A Little Lighter

It Was Love (사랑했나봐)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18cInMYLEXw

---

L. Joe knew you weren’t going home that night. You were somewhere with Chunji and probably hating him. He slept in your room and placed Miru beside him, pretending it was you he was talking to.

*Please be safe Sooyeon…*

 Eric’s words came back to him:

“I don’t know what the hell really happened, but Chunji is really pissed at you” Eric said. L. Joe just lowered his head in shame *He has a right to be…*

“But… Don’t let your insecurity hurt her, or anyone.  If you love someone don’t be afraid to show it, not everyone else is given a chance to live tomorrow” Eric looked at his friend and gave him a firm smile. CAP encouragingly nodded at him before he told L. Joe where you were “Chunji took Sooyeon to his house, she’s resting there. Don’t worry” And with that, they left their friend sitting on the porch.

“Miru, I hate myself for loving someone who’s already engaged…” he left the words from his mouth before he drifted to sleep, feeling at least half the weigh on his shoulders.

It was Sunday, the next day. L. Joe woke up early and waited for you. He was contemplating on his actions, he knows you would be angry at him but he would be brave enough to catch your tantrums or a silent treatment. But… *I don’t want her to ignore me, let her hurt me, but not avoid me. It’s more painful than she slapping or shouting at me. I want and will take care of her better*

As expected, a few moments later, he could hear footsteps. It was so quiet in the house he could hear your footsteps. *She must be here* He scrambled up and went to the couch, casually reading a book… upside down. Yes, it was very casual indeed.

Knock. Knock. Knock. It was three consecutive soft knocks. His ears perked up at the sound and he straightened up his clothes as if he was meeting someone in for an interview. He coughed to warm up his hoarse voice. Twisting the door, his expression turned into a solemn one *She’s here. Sooyeon, you’re home. You’re home*

You had your head down as he unveiled you. “Sooyeon” he spoke. You lifted your head and gave him a small smile before walking by him.

“I was with Chunji yesterday after I fainted,” you took off the jacket Chunji lent you “I know” L. Joe answered with a little bitterness in his voice. “Okay,” you concluded the empty conversation and headed to you room.

L. Joe couldn’t be any miserable with what was happening today. But the fact that there was no Chunji who brought you home lightened his heart but also dipped in anger, *Why did he let her go here alone? What if she got lost?! But, I feel good she came here alone, without anyone to securely wrap their arms around her. But... But, I feel so jealous he can save her in her days while I can only make it worst.*

Entering the room, you waved at your furry friend, “Hi Miru!” It hopped and ate some celery *Oh? You have food! I wonder…* you glanced at the door *Did L. Joe oppa feed you?*

You sat on your bed, contemplating what you’d do. You blew air in your cheeks before stretching your arms. Now that you’re thinking about it, your sore muscles were kicking in, and aching everywhere. Stretching, you did a few yoga positions you knew. Breathing deeply, you let the air pass in and out of your lungs; it felt good and relieving for a moment.

You would do this with your grandfather before, both of you after school and work, he’d make sure to make time for you. A tear escaped from your eye. Why was it so hard for you to adjust being alone? Here in Seoul, it was very hard. L. Joe wasn’t someone you could lean on, he’d come and go which hurt you so much. Teen top were very close to each other and it makes you feel like you’re just being friends with them because they’re L. Joe’s friends. Chunji is so nice but you can’t take advantage of that, he’s the nicest person you’ve met here and you didn’t want to burden him; in fact you didn’t want to burden anyone.

After some stretches and lunges, you head to the bathroom and took a shower. You stayed there for a few minutes just to cool off.

At the same time, L. Joe was on his way to you room, well, not actually, he’s in front of your door: thinking whether he should talk to you or just walk away *Why does this keep bothering me?! I ing hate it when she acts like this!* Without any more thoughts, he knocked on the door, no answer.

Another round and still there isn’t “Sooyeon? Are you there?” He slowly twisted the door. You were just stepping out the bathroom when you heard a creek in your door. L. Joe’s head popped out and he turned his head to scan the room.

Eyes widening, you saw L. Joe’s head “YA!” screeching and hurrying to the door. He met eyes with you and saw you only coated with a towel and a panicking face “Oof! Sorry!” He jerked his knee back and returned 1 meter of a distance from the door while you shut it loudly.

L. Joe mentally slapped himself for seeing you so bare and… vulnerable. “What did you want?” you asked slightly mad from the other side of the door.

Cat got his tongue, L. Joe couldn’t think straight “I… I… you…” What was happening to him? He could only think about you r white skin and the droplets of water on your collarbones. Flashes of your long slim legs also appeared when he organized his thoughts *What the ?! Please go I don’t want to think about her that way*

“What?” you opened the door with you head peeking and giving only little space of exposure. He stuttered and looked away “I-I was just checking on you”

“And did ‘knocking’ exist in your dictionary?” you rebuffed, mad at how you think he didn’t knock and disrespecting your privacy

“It does exist because I did knock, you just didn’t hear” he scrunched his upper lip.

“I don’t believe you” you angled your head and gave him a suspicious look “I really did! Ask Miru!” Blushing, he said.

You turned your head to your rabbit and asked him “Did he Miru, did he?” you raised a brow. The rabbit hopped away from the collision of World War III and faced the other way. You pouted and sighed “Okay, look. Please knock louder next time, I don’t want you barging in my room and…” you know what I mean”

L. Joe scoffed and laughed “Haha. As if there’s so much to see anyway”

“WHAT?!” Your eyes widen as you pulled the knob and charged towards him.

He was waving his hand and retreating to where he had been before, he stopped when he felt your footsteps “What the- Argh!” Locking your lips, you jerked your knee upwards and flicked your legs, aiming for his crotch “MAERONG!”

A pain of all sorts was in into one holy place he protected. His locked with yours while you smirked at him slowly falling down at your mercy “Ha.Ha.Ha” With that, you went back to your room and locked the door close. The door opened again and you said your final words “And Miru said you did knock but you were just so rude to me, her loving owner that’s why you deserved that!”

“That… girl…” He cursed while he still held his sacred place, lying on the floor.

You made small quick steps while you cackled in victory “And that’s how you defeat a man, Miru~” You made baby noises at your pet and smiled “But his face looked so cute while he descended in defeat! HAHAHAHA!” You placed your hands on your waist and bounced your shoulders up and down.

From the other side of the wall, L. Joe could hear your laugh. It was annoying at first but an unstoppable smile came up from his lips and he felt good. The pain from a while ago had faded and it was replaced by joyous celebration of your laughter filling his heart at ease *I’m glad I made you laugh Sooyeon*

~~~~

HEYYA! SCHOOL HAS BEEN BUSY~

WE HAD A GROUP PROJECT THAT HAD TO BE DONE WITHIN THE WEEK AND THERE WERE SOME LOOONG SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

BUT ONLY SOME DAYS OF THE PAST WEEK THOUGH.

I find it really hard to write the chapters when the two of them are fighting...

T__T T__T I feel like I'm so sad that I hope they'd mend things.

Hahaha:)) However, thank you for reading this chapter>:))