It's The Start

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMtCJC39SqU

----

After the punishment, L. Joe quickly rubbed his sore thighs. He looked at your face and saw your bruised knees *, its dark. Damn that teacher*

“Hey,” He stood up, hiding his pain. He held out his hand and gave you a reassuring smile “Ready to go?” You looked up in agony, “To where?”

“To the nurse’ office, you dummy. You should take care of your legs if you’d want that Daehyun dude to notice you” he made it seem like it was his intention. He didn’t like that fact that Daehyun cared about looks. He did also, but Daehyun was worse than him. And you were perfect just the way you are. He didn't want to change any other things of you.

You retorted “What?!” You looked at your knees and dusted of the filth that stuck to your skin. L. Joe scowled “I was just kidding, stand-up” You took his hand, still looking at your bruised knees *Oh no! I have to capture him first!* you thought.

When you tried to walk you stumbled. Luckily, L. Joe caught you on time.

Instantly, your felt your breath stop. His soft strong arms firmly locked itself in your waist. Like a tango dip, you lifted your head and searched his eyes. He swalloeed hard *How many times will we accidentally face each other in this distance?* "You can’t walk, huh?” L. Joe felt his jaw dropped and spoke.

You shook your head and pushed his face away from yours “Can you not do that?” you said as you settled yourself on the ground *I shouldn't feel this!*

“Do what?” baffled, he stared at you.

“I would like to walk by myself, thank you” you bounced your head once and stretched your legs “I don’t need that much help” you smiled so it wouldn’t look like you were rude. But you would just like it if he was less nicer to you, less charming. You didn’t want to fall in love before you actually meet your fiancé.

You wobbly walk while he tried to help you. But you declined and slowly, you got the hang of it. You walked still, and he was beside you. You could see their stares. The girls were mentally cursing at you for being with somebody. You didn’t know why they hated you, they just did.

The guys laughed your way but L. Joe gave them a death glare and they looked away quickly. Avoiding to feel the wrath of L. Joe.

A few voices was shouting from behind “Sooyeon!” “Sooyeon-ah!” Niel and Ricky ran towards you. You looked back and saw them charging in. Before they could crush your body, L. Joe stopped them “Careful, Dumb and Dumber! You’re gonna destroy her existence!”

They did as they were told. Niel shrugged; suddenly hugged you and it took a full mental concentration to stop L. Joe from shoving him away from you. “What happened to you?”

“Chunji told us about yesterday, and how he” Ricky glanced at L. Joe “treated you”

L. Joe raised a brow “What do you mean? I was nice to her!”

Ricky stuck his tongue out and led you to the nurse’s room “And he gave you that, I suppose?” he gestured at your bruised knees.

You were cut off since they came in. Now you had a chance to talk “No, he didn’t do anything. I swear. This was all my fault” you smiled.

“You’re lucky she’s nice!” Niel made a face at L. Joe. L. Joe sneered at the latter.

He really had no idea what they were talking about.

“Go in, slowly, slowly” Ricky was assisting you. You were grateful and smiled “It’s fine, I can do it, really” “Yeah, she could handle herself very well, I’ve been trying to help her but still, no” L. Joe added. You gave him a stinky face before opening the door.

Ricky hissed at him "Don't hurt Sooyeon!" L. Joe gritted his teeth and rolled his eyes

Ricky and Niel talked with the nurse telling her to focus on you first before L. Joe.

"Why are you limping? Again?" A nurse asked L. Joe. Before he could tell her and ask for some medication Ricky blocked her and tugged her to your side "No! Sooyeon first!"

"Hey!" L. Joe tried grab Ricky but it was too late. The nurse was already by your side *These freaking douches!*

You were flustered at how they were nice to you "Aww, you guys, thank you"

"'Aww you guys, thank you'!" L. Joe mimicked you.

"So," the nurse awkwardly started "Here is some ointment for your knees" she handed you the ointmennt. Niel smiled widely "Thank you ma'am!" She smiled back and bowed.

The three of you left the office leaving L. Joe "You're just gonna leave me here?!" Without any answer you all snickered. Just before you completely disappear Ricky came back. L. Joe sighed in relief "Thanks-" but instead Ricky said "Meerong!" and dashed off.

"You ungrateful! Argh!" He couldn't chase after him; he was still wincing in pain. "I'm gonna get back at you!"

In lunch you sat with Teen top. They were laughing at Ricky, again. *They really love to pick on him* You giggled.

Turning to Chunji you thanked him about yesterday “Oppa, really, thank you from yesterday. I don’t know I would’ve survived if it wasn’t for you” Chunji grinned *Anything for you* “No, it’s okay. I’m just glad you’re safe” You simpered and bowed.

Everything about this group of boys was so amusing and being around them today was easy and carefree, you didn't have to hold back. It's like being with your old friends back at home.

You casted a glance at L. Joe he was seating uncomfortably, occasionally shifting in his seat. *Looks like the teacher really was making sure this wouldn't be happening again*

You lightly placed your hand on his shoulder. He immediately felt electricity running through his spine, *. This again?!*

He slowly turned his head your way, “Yes? Why?” “Are you okay?” You asked in concern “Of course, I’m fine. Why would you ask that?” He tried to chuckle a little bit hiding his nervousness.

“Does it still hurt?” You asked *Well, dummy, it does! You just saw him get beat up five hours ago!*

L. Joe shrugged it off “Doesn’t anymore” He lied. You knew, your knees were hurting still and you had placed bandages on them. You were just glad you two weren’t punished on the roof, or else it’ll be much worse. The roof was cement and it wasn’t paved either.

You just gave him your drink “Here, I haven’t drank from it yet” He gave you quizzical look. He slowly looked at the carton of milk pushed it back “It’s okay. You drink it”

You shook your head "It's also an apology." You shyly confessed

"Hey! You two go seat at the lovers lane over there!" Changjo blurted out.

"We don't want to watch an episode of 'Lover's in the Cafeteria Table'" Niel mused. L. Joe shot them a look.

"No! We're not" you fervently shook your hands.

"Stop it," CAP eyed the two men. L. Joe was about to thank CAP but he suddenly added "We already have 'Dumb and Dumber' on the play"

The two lad reacted in unison "HEEEY!" They stomped their hands on the table in protest. CAP gestured the two and looked at you and L. Joe "See what I mean?" You laughed and hi-fived with CAP.

Chunji was quietly watching, amused *She had this side to her* Why was this girl so beautiful in her own way? Girls here were only attentive of their manners, etiques and looks. He glanced at some girls eating their lunches; they chewed with grace and laughed while covering their mouths.

He also remembered how you were so restless with one position. You kept tussling and turning. He laughed at how you slept like a child.

He returned to you and saw you hi-fiving Ricky. You laughed with a big mouth, you were laughing about something Changjo said *You’re really a first Yoo Sooyeon*

His admiration for you grew even more.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Changjo asked. Chunji didn't hear and continued to stare at you.

He snapped his fingers infront of his face to stop him from daydreaming "Pretty handsome boy to Chunji~ Hello?”

"What?" Chunji blinked. Changjo snickered. Chunji realized what he said and pushed Changjo’s face away from him “Oh, shut up!”

L. Joe shook his head. He really had silly friends. He wanted to keep them with him.

“Hey! I have an idea!” Niel said “I want to spend this weekend with Sooyeon!”

Ricky pumped his fist “Yeah!” You clapped your hands “Weee~ I think that would be fun!”

“What?! No! She’ll be spending it with me!” L. Joe protested. Chunji’s body became rigid *Oh. No.*

Changjo joined “Me three!” CAP couldn’t object and just nodded “I’m in”

“If you guys haven’t forgotten, I am still her guardian! I will tell you if she can go with douches like you” L. Joe crossed his arms. The words didn’t come out as he planned. Did he just confess to everyone he liked you? Did he actually admitted to himself he liked you?!

Changjo stuck his tongue out “Nope. We want to be with her too! Or else, you’re… jealous?” L. Joe nervously denied his friend’s accusation “N-No! You could come with us”

Ricky evilly smiled “See? Mr. I’m-So-Jealous wouldn’t be so bitter we’re taking his little girlfriend over here, ain’t that right Sooyeon-ah~” You didn’t mind being teased at this moment; you liked L. Joe’s priceless face right now. He was panicking and he was turning pink, although you didn’t noticed it. “Haha, right” you winked

Chunji was happy but, he too was jealous. Not because of them but he was jealous of L. Joe *He gets to live with her while I can only be here…* He eyed the floor. Was he too secretive? Did he like being secretive? Not telling you about his feelings? Or if he did… will it ruin his friendship with L. Joe?

L. Joe gaped at how he was being teased “Do you like hanging out with them?!” he blurted. You just arched your shoulders up and down “I don’t know~”

“Aish!” L. Joe groaned. All of you laughed at him.

You whispered at Changjo “Is he always like this?” Changjo smirked. He didn’t answer. You pouted “Never mind”

*We don’t know too. He usually isn’t this sensitive with girls. It’s really entertaining teasing him with a girl. He smiles nowadays so much because you came here. We wanted to thank you for that Sooyeon*

“Let me teach you with the train station and the bus alternatives for going to school” Chunji offered. You grinned. You clasped your hand and bowed “I would be honored oppa!”

L. Joe felt a creeping sullenness. He hated this feeling.

“Alright, then it’s settled! Let’s all meet tomorrow! Center Seoul and we’ll start there!” CAP concluded. All of you agreed and finished your food.