Betrayal , I suppose ?

A Royal Fantasy (On Hiatus)
Chapter 9 : Betrayal , I suppose ? 
 
Faye POV 
 
I watched as Kris left the room . I dropped to the ground , trying to hold onto my tears , I never really liked crying in front of people , I don’t know why , I just don’t want to be seen as a weak person . I breathed in roughly as I tried to swallow down the sobs trying to come out . I looked at the hair pins . “ Mama…” I whispered , “ I’m really sorry for being a bad daughter…” I ruffled my hair as I looked the room , due to the fire , the bed was burned and quite rough looking . The walls decorations were peeling off . It was a disaster . I don’t want to go and bother anyone , I feel like I have been already doing that . I sat upright , wiping the tears that are begging to fall down . 
 
What makes me even more sad is that…I’m never comforted . Even when I was younger . 
 
*Flashback - 3 years ago*
 
I had just graduated my high school back in the UK . My Parents were obviously in China , so no one had come for me . No one . Even Roro’s Baba came , even though he had tons of meetings , he still made it to her graduation day . Except my parents . 
 
I remember , waiting for my name to be called when I had received a call . “ Faye , Gong Zhu *Princess*,” I heard my mothers sweet voice . “ Mama is very sorry for not being able to make it,” I breathed in . “ When you get up to get your certificate , Smile , My dear ,” her voice dropped . “ Just for Mama , Smile,” I did what I was told to do . 
 
I went up the stage , received my certificate and smiled . But what was the point ? No one was there for me ..No one . 
 
After a few hours , I received no call from Home so I called home . The line was picked up by my older brother . “ F-Faye…” He whispered . “ She’s Gone , Faye ,”
 
~
 
I blinked . Once . Twice . Why did I think about that ? I got up , realizing I was still wearing my outer wear , Kris’s candles were blown off . I sighed as I let my hair out , it hurts having your hair in a bun . Anyway , I can make my own bed . Like what I did with Kris ! I knocked on his door , just to hear him groan . I opened it , I’m just going to be taking a pillow and a blanket . Nothings going to happen . I tip-toed in , “ah~” I gasped , Kris arm heaved up , I heard him giggling . I tilted my head to get a better view of him . He looked so happy so I went beside him . Was he ill ? “ Kris ?” I whispered . 
 
“ Mei…” He sighed , Mei ? As in Mei Mei *Little Sister* ? Kris doesn’t have a sister though . “ Kang Mei…Wo Ai Ni…” I stepped back . Kris was in love ? With another women ? I stepped back again , until I was back in my own room . I don’t know why , but I felt upset . Betrayed . There he was being so nice to me , I was actually thinking were getting in a good start . I actually did . I put on my cloak and walked out of our chamber . 
 
Ha…Our Chamber..I don’t even think I should share it with him . Why am I even here ? I will just destroy Kris’s love life , wont I ? “ Faye ?” I looked up . Lay . He ran towards me , I breathed in . “ Faye , Are you okay ?” I looked up to met his eye . He looked so concerned , so caring , like he was inviting me in . There you go , My eras were already coming right out . That was the first time ever I have cried in front of everyone . I put my arms around him and buried my face against his chest . “ F-Faye ?” I felt his warm arms go around me . “ What’s wrong ?” His voice sounded panicky . I sobbed . I couldn’t hold back . Not anymore . I can’t . I’ve gone weak . Me . Faye . Has gone Weak . 
 
“ Lay…” I cried . “ I can’t do it anymore…”I breathed in .“ I give up …I give up…” My eyes felt heavy and I could still hear Lay calling for me . Wouldn’t it better if I was just gone from the world? I’m a nuisance . I keep on bringing problems . I keep on doing that .  I should’ve died , instead of Mama.
 
 
Kris POV 
 
I give up . I can never help that girl . She never wants any help . Gosh . I rubbed my head as I tried falling asleep . Can’t believe I have to marry a girl like her . I closed my eyes . My Lovely Mei is back . My life is now okay . I smiled as I was welcomed into paradise . 
 
~
 
I heard sobbing , I opened my eyes , who was crying ? I wasn’t in my bedroom anymore . I was in another house .it was all to foreign . I looked around the field , I’ve been here . When I tried looking into Faye’s mind , I was brought here . I stepped into the house to see the same little girl . But ..she looked even more older . She wasn’t facing me , she was facing this portrait . “ Mama…” She cried . I looked at the portrait . There stood a happy family of 5 . A Beautiful women in her early thirties was sitting down, beside her was a quite good-looking man , the same age as her. Behind them was a boy , maybe around 19 , was smiling at the camera . On the floor was another young girl , she had the same beauty as her mother , smiling with her eyes . Next to the boy was the youngest of all , I suppose . The girl . My girl . The one I used to talk too . She was holding onto her brothers hand and smiling . “ Mama…” I looked back down at the girl , leaning on the floor , crying . “ Why…Why..” She sniffed . “ I got an award , Mama…I turned into a women . Didn’t you want to see me graduate ?” I sat behind the girl , watching her breath roughly . “ didn’t you want to see me get married later on ? You said that if my Husband was ever mean to me , you would kick him on the ball with your high heels !” I smiled , What a feisty mother, but why was the girl crying ? “ Whose going to do that now , eh ? Who ?” my smile faded . “ Baba doesn’t talk to me anymore ! Gege is back in China . JieJie is back in China . Now your gone…” Did her mother…. “ Why’d you go to the heavens ? Why’d you leave me ? You were the only one there for me !” The girl was panting now . “ I haven’t seen you for 10 years ! 10 YEARS ! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR YOUNGER DAUGHTER !” The girl screamed . “ Baba…was right…He was…” The girl laughed bitterly . “ It should’ve been me…I should’ve died…Mama would’ve been fine…everyone would’ve been happy..everyone..”
 
I turned to see a door opening , a maid came in with a tray of food . “ Miss ,” She bowed . “ You haven’t eaten …Please Eat , Your Mama would’ve wanted that-” The girl tensed up and shook her head . “ Please , Please don’t do this to yourself !” the young girl wiped her tears . “ Miss, have you been crying ?” I stood up as the maid ran to the girl , patting her back . “ Be strong ! Please ! Have faith !” tears came out my eyes unconsciously , I felt my body getting heavy and my vision blurred . 
 
I rubbed my eyes and woke up. Why can I never see how the girl looks ? Why can’t I speak to her anymore ? I ruffled my hair as I headed to have a bath . After washing myself , I went into Faye’s room . Where did she go ? She didn’t even come to me..Did she go to Roro ? I opened the door to her room . My eyes widened . I saw a pillow on the floor with a blanket over it . Did she sleep on the floor all night ? “ Faye ?” I looked around her room . Everything looked so neat , so It’s pretty obvious ,she wasn’t here last night . I went to Roro’s room and knocked on her door . “ Roro ,” the door opened , there stood Roro , tired , rubbing her eyes . “ Is Faye with you ?” I asked . 
 
“ Yah ! You’re her fiancé , you should know where she is !” Roro grumbled , she stretched her arms and gave me a dirt . “ My Best friend is going to marry someone like..you,” She twitched and looked away . “ Anyway , get out of here , Men are not allowed to see girls like this , remember ?” She smirked and shut the door on my face. My mouth was hanging open . Then where is she ? 
 
I ruffled my hair to go and have breakfast with my parents , I have been missing it for a long time . I walked over to dining room . “ Faye..” I gasped , she was sitting down on the floor , talking to my mother . Father was no where in sight . “ Yah ! Where were you ?” Faye looked up to meet my eyes , there was something off about her , her eyes were swollen . It was as if she had noticed me staring at her that she turned away quickly . “  Why don’t you answer me ?” I asked , as I sat beside her , getting my chop sticks . 
 
“ Kris ,” My mother eyed me and smiled at Faye . What a change of personality (!) . “ Faye, I was looking for you yesterday , where we you , dear ?” Faye smiled at my mother as Mother held her hands . “ I would want to know where my darling is,” Darling ? I choked on my water . What on earth was going on ? 
 
“ I’m really sorry , Your highness,” Faye bowed . “ I went out into the village,” My mother didn’t look fazed at all . “ You know how 2013 is , you never really get to see villages like this,” my mother laughed knowingly . Faye turned to me , then looked away . Here goes the awkward moment
 
“ Faye , Kris,” My mother nodded to us . “ I’m going to go now , Your father will be needing me ,” She then smiled at the both of us . “ Eat all you want ,” And then she left . 
 
I looked at my food . I don’t know why ..but I have the right to know where she was yesterday night…right ? I mean , I’m her fiancé …I need to know where she is ..It’s not because of anything else . I breathed in . “ Faye , Where were you last night ?” Faye stood up . “ Faye ?” I put my food on the table and stood up wit her . “ Slowly , Your pissing me off,” I growled . Her back was facing me . “ I’m trying to be kind to you ! I’m trying , so much !” I went towards her an turned her around to face me . I didn’t care that she crying . Her face was making me angry . “ DO YOU THINK I WANT TO BE KIND TO YOU ?” I shouted , she stepped back . “ DO YOU THINK I EVEN WANT TO MARRY YOU ? HUH ?” I chuckled . “ People always tell me to look after you ! They’re always telling me off ! I’m getting sick of it !Why don’t you just return back to your time !” I pushed her away from me . 
 
Faye looked at me in the eyes , . What did I just do ? “ Don’t you think I want to leave ?” She whispered . “ Do you think I want to stay here with you , huh ?” She sighed , looking away from me . “ Has anybody asked me once , how I felt ? Has anyone ?” She turned to me , her eyes blazing . It was time for me to step back . “ I was pulled into the mess ! YOUR MESS ! ME !” She smiled sadly . “ I could’ve been living happily with my family ! With my Baba ! With my Gege ! with my JieJie !” She then shrugged . “ But I can’t , Because of you !” She poked me on the arm . “ Stop blaming everything on me ! I was just pulled into this mess !” She then left the room . 
 
“ What she say’s is true ,” I turned to the window to see Tao coming with a bowl full of fruits . “ She was dragged into this mess , she didn’t ask for it ,Gege,” I sat back down . “ You know what I think ?” I was about tell him to shut when he said the most sensible thing …well..according to Tao , for the first time . “ The reason why people were telling you to look after Faye was because she’s from another time . She wont know how Ancient China is …she wont know the customs , that’s why. They want you to help her fit in , I mean , I know for sure , even though Faye is beautiful and Intelligent , she has a weakness and many people would use that against here…” I ruffled my hair . “ I know it’s tough , but you gotta stop doing that to your hair , you’ll become bold , before you know it ,” I started laughing with Tao joining in . “ Now , Uhhmm…Mei is here to see you again,” My eyes widened . She’s back ? 
 
~
 
Faye POV 
 
Who the hell does he think he is to shout at me ? I walked to the garden with my head down to be welcomed in with a huge hug . “ FAYE !” Xiumin giggled , I smiled at him and sat down on the bench . Xiumin taking the right and I took the left . “ I heard you brought hair pins ,” I nodded . “ Che..One is for me , isn’t it ? I mean , look at me ! B-E-A-U-Ti-F-U-L !” I chuckled suddenly he zoomed up into my face . “ Faye , were you crying ?” I shook my head . “ Yah ! Did that bastard make you cry ?” I shook my head . “ Don’t lie Faye , Gosh,” Xiumin leaned back , he patted my hand softly . “ Can I tell you something , Faye ?” I nodded . “ As my little sister ?” I smiled warmly at his words and nodded . “ That bastard likes a girl,” I nodded , I already knew , there is  no point in being dramatic . He turned to me , amazed that I didn’t react . “ You already knew …didn’t you ?” I sighed and nodded , “ How ?” I told him everything . Xiumin breathed out roughly and pulled me into a hug , actually making me stay like that as well . “ That idiot !” 
 
“ His not the idiot , Gege,” Xiumin looked at me , shocked . “ It’s not a crime to fall in love,” I sighed as I leaned back . “ I don’t think he knew about his Wai Gong’s ideas …Poor Guy,” I whispered . 
 
“ No ,” Xiumin shook his head . “ That bastard should be killed off ,” I chuckled at Xiumin and patted his hand . 
 
~
 
“ WHAT !?” Lay shouted at me , I shrugged , I was used to Lay’s sudden personality change . “ YOUR GOING TO WHAT ?!” I smiled cheekily up to him . “ There’s no need for you to do that ! He should be the one to do it !” I opened my mouth . “ No ! You are NOT making him a cake !” I pouted , I was never like this . I mean never . Gosh , does Ancient China change you . “ Faye , It’s not going to work~” Lay looked away . I sighed and turned away . “ Are you seriously , not going to be talking to me ?” I pretended I didn’t hear him . “ Yah~Are you really going to be doing this ?” I heard Lay mutter . “ Okay , Fine,” I turned to him with a smile on my face . I guess , our relationship changed after he saw me cry , I mean , I can open up to him a lot more now . Both of us headed to the kitchen , begging the kitchen staff to help us . Finally they agreed and Lay and I set to work . 
 
“ FAYE ! That’s TOO MUCH FLOUR !” I heard lay scream , I sighed as took some out . “ Phew~” Lay wiped his imaginary sweat and set to work by mixing everything . “ I don’t know how you made cakes in your time , but let’s just stick with the Ancient Chinese recipe , okay ?” I nodded , solemnly . 
 
After 2 hours of baking and pain . We were done . Lay and I did this little happy dance *Which included us smacking each others hands and dancing around with one leg* , the staff just stared at us so we coughed and straightened up . “ Let’s pretend we never did that,” I whispered to Lay , who nodded as he helped me carry the cake to drawing room . I had written ‘KRIS’ down in English with strawberries for him . I hope he likes it . I’m only doing this for Kris because ..he was right , even though he hates me , he saved me a lot , he was there for me . He did a lot , saved my from the fire and the erted Professor Snapes . Yet, I didn’t do anything . At least , he’ll enjoy the cake . The guards opened the door . I smiled up at Lay before the both of  us headed in . Lay was in front of me but froze straight away , “ Lay , You okay ?” I patted his shoulder and followed his gaze . There , in the middle of the room , was a half women from the looks of it . She was pretty …like..stunningly beautiful but..with that amount of skin showing . It takes you away from the beauty and right beside her was …Kris . I felt my breath get caught up . He had an arm around her but now moved away . So , this must be ..Kang Mei . Kris looked at me with wide eyes . “ Oh , Sorry for disturbing the both of you,” I bowed down but got straighten up by Luhan , who came into the room with Roro . 
 
“ Ah , Faye ,” Luhan smiled at me , but soon faded as he saw Mei and Kris . “ Oh , Mei , meet Kris’s Fiancé ,Faye ,” Mei stood up and gave me a tiny smirk before bowing . …That smirk is like totally..scary . I mean , I can’t tell you how scary is it ,.but pretty scary for that face of her’s . 
 
“ Nice to meet you,” Mei walked over to me , “ Ah …Did you make us Cake ?” She asked , I looked at Lay who pulled away the cake . “ It looks really nice ? Can I taste it ?” I was about to hand her one when Lay snatched the plate of me . 
 
“ Who are those cakes for ?” Kris walked over , looking at the cakes with a smile on . “ It looks delicious,” Well…it was for you but that witch like e is with you  so I’ll just feed it to the horses ,I thought to myself . …Kris can hear my thoughts right ? OHMYGAWD..imagine if he heard that , gotta block my mind and thoughts . “ Faye ?” Kris leaned in . 
 
“ Uhh..Well it was for Y-” Lay started laughing like a wild boar . I looked at him . Lay and his 4D personality . 
 
“ For me ,” Lay smiled at Kris . “ You know , because I healed her a couple of times so Faye wanted to cook for me to show her gratitude ,” Kris looked down and nodded . 
 
“ What ? I’m pretty sure that say’s Kr-” Roro opened . 
 
“ Uh- No !” Lay glared at Roro , telling her to shut up . “ Faye wrote it down in English , it say’s ‘ Lay’,” I held onto my laugh . He was trying so hard , it was quite touching . “ Right , Faye ?” I nodded , slowly , he didn’t want Kris to know . So sweet of Lay . “ I’m going to eat these with the others !” He giggled as he took the tray from my hand and started running out . Kris stepped forwards to come out with us . “ Ah~Gege , you wouldn’t want to leave Lady Kang ,would you ?” Lay smirked as I got pulled out by Roro . As we walked out we all started laughing out loud . 
 
“ Whoa ! LAY !” Roro started smacking Lay on the back . “ Your like a Hero !” Lay blushed crimson red before he turned back to his normal self , the quiet and reserved Lay . “ You proper saved Faye then !” Then her face twisted a well sat down on the grass , waiting for the Exo-M members to come . “ But…Why did you make the cake ?” I opened my mouth again . “ It’s quite obvious that was for him…” She whispered the last part . 
 
“ Forget about that bastard,” Luhan shouted out loud , stuffing the cake into his face . “ Wow! This is pretty good !” Lay and I smiled at each other . “ It tastes …really different though…” Yeah..Lay and I just stuffed anything that looked nice into the pot to mix . What can I say ? Were Young ? 
 
Soon after , all the boys came and had all stuffed in the cakes , saying how delicious it was . I sighed out of content ,  this sort of reminds me of how my life was back in the modern time . Before I knew it , everyone had left to bed and I soon followed . 
 
I don’t know why , but all this felt ..to good . A Tad bit too much . I walked to my room to see Kris lying down onto my bed again . “ The Bed is burnt , Kris,” I muttered as I untied my hair as I looked in the mirror . I heard him chuckle and turned to him . 
 
“ So , you remember you have a fiancé now ?” He leaned on one elbow and looked at me intently . I sighed , why is he getting like this ? He was that was with another girl . I rolled my eyes and took of my earrings . “ Yah ! Did you finish all the cakes ?” I nodded . “ You didn’t even keep one for me ?” I smirked , was he getting jealous ? I shook my head again . “ How comes you cooked for Lay and not me ?” 
 
I sat on the bed and shrugged . “ His a good person,” Kris just looked at me . “ Now , Leave,” I pointed towards the door . He shook his head . “ Kris , I mean it , I’m really tired-”
 
“ You smile a lot when your with Lay,” It wasn’t a question , it was more of an statement . I looked at Kris right in the eye . “ You laugh with him…” He then smirked . “ It’s quite sad..when you think about it…” I tilted my head . “ You think you know a lot Faye..You really don’t,” I ignored Kris . “ You think everyone likes you…” he chuckled . “ You’ll be surprised to know the truth,” He stood up . “ They’re only treating you well because you’re the next empress , Cause your going to be my wife..if you weren’t going to be my wife ,” He flicked my forehead . “ I guess , your life here would’ve been hell,” 
 
What ? I only watched as Kris’s went to his room . Were they all only being nice to me because I’m Kris’s Fiance ? It does make sense as I came without warning but..it hurts . I closed my eyes . I  wasn’t Faye anymore , not the Faye people knew me to be . I used to cold.. I never used to laugh . All because of them , it’s breaking . 
 
I trusted them….But how can I trust Kris’s words ? 
 
 
~
 
Kris POV 
 
How could she be so damn stupid ? They don’t like her . They even told me . The whole pack of them are only acting . Che , She thinks she can be free now . I sat on my bed . I remember our first discussion at night , when Faye and Roro had arrived . 
 
*Flashback to 4 days ago*
 
All of us were sitting down in the Royal Cherry Blossom Garden , chatting about the girls sudden arrival . “ How can they just appear like that ?” Chen asked , he threw rocks into the pond , slowly , as if making a little beat with every ‘plop’ . “ Did you see the way they were treating you ?!” I nodded . They were so rude , even though they knew I was the Huang Taizi . Who speaks to the Huang Taizi like that ? 
 
“ No offence , though,” Xiumin stuffed some bread into his mouth . “ But that Faye girl …She looks really rude,” I nodded , she had this sort of ‘dark’ aura around her , that I didn’t like . “ She didn’t smile once …Kind of freaky,” 
 
“ S-she did-” Tao opened his mouth but one glare from Luhan shut him up . I wonder what the la was thinking , I mean , I’d like to know but I don’t have the sufficient energy needed to read his mind . “ What do you plan on doing , Gege ?” 
 
I smirked . “ How about we play a little game ?” I asked , the boys looked at me , with tiny smiles . “ It’s been a long time since we’ve had fun in the palace,” I clapped my hands . 
 
But what I didn’t notice was Lay . He wasn’t sitting with us , more like sitting right beside the pond which was further across the hill . He looked at me and then looked away . “ Yah- You going to join in ?” Luhan shouted across the field . Lay just looked away and started reading a book .  “ He’ll join in , I know he’s going too,” we all smiled at each other . 
 
This was going to be so fun ..
 
*present time*
 
But I don’t know why…playing with someone’s heart when they didn’t do anything..playing with someone’s heart because we’re all bored . 
 
Heck , when did I become to bloody soft ? Damn , Kris , Control yourself . 
 
 
 
 
A/N : *Cough* Hey guys , i got this Fan Fic revewied and it came out pretty well !! Thank you Akward Turtles for the Fantastic reveiw and i shall be using it ..so i can you know , improve the story . If you actually bothered to check the reveiw , here ya go~ But if your not bothered then oh ..Well *Shruggs*
 
Thank you for your comments and i got more upvotes ! *Dances like a doof* So yeah.. I'm going to thank you guys again but later on...maybe when I'm actually bothered ..you see...it's really late here in London now and i look like a zombie so..yeah -__- But hey , Summer Holidays start in a week times so I'll be freeeeeeee~
 
Keke~ Uhhmm...since i can't be asked to thank you guys..I'll do a funny spam..just cause i feel like it *Smirks* 
HERE WE GOOOO~ 
Am i mean for laughing at this ?? XD 
 
OH GOOD LORD :'D 
 
2 Things i love...merged together...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OH GOSH~THIS FANDOM :'D 
 
 
Byyeeeee GUYS ! Off to sleep now !! <3