Heartbeat

A Royal Fantasy (On Hiatus)
Chapter 8 : Heartbeat 
 
Kris POV 
 
I looked around the flower garden . Where is she ? I could hear myself panting , I narrowed my eyes at the most beautiful creature in the world . Her long black hair , highlighting her white skin , she turned around in the most gentle way a girl could . A Born Dancer . “ Kang….Mei…Hua….” I ran to her , she stood up and looked up at me with a soft smile . She looked so skinny . So small . I haven’t seen her for 5 years , so it made sense . But..even so…she looks so beautiful . “ Welcome back…” I hugged her , her arms coming around me . “I-I’ve missed you so much..” I whispered to her as I pulled her closer , finally I can smell her beautiful scent . I have waited to long , I breathed it in…It was different …She felt different but maybe it’s because I haven’t seen her for a long time . Maybe that’s why
 
“ Kris…” She smiled up at me , after we pulled apart and sat on a chair . “ You look well…So much more different…” She looked at me in the eye and I felt the whole world wash away . Her beautiful eyes , it like it was telling me a story , like they’re were many pictures going around us , reminding me how close the both of us were . “ Now you are 22 , Yes ?” I nodded , Mei was older than me by 2 years . I felt this sort of connection when we were younger , teenagers to be precise . We met…fell in love . And promised not to let go of each other , Never . “ Ah~Your still young ! I’m 24 now !” She whined , I chuckled , She’s not that old ..Heck , she’s not even old . She’s the right age , I held her hand tightly . “ I missed you too…” She came closer to me . Mei was never this…touchy . But it made me smile , she is a women after all , I leaned back . I may be in love with her , but I need to control my feelings . 
 
Within a few minuetes , Mei and I had started talking about how the 5 years went so slow , I told her everything . Even about the Palace burning down . “ I was devastated. I mean , my childhood home..burning down in front of me-” I shook my head as Mei sighed , agreeing with me . “ Thankfully it was saved-”
 
“ Thanks to your Fiancé , Faye ,” the both of us looked back , there stood Luhan , his arms crossed , striding towards with the other members not in sight . Luhan looked at how close Mei and I were sitting . “ Thanks to Kris’s Fiancé , the palace was saved,” Luhan emphasised the ‘Fiancé’ when he spoke , I rolled my eyes . “ Goodness , Lady Kang , do you not understand what I am saying ?” Mei shuffled in her seat awkwardly . “ Kris will be a marr-”
 
“ Shut up , Luhan,” I stood up and looked at Luhan , right in the eye . Luhan stepped back with my words and scoffed . “ You have no right to be talking to Mei like that !” Luhan stepped in front of me and poked my shoulder . 
 
“ Yah-I don’t care if you’re the Huang Taizi or the next emperor …or the fact that your tall-” he looked at Mei and gave her a dirt . “ I just can’t believe you haven’t noticed anything yet ..” He pushed me and stepped back , he looked back at Mei . “ You took your time to come back , Lady Kang,” Luhan then smirked as he said “ Should’ve taken a few more years off ,” He then walked off , I turned to Mei and held onto her shoulders as I leaned in towards her . 
 
“ Forgive him , Mei,” I whispered to her . “ He doesn’t mean it…” She nodded with a soft smile . 
No one talks to Mei like that….No one . 
 
~
 
 
Luhan POV 
 
Bloody bastard , I closed the door behind me as I walked straight ahead . That e is back again only for his money and he can’t notice it . I ruffled my hair , Showing so much skin just to win over a Huang Taizi , you’ve got to be kidding me . I slammed the door . Faye and Roro are missing and His there with that e ..Next thing you know it , he’ll end up in bed with her . I promised the Empress . I promised her and I cannot keep it . I gasped as I felt the pain entering my arm from my hand . “ No…” I whispered as I walked towards the front gate of the palace , to see Tao sitting down in the corner , Xiumin fixing his sword , Chen reading and Lay looking towards the Gate . “ Damn Bastard is with that e,” I told them , they all groaned . 
 
“ Gosh-” Xiumin ruffled his hair . “ She just had to come , didn’t she ?” He then plopped onto the ground . “ Kris already has a fiancé and now his-” Xiumin didn’t need to finish of his sentence , everyone knew how he felt . Anger .
 
“ Faye…” Lay whispered as he slowly looked at us . “ How will she feel ?” We all knew how close Lay was with Faye . It must be hurting him a lot just to see by the sidelines . “ She had to give up everything…just to be with him…Everything…” He sighed as he rubbed his face . “ Even though , she didn’t want too,” 
 
“ It’s Fate…” Chen added in , he put down his book and looked at the field where Kris was laughing with Mei . “ But their’s something that’s wrong…” I turned to see Kris . Something was off . “ She looks really different…I mean , she never used to show skin at all …I mean , her thingymabobs are showing-” I smacked Chen’s head . We all know what he meant by thingymabobs .  Who’d thought Chen would be thinking about such stuff ? 
 
“ Uh…Should we go and look for them , then Gege ?” Tao asked , looking up at me . If that bastard isn’t …then it’s better if we do . I nodded and with that we all were about to leave for the girls . “ Gege , you better stay here and keep an eye on them two-” Tao nodded off too Kris and Mei . “ No offence , but I can see something happening later on and it will not be good for the girl or for Gege..” I nodded , the lad say’s the truth , I waved goodbye to them and walked back into the palace . 
 
What am I going to do now ? I know what you all are thinking . Why are we not doing our work ? We’re look upon highly in the whole of China for being one of the most strongest and richest princes so no one tries to bother us . But…I guess ,that’s what bores us . No real competition has come up against us until the both of them came . 
 
Roro and Faye . They brought this long history with them , like you’d have to poke them in order to find out something so interesting it’ll blow your mind . If I had been Faye’s Fiancé…Unlike that bastard , I would’ve tried to get to know her , I would’ve tried to find out more about the year ‘2013’ , at least something new that’ll bright up my life . But no . He was chosen . They guys who gives no s about his fiancé . I walked back to Kris and that e . Better them then nothing , eh ? 
 
“ Ah~Luhan~” The old hag smiled at me , I rolled my eyes and sat down onto the seat beside Kris , with my feet up . This position is so comfortable. “ Luhan , how have you been all these years ?” She asked , I shrugged . “ Oh…” Why was she bothering me ? I looked at her . 
 
“ Yah” I glared at her . “ Please shut that mouth of yours-”then I felt a smack on my thigh ,I turned to see a fuming Kris . What the hell ? What has gotten into him ? Even since that witch came …he turned weird . “ YAH ! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU ??! HUH ?” Kris blinked . Once . Twice . “ Lady Kang , leave the palace . Now ,” The woman looked at Kris and I and ran for her life . As if her life had counted on it . Now , it was only Kris and I  . It had been at least an hour since the guys had left for Faye and Roro and they were not back . “ Do you find her that lustful , huh ?” Kris blinked again . “ HUH ?” I whacked him on the arm , I have never gotten this mad before . But seeing a women play my best friends heart…it pisses me of in ways you have no idea about . 
 
“ Luhan…” Kris whispered , his eyes have never looked this lost , my eyes widened . “ I’m so sorry-” He sighed as he dropped down . “ I don’t know what got over me…” He rubbed his face . “ How long had it been since she wash here ? An hour ?” I shook my head . 
 
“ Kris , It has been at least 4 hours since she had been here..” I ruffled my hair as I watched different set of emotions play in Kris’s face . 
 
“ T-then…” He gasped . “ Faye !” He jumped up.Great . After 4 hours…he realizes that his fiancé is missing . “ Goodness , I forget about her !” I looked at Kris . “ She’s ill , do you know where she is ? She should be resting !” I groaned . This idiot . “ Where’s Faye then ?” 
 
“ Roro and Faye are missing…” I muttered under my breath . Kris’s eyes widened , he looked around . “this is no joke , pal,”I patted him on the shoulder . “ It’s great to see that you noticed your Fiancé’s absence in 4 hours,” I smirked. “ What a caring husband you are-” 
 
“ Luhan , this is no time for a joke !” Kris pulled my hand away from him . “ we need to go and find them ! They don’t know Ancient China very well !” I rolled my eyes . 
 
“ What I think you don’t understand is…” I sighed , “ Kris , your not allowed to get out of the palace…” 
 
 
~
 
 
 
Faye POV 
 
Roro and I walked behind the men but on another part of the road but I guess , you could say we were getting distracted a lot . You don’t really get to see Ancient China , a lot you know ? There were markets selling the most prettiest things . Roro and looked at the wonders , “ I really want to buy these things-” Roro sighed as she pulled on my arm , we looked sideways to see Professor Snapes and the Priest literally disappear . “ ..” Roro cursed . “ We followed them out here for no reason !” I nodded . Now…How do we get back ? We looked around , this place was filled with people of lower statuses . Roro and I , even though we were covered by the black cloaks we had on , we still looked rich . Rich compared to them that is
 
“ Lady YU ?” I heard a gasp . Roro and I turned around to see Ayi . The Lady who works at the palace . I sighed out of relief as we walked towards her . Thank God she didn’t shout out my name . “ What are you doing here ? Do you have guards with you ?” I shook my head . “ My Lady , do you know how dangerous , it is ?” I nodded my head . 
 
“ We were following 2 impostors but it seems like they have gone…so were wondering how to get back to the palace..” I smiled softly . “ But , we were just fascinated with the markets,” Ayi laughed a she patted my hand . “ I’ve never seen Markets like this , These jewellery are absolutely beautiful,” 
 
“ Yupp~” Roro nodded , “ If only we had the money , How much are these ?” Roro asked the women at the stall . We was just staring at us , as if were some monsters . “ Excuse me ?” 
 
“ Uh…10 Yuan-” We nodded . Damn , that was like £1 in England , I looked at Roro with a shocked expression . They wouldn’t take in foreign money . I ruffled my hair . 
 
“ Since , you have never seen this place , I’ll pay for everything !” Ayi clapped her hands , we jut stared at her . What ? She’s going to buy everything we want ? But she’s just an ordinary person . “ Listen , I may look like I have no money ,but I work for the Imperial Palace , I do have money,” She gave me a queer look as if she had read my mind , we started laughing . “ Now , Look for anything you want , I’ll buy you anything-” 
 
“ How about we all buy 2 things each ?” Roro asked , “ I don’t really feel comfortable in using someone else’s money,” 
 
“ Let me tell you one thing,” Ayi whispered . “ These things that we are going to be buying are really cheap , it’s nice to see that a future Empress of China is not looking for diamonds..But something that shows how beautiful our country really is,” I blushed . These people are really good with their words . Roro and Ayi were looking through the necklaces on show , but these thing didn’t interest me so I just looked around , trailing behind the both of them as they discussed which colour suited what . 
 
I don’t know why , but I had this chilling feeling , I lifted my head up and turned around . Damn . There they were . The Priest and Professor snapes . “ My Daughter will take care of things-” Then he lifted his head , , Faye do something ! I turned around and started talking to a man . 
 
“ HAHA-” I whacked him on the arm . “ You are just soooo funny !” From the corner of my eye I watched the Priest and Professor snapes walk away from each other . Damn , nearly caught . So close . I sighed . 
 
“ Uhmm…Are you okay ?” Oh my god . I totally forget about this person . I looked up to see …a God ? I moved away from the man . He had this smirk on him as he watched me getting dragged away from him . Roro was holding onto my arm . 
 
“ Faye ! COME ON !” She shouted . I went beside her .He…Was…So..Good looking . How can someone be this good looking in Ancient China ?  He had dark hair . Beautifully arched cheekbones , big double-lidded eyes…he was quite tanned and was really tall . He was a God . “ Look ! I already brought some stuff ! Even Ayi did ! It’s your turn..” I sighed as I looked around , nothing caught my eye . 
 
“ I don’t think-” I gasped . Damn . Now that’s what you call a pearl. I looked at the hairclip . It had the most prettiest of designs . It was so delicate . Mama would love this . I breathed in . She was so into Ancient China,she loved the history , the culture..everything . I knew the Ayi and Roro were watching me with an amused expression . I coughed . “ Ah..I’d like this..” I told the lady . “ Oh…And this one,” My Mama and I always used to get the same things ,even though it was stupid and that we could share . My Mama always wanted me to be like her . I smiled as I watched the Ayi pay for the hair clips . “ Thank you , Ayi , Thank you so much,” I hugged the women . 
 
“ M-My Lady…” She gasped , I pulled back with a soft smile . “ The pleasure..is all mine,” She bowed slightly . After the little scene we walked back to the palace . I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble , but from what I have heard from Professor snapes …
 
His daughter is in this mischief and I am not going to let her get away with anything . 
 
 
~
 
Kris POV 
 
“ Where are they ?” I shouted , Tao , Xiumin , Chen and Lay had returned hours ago without the 2 girls . I ruffled my hair , in total in had been over 6 hours and it was already night time . We were all standing in front of the front gate . Mama had already called for Faye , but we had to lie to her , telling her that Faye is asleep in my room .Gosh . 
 
“Che..” I turned around to face Chen . He was leaning onto the pillar of the palace with a tilted smile . “ Freaking out after 6+ hours…Great (!)” He chuckled . “ You didn’t even notice she was gone and now..well…your paying for it-”
 
“ Chen,” Xiumin looked at Chen and faced me . “ But still , what he say’s is true ,” Xiumin sat on the stairs of the palace . “ If you weren’t so captivated by that girls thingymabobs-” Thingymabobs ? What on earth is he talking about ? I looked at Lay , who turned red and then at Luhan , who had smacked Xiumin on the head . 
 
“ Gege,” Tao patted me on the arm . “ Just don’t forget that you are to be married,” I ruffled my hair . How can I be married to a girl when my heart beats for another ? We all sat in silence . “ Whose that ?” We all turned around to see a women carrying a lantern , walking up with 2 other girls behind them . “ OH ! FAYE-FAYE ! RORO !!” Tao ran for his life towards the gate . I flopped onto the ground with Xiumin beside me . 
 
Fliss and Roro had their heads covered ..maybe to disguise themselves , they looked oh-so happy . “ Where were you ?” I asked , my voice icy . Faye continued on walking , ignoring my comment , “ Faye,” I walked behind her as she walked to her room . “ Faye,” I said again , the others were vanishing behind us as we entered her room . “ FAYE !” I shouted . She stopped , dropped a bag on the floor . I sighed . “ I’m sorry-”
 
“ It’s okay,” Faye whispered as she bent down to get the fallen bag . I held my tongue . Was she okay ? Her voice sounds nasally . “ I see my room isn’t fixed yet,” Her voice was quiet . I nodded , about to open my mouth . “ I guess , I’ll go to Roro’s room-” She turned around , the cloak still around her . 
 
“ Faye,” I grabbed onto her arm. Her body was tense , “ Are you okay ?” I asked , she tried to shake of my arms but I’m a guy. If she shakes of my arms , then My pride will be forever gone . “ You can sleep in my room ,it’ll be more convenient ,” Faye shook her head . “ Faye-”
 
“ Kris , Please don’t touch me,” She looked up and met my eyes , my hands dropped helplessly . “ Just…Don’t..Speak..To..Me..Okay ?” Her eyes were watery . Now that I think about I . Faye has never cried . Not in front of me that is . “ Go to your room , I’ll be here-” I opened my mouth again . “ GO !” I sighed as I went to my room . 
 
Faye…Why can’t I be the one to comfort you when your always the one that comforts me ? 
Why do I feel this way ?
I love Mei . 
But who are you ? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N : So...Hey..Guys..Keke~~How do you think the story is so far ,eh ? Eh ? *Wiggles eyebrows* 
I know i haven't really updated much so here you go ! I can't do a double update cause it literally takes me like ay ear to do 1 chapter...I'm sorry if it's too long but it's what i do *Shurgs* 
 
I'm sorry if there are alot of curse words in this ...Uhmm..Fan Fiction but..it cannot be helped i mean , i think realistically ...Che..i dont even think ispelt that right . 
 
I was told by a suscriber that she couldn't really understand Fayes character but what i was trying to do was build her chtacter as the story goes on , so uhhmm...how do you think she is ? Like her personality ? Can you see it ? 
 
Exotaome on Jun 2, 2013 13:09:31 says about chapter 4: I think the priest guy is one of the red force
*Theres more ..but i cant reveal ssshhh*
 
Oh ! Also .. Exotaome  ..i really wanted to thank you ! Your guess are heading the right direction ! So please keep on guessing ! It makes me feel happy ! But sad as well since i cant reveal it !! ^^ 
Oh , I love all your comments and i would like to thank these subscirbers :

 

liurinyu  on Jun 13, 2013 23:44:20 says about chapter 5x
the Ayi is the nice person x)
hm Faye should at least tell her bad feeling about the Priest to someone ;_;
Go away you, bad people! 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)

liurinyu  on Jun 5, 2013 00:13:28 says about chapter 4x
Okay! This story is really interesting XD
oh I hope you wake up from your nightmare, Faye x(
I am also feel sorry for her when Lay said she could never back to her time again, that's so sad... 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)

liurinyu  on Jun 4, 2013 23:55:10 says about chapter 3x
It was such a sweet scene when Kris and the little Faye were being close to each other ^^ hm will he meet the little Faye again?
LOL that pic XD 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)

liurinyu  on Jun 4, 2013 23:37:51 says about chapter 2x
Roro is such a cute name x)
Ah it looks like the story between Faye and Kris are going to start~ 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)

 
*Theres more for Rin too * thank you for always commenting and actually talking to me about random stuff and keeping me company liurinyu  
 
f3smile  on Jun 23, 2013 16:21:55 says about chapter 6x
can't wait for the next chap. 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)
f3smile  on Jul 3, 2013 01:43:13 says about chapter 7x
What? Who is lady kang? I hope she is a good person. I dont really like drama. ^_^. Waiting for the next chap 
View All       Reply             (Downvote)
-I'm really sorry for the drama !! I dont like drama as well so dont worry ! It wont be drastic f3smile!! 
AHer-KpopLover  on Jun 27, 2013 06:19:46 says about chapter 6x
I am so in love with this story!!!! Please update soon! :) 
View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)
AHer-KpopLover on Jun 27, 2013 06:19:46 says about chapter 6: I am so in love with this story!!!! Please update soon! :) 
#3 View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)
 
-Thank you for loving this story AHer-KpopLover !! 
jr72ok on Jun 2, 2013 02:52:56 says about chapter 4: new reader and I am loving the story so far! 
#14 View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)
 
-Please continue on loving this story and supporting it jr72ok!! 
 
rikkacho on Apr 29, 2013 03:02:29 says: Interesting story :) can't wait to read more about this :) please update soon author-nim 

Fighting! 
#15 View Replies       View All       Reply             (Downvote)
-thank you for being the first one that has ever commented onto my book rikkacho 
 
Thank you for the upvotes :
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh ! And the subcribers of this story ! You guys brighten up my day !! <3 SARANGEHAEYO !!! *HUGS YOU ALL*