Finally

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

BGM: Finally by Fergie

 

 

 

Many times have I woken up with a throbbing pain in my temporal lobes, most of them are after episodes of my drunken tryst with strangers, but this time, it was not only the excruciating headache that bothers me but also the sensual guilt eating my deepest form.

 

My stuporous state can’t even take the lingering trepidation out of me. I took a quick look under the pink sheet covering me.

 

Sh*t.

 

, Kwon Yuri.

 

What did you do?

 

Oh, god.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

I woke up bare in a pink queen sized bed. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks to wake me up.

 

 

This is not happening.

 

 

I wrapped myself with the same pink blanket I woke up with and quickly stood up, searching for my clothes which are nowhere to be found. I tip toed as I exit the room, glancing sideways from time to time to see if someone or anyone is in the vicinity. I safely got into my room without anyone noticing me. Apparently, no one is in the house except me. I took a shower and dressed up.

 

It seems my roommate fled the scene of the crime in haste. I don’t even see any trace of what happened last night—clean and clear.

 

I journeyed to the kitchen to check on what I can feed my growling stomach. I haven’t had any proper food since last night. I don’t eat dinner when I drink. It’s easier to get drunk that way.

 

I saw some kimchi and a can of tuna in the refrigerator. There’s also cold rice stored in there.

 

 

Great!

 

 

Let’s feed you then Yuri-yah!

 

 

--

 

 

The memories of Taeyeon’s disturbing actions occupied my mind the whole day. I couldn’t understand what was happening.

 

Is she sick?

 

 

Why didn’t I know about it?

 

 

But then again, I was away…

 

 

Far, far away…

 

 

How could I ever know?

 

 

When I don’t even have the heart to know…

 

 

The night I saw them kissing in the rooftop, I felt the universe pulverized me to the ground. I had seriously wished then that a quagmire pull me to the depths of nothingness.

 

Jessica was the woman I fell in love with, the one I’m willing to share the rest of my life with. Taeyeon is my best friend and my sister, the only family I’ve got. Seeing the two of them doing that behind my back all the life in me.

 

I was hurt.  

 

 

I was betrayed.

 

 

I could have forgiven Sica but Taeyeon… how could she do that to me?

 

 

She broke my trust.

 

 

And stole my girl.

 

 

What kind of friend is that?

 

 

I vowed to myself that I will no longer have anything to do with them especially with Taeyeon.

 

 

But…

 

 

What was that she did a night ago?

 

 

I stretched my legs and massaged my aching head.

 

“Where you waiting for long?” Sunny offered a cup of hot coffee as she sat across me.

 

“Not really.” I blew the steam of my drink.

 

“ARG! Hospital canteens sure big time! They don’t sell my favorite brand of pudding” Sooyoung was carrying a tray with a pile of junk foods and desserts on top as she made her way to our seat.

 

“This is a hospital canteen dear, not a grocery store. Take a set.” Sunny pleaded as she helps her giant settle herself and her goodies.

 

I took a sip from my coffee and traced the outline of the cup.

 

“What happened to her?”

 

“I wasn’t able to feed her so she bought a lot.” Sunny gestured her hand to Sooyoung. “Hey, Soo! Wipe your mouth. You’re eating like a four year old child.” She grabbed a napkin and wiped Soo’s messy mouth.

 

“Zen-kyu, bey-bi” Sooyoung continued to munch.

 

I exhaled sharply.

 

 

“I mean, to…Tae-yeon”

 

 

Sunny stared at me blankly. I’m not sure if she’s playing me or she’s just too serious or maybe she’s trying to assess what and to what extent she’s going to divulge but I’m sure something’s really off with the way she holds that expressionless gaze towards me.

 

Sooyoung stopped eating and stared back and forth at Sunny and me. This time I’m sure she’s gauging whether she needs to wear a titanium bulletproof vest or hide in a bomb shelter.

 

“What do you want to know?” Su

Please log in to read the full chapter