When You're Mistaken For His Younger Sister

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

"Do you want to look around while we wait for our order?" your boyfriend asked but didn’t give you much of a choice when he took your hand and led you away from the food court.

"Can we go in there?" You pointed at a stationery shop that had a display of teddy bears. “I want to see if they have anything new."

He let you eagerly run ahead of him and scan through each aisle. You stopped when you spotted a jewellery holder in the shape of a dress form. It wore a white dress that sparkled under the bright lighting of the store and you picked it up carefully.

"You should wear something like that," your boyfriend teased as he crossed his arms along your shoulders and leaned against you.

You sighed dejectedly before putting the little mannequin down. “I’m too short for nice dresses." You leaned forward to accommodate his weight and looked at a few necklaces as he rested his chin on your head, emphasizing your small size. “You’re heavy," you whined quietly.

After looking around a bit more with your boyfriend still putting most of his weight on you, the both of you decided it was time to get your food.

"I’m gonna go use the washroom. Take these and get a table for us, okay?" He said, handing you the tickets for your order.

You nodded as he strode away with his hands in his pockets and you turned to receive your food. Once you got to table, though, you began to get a little worried. Looking around, you didn’t see your boyfriend at all and couldn’t flag him down. Why was he taking so long in the washroom?

When he finally did arrive, he carried a small bag with him.

"What’s that?" you asked, breaking open your chopsticks.

He smiled brightly. “For you," he said but put the bag on the seat beside him. “Eat first and you can open it later."

You had a feeling you knew what it was but decided to keep that to yourself as you ate quickly. Near the end of the meal, you noticed a girl waiting in line for her food but she was constantly snatching glances at your boyfriend.

You looked back down at your food. “Don’t look now, but there’s some girl checking you out behind you," you muttered.

"Huh?" He turned around slowly and you sighed.

"I told you not to look." When you glanced up, you noticed that he had already turned back. “Do you know her?"

"No, never seen her before."

You shot a little glare at the girl who had the audacity to smile back at you, as if noticing you for the first time. You picked up your trash and went to the bin to throw it away. When you looked back, though, the girl was already talking to your boyfriend.

He looked a bit nervous as you came along with a fierce sneer. However, when the girl finally shifted her gaze and saw you, you didn’t feel very intimidating.

"Oh, hi there!" She smiled and introduced herself though you weren’t interested in her name. “Nice to meet you. You must be his sister, right?" She nodded at your boyfriend who was trying to hide a snicker.

You presented a smile that was polite but not friendly in the least. “Nice to meet you, too, but I’m his girlfriend, actually."

"Oh!" the girl sputtered and it gave you satisfaction to see how flustered she was. “Well, I’ll see you guys around, then!"

She walked away briskly and you looked back at your boyfriend who was shaking with laughter. “It’s not that funny…" you said, taking a seat.

He shook his head slowly with a sigh and handed you the bag beside his chair. “You’re so cute."

You made quick work of opening the white box and found exactly what you had been expecting. “I can’t believe you got me this!"

"You don’t like it?"

You smiled at the way he blanched. “No, I love it. But why?" you asked, touching the white satin that fell effortlessly from the bodice of the mannequin.

Your boyfriend leaned across the table and risked dipping his shirt into his food to kiss you on the cheek. “For letting that girl know that I’m yours."

—-

i’m not feeling this one, homies. i’m really tall amongst my friends so uh idk in what situation would there be people assuming you’re a younger sibling sorry (╯︵╰,)