Wish you were here

A Heart that beats for only You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

BGM: Wish you were here by Avril Lavigne

 

 

 

I remember the day my sister decided to rent an apartment, I threw a party. You see, living with a sister has its perks but living without her in our house has more fun written all over it. Sica-unnie may not be the most talkative person in the family, but, boy, she can move mountains with just her eyes. I could never go out late at night … or go to clubs… or have boyfriends without her approval. I even recall that time when Amber, one of my classmates in pre-school, gave me a chocolate bar. She’s so sweet to give me a gift. I went home happily and waved it in front of my sister’s face proudly. I’m so pretty; people easily fall in love with me.

 

And you know what she did?

 

My dear, dear, dear sister…

 

She did a background check on Amber behind my back. Like seriously, my sister is scarier than the FBI. I wouldn’t have found what she did if I didn’t stealthily snuck inside her room and saw her laptop with Amber’s genealogy and medical history in a word document. This is not a joke. I’m serious! Dead serious!

 

 

Talk about sisterly love.

 

 

*cough* Suffocating

 

 

After that, I swore to myself to not show off my potential suitor’s gifts. God! My sister needs to be in a relationship! She’s never had a boyfriend. Not that she’s ugly. She’s actually really pretty. REALLY PRETTY! I guess it runs in the family. But I’ve never really seen her with someone. Now that I think about it, I never really knew anyone close to her. Well, except for that person she writes to.

 

But the physical one here in Korea?

 

 

 

Na-da.

 

 

Zero.

 

 

 

None.

 

 

So when she told our parents that she would ‘need ‘to rent an apartment near her university citing that it’s because she’s being tardy and all. I had an inkling that there is something fishy going on. Tardy? HA! I can believe that 'being late' part…but seriously, she’s so brilliant her professors doesn’t even mind if she goes to school, as long as she aces her exams and once in a while, okay, more than once… like all the time, bring trophies for her math decathlon team, it’s all good.

 

My sister likes her comfort zone. So why would she ‘need’ to rent when she has everything taken care of in our house? She doesn’t need to clean or cook or do her own laundry in our house. If she goes out and rent an apartment, she’d have to take care of her own hide, right?

 

Something’s really fishy.

 

But oh well, I don’t need to complain do I?

 

Kekekeke…

 

Now I can be free to party on my own.

 

Cheers to freedom.

 

 

--

 

She could have changed the address to her apartment’s. Now, I have to go back and forth our house and hers just to bring these letters.

 

Why can’t she just wait for the weekends? She goes home every weekend anyway.

 

Am I a postwoman? Is this a part time job? Wait, I don’t get paid!

 

Arggggghhh.

 

--

 

I was surprised when I saw my sister cooking, not that she doesn’t cook.

 

Well…

 

 

Okay, she doesn’t cook that much. But she cooks… once in a while, like twice a year?

 

 

Okay, okay, once a year!

 

 

Happy?

 

The smell of tuna and kimchi bibimbab is the best. I never knew she can do a dish like this.

 

 

I mischievously squinted my eyes when I heard it was her new ‘friend’ who taught her how to make it.

 

 

AHA!

 

 

And that new ‘friend’ happens to live in the same building she’s in. In fact, that friend’s unit is right across my sister’s.

 

 

 

TARDY my !

 

 

--

 

 

I’m happy my sister is having people around her now. I m

Please log in to read the full chapter