When You Miss Him

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]
aww, i hope you feel better. it must've been a great relationship but there will be more to come so cry it out and then enjoy the rest of what life has to offer!! ^^
 
---
 
"I miss you."
 
The words that you vowed not to say when he had left a month ago suddenly slipped out of your mouth. You quickly clutched the photograph to your chest, forcing yourself to keep back the tears. It would be selfish to cry. Other people had it so much harder than you, but as one tear slipped out and then another, the dry pillow soon held a puddle of salty tears.
 
You sighed and swiped your watery eyes furiously as you sat up. Sleeping in this bed had been hard to do when it felt so big and empty. It just didn't feel like your bed anymore. You walked to the living room and flopped down on the couch. As much as your mind protested sleep, your body yearned for it. You clicked on the TV and hoped it would be a good distraction.
 
But it wasn't. Nothing good was on and the infomercials didn't keep your mind away from thinking about him. You leaned your head back, hoping to relax in your seat, but instead you remarked on how uncomfortable it was. The couch was cold and your neck was sore. It didn't fit around you like he did.
 
"With three easy payments, you get the original mega system and two sets of gift sized systems!"
 
You scowled and turned the sound down. The infomercials reminded you too much of how the two of you used to laugh at them together. He would reenact a few whenever you were down because he knew you would always cheer up afterwards. Then he would just watch you as you giggled and sometimes snorted at his great acting. Whenever you asked him why he was staring so intently, he'd respond with an answer that always made you red in the face.
 
He had a tendency of doing that. Making you nervous and flustered was his specialty. You used to be wary when he would flirt by poking your side or grabbing your hand because really, what was the point those unnecessary touches? But you soon realized that you were acutely aware of every one of his touches, whether it was a brush or a , because each one would send a spark through your skin. When he suddenly held your hand one day, a week into your more serious relationship, you knew you didn't want to let go.
 
That was two years ago and you had always known that in those two years, your life must've been too good to be true. Life has a way of fluctuating between good and bad. Without the low times, there could never be a high. But perhaps you'd been spending too much time having a good life that fate decided to throw you a curveball.
 
You groaned at the thought and grabbed your phone. You hadn't wanted meant to reach for that particular device but you needed the distraction. Dwelling on such matters wouldn't be healthy.
 
But before you knew it, you were reading old text messages that had been purposely saved for gloomy days.
 
«better hang around me more often if you don't want those guys following you (;»
 
«:$$$ don't go dissing yourself now. i think you're really pretty»
 
«i'd only date an older girl if she was as beautiful as you»
 
Those messages had made you cringe in embarrassment the first time and your reactions weren't any different now. Except, after reading them, they made you miss him a hundred times more.
 
You sobbed into the cushion but your body could barely move. You were exhausted from all the crying and you wanted to go to sleep. You wanted your mind to clear itself so you could finally find some relief. It hurt a lot without him around and you covered up most of the pain in the day by surrounding yourself with different activities but the nights were hard to get through. Being alone when you had lived contently with him for so long was too quick of a change.
 
You hauled yourself up and dragged your body into the bedroom until your head hit the pillow. You could feel sleep creeping up to you and your arm didn't even have the energy to tuck the blanket closer around you. It didn't matter. The cold was a welcome discomfort compared to the pain in your heart.
 
But when you woke up to the sound of the alarm, you were too warm. Your skin was sticky and hot and you wondered if winter had suddenly turned into summer. But there was no light reaching your eyes as you opened them with difficulty. Your hand reached up to rub away the crusty tear stains and you noticed you were constricted.
 
The alarm was turned off as you heard a groan erupt from the wall in front of you. Then you were pulled closer and you realized it wasn't a wall.
 
Your gasp came out as a sob when you looked up and saw the face of your sleeping boyfriend, holding you protectively against him. "What?" you choked out through a hoarse voice. "When... Why?"
 
His eyes opened and, with a small smile, he kissed your forehead. "Good morning."
 
"Why are you back?" you asked tentatively, hoping this wasn't a dream.
 
"I missed you," he said as he closed his eyes again and gave a content sigh. "I miss waking up with you and talking to you face to face."
 
"But you still had two more months!"
 
He shrugged and it was only then that you realized his chest was bare. "Promotions in Japan were put on hold for a week because the fans protested and said we deserved a week of vacation."
 
"And the company let you guys go?"
 
He nodded, burying his nose in your hair. "Yeah, I flew in last night and got here two hours ago." You could tell his voice was still sleepy as you wrapped your arms tightly around him. "So can we sleep in today?"
 
You nodded vigorously and shifted closer until you could hear the beat of his racing heart. It matched the speed of yours and you realized you didn't want to ever let go of him.
 
---
 
uwu i did really badly on a few of my tests so i took my stress out on this chapter. it's not too sad, is it??