With L. Joe

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwqGfovrIk

---

“NO!” you cried.

He turned it again. It growled but it stopped.

The next day was the weekend, and like L. Joe promised, he was going to teach you how to use the bus. It was a perfect day to go out; the sun was covered by the clouds, so the rays weren’t painful. It wasn’t grey clouds that covered the sun, but pure white, so no sign of rain will drop. The wind caressed your skins lightly tempting you to continue with your journey.

It was getting frustrating “Come on,” he spoke to his motorcycle as if it’ll obey him. Again, he tried to start the motorcycle but it didn’t move “What’s wrong with you?!” he sighed in defeat “We can’t go today. It’s broken. I have to take it to the repair shop down the street.”

“Then we’ll just teach me take the bus with foot” you said. He looked at you as if you were crazy “Are you kidding me? With that foot?” he nodded his head to your twisted ankle. You sheepishly smiled “I could if I wanted to.” Your foot had healed partly. It still hurt but you’d endure the pain.

He rolled his eyes “Maybe next week”

You crossed your arms and pout “I wanted to” *Motorcycles give me a scary feeling. Like I’d die in an instant* You grumbled. You both went inside and the television.

The way you cross your arms, he found this strangely cute. You were like a kid forbidden to eat chocolate because they did something bad. He muffled his chuckled. You felt someone stare at you and you shifted your gaze towards him “What?’

L. Joe quickly retreated before you’d caught him, “What ‘what’?” he said not leaving sight of the television. “I thought… never mind” sighing, you leaned on your palm and yawned loudly.

After a few seconds hearing your yawn, he started to feel air escaping inside and also made a long yawn. He felt his left hand numb for just laying on his stomach. It twitched and he propped it to support his head.

Now you two were in the same position watching. At the same time, both of you reached for the bowl of chips. The two middle fingers lightly knocked on each other. There was a short jolt of electricity and the two of you jumped in your seat, rubbing your hurt finger

“Hey!” You cried out in unison. You blinked while he examined you too

“I’m sorry” Again, in unison. Realizing what the two of you were in, you both laughed and shrugged it off.

He never thought he’d be happy having his motorcycle be useless for a day.

On Sunday you went with him as he took his motorcycle from the repair shop also to buy some food for Miru. He didn’t want you to come with him but you insisted. You were stubborn and he just gave up.

You arrived at the repair shop. It was a very crowded place. Like a hospital for the cars. There was the stench of oil and rugged looking men. You looked up and saw the sign: Eric Fix It

You mentally laughed *That sounds like a video game* L. Joe talked with a man bruised with grease. He smiled at you “Is this your girlfriend?” You both blushed and denied immediately “No, ajusshi!” “What?! Definitely not!”

“Whatever you say” He mused, clearly not believing the both of you. The both of you looked at each other at the same time. Realizing what you did, you both quickly turned the other side.

“This is Yoo Sooyeon” L. Joe introduced you two. You bowed and stumbled forward. Luckily, L. Joe caught you before you went straight down. When he caught you, you felt like a princess being saved by her prince. Like a fantasy trying to start. But that couldn’t be. He felt the same though, his façade didn’t express much. *Holy . Am I really holding her? Again? Like this?* His mind was foggy with emotions he felt for you *I have to stop myself from making my heart beat fast when I’m around her*

71283610.jpg

Eric watched you two intently. He clapped “Now, that’s the sweetest damn thing I’ve seen all day!” Realizing you two were frozen solid, L. Joe remembered air and calmed himself as he fixed your stance “Be careful, you’re still a flamingo”

You made a small frown face slapped his arm “Whatever”

“What happened to that?” The older man jerked his head to your twisted foot. “She was vio-Ow!” L. Joe stood up in your place and tried to answer but you didn’t let him “Soccer, I fell and tripped” you smiled like you were at fault. Eric nodded in understand “Yeah, that happens. Wait did you just say, ‘soccer’?” “Yes” you bobbed your head.

“What a coincidence! I played soccer before!” He exclaimed. L. Joe rolled his eyes *Here we go again* The both of you talked about soccer for about half an hour and laughed, forgetting L. Joe’s existence. He finally got antsy and sliced air between you two “I’m still here, hyung, Sooyeon”

You both laughed and apologized to your friend “I’m sorry L. Joe; there, you could sit on the open lobby across us.” Eric pointed to the furnished lobby across the cars. You tucked a hair behind your ear “Thank you, ajusshi” You walked away with a smile and left the men into work.

“So, what’s the problem here?” Eric asked. L. Joe answered “I don’t know. It wouldn’t start…” You lost track of what he said. You were just mindlessly looking at him, admiring him. *If it wasn’t for him, I’d be on the ground and been laughed at. I’d limp to the nurse’s office because no one would help me.* There was a little electric shock that tickled your heart. It felt like it had been asleep for a long time. A long, long time.

Now you’ve thought about it, you didn’t have a boyfriend. You didn’t have one relationship. There were some who’d look your way but they weren’t someone you’d want to keep as a lover, they were just friends. Friends you’d want to lean on and help but still you loved them.

You took out the thoughts from your head *What am I thinking?! I should be prepping myself for Jung Daehyun*

After talking to Eric, L. Joe gazed at you, sitting patiently, blowing air on your cheeks, simply looking around. There was a cat that went by your side and your eyes gleamed. You lifted it up, not minding its dirty fur, and scratched its back ear “Does that feel good?” It purred and you beamed.

“You know, that’s why they invented cameras,” Eric sneered. L. Joe scoffed “What are you saying?” Eric chuckled “My boy L. Joe, even a blind person could feel the two of you will have Chemistry” L. Joe blushed. What was his hyung even thinking? Chemistry? With whom? With You? “Ridiculous.” He said.

“You’re gonna hit hard, boy” Eric laughed while he fixed L. Joe’s motorcycle “Return tomorrow, just take her out for the rest of the day” he teased the younger one “Hyung!” “What?” He shrugged.

Without a choice, he strode towards you “Hyung said it’ll be fixed tomorrow. There’s a pet store a block away. Can you still walk?” he asked in concern. You stood up and nodded “Of course! See?” But your body failed you, you stood with two feet but your foot was still useless. Flushed you bit your lip *Me and my big mouth!*

L. Joe didn’t hesitate and slung your arm around him “Hang onto me and don’t let go” You swore you heard two meanings behind what he said.

“Bye, kids!” Eric waved goodbye. You waved back and bowed “Goodbye Eric ajusshi! Nice to meet you!” He tipped his hat and went back to work.

On your way to the pet shop, you walked one step at a time “I told you, you should’ve stayed home today” L. Joe spoke. “But I want to exercise it. I don’t want it to be stationary, oppa” you reasoned.

“Watch out,” He easily lifted you up when there was a rock on the pavement. He carried you so easily, like you were as light as a feather. “T-thank you”

And then there it was again, your heart beat fast. You stole a glance at L. Joe, cautiously looking out for your foot *He has a handsome profile*

The both of you bought extra feeds for Mir

“My rabbit is just a few weeks old.” You said to the store manager. She tapped her chin “I think we have some here,” she turned to her back and searched. She saw a green pack that seems fit for a baby rabbit “Here, $4” You bowed and thanked her.

You reached for your wallet but your hand was blocked “I’ll take care of it” L. Joe flashed you a sweet smile. You blushed and a round of flip-flops inside *Please, I shouldn’t assume* You went outside with a pack of rabbit food in L. Joe’s hand.

Again, he assisted you walking home.