The Truth

A Royal Fantasy (On Hiatus)

Chapter 2 : The Truth 

--> Listen to this song <--

 

2013 
 
God , Faye looked out her car window , Her mother and father were waving at her like she had won the lottery and was going to give all the money to them…As if . Faye looked away with a sigh . They care about her after she had come back from university in England and back to China . She had only come to China to show her parents as proof that she had changed , it had been 5 months of her being in China and she was going to Florida to meet her elder sister and her husband with her friends . 
 
She put on her headphones as her car was driving to pick up one of her friends . Oh..Did I forget to mention Faye was the youngest daughter of the Yu Empire Inc . Her father being the business CEO , Yu Nu Shao and her mother being the Co-found of the business , Ma Zha Nu . Faye looked down , There was never time for anyone in her life . Never a time to say ‘Hello’ or to show off in front of their parents if they got ‘A+’ in the test . Never .Why ? Because she was all the way in England . She closed her eyes , finally.. I have something that I can hold onto
 
Her car had stopped in front of her Best friends house , Roro. Roro was checking whether she packed her luggage properly , her eyes moved to the picture on to top of her clothes , she smiled softly , Mama ..Pray for me on the plane . She grabbed the picture and put it into her luggage and with the help of the servants ran out of the house . “ Please tell Baba that I shall miss him,” Roro reminded the servants who nodded , she waved goodbye and went inside the car . “ AHHH~FAYE!” She hugged Faye into a huge hug , Faye smiled at her friends and took off her headphones . “ I can’t wait to see your sister’s husband !!” She squealed , Faye rolled her eyes , In a few minuets ..Roro would be spazzing over the newest *NU’EST--+o+* bands coming out , Faye pretended to be listening when she was already catching up on last’s nights sleep . 
 
After 2 hours of driving , Both girls fell asleep when the car stopped . “ Miss Yu , Miss Bao..” A knock was heard on the window , Faye yawned and rolled the window down , to show the driver of the car . “ Our Car has broken down…I shall fix it but it will take a long time , can you wait outside ?” Faye sighed as she secretly glared at the Driver…Darn the Car
 
“ Yah ! Roro …wake up !” Faye poked Roro who didn’t show no sign of life at all , Faye sighed and poked Roro on the belly , harder . 
 
“ AAAHHHH!” Roro screamed and her eyes shot wide open , Faye smirked and went out , “ Yah ! What’s going on ? Why’d you have to poke me ?AHHHh~It hurts !” She whined as she followed Faye out , she watched as the driver tried to fix the car . “oh..” She said monotonously . “ I’m not being mean Faye…but…should we take our luggage in case he…you know..” The girls looked at the driver , Faye narrowed her eyes , he does look sort of suspicious…then she nodded , both of girls took their luggage’s . 
 
“ Driver!” Faye called the driver . “ Roro and I shall be over there ! You see that field ?” The Driver nodded . “ We’ll be there ! Call us when you are done !” The Driver nodded again and returned to his work , the girls headed up the steep hill and sat down , smiling . “ You’ll never find this sort of thing in the city…and yet..we did..” She breathed in an air or happiness . “ Can you imagine it , Roro ? If we were back in the ancient times , there would be none of those gismo’s..but..a air that we could actually breath..” She sighed happily . Roro eyed Faye and playfully punched her . “ HEY !” 
 
“ Seriously , Faye , Your too into your history,” Roro shook her head . “ The past is the past . We can’t go back to it ..can we ? If we could then…” She shrugged . “ that’ll be cool , I guess , but the reason that the past has happened is so the future can learn something from it …” Faye nodded , wow, Roro , actually sounds smart , she smiled . It was quiet for a moment , as the girls breathed the air in and took in their surrounding . 
 
“ The plane is going to take at least 5 hours..” Faye groaned as she got out the guidebook . She smiled , she had brought this when she was younger , in case , she returned to China . But she never checked it out before . It wouldn’t hurt to try . She was always into the History of China before anything and straight away went to the chapter about the Imperial family , there she saw the palace . “ Look ! The Imperial Palace !” Faye gave the book to Roro , who smiled as she watched her normally calm friend all childish and youthful  .  “Can you imagine it ? The Emperor and the Empress..standing there …’GO AND GET ME RICE OR I SHALL KILL YOU!” She walked around like she had a fat tummy with a deep voice , Roro started laughing and soon Faye joined her . Roro then put the guidebook back into Faye’s luggage . “ This guidebook sure does have good pictures ,” Faye whispered . 
 
Yu….
 
Faye looked up . That was her family name but where was it coming from ? She turned around , there was no one here except herself and Roro . 
 
Yu…..
 
The person sounded like a man . His voice croaked , Faye shook her head . She must be tired , she thought and suddenly watched Roro jump up . “ Hey…Faye ..Doesn’t that temple look weird ?” Faye looked up and got up , she saw bluish lights coming out but there was nothing there . She walked towards It , getting closer and closer until she felt a pull . Her feet was sliding onto the grass and she was heading to the bluish lights , she grabbed onto the first thing that was next to her . Her luggage . Shoot…This stupid thing isn’t going to help me , she thought , she gulped . That’s it …my life’s over , she closed her eyes . “ HOLY MOTHER OF PANDA’S !” She heard Roro shout , she looked to her left , to see Roro running as fast as she can . “ YAH ! FAYE ! GET AWAY FROM THERE ! YAH ! IDIOT ! COME BACK ! CCCOOOOMEEEE BAAACCCCKKKK !” tears were coming out of Roro’s eyes as she watched her friend getting closer and closer to the weird blue lights . As she got closer , she grabbed onto her luggage , her bag was heavy so it could protect her , couldn’t it ? She ran towards Faye with her arm out . “ OI ! GRAB ONTO MY HAND ! GRAB ONTO IT ! I’LL PULL YOU BACK !” Faye looked at Roro’s hand and soon her eyes were filled with tears . Her friend was trying to save her..from what exactly ? They both don’t know . 
 
“ ROSE ! YAH ! NO !” She screamed , the wind was getting stronger , pulling her harder , Faye tried to keep her feet on the ground , she held onto her luggage as if it could save her . ‘”Don’t come closer ! Your going to get in !” Faye screamed with all her might , however Roro refused everything . She was not going to let her friend go into the blue thingymabob , even if it takes her life . Roro let herself get pushed by the wind as she grabbed onto her bed friends hand , together they got pulled into the blue lights and they’re sights were soon blurred . 
 
~
 
Faye felt something solid beneath them , Roro was beside her , her body curled up , she looked at her friend to see if she was breath and sighed in relief , she then noticed how weird the floor was . Marble ? Why were they on marble ? She then looked up , she saw gold everywhere , with red as well , she then saw an old man looking at her . What the … , she looked around , they’re were people surrounding her and Roro , she narrowed her eyes , why were they wearing hanfu’s ? Her eyes trailed to the one who was behind the old man . He was tall , with sharp cheekbones , wearing quite a very heavy hanfu …Shoot , she shook her head , I feel so sorry for him . Wait…she then widened her eyes , she noticed a lot more people . Why were there people staring at them as if they were a pack of elephants belly dancing ? 
 
“ W-who are you all ?” She managed to say , she moved an arm next to Roro for protection . She looked around once again . Everyone was wearing hanfu’s..what did this mean ? She grabbed onto her head as an pretty women wearing silk like hanfu bent down in front of her . 
 
“ Please..Don’t pressurize yourself ,dear,” She whispered , so softly that Faye’s eyes started closing as her head hit the lady’s lap , all she could hear was gasps .
 
~
 
Kris watched as the red haired girl was still lying down , he turned to see his mother , on her lap , he gasped , was the girl with dark brown hair , her eyes were closed as if she was in pain . “ Mama…” Kris went next to his mother . “ What should we do ?” The Empress looked up at Kris with her eyes wide open . “ Mama ?” He bent down next to her , suddenly the Emperor grabbed Kris with his arm and pulled the young boy back . 
 
“ Let her be,” He said , He then turned to look at the servants , “ Carry these girls into extra rooms , they will wake up in a few seconds,” The Servants nodded and carried the girls outside the Hall . The Empress got up , with a faint nod to the Emperor then left with the maids and the lady of the house . Kris looked at his father . What was going on ? He thought , he turned to meet Luhan’s eyes , who was equally shocked . “ Boys,” The Emperor boomed . “ Huang Taizi’s destined partner will be announced shortly,” he then looked up with a gloomy face . “ this is the first time , 2 girls have come , we need to assess the situation,” With a nod , he left the room . 
 
The room was quiet , with a few guards and with Exo-M still looking at the gate . Tao got up and pointed at the once lighted gate . “ This did just light up…didn’t it ?” He asked , the boy around him nodded , “ T-those..2 girls..with weird clothes came out of here…didn’t they ?” They nodded again . The Priest got up with the book, he then turned around to leave , they watched him go and all turned to Kris . 
 
“ So…one of those girls will marry you..” Xuimin patted Kris’s arm , He looked at the other boys for support . Luhan shook his head , Tao hid behind Chen even though he can still be seen . Lay sighed and looked away . “ They seem decent enough , you know ?” Kris rubbed his temples in annoyance . 
 
The boys walked to the garden and watched the sun , the flowers..tree’s..the pond..complete serenity until the same girl with the red hair came out . “ Yah ! Really ? We have to wear these things on the head ?!” She grumbled , the boys turned to her and one by one , they’re jaws dropped . She was wearing a lime green coloured hanfu , making her look…better than before , Kris nodded . “ erts !” She pointed towards them and walked towards them , she put her hands on her hips . “ I don’t know how this all happened ! I don’t know why I am here ! I don’t even know you !” She moved her hands in the air , Luhan hid his smirk , she was so animated . “ Arrghhh ! What is my Baba going to say ?” She gasped and covered , The boys looked at each other . “ If I get in trouble because of my Baba because of this..” Her face strained and she looked around . “ Alright , Dude…The lanky one,” She pointed at Kris . He looked back at her with his eyebrows shot up high . “ Huh ? Your showing me attitude ? BRING IT ON !” She did the same look as him but this time with an evil smirk . Kris rolled his eyes and she did the same . 
 
 
“ Listen…” Kris growled , looking at the girl up and down . “ Peasant…” The girl gasped and covered . Bastard , if you were in my area , you would’ve got hit in the balls ! She thought with a smirk . “ Don’t act like you own this country , Your just some strange creature from god knows where ,” He shook his head at her . 
 
“ Don’t speak to her like you know her,” they hear a more feminine voice say calmly , All 7 of them turned around to see the girl with the darker hair. She was wearing a baby pink hanfu in it’s most simplest forms . Yet , she looked stunning . Kris shook his head , No , Beauty doesn’t matter right now  . The it hit him , she talked back to him . He turned to see her walk towards them with a poker face , nothing like her animated friend . She totally ignored Kris and turned to her friend . “ Are you alright ?” The red haired girl nodded with a soft smile , completely different than before . “ Good , I was really worried,” the darker haired girl sighed out of relief . 
 
“ Sure , doesn’t look like it ,” Kris whispered , the girl turned to fast , that her hair smacked him on the face , he looked at her with a glare , her eyebrows shot up and she smirked slowly . Wow , Chen looked at the girl and Kris , they are so alike . “ What ? You think you can talk to the Huang Taizi like that ?” 
 
“ I wasn’t talking to you , Lanky Prince ,” She rolled her eyes . She looked around the place ,it was like a scene from a book . She moved away from the boys . “ No Pollution,” She whispered as she breathed in the calm and fresh air . “ Just…Angelic,” she smiled softly  and turned to her friend . Wowza , Tao gasped , she ..has..a..beautiful..smile . He noticed he was the only one who saw it and looked up to the sky , I will always treasure it , he thought dramatically . Kris rolled his eyes . 
 
“ I see your so poor in the other place where you came from , that you haven’t even breathed in fresh air,” Kris smirked slowly and looked away , until he felt a huge smack on his ribs ,he saw Lay there , his hands motionless but he was nodding behind Kris . Kris straightened up as he saw his Mother coming down . “ Mama..” He bowed , one by one , everyone bowed ,even the 2 weird creatures . 
 
The Empress walked past the boys and looked at the girls with a smile . “ I’m sorry about the inconvenience , my dears,” The girls nodded , still looking down . “ You both are very confused , are you not ?” The red haired girl nodded her head even faster , Xiumin had to stop himself from laughing his head off . “ Can I just say ..you both look beautiful ,” The Empress laughed softly as she watched the red haired girl wave her hand around , Kris looked at his mother , she seems so happy . He looked back down quickly with a smile , when Mama is happy , I’m happy . The girl with darker hair bowed towards the Empress . “ I shall speak to you both about what is going on , please bring your luggage’s and EXO-M , Come along ,we shall talk in the Hall,” Chen looked at the Empress , How does she know what ‘luggage’s’ is ? He shook his head and followed the Empress after the girls . 
 
Once they got into the huge Hall with seats in either side , the Empress sat in the middle , Followed by Kris , Lay , Chen , the darker haired girl , the red haired girl , Luhan , Tao and Xiumin . The Empress breathed in . “ Girls , Have you heard of the Story about the Prince and the Book of Fate ?” everyone looked at the red haired girl who nodded her head slowly and then at the girl with darker hair , who nodded her head . “ Would you tell me the story you heard ?” 
 
“ The Prince and the book of Fate,” The Darker haired girl looked at the Empress . “ The Chinese Royal Family had always found their spouse through the Book of Fate , However the Huang Taizi Wu Yi Fan,” Kris eyes widened as he leaned forward to look at the darker haired girl . “ fate was different , instead of 1 girl being shown , 2 girls were shown ,” She closed her eyes as if she had recited the story . “ The next Empress was found out after finding out her name..the story was told to tell everyone that love has no boundaries ,” she opened her eyes . “ but the thing is,” She looked at her friend and then faced the Empress . “ The story was never finished…” The Empress smiled at the girls . 
 
“ At the end , Do you remember , I believe you girls must’ve been quite young then,” The Empress stood up . “ At the end of the book , it said ‘ Tomorrow is a mystery’,” the boys looked at the 2 girls as they looked like they were on another world , slowly they nodded . “ The book of fate….” She turned around again . “ Has chosen one of you girls,” the girl darker hair looked at her friend and looked down , I don’t believe this , she thought .  The girl with red hair girl stood up . 
 
“ Are you saying that we ..time travelled from our time to this time ..?” She looked at the Empress . The Empress nodded , Kris looked at the girl with darker hair , she was looking down still , not even looking up for second , like she was in deep thought . “ I’m sorry..but I don’t believe you !” The girls voice raised , the boys leant back at the sudden shout , The Empress remained calm . “ Did we just get kidnapped ?” The other girl looked up , her eyes widened . “ Did we ? Just because our fathers are rich ! Just because we are girls ! Doesn’t mean you can use us ! We didn’t make the money ! Our Fathers did !” The younger girls voice was breaking . “ If you want money …I’ve got money ! Just let us go back home !” the darker haired girl stood up and held onto her friend . “ F-faye…” her friend whimpered . Faye…Kris looked at the darker haired girl..wait a moment , they were both rich girls ? ..He called a rich man’s daughter a peasant . He grumbled . 
 
The Empress looked at Faye , whose eyes were closed . “ I’m sorry for my friends sudden outburst,” Faye opened her eyes and looked at everyone one by one . “ Fortunately , for you all , I don’t think we were kidnapped..as you have given us proper clothes and this is the imperial palace,” She whispered as she looked around . “ So I cannot blame you for taking us away..But..I’m still confused,” The red haired girl calmed down and straightened up , looking away from everyone . “ If Roro and I …” She thought for a moment , Roro and I were in through a portal like thing so this place…so the story is true , her eyes widened , we are actually in ancient china , she looked at her friend . “ Roro…We’re not kidnapped,” She bent down next to her friend . “ Were in Ancient China…I mean , Look..” She quickly ran to her luggage and opened it up ,to bring up a really colourful book-like-thing . Luhan narrowed his eyes , the language was different as well . She flipped through the pages , “ The Royal Hall..” She murmured , “ Ah~Here !” She showed her friend the picture who gasped , “ Look ! This Is the Lanky prince !” She pointed at a picture of Kris , but when he was a bit more elder , his dark hair longer , Kris gasped at the sight of it , that book should be the book of fate  . “ Do you believe them now ?” Roro nodded slowly as Faye sighed out of relief , she turned to the Empress . “ We are truly sorry for being bothersome, your Majesty,” both of girls bowed and the Empress smiled . 
 
 
 
“ EXO-M , Leave . Now,” The Empress watched as the boys left the room , Why were we even here in the beginning , Tao grumbled . She turned to the girls . “ I know how you feel ..I was also welcomed to this time through the book of fate,” Faye’s eyes widened . “ It just happened , I had no idea what was going on , I was suddenly in,” She shook her head . “ I was scared , because I knew no one , they weren’t really helpful , as I had come 23 years earlier then the both of you ,”She smiled softly . “ I came from the year 2013,” The girls gasped . “ I know you girls did as well , I’ve seen many of your fathers business posters up and I remember , when the both of you were born there was huge celebrations going on !” Roro smiled at the women and then her eyes widened . “ I know who you girls are , I’d have to be shot if I didn’t,” The Empress laughed . “ You,” she turned to the red haired girl . “ Your name is Rose Bao , Right ?” Rose nodded her head , Completely amazed , that the Empress knew her . The Empress then turned to Faye . “ Well , your friend did kind of ruin it , when she blurted your name out,” Rose blushed . “ Faye Yu ?” Faye nodded her head , mesmerized by the beautiful Empress . “ I would , like too , very much , about what is going to happen , but I shall tell you tomorrow, you are already tired to please do go to your bedroom ,” The Empress called in 2 maids . “ Please show Rose to her room,” The shorter maid nodded and took Rose away , Rose waving her hand as she left the room . “ Now , Please do take Faye to her room,” The Empress said really slowly , the maid nodded with a spark in her eye , but Faye was too tired to notice . 
 
The maid took Faye thought many rooms , whilst holding onto Faye’s hand , they both ended up in a really huge room , “ Your grace ,” the Maid bowed . “ Your Chamber is here ,” She then pointed to another room , “ This is your room,” She bowed again and then left. Faye looked around , Wow , all this to myself..and for free ? She smirked and headed and went into her room. The furniture was dark brown  , with the bed looking comfy and everything , Faye thought about jumping into it when she noticed there was those sliding doors , She slid it open to see a bigger room than hers , it was crested with gold all over . Wow . Is this room given to me , as well ? She smiled as  hopped into it . Ahh~So Comfy.. 
 
 
“ WHAT-” She heard a roar and instantly jumped up , rubbing her eyes , there she saw him . The Lanky prince . “ ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM ?” He raised his hands up like he was going through some electric shock . Faye sat there for a while . 
 
My Room…He said , she sighed…MY Room….HIS ROOM. MOTHER OF PANDA’S ! She jumped up and smacked her head onto the roof of the bed . “ OUCCCHHHH !” She moaned , as he rubbed her head . Kris only watched her . “ Yah ! Don’t you know how to Knock !” 
 
 
“ This is MY ROOM !” He shouted , he strode towards her with an angry face , Faye tried to cover her face with the quilt but he snatched out of her arm . Wait…If she is in my chamber…then that means..she is going to be my..wife . His eyes widened . “ You should be in your own bedroom !” Faye got ff the bed with a stretch . 
 
“ Yah ! That maid brought me here ! She said this is my bedroom !” She folded her arms , and looked around the bedroom . Kris just looked at her , Doesn’t she know ? “ Yah ! Lanky Prince ! Stop staring at me !” Kris snapped then . 
 
“ Do you even know why you’re here ?” He shouted , her eyes widened and she shook her head . He ruffled his hair , “ Arh !” he groaned and sat on his bed , “ Your in my chamber ! Your bedroom is next door mine ! You want to know why ?” Faye nodded , completely naïve to her surrounding . Kris stood up again and walked towards her until he was just a mere centimetres away from her . “ Because , you’re my fiancée” Kris smirked . 
 
“ What….” Faye looked at him closely . The story of the Prince and the book of fates went through her head , The moment when she heard the old man calling her surname rushed through her head . It all made sense . She was the chosen fiancée made by the book of fate . 
 
What…is..going…to…happen…to…me ? 
 
 
~
 
Hey guys ! Sorry ! I posted soooo late ! It took me ages ! But i hope you guys enjoyed it ! I actually take a very long time writing so thats why ! But..overall ..did you like it ? Please do comment ! I actually want to read some ! It'll make me more determined to do the next chapter !! 
 
Thanks for all your suppor t! 
 
- Author-nim