' Never judge a Book by It's cover'...Or should you ?

A Royal Fantasy (On Hiatus)
Chapter  6 : ‘Never Judge a book by it’s Cover’ Or..Should you ? 
                                                                                                                    *Listen to this song
 
 
Kris POV 
 
I finished my work . Finally . I looked across the room , Faye’s room was still lit . Was she scared of the dark ? I walked up to the door and opened it a bit to see whether she was sleeping or not . Right there , she was facing the other way . I looked at her closely . Was she asleep ? She was breathing alright so I left her in the room . Maybe she’s scared of the dark, so it’s better to keep the light on . I walked to my bedroom and closed my eyes . Please let me dream about that little girl . Please…~
 
I landed somewhere , I opened my eyes but all I could see was the same house . The little girl was there but she looked older , she was walking with someone . I went behind them . She didn’t notice me . That was a first . She changed . She looks like she’s 10 or 11 now . “ Why didn’t you tell me ?” The girl ..well..the girl I knew , was just staring at the figure . “ You’re a rich mans daughter ! I bet your father spoils you !” The friend giggled ,  The girl looked at her friend in disbelief . She looks so familiar . 
 
“ Do you think that’s how I was brought up ?” The girl asked her friend .Her voice has changed as well . She sounded quite mature for her age with a tint of squeakiness . I watched them behind the tree. “My Father may be rich , but that doesn’t make me rich…” The girl the turned around walked away . “ Don’t ever try coming that close to me jut because of my money !” I widened my eyes . I knew the girl was really rich but not that rich that people literally begged her for money . Like..Me . I tried getting to the girl but I couldn’t move anymore . I watched as she tried crossing the road when suddenly all went pitch black , all except 2 lights…rushing towards her . 
 
 
“ NOOOOOOO !” I shouted , I opened my eyes and jumped up . I looked around . I was back..In..My..Room . I was sweating . I could feel it . I looked around , the room was still dark . I got up and wiped my forehead , God , what the hell is this ? What happened to the girl ? Did she die ? For some reason..I got scared and I got out of my room . 
 
“ Lanky Prince ?” I turned around to see Faye , she didn’t look she fell asleep . Wearing a hanfu , her hair out. Where was she ? Ahh~I can’t deal with this . I ignored her and went past her to get some water myself . I felt her body tense up as I went past her , she didn’t look at me , but looked down . I walked to the kitchen . 
 
Ignoring the looks I was receiving yet again , I knocked onto the kitchen door . And The chef opened the door . “ Water..I need Water-” The elder women nodded and smiled at me . “ NOW!” I growled , she rolled her eyes and handed me a glass . 
 
“ Lady Yu had visited me at night,” She told me , I nodded . Why does everyone want to talk about her? “ She took a lot of food for you , I’m sure you’ve eaten well ?” I mentally face palmed myself . Faye had gone out of her way , at night ,to get me food and I was treating her so badly . I don’t even know why . I walked out of the room . Eating an apple .  I saw Faye and Roro coming my way . I thought about apologizing to her when Faye walked past me . I looked away . Act Cool Kris . Act Cool . Roro surely noticed the exchange we had but didn’t ask for anything . Faye didn’t look at me . Not Once . 
 
Yesterday , we seemed so close . I ruffed my hair as I walked to my fathers drawing room . Faye had told me something about an announcement . That it’ll be today . I knocked on the door and went in . I bowed in front of my father . “ Huang Taizi..” I nodded as I sat upright . Having breakfast with my parents . “ The announcement is today,” I bit into a sponge like chicken . “ About your engagement with Lady Yu,” I nodded , Wait..I stopped chewing and looked at my father  . So quickly ? It’s only been 3 days… “ I  ordered her to come to breakfast..but..” He grumbled . “ I need to see whether she is worthy enough to be part of the royal family,” What ? But she was dragged into this mess which means she has too . I looked away from my parents at the doors that were opening. Faye was coming in with the chef . They were talking . Faye looked up too see the Emperor and knelt on the floor . “You can get up now,” She got up and stood around awkwardly. “ As in , sit down and eat with us” She looked at the only seat available . Next to Me .She sat next to me but further away . I looked away . She was being really weird . “ Lady Yu , Tell me ,How was your life in the other time ? I am quite intrigued from the stories I had from my wife,” I raised my eyebrows . He didn’t give a damn whenever Mother spoke. 
 
Faye looked up , with no emotion in her eyes whatsoever. But I knew she was scared . My father had that effect on people . “ I’m sorry , Your Majesty,” She slightly bowed her head . “ I would like to tell my stories when the Empress is here,” My mouth hang wide open . Faye..just…declined..an..Emperor’s..order . I can’t even do that . 
 
I looked at my father slowly  but he was smiling at her . “ Ah , You shall be a great Queen , Lady Yu,” He chuckled . I have never seen my father smile like that . Faye’s fringe was covering her eyes . “ A Queen should be able to speak for herself , instead listening to orders,” He then  picked up his chopsticks . “ Eat some food , My dear,” 
 
He ate his chicken and I joined him , But Faye didn’t pick up her food or chopsticks . She looked straight ahead . Her eyes were wide as she looked out the window , I rolled my eyes . Food is never on her mind ,is it ? “ Ah , Your Majesty , I have already eaten,” She quickly bowed . “ Thank you for inviting me !” She then walked out . I could only look at Father . He didn’t look angry at all . Just happy . This is so weird . 
 
~
After 2 hours on talking about the engagement announcment to my father , I walked out only to see Faye crouching on the ground . “ Yah…What are you doing ?” I asked her , she put her finger to her lips and told me to crouch with her . The both of us were behind a white pillar . “ What are you doing ?” I whispered. 
 
“ Kris , I should’ve told you earlier,” she whispered back to me. I leaned in , not noticing how close her lips were next to mine . “ You know that guy-” She pointed to a man dressed in black . Hmm…I tried to remember him . He looked strangely familiar . “ The Lord of the House of Yuan,” I nodded , how did she know ? “ I-I think his up to something…” I turned around , startling her and looked at her with my eyes wide . 
 
“ What do you mean ?” I whispered back , she looked at the man . “The man is quite suspicious looking but you should never doubt him , Remember , Never judge a book by it’s over,” I rolled my eyes but she held onto my arm and tugged me down . 
 
“ Kris , Listen , I-” 
 
“ You’ve only been here for 3 days,” I glared at her. “ Don’t act like you know a lot !” I walked away from her . Why does she always create problems ? I shook my head , Today she is annoying me a hell load . 
 
~
Faye POV 
 
I watched him walk away . Jerk Face . He didn’t even listen to me , I ruffled my hair . His being so weird today , he ignored me in the morning so I thought ‘ Hey, since he doesn’t want to see me , I wont annoy him’ , and I tried my best. But he always gets angry with whatever I say . Bum Bag . “ I have found the 2 girls , sire,” I turned around quickly to listen to what the Priest was telling the Professor Snapes Guy . “ They do not look like your daughters but like foreigners,” My eyes widened . What on earth were they trying to do ? “ Everything will start in the Empress’s bedroom ,” With that , they left off . I gasped , whatever they’re doing . Will hurt the Empress . I can’t believe they do this kind of act to their own people . And today’s the Announcement of the Engagement . I trudged up the stairs to see Luhan coming down . 
 
“ Ah~Faye,” He smiled and waved as he walked towards me . “ What’s with the frown ?eh ? Eh ?” He poked my cheeks . I just looked at him . Should I tell him if that jerk didn’t listen ? Well…Luhan is part of the army ..so he might be able to help . 
 
“ Uh--Can I-” Then he was patted on the back by some solider who gave me a weird look before he asked Luhan something . Luhan smiled sadly as he ruffled my hair , waved goodbye and walked off . “ Just Great..I can’t tell anyone…” I muttered as I walked into  Roro’s room . I Haven’t talked to her properly.  “ Roro ?” I walked into her room , to see Roro with a bunch of maids . “ Yah..What happened ?” 
 
 
“ They’re making me get ready for the party…” She whined , I looked at her , it wasn’t a party but an Announcment of mine and Kris’s engagement . Bloody hell . This was scary . “ …How comes your not getting ready ?” She asked , I shrugged as I watched her get her hair done . Roro just looked at herself in the mirror . “ NO ! THIS IS TOO MUCH !” She took everything off with the maids gasping for air , as if it was a horrendous sight for them to see . “ Something simple , like this,” she started working on her  hair . Roro was known in our neighbourhood for being very talented in doing peoples hair . No wonder she turned into a Diva . Finally she was done .I could only awe at her beautiful handiwork . The maids also looked amazed . “ See , this is simple !” The maids clapped their hands , saying that they’ll use the idea one day and they need Roro to teach them more. Roro ..was..back..into..her..diva..self . I was ushered out of the room by my maids , who told me that the Empress has chosen a dress for me . I sighed , as they tried to do the same hairstyle on me . He traditional Chinese one . But I shook my head . “ I’ll do it !" Roro offered as she touched my head . “ Here we go !” she just twirled my hair within her fingers and then made me look at the mirror. I looked so natural . “ Awhh~You’ve got really nice hair that’s why it was able to come out this nice !” The maids suddenly started clapping again , I chuckled . These Maids make my day . It wasn’t too much , or too little . I still pulled it off . Not trying to sound vain people .
 
 I looked at the dresses the Empress wanted us to wear. I breathed in . At least , it’s simple like I had wanted . I looked at Roro as she walked in wearing the dress , her hair was so pretty and her dress . Wow . Her one was so simple . I’m jealous . “ Yah ! Faye ! Go and get changed ! I want to see how your dress looks like !” I nodded as I went into the bathroom . Gosh…when I had come out . Everyone face dropped . What…? I knew it ..It was too much ! This dress…will..be..the..end..of…me . “ Wowza…” Roro patted me on the back . “ Wearing this dress…You already look like the Crown Princess…” I smacked her on the arm . 
 
“ Yah ! Stop lying !” I rolled my eyes . “ I know I don’t look good…” Roro sighed and was about to remark back at me when the Empress came in . “ Ah ,” Roro and I bowed , the Empress patted us the backs . 
 
 
“ It’s okay ,” She then breathed in . “ Your going to have been shown in front of the whole crowd,” She whispered to us . “ It’s scary at first but trust me ,” She chuckled as she leaned in . “ Those lowlifes are just hereto mock people,” I giggled , The Empress still had some modern humour to her . Roro walked on her left and I walked on her right . “ We can do it !” she whispered , as we walked .  We stood there in front of the front door , the 6 maids behind . 2 warrior maids n each side , 6 male guards in front of us . Mind my language but....Just..Got…Real . We could hear the Emperor talking , I felt the Empress squeeze my hand . 
 
“ How old is our Huang Taizi ?” The Emperor asked the people inside , obviously , I couldn’t see , but if you squint your eyes next to the corner of the door , you can see a bit . OMG . Kris was sitting there , right beside his father but on his own throne . He looked….So…Handsome . His clothes were so simple..and his a prince . Crown Prince . And here I am . Wearing something so over- 
 
‘Faye ? Are you here yet?’ I gasped as I looked around , the Empress gave me a weird look . I smiled and looked away . Kris . 
 
‘ Kris , stop talking to me like this !’
 
‘I’m going to do what I want ! Are you here yet ?’
 
‘Yes…Were behind the door’
 
I watched him look at the door slightly and then quickly turn his head back to whatever the Emperor was saying .  ‘ Faye , Do you know where your sitting ?’
 
‘ No , this wasn’t rehearsed’ 
 
‘ We never rehears here , You’ll be sitting beside me,’
 
‘Okay…’
 
‘Uhh…Faye..’
 
‘Yeah….?’
 
‘Good Luck’
 
 
I smiled to myself as I watched him a tiny bit , as if he knew I was watching him . Then suddenly the Emperor shouted “ The Empress,” The Empress walked in first , “ Lady Bao !” Roro went in whilst giving me tiny wink . “ The Fiancée of Huang Taizi Wu YiFan …” I stepped into the light . “ Lady Yu Ning Fei !” I walked in , slowly , keeping my head down low , I heard gasps and words and I followed what he Empress had done with Roro and knelt down onto the ground , giving my allegiance to the Empreror . “ You can get up now,” We stood up and I went to sit beside Kris who was trying to not look at me . The Empress sat beside the Emperor . Roro beside me , but further at the front . Luhan was beside her , staring at her . Damn….I smiled to myself , Does he have a thing for her ? I turned my head to face the people . Who were still staring at me .
 
“ Your Grace !” A man had bowed , “ I have never seen this women-”
 
“ This women shall be spoken with respect, Lord Ryu,” Kris looked at the man right in the eye , Why was he talking like that to man ? He didn’t know how to address me , I opened my mouth but Kris gave me a glare ,  I looked down . “ I , Huang Taizi , shall me wedding F-” He coughed , “ Lady Yu,” He then looked at the people , like he was giving them death threats . “ If anyone has a problem , please raise your hands,” No one raised their hands , I breathed in , so they accept me ? I felt this rush of happiness ..until…that…one…person…lifted…their…hands. Professor Snapes . “ Yes , Lord of the House of Yuan ?” 
 
“ I say , Your Majesty,” The mans voice was so deep . If he spoke to my eldest nephew that way (His 10 years), he would’ve started crying and he does Tae Kwon Do . “ I am not saying there is anything wrong with you , My Lady ,” He walked towards my directions , I watched the guards tense up . This guy wont try to do anything to me , would he ? I looked at the Man right in the eye . “ Ah , I see , you shall be a great Queen , My Lady,” He smirked , Kris looked at the guy closely , I could see his eyes scanning the man . “ But , Why do you look so foreign ?” He leaned in through the fence , the guards had their arms in front of as if they were saying ‘ You-cant-get-that-close-’ .  “ You are quite fair..To Be honest , in this heat of China , you should be darker..” The Emperor got up from his seat . 
 
“ Lord of-” But the Emperor was interrupted by the lord himself . And funnily enough , he didn't do anything . The Lord chuckled as he looked at me closely .
“ You are far to beautiful , Lady Yu…” I felt Kris’s hands holding onto mine , I didn’t look away from the Man . He was a freak . A Totally Freak . ing on a women like that . 
 
“ Thank you , “ I nodded back at him , shaking off Kris’s hands as they had tightened onto mine . “ I’m sure your wife is so much more prettier ,” I smiled at him . The mans expression changed within a second . He was now staring at me intently . I looked at Kris who smirked at my remark . 
 
“ Ah , Quite a tongue , My Lady,” The man nodded in approval . “ But , I have to say…You are quite different , you have a different accent…a different tone…” I heard people murmur around the room . I saw Roro get up and walk towards the man . “ Ah , Lady Bao-” 
 
“ Yah..” Roro gave the man a dirt , Men were looking at her with shocked eyes . “ Don’t look at the soon to be Crown Princess like you want to eat her up,” the man looked down at her . “ She is to be the next Emperor of China , you should stay within your limits-”
 
“ Or What ? May I ask , My Lady…” The man smiled …like…a…freak…he..is . “ Will you do ?” Whispered , loud enough for me to hear . 
 
 
“ Your Grace,” I got up , feeling Kris trying to drag me down , but I shook him off me . The men all look at me . ..What do I say now ? I looked at Roro , nudging my head to the left , Roro nodded and ended up sitting down back at her chair with Luhan whispering to her how stupid she is . The Empress was watching with quite an amused face . I sat back down , with peoples eyes still on me . 
 
“ The Engagement will in next month , In 28 days,” The Emperor told everyone . And that’s how the official meeting ended , I went out into the garden . I breathed in , I wasn’t much of a public speaker so I was scared . Wait…Didn’t that priest say something about the Empresses room ? Nothing Happened…though . I sighed as I went back into my room , only to see Kris lying down on it . 
 
“ Yah ! Lanky Prince !” I poked him on ribs , he rolled to the other side . “ Your on my bed !” 
 
“ And ?” He asked , ruffling his hair and he sat upright , still cuddling onto my pillow . “ what are you going to do about it ?”  His eyebrows were raised up , then he smiled softly . “ You looked pretty today ,Faye,” I blushed quickly . Damn . This never happens to me . I turned around with a sigh . “ Even the lord said so himself…” He emphersised on the word ‘ Lord’ . I grimincied . “ See , Faye …His not a bad guy , he just cares about the kingdom-”
 
Something smelled terrible . We heard shouting’s and guards knocked open the door . I screamed..randomly . I mean , you would scream if you saw some intruder in your bedroom , wouldn’t you ? “ Your Majesty’s !” Oh..That’s why Kris didn’t react . He was one of the soldiers . “ We have to leave ! An  Attack has happened !” Kris looked at me before holding onto my hand and dragging me out . I looked around , the whole building was …messed up . People were fighting , some people were on the floor . It was scary , I felt Kris’s hands cover my eyes . Why was Ancient China like this ? 
 
 
Suddenly I felt the cold air , Kris removed his hands from my eye's, but could feel his hot breath on my forehead , I opened my eyes and looked around , we were surrounded by gaurds . “ Kris…What’s happening ?” I whispered , noticing Kris had his arms around , making me face him and not anywhere else . He was trying to protect me . 
 
“ Faye ,” He looked into my eyes . For the first time ever . Kris looked scared , I turned around too see the whole palace on fire . Oh my god . I felt Kris’s arms tighten around me . He wants to cry . That’s when I realized what was happening . 
 
“ Roro…” I muttered underneath my breath . Y-yah-” I pulled myself away from Kris . “ Roro…” I felt tears urging me to let them out .Not now . She might not be hurt . She might not be .  I heard Kris calling me name but I moved away from him , towards the fire . “ RORO !” I screamed . “ RORO ! DON’T LEAVE ME!” I looked around , the guards were  trying to protect both Kris and Me . “ DON’T LEAVE ME ! WHERE ARE YOU ?!” She was the only one who knew me .She was my sister..my little sister and a best friend . I breathed in heavily . Kris sat down slowly . His parent’s are in there . Why did we make it out ? Why was it us ? I saw Luhan trying to talk to Kris , but Kris wasn't looking at anything other than the burning palace . He wasn't talking . I saw Lay trying to heal the injured soldiers . Xiumin had run off with Chen and Tao in order to tackle the Attackers . All I could do was just stand there . 
 
 
The Priest….I looked around , he was no where in sight . No where . Couldn’t any of them EXO-M members use their powers ? But they were to busy . No one noticed me as I slipped inside the Palace . No one would . I’m just an average girl . 
 
The whole building was falling apart . I don’t know what made me come inside . Even though I was scared . Something dragged me inside . I saw dead bodies on the floor. Mama…I ran into the Empress’ bedroom . And I knew it . There she was on the floor . How could everyone leave the Queen of China there to suffer ? “ Your Majesty…” I coughed …The Empress looked up slowly . The fire was getting too warm and the ashes were forming . We started coughing , I ript off a bit of my dress and put it around the Empress’es mouth . “ Come on , I’ll get you out of here !” I know how it felt to be left out . The Story about the Emperor and the Empress was true . He didn’t care about her one bit . But I will . I will take care of the Empress like my own mother . I held onto her arm as we tried running outside , but the woods fell down . The Empress held her grip on me , as if telling me to forget her . “ No..I already lost my Mama…I don’t want to lose another !” Her eyes widened and I could see wet teardrops trying to come out . We ran straight into Roro’s room . “ RORO !” I screamed . I heard nothing . “ RORO !” Then the Empress and I saw a hand gripping on the wardrobe , Roro looked up , her face smeared with ash , her eyes were wet ..she was crying . Roro never cries . I picked her up with my left hand that was free . “ Come to me ! I’ll get you out !” She slowly got up and held onto my hand , I gave her another ript cloth and we started running out of the building . Whoever did this…is..going..to..pay.
 
~
Kris POV 
 
“ Kris…” Luhan tried talking to me , but I ignored him . My childhood was getting burnt down and all I could do was sit down and watch . My own power couldn’t help it . I have the same power . To destroy things . I didn’t do the fire but I knew my father would’ve blamed me for it .Wait…Baba…Mama ? I looked up at Luhan . Where were my parents ? “ Kris ! The Emperor made it out alive !” I nodded , but what about Mama ? I breathed in roughly . Mama better be okay . 
 
I looked around . Faye . Where was she ? I Stood up suddenly , I was holding onto her before ..where did she go ? “ WHERE’S LADY YU !?” I shouted, the guards flinched and looked around us . “ WHERE IS MY FIANCÉE ?” I looked at the guards , they had guilty expressions on their face . “ THE NEXT EMPRESS IS MISSING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS WATCH !?” I Walked in front of all of them . “ YOU ARE THE IMPERIAL SOLDIERS OF CHINA ! IF YOU CANNOT LOOK AFTER A YOUNG WOMEN … HOW WOULD YOU LOOK AFTER A WHOLE COUNTRY ?” The guards bowed and started running off looking for Faye . I felt my face getting hot , Luhan came beside me and patted me on the shoulder . I don’t want to lose Mama…or Faye . “Roro…Wasn’t Faye screaming for Roro earlier ?!” I looked at Luhan in the eye . I remember her crying for Roro . Nobody helped her . Not even me , I just watched her and started thinking about myself. I didn’t even listen to her story she tried telling me in the morning . I ruffled my hair . 
 
Then I heard guards shout . “ LADY YU !” I turned to the guard and he pointed towards the burning palace , slowly , a figure had come out , a silhouette . Then 2 more . In the right was My Mama . In the left was Roro . And in the middle . Holding onto them was…Faye . I ran towards them , the guards had taken Roro and Empress , who seemed to be fine as they covered their mouth with a cloth . All except Faye . She wasn’t looking at anything , her body was limp . Her eyes were red . Her once pretty milky white skin had dark ashes on it . 
 
“ F-faye…” I whispered as I went towards her . Lay was sitting down with her , trying to heal her . “ Faye…Are you okay ?” I asked ,as I sat beside her . She wasn’t listening to anything I was saying . The Empress was fine and was moved to the Emperors headquarters , you could still hear her shouting for Faye . Roro had fallen asleep and Luhan was protecting her with Xiumin . And Faye was sitting down . 
 
She…went..in..there…” Lay whispered to me , I nodded, closing my eyes . Even I couldn’t go inside but yet..she did . She saved 2 people . Saved people . And she’s a women . I just sat there . Mourning over a palace . 
 
 
“ Doesn’t Tao have the power of Time Control ?” Faye suddenly spoke up , Her voice was rough and croaky . I nodded . “ Get him here…Now…” Lay got up and called for Tao who came running , he saw how Faye had looked and fell onto the ground , telling her how sorry he was for not protecting her. “ It’s not about protecting me…” I looked at Faye , does she know what she is saying ? She will be an Empress…she needs to be taken care of . “ Come with me…and Xiumin-” Xiumin came  rushing over . “ We can fix this mess …We can..” I stood up and followed them as the rest stayed back . “ Freeze time now…Tao…” I held onto Faye to help her work . Tao froze the time . Everyone had stopped and she didn’t look fazed for 1 moment but had  soft smile on as she patted Tao on the head . “ Good Job…” Tao smiled , but kept hold of the control , his face straining . “ Xiumin…The building hasn’t broken apart yet..it’s still in th beginning of breaking down …Freeze the whole building with the ice,” Xiumin seemed unsure at first but did as he was told . “ Scientists have proven this , so trust me..” Well , if she’s using big words like that , We have no choice but to listen to her. She then looked at me . “ Use your fire…” I glared at her and shook my head . “ Kris..I have no time for this !” I rolled my eyes . She breathed in and she looked different for a moment . “ This can save the palace and the people in the palace , you are to be King of China , if you do not save the people here , how on earth are going to protect the whole country ?” I stared at her . Xiumin was concentrating on the ice , his face straining , Tao was sweating . “ There trying to save the palace…You’re the Huang Taizi, Prove it to me,” I breathed in . Fire…Come out. I let my hand out and let it overflow with fire . But it was too much . I felt the whole building get warm .Faye touched me on the arm . All I could do was stare at her . Somehow the amount of fire I had , calmed down . We watched the fire dissapaear with ice . I see what she did there . Xiumin put ice around the fire to stop it from overeacting , I had to melt the ice in order for there to be no mess . And it worked .  “ Tao…Xiumin…Kris…” She smiled at us . “ Good Job…” And that’s when she fell . I grabbed onto her . Tao stopped the time control . Xiumin stopped the Ice . All we could do was look at the Faye’s unconscious face . Why does this always happen to her ? Why ? 
 
That’s why she wanted us to be quick…she was holding onto to much pain . I carried her bridal style out of the palace .
                                                                                               
 
 
 
Whoever started this whole mess…is going to pay . Like Hell .