Tears and Concealment

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVwzQH91IE

---

L. Joe woke up the next morning. He opened his eyes and no one was on the bed *She’s an early bird* He yawned and stretched his arms “Ow!” His body had become sore after sleeping in such position.

His stomach started to growl “It’s time to breakfast~” he smiled. *Better knock on the bathroom* He thought as he made his way towards the bathroom door “Sooyeon~” he called.

There was no answer. He didn’t find it strange “Maybe she’s finishing her business” he yawned once again. He didn’t thought about it much and went out to ask for some utensils. He came back and a nurse greeted him in a unusual way

“Sir!” she startled L. Joe “Huh? What the?”

The nurse gave him an apologetic look “I’m very sorry sir. I didn’t know it was ma’am, but I think I had let her slip from me last night” L. Joe didn’t know what she was saying, it was gibberish for all he knew “What do you mean? I don’t understand”

“It was past twelve and I think I saw your girlfriend exit the hospital. I wasn’t sure if it was her and let her slip but when I checked your room this morning she wasn’t here!” L. Joe made a ‘pfft’ sound “What are you saying, she’s there” he pointed at the door. The nurse immediately went to beside it and opened it “What are you doing-”

The door opened and no one was in it.

L. Joe placed the utensils on the chair “Don’t tell me… she went out without knowing HER WAY AROUND!” *What the hell are you thinking Sooyeon! Are you a sleep walker now?!*

~

You thanked Chunji for the ride home “Thank you oppa” you bowed. He chuckled in embarrassment “Don’t do that Sooyeon”

“I’m very sorry you had to wake up at the middle of the night. I will learn where this address is and be independent” you vowed. But he shook his head “Silly Sooyeon, go on in. I’m sure L. Joe is probably looking for you right now”

You spat on the thought “As if…” *He never did like my company…*

“If you need anything, just call me, okay?”

You had spent the night at Chunji’s. Good thing you had exchanged numbers or else you would have been in big trouble. Your battery had died right after you successfully called for help.

He rushed right away and picked you up. You learned he was doing some reading before he sleeps and apologized for bothering him. You didn’t things through and just impulsively decided on your own. You spent the night on his house since you don’t have a key to L. Joe’s house, again impulsive thinking.

You waved goodbye as watched him go. He understood you won’t be going to school today since you just came from the hospital. But he didn’t want to leave you right now. You were alone. He didn’t know why you were alone in the hospital. What did L. Joe do that made you cry? Of course you didn’t let it show but the smeared tears were obvious.

His heart broke at seeing you like that. *I can’t be greedy. You are for someone else’s embrace. I can’t have you* He thought before he sped off without looking back. Only a glimmer of his hope from him that you’d be alright after he left.

You waited outside the door contemplating whether you’d apologize to L. Joe or just ignore him.

Another half hour passed and L. Joe came, riding his motorcycle. When he saw you he felt a heat boiling inside him. Who were you to leave on your own? To leave without any knowledge of where you are. You only resided less than half a week and you had the nerve to go out and be Dora.

He halted in front of you. A shiver ran to your spine *Something tells me he is mad as hell. I should go and say ‘sorry’*

But the thought quickly flew and you stood up crossing your arms “Where’s the key? You know you should duplicate me one, I need it if I go home earlier than you.”

L. Joe became more pissed *She’s acting so bratty after what she did?*

“Oh yeah, I’ll pay you for the hospital bill you paid” you lifted your nose. Your actions became rigid and L. Joe was uneasy too *Money? She’s thinking about money? What kind of girl is this!*

“You don’t have to.” He said coldly as he walked pass you.

You followed him “No, I insist-”

“I said you don’t have to!” L. Joe cut you off and shouted.

You blinked at him.

“WHAT WAS THAT SHOW ABOUT, HUH? DO YOU KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND HERE TO WALK AROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! ARE YOU CRAZY? Did YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT COULD’VE HAPPENED TO YOU, IDIOT?!” He was breathing hard. All his feelings were poured to you now “DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAD SEARCHED FOR YOU?”

But you didn't receive his message lightly, obviously and frowned at him "You didn’t have to! I was with Chunji oppa!” You cried

He swallowed “Chunji?” he tilted his head “How did he came into the picture?”

“I asked his help, okay? I called him when I went out. Why do you care?!” you confessed, your voice trembling.

He stopped for a moment. Why did he care? Why was he work up? Then it got back to him; his grandfather told him to take care of you because the company needs you. That’s why he cared; it’s his grandfather’s job on the line. But what his brain told him was different from what his heart told him. He cared because he’s care to even lose you before you were his. He was scared to the things that would’ve happened to you and he knows he couldn’t forgive himself if that ever happened.

“Well?!” you impatiently waited for his answer.

His temper got the best of him and fueled even more “Then why don’t you just live with him then! You two look pretty close. But don’t you dare run away! Think what my grandfather will say to you! He decided to take care of you and you just blew away my trust!” he snorted.

He said such piercing words that gave you a bullet shot through your heart. "WE HAVEN'T EVEN SPENT AN ENTIRE MONTH TOGETHER AND HERE WE ARE ARGUING. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN IN THE FOLLOWING DAYS?!"

Tears overwhelmed your eyes and they fell by themselves. L. Joe felt guilty for shouting at you in range. “He-” you said softly. You quickly wiped the tears *Now I’m crying, who said you could cry! Dummy!* You avoided his gaze and took the key from him.

You burst through the door and headed straight to your room.

L. Joe stood frozen in his spot *Was I too hard on her? Whatever, she deserved it. She should learn her lesson* Without anything else, he walked to the house.

He took heavy steps inside. His gaze followed you pace around the house.

You placed your bag in your room and then you went to the kitchen. You opened the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk. He watched you stomp around and drink it all in one shot *Now I feel bad… But who cares? She left the hospital with no reason! AT ALL!* He swallowed hard before he returned to his room.

You noticed he was looking at you at it made you a little anxious. You were mad at him, you understand where he’s coming from but what you heard was greater than what his side meant. After a while, you saw him exhale and go to his room.

Your heart deflated at his actions. You’d never knew why he make you feel this way *I am hurt and I still want you to stay. You even said things my grandfather wouldn’t even dare tell me…* Tears started again *We haven’t even caught what we had before. I wanted you to be my best friend. You were always so patient and caring. Now look, we’re a mess.*

L. Joe slammed the door. You heard it from where you were and winced

He pulled his hair out *What the hell was this episode about?!* Why did you do what you did? You were just escaping yesterday, he took you to the hospital and the next thing he knew, and you’ve gone AWOL. And when you mentioned Chunji, his chest felt like it shrunk ten times its size. How did you two get so accustomed with one another? Were you two secretly dating behind his back?

*But what could all of this do now? I broke a bond I wanted to keep. I’m such a jerk.*

~~

I've done writing the incoming chapters because I'm going to be busy this week><
Aigoo. My head hurts. So much school work!
I welcome the new subscribers! ^^ Let's enjoy reading the future chapters:D