Chapter 12: Behind The Scenes

Same Sky, Different Time

 

 

 

[Dara's POV]

I looked at myself in the mirror.

 

I still remember the day I was brushing my hair in this very spot when I received the sudden news about me getting married. It felt like it only happened yesterday, I can remember every single detail.

 

I'm ashamed to see myself look healthy while my parents are probably looking for me nonstop. It must have been tough for both of them.

 

The girl in front of me might look healthy from the outside but the saying is right ‘looks can be deceiving’. The girl is nowhere near fine. 

 

When the witch told me that there is a chance that I might have to live here forever, I couldn't help but feel lonely. Sure GD, Bom and TOP have always been there for me when I needed help but, I want to go back to my parents.

 

Before I even knew it, I'm crying.

 

Then the door suddenly opened.

 

"She will do" The man said, with no hesitant the girl with him walked over to me.

 

"What is going on?" my eyes widened and my body trembles.

 

As for the male, he went outside the room and closed the door, he shuts his eyes expecting a lot of noise 'I'm sorry'.

 

"AHHH!!!"

 

The girl starts stripping off my clothes. "HELP ME! GD HELP!" but no one heard me.

 

She snatches my clothes and handed me a traditional Korean dress.

 

"This is..."

 

-----

 

I got out of my room and I see the man who opened the door, kneeling in front of me. The girl also kneeled down beside him.

 

"We are really sorry for our rude behaviour but we are in a desperate situation, will you please kindly help us" they squinted their eyes expecting for my wrath.

 

"What you guys did was wrong! Did you know if you did that to an actual princess, you would die straightaway?!"

 

"We are very sorry. The woman who was supposed to play 'the princess's' role suddenly got sick. Me and my partner started panicking. We saw how you walked to this room, it was like a princess was actually here - your walk, manners and beauty checked all of the requirements.

 

'That's because I am a princess' I rolled my eyes.

 

"Please - we are going to lose our job and we don't want to disappoint Miss Bom on her first solo debut" 

 

I wasn’t really happy with their behaviour but it is for Bom then why not. "Fine I will do it"

 

"You will?"

 

I scoffed. "You already took my clothes from me so I have no choice but to wear this dress, do I now?"

 

"Thank you so much!" they bowed a couple of times.

 

-----

 

They explained to me what I will have to do for scene 1. I just need to walk and walk and cry and bow.

 

I hid behind the staffs and I see Bom standing beside the stairs getting ready. I'm really excited to surprise her.

 

Okay, I just need to act that's all. This should be easy. But then I want this to be perfect so I recalled what Bom told me what the plotline is. So if I were the girl I would be devastated to know that my lover died and I disgust the man I will have to marry.

 

In a way, this plotline is similar to my story but except I don't have a lover and my parents would not kill anyone, ever. Questions started popping up in my head... What if I never travelled to the future and I never met GD? Would I miss him? Will I still need to marry the man I had never met? What would my parents feel about me marrying to a powerful family?

 

When we were in position, I looked at the prince beside me. I felt anger rushed inside me. I would rather marry GD who is not from a royal family rather than this prince who is trying to use my tittle to gain more connections.

 

I took a step away from him and made distance.

 

The music starts with a soothing piano sound.

 

I walked and walked and walked.

 

I looked up and I imagined my parents on the side of the stairs, pain and loneliness shows in my eyes. They were smiling at me; they are relieved to see that I am getting married.

 

'Is this what you really want?' I asked them. I had so many questions but it was left unanswered.

 

Bom starts to lip-sync as soon as we starts to climb the stairs.

 

______________________

Love seems to change so easily

In place of our own greed, a painful scar is left

______________________

 

The lyrics start to sink in me. As the couples lastly bows to each other knowing that after this bow, they are officially married.

 

______________________

Gotta let you go

And please don't cry

______________________

 

I didn't know what got to me but a flash of GD smiling was all I could think.

 

I shed a drop of tear as I smoothly bowed 90 degrees. I stared at my soon-to-be-husband in sad longing eyes.

 

'I'm sorry' I whispered particularly to no one.

 

"CUT!" the director shouted. "That was perfect! Now moving on to scene 2".

 

The feeling was still in me, I feel like I am betraying someone and I feel guilty.

 

"Dara, hey" Bom comes beside me "What happened? Are you okay?" she felt the urge to ask from the beginning ever since she saw pain in my eyes.

 

I wiped the threatening tears in my eyes "I'm okay, just need a minute to calm down"

 

GD comes running in a flash towards me "How did this happen? How did you become the princess?"

 

"Something happened to the girl who was supposed to take this role and these two people begged me so I volunteered"

 

When it feels like the heavy feeling was gone, I smiled to GD "I looked like an actual princess didn't I?"

 

"Yes you were baby" he brushed his hand across my cheeks.

 

Bom was amused to watch GD all lovey dovey again, it's a shame that it might get complicated later on if it gets serious.

 

"We have a problem Bom" GD finally remembered his purpose of running here.

 

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

 

"They are very eager to meet Dara"

 

Bom gasped.

 

Nothing bad is going to happen right...?

 

-----

 

We were all in the changing room except for Bom since she had to shoot her next scene. All of them were intently staring at me.

 

GD grabbed my hands to assure me that everything is going to be alright.

 

Me and GD are the only ones who were sitting on the couch while the rest stood up in front of us.

 

They started introducing themselves.

 

"So... What's your name?" Daesung started off.

 

"M-my name is Sandara Park but people calls me Dara"

 

They all gasped.

 

Why?! Did I say something wrong?

 

"You do look like her and even have the same name" Taeyang never took off his eyes on Dara.

 

GD glared at everyone and warned them that they should be careful of what they say.

 

"Where do you live unnie?" Minzy bravely asked.

 

I glanced at GD, nervously. I don't really have a home but I don't think it would be a smart move to tell them my whole story. GD, Bom and TOP warned me to not say anything about it.

 

"She is living in my house" GD spoke up, leaving all the members shock.

 

"Can I talk to you, G?" CL gritted her teeth and walked out the room.

 

I smiled at him and assured him that nothing is going to happen to me when I saw him hesitate to follow her. In the end he followed her outside.

 

I heard loud voices coming from outside, it seems like the CL is shouting at GD. Since everyone is silence, their conversation was crystal clear.

 

"ARE YOU ING CRAZY?! WHY HER OUT OF ALL PEOPLE?! YOU DO KNOW THAT SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HER! Heck! She even has the same name..."

 

"I know CL, I know"

 

"Then why didn't you stop yourself, G?! Please tell me you are not serious with her..."

 

My ears perked up when I knew they were talking about me.

 

"I'm not CL, I'm just helping her out. I'm not interested in her in anyway"

 

"Well you ing better not! Because if you do, at the end of the day she will get hurt not you"

 

The members gawked at his answer. They looked at me with pity.

 

A pang hits my heart. What did he just say? I felt like my heart was ripped into half, even though I know nothing was happening between us in the first place. But why do I feel like this? I felt the urge to cry...

 

"Okay..." when everything was getting too serious "I'm gonna go head outside and try to calm them down" Daesung said.

 

"I'll go with you" Seungri rushed out to the door and tried to calm down CL.

 

TOP sat beside me, trying to comfort me as much as possible. Even though he doesn't know how to comfort me, I know he is trying his best. 'What is that bastard thinking?' he cursed at GD. "We need Bom, right now!" 

 

"I'll get her" Minzy runs outside and ignored his noona and oppas.

 

"What are you guys thinking?! We can hear you from all the way there" Daesung scolded them.

 

GD and CL's jaws dropped and eyes wide open.

 

GD immediately ran inside the room and rushed towards me. He tried touching reaching for my hands but I slapped it away. "Dara..."

 

"I need air" I stood up from the couch using my last pride left inside me, I walked outside the room. 

 

I saw CL, Seungri and Daesung outside, they jumped when they saw me, I kindly bowed at them before leaving.

 

"Damn. You messed up big time" TOP shook his head.

 

"Will Dara unnie be alright?" Sohee asks.

 

"You were lying, weren't you?" Taeyang asked GD "You lied when you said you didn't like her"

 

"I don't like her I'm telling the truth, Bae"

 

"Are you only saying that because you can't like her, because she looks too much of your ex-girlfriend?" 

 

"Shut up! I swear if you don't shut up, I will-"

 

Taeyang who was leaning against the wall stood up straight "You will what? ! Ji, I have known you for a very long time now. You like her, I have never seen you like this, not until now, not until you met her"

 

"I'm out!" GD is ing irritated at everyone who seems to be blaming him for everything.

 

He went outside and searched for Dara.

 

Little did they know, someone was smiling inside that very room.

 

-----

 

[Author’s POV]

GD knew he ed up, he had searched in every area but he can't seem to find Dara anywhere.

And then he remembered that Dara always insist that she is a princess and it would only be normal if the princess goes back to her room.

 

GD runs his way to Dara's room.

 

Before he opened the door, he heard Dara talking.

 

"Please~ I beg you. I will give you lots of money or whatever you want, just bring me back to Joseon. I don’t like it here anymore" Dara cried out.

 

"You still haven't showed me your worthy yet Dara" An unfamiliar lady spoke up.

 

"What can I do to show my worthy?" Dara asked.

 

"Maybe, perhaps you should ask the man behind those doors" the woman snickered.

 

GD's hand starts to sweat; he opened the door to see Dara sitting down on the floor accompanied by a woman who is wearing a long dark dress with black apple in her hand.

 

He passed the woman in the black dress and walked towards Dara. 'She must be one of the casting' he thought.

 

"Sorry to interrupt your thoughts but I am not an actress in here"

 

GD was shocked. 'How did she read my thoughts?'

 

"How did I...? Hmmm... Because I am a witch" She smirked.

 

GD stole a glance at Dara who looked away.

 

"No way..." 

 

"Yes way. But now that I think about it, I don't need Dara to be here in order for her to learn her lesson. Fine. Dara, I will bring you back to the past - Along with this boy" 

 

Dara stood up and rushed towards GD and went in front of him as if she was protecting him from her "Leave him out of this" 

 

The woman evilly laughed and took a bite of her black apple. Dara and GD was slowly fading away starting from their feet until their legs was completely gone.

 

Her eyes were wide open as she looks at his half body nearly gone.

 

"What is happening to us?!" GD panicked.

 

"He can't come with me!" Dara yelled at the woman. "He is not from there!"

"Well there is only one way for him to get back here"

 

"What is it?!" Dara panics when her face is slowly disappearing.

 

"That is for me to know and for you to find out" The woman smirked before everything out for both of them.

 

-----

 

GD wakes up from the ground.

 

His head was aching hell, he grunted.

 

He sat up to see himself in the same room.

 

"You are finally up" Dara says.

 

GD noticed that Dara's clothes changed, she is not wearing the traditional wedding dress of Korea anymore.

 

"Where am I?" 

 

"We are in my time, baby boy"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's chapter 11^_^ She's finally back in her time. Wanna know what happens next? stay tuned for more

Don't forget to comment & subscribe .

Preview time:

I leaned towards Dara and kissed her in the forehead.

“I love you Dara”


 

Daragon FTW!