Barbie Girl

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

BGM: Barbie Girl by Aqua

*Flashback from more than decades ago*

≈“I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation”≈

A catchy song was being replayed in infinite loop by a nine year old little girl while playing her new Barbie doll.

“Haven’t you been tired listening to that music, Jessie? It’s been playing for hours now” a bored nine year old Tiffany asked.
“≈I'm a blond, bimbo girl, in a fantasy world / Dress me up, make me talk, I'm your dollie≈” Jessica started to sing while making her Barbie doll dance to the tune.

“≈You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour and pain/ Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky≈” Tiffany answered while bobbing her head.

“See how catchy it is? You even sing unconsciously! Hahahah” Jessica blurted.

Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung are two peas in a pod. They were born in the same hospital, living in the same neighborhood ever since they can remember and have been attending the same school since they were in kindergarten. Best-friends-forever is an understatement; their bond is akin to twin sisters minus the facial resemblance and the personalities.

At first sight, Jessica is a hot-tempered, cold princess who doesn’t like to talk to other people other than Tiffany that’s why she doesn’t any other friends other than her best friend while Tiffany is a very lively and friendly person who likes to talk to everyone. Jessica or Jessie, as Tiffany nicknamed her, is usually misunderstood by people around her. She seems to be snobbish but truthfully, she’s just very timid so Tiffany always had to drag her to talk to people. Living in downtown California is such a fabulous life especially when you have a best friend to always play with. Today, they decided to hang around Jessie’s house and play Barbie dolls.

“I’m getting bored. Let’s play another game” pleaded Tiffany.

Truthfully, Jessica’s been bored as well. This is why she played a lively song to wake her up. She doesn’t really like playing with dolls. But right now, it’s the only thing she knows they can play without exhausting Tiffany.

“Tiffany likes pink. Barbie’s clothes are pink. Tiffany won’t get fatigued playing this so Tiffany is safe. We can be together. Life is good.” Jessie thought to herself.

Tiffany was born with a heart defect. The doctors in the hospital told them she can’t do strenuous activities and she must take medications to stabilize her living conditions. This is why Jessica is very protective of her friend. She would always think about Tiffany’s welfare. She’s the only friend she got, not that she’s picky. She just really loves the pink-loving creature.

“Ah! I’m tired. Let’s just sleep.” Jessie answered, much to her friend’s chagrin.

“But we ju

Please log in to read the full chapter