Feminist

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYDLy_1yCo

---

The bell rang and you just arrived in your room (After a horrifying encounter with many foul mouthed and rude students)

There were many rowdy students who gave you dirty looks, some just ignore you or spit on you. You dodged it “Umaya!” and they snickered *Rude* You pouted and looked for a seat.

One girl, who looked unruly was chewing on some gum when you looked at her. Before you could smile and ask her if you could seat beside her she pulled the chair near her and hissed “Not happening” You ducked your head and continued to look for a seat.

A few girls twirled their heads but they gave you a stinky look. A rowdy crowd of boys smirked your way “Hey, pretty lady” they wiggled their brows and smugly smiled your way. You shivered and were disgusted *No thank you*

You finally saw a vacant seat just beside the window *There!*

The class was noisy until the door opened and a scary teacher entered. They quiet down and returned to their seats. When students didn’t settle down, he casted them an intimidating look enough to shut them up. You tried your hardest to be unnoticeable but as soon as you settled your bag and sat, the chair came crashing down.

Everyone looked back and saw you on the floor, wrecked. Instead of helping you they called you names and laughed hard “What a dork” “Haha, funny!”

You looked down with embarrassment and struggled to stand up but fell down helplessly. And another round of claps and laughs formed. The teacher shook his head as he looked at you “Someone please find the transferee student a new chair, and fast. I won’t waste my time on useless things.”

No one moved. You lowered your head *No one’s moving. Ugh, what a humiliating first day. Great. What a way to create an impression with these people* When no one stood up you took the initiative and went out “I’ll look for the chair if I may, sir.” The teacher didn’t react and you assumed he allowed you.

*It's just the first day of school. But why do I feel like crying?* The thought of going back and forth of humiliation and dejection.

You thought back in Busan High, nothing was unexpected. Everything and everyone one was predictable. They didn't have people who would diss you and call you names; everyone was your friend. Thinking about it seemed harder than reality.

However remembering your grandfather and the company, you shook all of the negatively out of you and had strength again.

You scratched your head as you tried to look for an extra chair. *Where’s the facility office here?* You clucked your mouth as you walked endlessly at the long hallway.

At the same time, Chunji was walking along the hallway since class was boring for him. He turned the next left and he saw you walking towards his direction, looking confused and dull *Hey, it’s the girl with L. Joe*

chunji1.jpg

You looked up to meet his gaze and stopped *I hope he won’t be as mean as the other guys in the room*

You approached him slowly. As he saw you walking towards him, he flashed a friendly smile, which was new to him, since he doesn’t usually smile at random people “I haven’t seen you around. Are you new?” He tried to strike a conversation. You smiled and bowed “Yes, and it would be a great help if you’d tell me where I could find an extra chair”

“Why? Didn’t the room have enough chairs? And why were you looking by yourself, knowing you wouldn’t know where’s your way around this school?” He asked as he agreed to take you to the facilitator’s office. He was nervous, where did all these questions came from? They just escaped and blabbed out.

You shrugged and bitterly answered “I didn’t really have a good impression”

He raised an eye brow, confused and intrigued by your answer “How can they treat a pretty lady like you that way?” You gave him a stinky face "Ha. Funny guy" He shrugged "Seriously, what happened?"

You lifted your head and noticed how beautiful his eyes were. *Woah, I haven’t seen them up close before, I didn’t notice how beautiful they were* You snapped back to reality before you get into another trans and answered him “The chair disintegrated when I sat on it”

Chunji's eyes enlarged “You weigh that much? Hahaha” He chuckled.

You blushed and scrunched your nose “Hey!”

He ruffled your hair “I was kidding, don’t worry kiddo. I’ll help you out” You felt grateful that he was eager to help and followed him. A small curve made its way to you lips.

“Hey, aren’t you that chic L. Joe was with this morning?” You nodded at him but you frowned at how he described you as just a 'chic' "Hey I'm not a 'chic' or any of the words you guys say to degrade women" Chunji held his hands up "Woah. I didn't know you were a feminist, sorry madam"

You gave him a look.

"Hey, in this school, girls aren't actually that sensitive so I'm sorry if I offended your..." He stopped and turned you then continued "...woman being" He gestured your body

*She's headstrong. Unlike the people in this school. Reminds me of... No. I have to stop thinking about her.* Chunji shook his head. Entertained with your company.

“Well, thank you for that 'compliment' and yes I am the girl with L. Joe oppa. Are you his friend?” you asked him.

“Well, I’m more of a guardian of dear L. Joe but we’ll talk about him another time when we haven’t found you a seat yet.” He smiled and walked towards the door on the far end of the hall

*Now that I noticed, he has a very broad shoulder. Wait, What! Snap out of it, Yoo Sooyeon!* You shook the thoughts in your head and focused ahead.

Chunji opened the door “Careful” he said but you were still shaking away the thoughts and didn’t hear him say anything. You bumped your head “Ow!”

He went by your side and checked your head “I told you be careful, are you really this clumsy?” he joked while he helped you rub your forehead. “I’m sorry. I was just thinking about… something”

"Well, if you're going to think about something try not to do it so deeply" His words for you sounded encouraging and made you turn crimson "Ye-yeah"

He chuckled again and gave you a reassuring smile "Now less think and more do"

You two went in the facilitator's office and got you a new chair.

He charmingly thanked the personnel and turned back to you "Now, let me help you bring this strangely heavy chair for your sake to your room, milady"

"No, it's okay. I could carry this, see?" You lifted the chair. But it stopped you, you were engulfed by the unexpected weigh of the chair. Who knew the chairs here were heavy as hell?! You weakly smiled at Chunji. He raised a brow "Can you walk?" He perfectly knew you couldn't carry this chair to your room. You were very transparent.

"Yup" You broke a sweat as you threw the chair in the air to rest your arms for a millisecond "See?"

He shook his head "Come on. It's okay for me. And obviously, you can't take another step after the first two." He took the chair from you, in your defeat, and effortlessly carried it.

You looked down at your feet while he walked pass you *Now I look weak and can't even carry my own burden* "I can really do it, you know. If I just carry it in another way-" He cut you off "It's alright. No harm done"

Eventually you gave up and let him carry your chair to your room.

While you two walked back to your room he spoke up "Oh yeah, I think we haven't been properly introduced; I'm Lee Chunji, I'm a senior along with Mr. L. Joe" he joked with L. Joe's name.

You gave him a genuine laugh and held out your hand for a handshake "I'm Yoo Sooyeon. Junior--oh" but you quickly took it back when you realized his hands were full "Sorry"

He laughed again *She's adorable*

"If you're a year younger than me, then that means you will call me 'oppa' right?" Chunji enthusiastically cheered your way "Don't hesitate, okay?"

You gave him a queer look "Are you kidding me?" Chunji cocked his head "Why? I like this stuff! I like befriending stubborn feminists!"

You scrunched your nose and bit your lip "Hey! I'm no stubborn feminist! I just don't want being compared to an animal because it's degrading my uality"

Chunji nodded "Further proving my point!" You frowned. You could only groan in silence trying not to say anything he could twist.

Chunji noticed the silence and peaked his eye to your side *A girl who is strong willed and can become an adorable character when you poke her innocence. What kind of girl are you, Yoo Sooyeon?!* "Hey, brighten up. I take back the feminist, but come on. Admit and embrace your stubbornness!"

"You're saying that to me?" You stuck your tongue out "I'd rather-"

"We're here!" He announced. You two stood face to face "Thank you, oppa" You held out your hands saying you'd take care of the chair and bring it inside so it won't seem like you're an easy target to physically bully.

He shook his head "No way missy. I've seen you carry it, remember?"

But you still didn't budge. When he took a step to the left you copied him and spread your arms. *Smart girl, eh?* He raised his brow. He hid his smirk and did a quick second change of direction, but still you managed to block him. *She's very headstrong*

"Please" You pleaded with your eyes. Chunji breathed out "You really are a stubborn little girl" You nodded to the chair "Alright, alright. Here" he passed the chair carefully, so you wouldn't be startled at the sudden weigh.

You carried it and you could compare it to a heavy rock being thrown at you *Umf! This is heavy. How did he?!* "Th-thank you Chunji oppa" You tried to smile to show your gratitude.

"Well?" You lifted your shoulders. You waited for him to move, disappear, go back to his class or something. You needed him to go before he sees you mentally crying for help "What?" He lifted his eye brows at you.

"You can go now" You said while you tried to hide your obvious trembling voice. But of course Chunji noticed it *She's waiting for me to go so I won't see her fail. What a competitive woman! Hahaha* He goofily smiled and scratched the back of his head "Oh yeah. Goodbye, Sooyeon" He waved goodbye and you made sure he was out of sight before you turned to the door *Good! Ugh. Why can't I...*

You tried feeling where the knob was but you couldn't.

You realized you were wrong and forgot it was a sliding door *Great. You're such a dummy. You aren't usually like this Sooyeon!*

You slid the door and went in.

Chunji came back to the room. L. Joe noticed his friend came in after almost half an hour "Hey, where've you been?"

Chunji shrugged. Something told him to just keep his little adventure he had to himself. And besides, he wanted to know you first without anyone knowing.

L. Joe suspiciously eyed his friend *Something's up*