Disturbia

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

BGM: Disturbia by Rihanna

 

A thunderous set of knocks were heard at my door.

 

“Open up, Tayeonah!”

 

“If you don’t open this up, you won’t have a door for quite a while! Open up!”

 

“Taeyeonah!”

 

A continues shrilling sound of my doorbell echoed in my apartment.

I scratched my head and stood up, half awake and half cursing.

I unlocked the door and saw my two friends swiftly enter my room.

 

“Uhmmm…good morning?” I greeted them as they passed by me.

“It’s too hot outside!” The taller complained while heading straight to my refrigerator.

“I can’t believe you’re still in your PJs Taeyeon! We’re going to be late.” Sunny blurted, eyeing me from head to toe.

I covered my chest shyly and glared at her.

“Stop staring.” I retorted.

 

It was 8 in the morning and my fluffy pillows are calling me back to dreamland.

I quickly ran and covered myself in my blanket.

“Taeyeonah! You have to get ready!” Sunny tried to pull me out of the covers.

Seriously, Sunny is just like a mom. She gives me food. She reminds me of my activities. She takes my garbage out. She does the laundry for me. She even buys me my vitamins. She also accompanies me to the hospital for checkups.  If I had one, I would like it to be her.

 

“TAEYEONAAAAAAAAH!” Sunny shouted out of frustration as I continued to huddle inside my comforter.

 

 Or not.

 

She is too loud to be my mom.

 

Sooyoung walked up to my bedside and suddenly lifted me…with the comforter still protecting me.

“Where do you want me to throw this?” Sooyoung asked Sunny. Seriously, Soo is like a ‘minion’ waiting for the ‘boss’ Sunny’s directions.

Sunny smirked, knowing that I would finally give up with my attempts to sleep again.

“YAH! Sooyoungaaaah! Put me down! Sheesh! I’m going, I’m going!” I blurted as I try to wiggle myself out of the comforter—out of Soo’s grip.

 

These two.

 

“Why do I need to go to the hospital for checkups? Seriously, that doctor is just ripping me off. Good thing the insurance is paying for it. But I really think that I don’t need to go there anymore. I mean, my bone’s all okay now. No more fractures! No more bruises! No more wounds!” I lifted my arms and flexed it to show my muscles.

“See? I’m all healed!” I grinned.

“That doctor only makes me sit in a chair and hooks me in that machine that goes beep beep with lines that I don’t understand. At first, since you guys are there, he pretends to use his stethoscope. But when you leave, he just asks me to tell him what I did these past few days and it’s so boring, I sleep. Like all the time! And he doesn’t even mind. Tsk. I wake up and he was just there looking at me or doodling in his notebook. Seriously, it’s a waste of time. That doctor is a quack.” I complained.

“But we need to see if you need to take more vitamins Taeyeonah.” Sooyoung cooed.

“I’m not gonna grow taller even if I swallow a bottle of vitamins, Soo” I retorted, still not wanting to move from my position.

“C’mon. We’re going to be late. I promise it won’t take long. I’ll get you ice cream when we’re done. How does that sound?” Sunny bargained.

 

No Taeyeon.

You.

are.

not.

going.

to.

take.

that.

bait.

Sunny.

can’t.

bribe.

you.

You.

are.

an.

independent.

woman.

who.

doesn’t.

listen.

to.

silly.

things.

like.

that.

You.

are.

a.

grown.

up.

woman.

You.

are.<

Please log in to read the full chapter