Target

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxTXaigNbY

---

During your first PE, all of you were playing soccer.

Soccer.

The one sport you loved. You loved the field and the dust that went to your shoes, the sound of the soil when you kick the ball to score. It was a melting rich feeling you wanted to fell every now and then.

You were placed in two teams, mixing the boys and the girls to be fair. But you didn’t think it that way, why do they have to mix the boys and the girls? They didn’t in your old school, but why here? Then you glanced at your girl classmates, they were thin as sticks and didn’t look they went out the sun to exercise.

Although one girl stood out, she had tan skin and her eyes seemed like they could pierce anyone *She seems like she could play*

20103318169.jpg

The coach whistled and everyone went to their positions. Some girls sat on the bench and occupied themselves with mirrors and fans. You rolled your eyes at the sight *They’re not living*

From the third floor of the school, two head watched the field.

*I wonder if she could play* L. Joe thought as he anticipated your moves. Chunji wanted to go down and cheer you on, but he can’t. He was glued to his seat. Their teacher wasn’t around but there were paper works that should be submitted before the period ends.

The game started and everyone began to move, locking eyes with the ball. You were just a meter away from it; a boy classmate had it, Wajin. He was one of the bullies in the room. Who knew he could play this good at soccer? He was getting closer to the goal. And was very good, but it didn’t stop you from playing your best.

Avoiding all the attacks, he suavely ran pass them.

*She’s chasing him. She’s fast* L. Joe mused, impressed with your swiftness. He wished he was there with you, playing soccer not here using pen and paper. The pen stopped moving since he started to watch you play *Come on! You can get that ball from him!* He cheered you in his mind.

And his wish came true. When Wajin kicked the ball, just in time, you interfered with the speed of the ball kicking it to the side. The ball landed on the outside of the field. *At least he didn’t score*

The coach whistled again “Outside”

Wajin gave you a death glare *You little… I’ll show you!* You walked to your team who didn’t even acknowledge you preventing Wajin to score a goal. You tried to give them smiles but they all ignored you. You bit your lips and just focused on the game.

Now one of your teammates had the ball. You were following the girl who stood out. *Her footwork is amazing* you gaped. You guarded her and blocked any incoming intruders.

Chunji couldn’t see properly. There was a huge tree that blocked the enemy’s side of the goal. And you were there so couldn’t see you. He sighed and just finished his paperwork so he’d have time to watch you without distractions.

L. Joe grinned. He felt proud. Even though you weren’t the one carrying the ball, you blocked the opposing team so expertly. Wajin smirked and went beside you. L. Joe noticed that and *Why do I feel like…* L. Joe thought as he found Wajin strangely looking at you. Like he was a predator looking for a… PREY! “Holy !” L. Joe ran from the room.

 *Now!* Wajin bumped your shoulder hard.

L. Joe jumped from staircase to staircase, he saw how you fell and his eyes widened in shock *SOOYEON! THAT FREAKING BASTARD!*

There was a loud thud. At first you didn’t feel anything but the earth pressing against your body. You just fell, no worries. But when you tried to stand up, your body didn’t hesitate to collapse “What the- Ow” you hissed. There was a throbbing pain on your left foot.  It laid on the ground and you winced when you tried to touch it *Oh no*

When Wajin bumped you, your body fell on sideways. You regained balance on your right foot but it wasn’t enough and you accidentally fell twisting your left foot. Wajin laughed at you. Everyone did too

“Freak”

“Don’t try so hard, loser!”

They cackled. They made you so small you want to disappear. Why were they this mean? You tried to stand up, all your weight shifting to your right leg.

The coach whistled, settling down the class. “Assist Miss Yoo to the nurse’s office” he told Wajin, but he shrugged and didn’t move. Before the coach could say anything else, a pair of arms lifted you up. Your face still buried on your hands, looked up and saw who your savior was “L. Joe oppa?”

L. Joe’s face was frozen. He was gritting his teeth, trying every will he had to stop himself from beating the crap out of Wajin.

The rest of the class gasped and gaped at their senior’s actions. Did he just save you?

One girl in particular, glared at your retreating figure *.*

You were carried to the nurse’s office. L. Joe to the nurse and she tendered you. She placed ice on your foot at you flinched “I’m sorry” she said apologetically while placing the ice still on your foot. You shook your head “No, it’s okay”

“Can I stretch your foot?” she asked softly. You nodded.

L. Joe saw the agony on your face while the nurse tried to tend your twisted foot *When I get my hands on that freaking Wajin, he’s gonna get it*

In the hallway to the room, there was evil laughter.

“Did you see her face?! HAHAHA! The loser couldn’t even move!” Wajin was proud of what he did to you. When he got his revenge, it tasted sweet and satisfying. He wanted to do it to you again. Hurt you and make you suffer. Then a mental note wrote that thought: Make her suffer.

Yuri kicked Wajin on his foot. He jolted “Hey! What’s your problem?!” “That was a cheap shot” she said as she walked away. Wanji glared at her “” he muttered before going back to what he was doing.

--                                             

Finished writing the paperwork 15 minutes after, Chunji looked up and saw an empty field. His heart deflated *They’re done. Why so early?* He brushed it away and turned to his back. It was an empty seat. He blinked *Where’s L. Joe?*

He then asked Ricky. He answered “He went out. I don’t know why” “Oh.” *But he haven’t even finished his paper yet.* he saw the paper half-filled paper on his friend’s desk.

He returned to his business and submitted his paper.

L. Joe assisted you to his motorcycle after you went to the nurse’s office. He hated how you were limping. He went back to his friends and said he’d be first to go, without explanation. He collected his stuff and went straight to you. You waited outside and saw your classmates pilling out.

Yuri locked eyes with you for a moment before looking away. A surge of guilt had washed over her when she saw you supporting yourself with one foot.

“I should say ‘thank you’ though” Yuri approached you carefully and tugged a small smile she can manage. You gapped and stared at her. Did she just talk to you? Did a classmate just talked to you?

She found it strange you weren’t saying anything and assumed you didn’t like talking to her. She swallowed hard and turned to walk away “No! It’s fine. You’re welcome” you flashed her your pearly whites. A feeling of happiness took over and she widely beamed.

“Yuri!” Another of your classmates called, her name was Dalbi. But she had a different feeling than Yuri. She looked at you with disgust and hooked arms with Yuri “Don’t waste your time” she rolled her eyes and tugged Yuri before the latter could bid goodbye.

L. Joe came running with his backpack a few seconds after “Ready?”

You nodded and the both of you went home.