I trust you

A Royal Fantasy (On Hiatus)
Chapter 22 : I trust you ...
 
Faye POV 
 
I watched as Kris fell asleep on the chair , he was still holding onto my hand , when I had told him to stay in . He acts like a complete sometimes but then..there are times when he is the most sweetest person in the world . I watched as the deep scowl was lifted off his face to be replaced with a sweet angelic face . He seemed like he was a at peace ..While I was not . I knew he was there . I knew Kai was there . Funny thing is…he doesn’t know I doubt him . 
 
He clearly told me his Korean and has been sent for the Royal Family…But why was he sent directly to the inn ? How did he even know we were at the inn ? How did he get hurt like that ? And how comes he has powers ? I sat up straight . This doesn’t make sense at all . Well ..in a way it does but what shocks me is that..I notice this now . I don’t know who he actually is..but his name rings a bell . 
 
I turned back to the window . He was standing there ..bloody hell..do these Ancient people not know of shadows ? Good Grief…I need to get closer to Kai . I need to know him more…I just need to see what he’s doing . “ This is so hard…” I sighed softly . 
 
“ Faye ?” I heard a groan , Kris’s hands tightened around mine , I turned to see him looking at me ..well..trying to keep himself awake that is . “ ..Weren’t..you..asleep ?” I nodded . “ Are you okay ?” He suddenly sat up straight . “ Your fever’s not back is it ?” I shook my head . “ Are you thirsty ? Should I got and get you water ? Wait ! Do you want me to get you hot water ?..Do they even have Hot water here ?” Kris suddenly started blabbering on . 
 
“ Oh..Shut up…” I groaned , “ When did you turn into a nagging mother ?” I had to hold onto my smile as I watched his face displaying many…and I mean many…facial expressions . 
 
“ What?” He let go of my hand . “ Che~I’m just here so you can be there at the engagement !” 
 
“ Yeah…sure..” I sighed , looking out the window . Why was everything so messed up here ? The government doesn’t even do anything … I looked around the house , even though the owner of this house was in a respectable position at the palace..she literally has nothing . 
 
“ Faye…aren’t you tired ?” Kris moaned , “ Go to sleep..I’m tired !” He started shuffling around , I ignored him when I suddenly noticed that he had jumped onto the bed with a smirk . I turned to him with my eyes wide open . 
 
“ W-what do you think your doing ?” 
 
“ Oh…Well..Laying down on the bed…” 
 
“ on MY bed…” 
 
“ Whoa..Whoa..Whoa..Faye when did you start using lables ?” Kris pretended to back away . “ Anyway , you can’t expect the future Emperor of China sleeping on a chair..I mean , Wow…People would expect me to bow to them just to get their respect or something-” 
 
“ Fine,” I got up , “ I’ll sleep on the chair-”
 
“ NO !” I felt a hand on my wrist …with Kris half on the floor yet half on the bed . Kris..You idoit . “ Just sleep here…” He patted the space beside him . “ Next to me…” He then smiled . “ We are going to be married , It’s better to be used to this-”
 
“ When we get married , we’ll be getting separate rooms like your parents,” I stated . Kris just stared at me , his eyes wide open along with his mouth . “ Dude,” I shut his mouth for him . “ I don’t mind sleeping on the chair , it’s nothing much,” I was about to walk away when I got pulled back onto the bed . I repeat , pulled . My back hit the soft mattress with Kris towering over me . “ Uhh---Kris---”
 
“ We will not do that…” He was serious . His eyes were wide as they looked right into mine . “ We will not be like that…” He then ruffled his hair . “ Shall I be honest?” All I managed to do was nod . “..I’m scared…” Okay Faye…just hold it in . The Almighty Kris is scared ! OH MY LORD ! “ Don’t LAUGH !” Kris punched me on the arm playfully . “ It’s just that…You know that were being targeted right ?” I nodded , I know how he feels , he feels as though we can die any moment since were so far away from the bodyguards that can protect us . “ I don’t want to die…not yet…” I looked into those brown eyes . He was honestly so scared . You wouldn’t expect a big guy like him to be scared but over the month I’ve been here…Kris seems to have more to him than the jerk face he is known for . I lifted my hand up , touching his hair , ruffling it slowly , as if to comfort him . Kris leaned forwards , his eyes never leaving mine . Oh my god . Please don’t . Not now . Especially since were not in the Palace . 
 
“ Uh--Kris…” Suddenly I felt him fall on me , snoring . “Are you serious ?” I whispered , he was really tired , slowly , I laid him onto the bed and lay beside him . I’m not going to lie…I actually felt protected like this . Knowing that we have a traitor right in this house…scared me . I smiled softly at Kris , You make be a total pain the …but your always there for me…but you say otherwise . I sometimes think you…do like me . Should I think like that …or not ? Or are you going to break my heart to be with May? I pulled away from Kris ,who only moaned . He shouldn’t be doing this…especially since he has a lover . 
 
I got up and went to sit on the chair , I wouldn’t like it if my lover did this with another woman…so how would May like it ? I glanced back at Kris , I hate you for making me feel this way …Darn my good soul..
 
~
 
When I had awoken , avoiding Kris at all costs so I can talk to Kai , I was dragged to the kitchen with Ayi . “ Ayi…” I hissed , the elderly women still didn’t let go of my hand . “ Ayi…” I whined until she had shut the door properly with the table moved against the door . “ Ayi ?” I questioned , looking down at the women . 
 
She looked around again , “ It’s best if the both of you return back to the palace,” The women whispered , my eyes widened . Why ? Why do we have to return ? “ Please tell me you know…Wang Fei…” I shook my head slightly . The women sighed as she looked around again . 
 
“ What is it ?” I asked sincerely . 
 
“ You should know…your going to be his wife…” 
 
It’s about Kris ? I leaned in further . 
 
“ It’s his birthday…” 
 
Damn..I did not see this coming . 
 
~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kris POV 
 
I opened my eyes and looked to my right instantly wanting to feel her soft hair , wanting to feel her warmth near me . But she was no where . I got up and ruffled my hair , looking around , everything was neat , like she had tided up before she went wherever she had gone . I quickly got up and washed up , rushing to wear my clean hanfu , I ran out . I want to speak to her . I only found her 2 days ago and the decent conversation we had was last night . 
 
I walked on , still thinking about what I’m going to tell her . “ Whoa~Whoa~” I heard a gasp . I felt a body bump into me , and looked down to see the body I hate on the floor . I just looked at him watching him trying to burn me with those eyes of his . “ Can’t you see where your going ?” He finally roared as he got up and dusted himself off . 
 
“ Sadly , Your not worth looking at”I sighed , shaking my head at him . 
 
“ Wha-” Kai gasped , looking around , “ Listen , Just because you’re the Prince or whatever , does not mean you can treat people badly !” I tilted my head . 
 
“ I just did so ,” I Shrugged , walked past him as I intentionally let my shoulder bump into his , making him stumble back . “ Damn , now I’ve got some dirt on me ,” I smirked as I wiped off the ‘dirt’ I got of Kai. Beside me , I could feel Kai tense up . 
 
“ That’s low,” I heard a voice . I smirked as I about to reply , that is after I had realized who had said that . A feminine voice . Faye’s . I turned around instantly , her cold eyes were back , looking at me with some fierceness I had once adored and now feared . She shook her head at me , “ I can’t believe you’d treat someone like that,” I was about to reply when she turned around abruptly , clearing ignoring me . “ Kai,” She looked up at Kai , “ Sorry for this rude giant , Are you okay ?” Kai looked down at her with a soft smile and nodded . Who the F*** is he to look at her like that ? I chuckled slowly . “ What ?” 
 
“ Oh nothing,” I shrugged . 
 
“ Really now ?” Kai whispered , loud enough for me to hear , I turned to him and stared at him dead in the eye . I rolled my eyes at him . “ Oh , Your highness…do you want to say something ?” 
 
I turned away from them , “ I want you to go away…” I whispered , walking away from Kai and Faye . I remembered what Faye and I had talked about yesterday..maybe that made me feel a bit uncomfortable there . I walked into the room which was once occupied by me a few moments ago . She can’t know about the incident…if she finds out then she would look at the Chinese family differently …she’ll look at me differently . I don’t want her to go away from me…I want her right beside me so I can protect her…I closed my eyes as I leaned onto the window . Why can’t I show her how much I care about her ? Why is it so hard ? 
 
“ Kris…” Why did she have to come here ? I have to lie to her about everything..don’t I ? It’s something I have to do..or else she’ll hate me… “ Kris !” I felt a hand on my shoulder . Her warmth . The one thing I was waiting for . I closed my eye in the impact .  “ We have to leave..” 
 
“ what ? Why ?” I turned around to face her , to see that she was already packing . “ Faye !” 
 
“ We need to ..Everything is arranged , I packed all of our clothes ..everything is done,” She nodded , not looking into my eyes . What on earth was going on ? 
 
“ Faye , It’s only been 2 days , Your not fit to go out-” 
 
“ It’s been finalized,” She stated , finally looking right at me . “ Your going first with Kai …I am coming later on,” 
 
“ Faye , the whole reason I came here was to go back with you …not without you,” I felt anger rise inside me . 
 
“ I will come back with you…just..a few minuetes..or,” She whispered the last part , “ Hours later..” 
 
“ Why?!” 
 
“ You’ll find out,” She came forwards and held my hands . “ You have to be back in the palace..you are the Huang Taizi..you HAVE too..I’ll follow later on,” 
 
I closed my eyes as I wrapped my arms around Faye and pulled her closer to me . It was futile to argue against Faye . “ Promise me…” I sighed . I felt her nod . Kai came into the room as Faye pulled away from me . “ I’m going…now ?” I asked ,she nodded . “ F-faye..I can’t..leave you..here…” I shook my head . 
 
“ You have too,” Faye tilted her head as she handed Kai my packed clothes . Kai , unwillingly , held onto my arm . “ Goodbye..Kris..see you soon…” 
 
I watched her smile at me before she was gone from my sight . 
 
You better come back Faye…I trust you…
 
 
 
 
A/N : Hey guys ! sorry for updating so late ! So many things have been happening to me these past few days and i literally had no time to update..whether it be good or bad . this is my final year in high school so it'll ovbiously be hectic . I'm rushing now as well...i remember i told a subbie I'll update the next day ! I'm so sorry for making it so late ! I really am ! At least i ihave finally updated ! 
 
What do you guys think of it ? eh ? Eh ? 
 
What do you think the incidence is ? I gave a hint about it in the last chapter ^^ 
 
Please upvote ! And if you haven't subscirbed ..please do ! Ahh~and hello to the new subbies ! 
Saranghae<3