Your Love’s a drug part 2

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

BGM: Your love’s a drug by Leighton Meester

 

“Ahhhhh! *exhales* That lasagna was scrumptious! *buuuuuurrrrrrp*”

“Taeyeonah, that was gross. Never do that again!” Jessica covered her nose in disgust.

“Kekeke~~… sorry… I’m becoming too familiar with you. So, where to next?” Taeyeon apologized.

“Hmmm…let me see. First, hold my hand again.” Jessica extended her hand to Taeyeon as the latter smiled and took it as well.

“I heard there’s a new image gallery near here. I wanna go there. I heard it’s a big one! C’mon.” Jessica happily directed.

--

“Hmmmm… So these are Korean paintings, huh?” Tiffany absentmindedly walked in the Korean gallery lane as she willfully asks the curator. The building is quite vast for a museum considering that only a few people can be seen lurking around the corridors.

It’s just as what I’ve imagined it to be.

It looks old, mystic and ughhh… Asian-y.

Tiffany finished unpacking in her new apartment and decided to explore the nearby art museum in town. She needed fresh air and looking at art is her passion and occupation so she opted to go. She also needs to be updated with the city’s art consciousness; she’s an artist after all.

“Yes. As you can see here, this is an Avalokiteshvara painting from the Goryeo Dynasty dating back from 1310 C.E. We had a hard time getting it from Japan after the war. But it was worth it.” The curator proudly explained.

Tiffany scrutinized the old painting depicting a top bald man with frilly scarves draped around his head, almost touching the floor with its length, but her attention was caught by the pinkish cloth that covers the man’s bottom.

Ooooh, pink!~~

It’s not pink, silly.

*mental-slap*

I think it’s supposed to be red.

 It’s too old, the color must have faded!

Tiffany shook her head, thanking the curator for his mini-tour, and finally deciding to go to another gallery lane.

Oh, this looks familiar.

Tiffany entered the western art lane and saw a painting of sceneries with different landscapes and colors.

Ah! Now, something I’m familiar with.

--

“Taeyeonah, pali waaaa~~ I want to see every painting in this hallowed place…right…now.” Jessica pulled a tired Taeyeon inside the art gallery.

Truthfully, Taeyeon was just pretending to be too tired from their date. She was having fun seeing Jessica squabble over her when she doesn’t easily give what Jessica wants. She finds it really cute so she messes with Jessie when she gets the opportunity.

“Do you really like art, Jessie? You don’t look art-ish though. I mean…well… don’t misunderstand …you look sophisticated and all but not the kind of person who looks like she can be seen in an art gallery having fun staring at immobile things.” Taeyeon tried to make a conversation.

Jessica was so absorbed in a painting of a blue night scenery that she doesn’t seem to pay attention to Taeyeon, much to Taeyeon’s chagrin.

“She asked me to accompany her to this gallery and now she’s ignoring me”

 Taeyeon quietly protested.

“Have you ever been in love, Taeyeon?” Jessica suddenly asked.

Taeyeon was taken aback at the question.

“Wouldn’t be here if I was, will I?” was all Taeyeon can reply.

“There are different kinds of love, Taeyeonah. And for different types, there are different approaches you need to do to make it happen. Love is not some stroll in the park where flowers suddenly bloom and birds chirp endlessly and colorful rainbows are all over the place. Love is a choice and love has a price, Taeyeonah. Are you going to choose it and what exactly are you willing to pay?  *pause* You see, some push themselves to the limit to get the love the

Please log in to read the full chapter