So Good

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

BGM: So Good by Savannah Outen Cover (original by BoB)

 

Gigantic billboards hanged on the walls, bright lights and a thousand multi-national mingling people swarmed around the place welcoming Yuri’s eyes as she walked out of her homeland’s main airport gates.

AH! Still the same as I’ve left you, Korea.

“Dr. Kwon Yuri?” an old man’s voice asked in accented English.

Yuri saw the written “Dr. Yuri Kwon: WELCOME!” in the placard the old man was holding.

“Anyeonghaseyo! Ne~. Yuri-imida.” Yuri replied while giving a polite bow to the older man.

“Aigoo, what a nice child!hahahaha…I was worried you won’t speak in Korean. Hahahhaha. Silly me, I had a quick English study last night. Oh, where are my manners? My name is Timothy Hwang. I also work in the hospital you’re going to work to. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” The man reverted back to their mother-tongue.

“Ahahaha…the pleasure’s all mine Mr. Hwang.” Yuri courteously extended her hand to shake the older’s.

“The company sent me to you. So, where would you like to go first?” Mr. Hwang started after exchanging pleasantries.

“To the hospital first, I need to sign some papers” Yuri smiled.

 

--

 

I was reading my shifting schedule for next week as I was walking in the hospital hallway when…*thud thud boink* I bounce my sorry in this sorry floor.

 “Oh My Gosh! I’m so sorry!” a frantic yelping young woman blurted.

“I didn’t mean to. I’m really sorry, I’m in a hurry. My truck is here; need to move to my new apartment now.” She added while swiftly grabbing my left arm to help me get up to my knees.

Before, I can say anything, she quickly run away.

What an odd person.

I brushed my clothes for any dirt and saw something that woman dropped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A pink handkerchief.

 

--

 

 

“Yoboseyo?

Oh…Yuri-shi!

Oraenmanida!

Ne. Ne.

Gwenchana…Oh…That room?

I’m sorry.

It’s already rented.

Please log in to read the full chapter