong growled.

 

"Oops. My bad. I thought it would be fun seeing you suffer" Han Byul faced the royal guard and starts tracing his jaws using her sharp nail "as you watch the love of your life marry someone else" her finger stops at his lips and suddenly looked at me.

 

'Get married? Holy ! Today is the day, Dara is getting married. How come she didn't wake me up, I could've done something at least to change her mind' Jiyong blamed himself for sleeping too much.

 

"You can't!" She stopped him way before he could move "Dara is not meant for you and you know that. Dara's destiny is already written..."

 

" destiny! I don't believe in that kind of bull"

 

Han Byul squinted her eyes at him “No one can defy Destiny. Nothing ever good comes out of it if one tries to change what path they are planned on”. She stepped back away from the guard and strode her way towards Jiyong, smirking.

 

"And plus, you are too late, Jiyong. I'm pretty sure by now that the couple would be marching towards the aisle just about now"

 

Jiyong felt ambivalent "Nonono...it can't be. I have to go find her. ! She doesn't even know how I feel" despite him feeling sick and about to lose strength soon, he ran off with every inch of him planning to crash the wedding.

 

"Good luck with that baby boy. No one can fight the destiny that is laid for us" Han Byul evilly grinned.

 

-----

 

Jiyong sprinted his way following his instincts where many people is gathering at. He ran and ran and ran without stopping at all. Then he sees her - The most beautiful girl in the world wearing a traditional Korean wedding dress.

 

It seems like he just made it in time, they hadn't gotten anywhere far yet. They still have another half to walk.

 

Suddenly Jiyong's eyes out and his heart felt like someone was squeezing it, he shook his head and tried to shrug it.

 

"DARA!"

 

He ran towards her, ready to steal her heart and keep it in a safe box.

 

"Ji?" Dara turned around to see the man she longingly wanted is right in front of her. Seconds later, when Ji was about an arm reach to Dara, he wanted to hug her but his legs collapsed out of his own will.

 

"JI!" Dara luckily caught Jiyong just after he tripped. Jiyong's weight was too much for Dara to carry, she sat down on the floor and let Jiyong rest in her lap "What's happening Ji?" Dara's tears’ threatening to fall out, not from the pain but it is coming from happiness. She was happy that he came to look for her.

 

"I need to stop the marriage"

 

Dara laughed "Well you certainly did" as he caressed his cheeks.

 

They looked around and everyone was confused. All they see is Dara sitting on the ground talking to no one.

 

"Dara..." Jiyong started to cough. "I have something to tell you"

 

"What is it Baby boy?" Dara bitterly asked.

 

"I met the witch on the way here. She said I don't have much time here" once again, Ji started coughing up.

 

Dara noticed that Jiyong is starting to go pale. "It can't be" she panics.

 

"But I want you to know that I have fallen in love you Dara. You have stolen my heart without me noticing it but now that I know… I want you to keep my heart forever" Jiyong traces Dara's face with his hands.

 

"I know Jiyong, I know and I have fallen in love with you too so please don't you dare leave me" Dara tried to held all the tears in but she wasn’t strong enough and so the tears starts to roll down as if it was waterfalls. 

 

Jiyong wipes the tears from her face, Dara holds his hand really tight.

 

"I'm glad that you feel the same way too" Jiyong smiles. Once more, his sight is turning on and off.

 

Jiyong knew that he is coming to an end "Goodbye Dara, my baby girl. You shall be my last love." a tear fell from his eyes before losing his consciousness completely.

 

Dara saw Ji's hand dropped from her face, she cupped his face "You can't leave me Ji! Not yet!" Dara hugs Jiyong who is slowly turning cold.

 

"Ji!!!" Dara cries out, she knew that Jiyong was gone. His body has gone cold. She blankly stared at him.

 

"This is all my fault... It's all my fault"

 

"Princess! What is wrong? Why are you crying?" The king asks Dara.

 

But how could she explain this that the man that she loves is now dead and lying in her lap and she is the only one who can see him?

 

"I never expected this to happen..." Dara shook her head. 

 

From that moment on, she wanted to kill herself. There’s nothing left for her to live for. Not in Joseon, not anywhere in this world. Her lover has died in front of her and he took her heart and soul along with him.

 

Dara bent down low to reach Jiyong and closed her eyes - she kissed him in the lips, her tears dropped in Jiyong's eyes.

 

Then a magic happened.

 

Everyone gasped when they can suddenly see Dara kissing Jiyong who is lying in the ground, even the king and queen was shocked enough to stand up from their seat.

 

Dara pulled away from Jiyong and still had her eyes closed.

 

Everything stopped. Everything started to disappear, everyone was pixelated and the blocks are starting rise up to the sky starting from the top to bottom. It was like a computer program resetting.

 

-----

 

The moment Dara opened my eyes; they were back in her room again. 

 

She was wearing the same dress before they travelled back in time. It was like nothing happened.

 

They did it! They are back in the future!

 

B-but Jiyong...

 

Dara immediately cupped Jiyong's face "Baby! Wake up! Wake up baby, we are finally back in your time" she smiles but it turned cold when Jiyong isn't seem to be responding.

 

Dara shook Jiyong's body and still - no reaction.

 

‘True love kiss is the most powerful thing in the universe’

 

Dara remembered that her mother used to say that whenever she reads stories to her. The last thing she did to Jiyong was she kissed him in the lips. What if kissing him again would bring him back to life?

 

She slowly bent down again to kiss Jiyong but unexpectedly - no reaction.

 

"No it can't happen!" Dara gave Jiyong a peck in the lips lots of times until - she felt something moving under her lips.

 

It turns out Jiyong was smirking.

 

Dara pulled away and was surprised to see Jiyong smiling goofily. 

 

Jiyong sat up "What are you a bird? You keep pecking me in the lips. If you wanted to kiss me so bad, you should have just told me so" he joked around.

 

Dara is supposed to feel happy but how come she is nowhere near it - tears starts falling down again "I was worried, you jerk"

 

Jiyong stopped for a second, stunned to see Dara crying.

 

"I-I thought y-you died" Dara lowly cried out as she punch Jiyong's shoulders.

 

"I'm sorry baby. I should’ve known better to scare you like that. I didn't die. I'm healthy from head to toe" Jiyong pretended to show his biceps.

 

When Dara finally seemed too laughed, Jiyong s his arms around her and hugged her tight "I won't ever leave you, Dara" he sincerely whispered to her ears "Ever".

 

 

 

 

 

Here's chapter 14 ^_^  Are you dissapointed that Jiyong is not Dara's fiance lolz... I didn't even put him there :D

Don't forget to comment & subscribe .

Preview time:

"WHAT THE ?! BED SCENE?! BOM ISN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO JUST BE A MUSIC VIDEO?! WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ?!" Jiyong screamed at Bom.


 

Daragon FTW!