Rehab 2

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

BGM: Rehab by Rihanna

 

 

“The ice cream better be good” Taeyeon grumpily pouted as she sat in the reclining leather chair inside the clinic.

“All ice creams are delicious Taeyeonah” I corrected.

 

Well, it is the truth.

I’ve never tasted an ice cream that made me puke.

 

“All food is the same to you Soo” Taeyeon glared at me.

“Stop this nonsense before you bicker, children” Sunny, showing a sense of impatience, adjusted herself in her seat next to Taeyeon.

I stuck my tongue out to Taeyeon as she helplessly tries to tell on me.

 

Merong.

 

I sat near Sunny to hide from Taeyeon’s glare.

 

HAH! Beat that!

 

An old man clad in white blazer came in, holding a metallic chart in his right hand; he sat in front of us.

“So, Ms. Taeyeon Kim. Goodmorning, I see you’re quite cheerful today.” The doctor chuckled.

I smiled at the doctor, hoping that what he said is actually an indication that our friend is getting better.

The usual routine was done. A nurse came in and took Tayeon’s vital signs. Then, there’s this monitor machine that helps the doctor see her heart rate and things.

 

Then, the questioning started.

 

Taeyeon sat obediently as the doctor started to ask her simple questions.

 

“So, please state your full name”

 

“Kim Taeyeon”

 

“What is your occupation?”

 

“I’m a writer”

 

I saw Taeyeon’s eyes slowly become drowsy as the doctor kept on asking more simple biographical data.

And with a flick of the doctor’s finger, I saw my friend completely close her eyes as she seemingly drifts off to a stuporous state.

The doctor told Sunny and I to move to another seat a little bit farther to make the environment more conducive for the therapy, so we did.

 

The doctor started asking questions.

 

 “Do you like drinking alcohol Taeyeon-shi?”

 

“No”

 

“Do you drink alcohol then?”

 

“Yes”

 

“How much do you drink? 1 bottle, 2 bottles, 3?”

 

“A lot”

 

“Have you been drinking lately?”

 

“No”

 

“And why is that?

 

“There’s no need to.”

 

I saw the doctor adjust his eyeglasses as if he discovered something interesting. Sunny fiddled the hem of her dress as she waits for something good to happen. We were both anxious as to where this session will lead us to.

 

“Have you been taking your medications?”

 

“Yes. Sunny gives me and I drink it.”

 

“How about the drugs you shouldn’t be taking, are you taking them as well?”

 

“No.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“There’s no need to.”

 

The atmosphere is getting heavy by the moment. The doctor seems to be pleased that Taeyeon is taking her regimen quite religiously this time. But I’m feeling a sense of uneasiness. I don’t know why. I just…I just want to get this over with and take Taeyeon and Sunny to that restaurant I want to eat from.

 

“Why would there be no need to Taeyeon-shi?”

 

I saw Taeyeon slightly shift in her chair.

 

“Because… she’s here.”

 

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows in inquiry.

 

“Who’s here Taeyeon-shi?”

 

Taeyeon was silent for a minute.

 

“Jessica”

 

I saw sunny cover her face with her hands in disappointment. When we thought Taeyeon could be better, she had to answer like that. Our hope was smashed with just one word—one name, Jessica.

 

“Who is Jessica, Taeyeon-shi?”

 

The doctor continued, not showing any signs of dissatisfaction.

 

“The one Yuri loves”

 

Sunny lifted her head to look at Taeyeon. Not once in the entire course of this therapy did Taeyeon mention Yuri. Not once. The doctor seemed to be startled a little so he focused on this new data—Yuri.

 

“Who is Yuri, Taeyeon-shi?”

 

 “Yuri…Kwon Yuri”

 

“Who is Kwon Yuri, Taeyeon-shi?”

 

“I..don’t …know”

 

“I see. Taeyeon-shi, I want you to go back to when you were little. Imagine yourself as a child. What do you see?”

 

“Nothing. It’s…dark. I’m scared.”

 

Taeyeon started to quaver. The doctor adjusted her seat to a supine position to help Taeyeon relax more. He also attached the restraints in her lower limbs to avoid any accidents if she suddenly wakes up. We all saw how her heartbeat increased suddenly.

 

Then, Taeyeon suddenly became calm.

 

“I’m not scared anymore”

 

“What made you say that?”

 

“Yuri…she’s here. She promised she won’t leave me. Everything will be alright. She promised.”

 

This is irritating me. I don’t see anything worth being happy at what I’m hearing. Sunny nudged me at my side, whispering that Taeyeon might get better since she’s remembering.

 

Taeyeon suddenly stiffened and then she started to moan. Her arms pressed to her sides as if something is restricting her.

 

“I..ah..ugh…Jessie?...nnnngggg…”

 

The doctor remained silent so are we. Something is happening inside Taeyeon’s mind and all we can do is watch her.

 

“Uhmm…look, Jessie...I appreciate your efforts in teaching me..but…but…this is…”

 

“Je..ssie..I..”

 

“ahhh…ah…nnnnggg…Jes..ssie..

Please log in to read the full chapter