When He Tries to Win a Prize for You

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

"Miss, will you be playing as well?" the staff member asked as he set up the game.

You shook your head and put a hand on your boyfriend and your friend’s shoulders. “Nah, I’m their cheerleader for today."

"All right then." The man rolled the marbles down the ramp to the players. “The objective is to get your balls into the holes with the lowest point value. As you can see, red is worth one point so try to land in there! Avoid the green, which are 30 points each. The scoreboard is to your right and you can collect your prize at the end of the game. Begin whenever you’re ready."

You clapped as the boys in front of you were poised to win. “One of you has to win that TV, okay? We’re going to bring that thing home no matter what!" you joked.

Your friend glanced at you from over his shoulder and scoffed. “Your boyfriend can do that. I’ll win you the stuffed monkey."

"Tch," your boyfriend remarked, “you want the TV, babe?"

You giggled at how competitive they were. “Yeah. If not, then at least get me the bunny plush so my monkey will have a friend."

"TV it is."

The man behind the game looked bemused as he stood there, waiting for the guys to play already.

"Yo, I got a red!" Your friend pumped his fist into the air after rolling his first marble.

"Great, four more reds and you’ll be able to get the TV." The man pointed at the scoreboard, showing you that a score of less than six points would amount to an extra large prize.

"Ah, I was so close!" Your friend shouted again. Though his second marble had rolled near a red, it landed in a yellow spot, adding another ten points to his score.

Your boyfriend patted your friend’s shoulder. “Watch the pro do it."

He rolled his marble up the ramp and it landed perfect in a green hole.

"30 points," the staff said.

There was a pause of silence before you and your friend burst out into laughter.

"Nice one, dude." You friend gave your boyfriend a pat on the back.

You wound your arms around your boyfriend’s shoulders and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “It’s okay, baby. You can still win a small prize. I don’t mind getting a small bunny."

Your friend wouldn’t stop laughing, though. “Yeah, she must be used to small things already."

The muscles in your boyfriend’s arms tensed and you held onto him tighter. “Ignore him, baby," you whispered.

In the next turn, your boyfriend’s marble landed in another green hole and you tried your hardest to stifle your laughter. He slumped in his seat as your friend hit all the low-value holes and won the stuffed monkey for you.

"I don’t mind an extra small bunny," you attempted to lift your boyfriend’s spirits.

"Sorry, miss, we don’t have extra small bunnies."

You quirked an eyebrow at the scoreboard. “Then what are the extra small prizes?"

"These." The staff member held up a basket of items from the dollar store and your boyfriend had to look away in shame. Your friend couldn’t stop laughing. In fact, he was holding to his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Mmm, I’ll take this." You picked out a circle of four glowsticks that were linked together. “Thank you!"

You held the stuffed monkey in your arms as you cracked the glowsticks to activate them.

"What else do you guys want to do?" Your friend asked.

Your boyfriend placed his hand on the small of your back and pointed at a booth beside the bubble tea stand. “There, let’s play that."

"Ha, you need to redeem yourself, don’t you?" The teasing tone in your friend’s voice made you shoot him a glare but luckily your boyfriend pretended not to hear.

"Step on up!" the booth manager’s booming voice sounded over the music that played throughout the festival. There were playing cards set up on a board behind him along with darts on the table. “The goal is to get the best combination of cards you can with these five darts. Take your aim and you can win any prize of your choosing."

"What do you want this time?" your boyfriend was leaning over the table and studying the position of the cards. He looked way too serious for a simple game like this.

"Hmm…" you scanned the collection of prizes but nothing caught your eyes. “Anything," you said finally.

He gave you an annoyed look. “You want that toy cupcake over there?" he pointed at the top corner where a cupcake plush hung.

"Yeah, it’s cute!" You smiled brightly and he seemed determined to get it for you.

You went back to cracking your glowsticks and once you were done, the boys had already played three rounds of the dart game each.

"Haha, look what I got." Your friend handed you a blue cupcake and a pink cupcake. “You guys are buying dinner for me tonight, okay?" He walked away proudly, looking to find another booth to play at.

You looked back at your boyfriend who glared at the toys in your hands. “What did you get?" you asked curiously.

He held up a lollipop.

The scowl on his face didn’t stop you from snorting in amusement. When you tried to tell him that there was nothing to be upset about, he unwrapped the lollipop and stuffed it in your mouth before stomping away.

You skipped after him, trying to hold onto everything while keeping up with his long legs. “Wait up!" you called when you managed to take the lollipop out of your mouth.

He stopped under a tree and you set down all your toys on the grass. The glowsticks were starting to glow now that the sun was almost down. You stood in front of your boyfriend and worked on them while he stayed quiet, silently brooding over his loss.

"It’s okay that you didn’t win anything," you said, carefully pulling the glowsticks apart.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned around. “You don’t have to rub it in."

"I’m not," you replied casually. You always knew he had a big ego and were used to soothing it whenever it was bruised. “I’m saying I don’t need all these big toys to be happy. I’m just glad you’re here to spend the day with me."

When you looked up to flash him a big smile, you saw him oddly eying you with a blush on his face.

"What?" you murmured and brought your hands to your lips. “I don’t have any food on my face, do I?"

He looked down at your hands. “What are you doing?’

"Oh, hold this," you ordered, handing him the lollipop. You linked three of the colourful glowsticks together and put it on your head like a crown. “I’m decorating the both of us." Then you took his wrist and wrapped the last glowstick around it. “There. See?"

You giggled when you saw that he didn’t know what to make of it. He looked a bit speechless but it didn’t matter once his lips descended on yours.

He teasingly your lips and chuckled when you moaned, “Babe, we’re still in public." You put your hand on his chest and broke away.

His tongue peeked out and his own lips as he smirked. “I’m glad I won that lollipop for you."

"Hmm?"

He stole one last kiss before taking your hand. “Your lips taste sweet. Sweeter than usual."

—-

h-h-hey sorry for mass updating then leaving then doing another mass update hah ah h a

i'm gonna put up a new fic soon with only exo one shots because i got a bunch of them that i didn't publish here ya ok see you soon