When He Doesn't Believe Your Drunk Confession

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]
He couldn't possibly know how happy you were to see him.
 
"Why are you here?" His eyes were wide and you couldn't help the little giggle that rose up (or maybe it was a hiccup). He was always so cute, especially since he didn't know he'd been your crush for the longest time.
 
"To see you, of course." You pushed past him and walked into the apartment as nicely as you could. A few shoes got in the way but you managed to stumble into the living room without falling to the floor.
 
You heard a noise of disgust from behind and spun around to check out what was going on. Jeez, why is the room spinning so much? "Ugh, what's that smell?"
 
A loud laugh burst out but you didn't mind laughing obnoxiously around him. "I threw up on the way here," you informed him, leaving out the details of the trip here. Before you could register his reaction, he was tugging you by the wrist. "Where are we going?"
 
"How could you just show up like this?"
 
"Don't be so angry!" you whined as he dragged you into the bathroom.
 
"Your brother's going to kill me," he answered with a sigh while filling a cup with tap water.
 
You snorted with disbelief. "No wayyyyyy. He'd be glad I came here instead of somewhere else."
 
"I'm glad he's gone for the week. He'd probably kill you, too." He handed you the cup and ordered you to rinse your mouth. You wanted to tell him that you were glad your brother was gone too because you had some important business to do, but your crush kept talking. "Why did you suddenly decide to drink this much?"
 
You pointed to your mouth which was filled with water.
 
"Spit."
 
You spat. "Because," you replied before taking another swish of water.
 
He tapped his fingers against the bathroom counter. Heh, you liked making him wait. "C'mon, it's a Tuesday night. What kind of party did you find on a Tuesday night?"
 
You shook your head, sending out some water spittle in the process. You began to giggle but let go of the rest of the water before you could choke on it. "I drank at home."
 
He shook his head and turned around to grab a towel. "And why the hell would you do that?" he asked as he wiped your mouth delicately.
 
"Because..." You looked down, not brave enough to meet his gaze. Even though you drank until you were sick, you still didn't have enough courage to face him.
 
When you didn't answer him, he let out an exasperated sigh. "How did you get here anyway?"
 
"Mmm, I walked."
 
"Okay, something's definitely wrong with you." He let you lean on him as he lead you to the couch. Your head swam with how warm and soft his hoodie felt against your cheek. "I'll get you some hot water."
 
"Nooo!" you pulled on his sleeve and made him fall beside you on the couch. "I'm fine, I promise."
 
You could tell he didn't believe you. "You look like you're going to throw up or pass out. I don't want to have to explain to your brother why there are vomit stains on his couch."
 
You rolled your eyes and laid your chin against his shoulder just like you had always dreamed of doing. Perhaps this alcohol was finally taking effect, you thought as you took in his face. "You're such a worrywart. But you're cute when you worry." Your index finger pressed gently against the crease between his eyebrows.
 
"Thanks." He his lips and backed away until you had to sit back up.
 
"Jeez," you sneered as you crossed your arms. "I was just giving you a compliment." That was a big lie but you couldn't tell him that now.
 
He rubbed his neck nervously and looked down at the hand that hung between his knees. "Sorry," he mumbled and you rolled your eyes again.
 
"You really want to know why I drank so much?" You didn't even wait for a response. "Because I needed some courage to confess to a guy that I like, okay?"
 
That seemed to get his attention, you noticed. He turned his head towards you. "Considering you're sitting here right now, I'm guessing it didn't go too well?" he asked without any teasing in his voice.
 
You cleared the lump in your throat from realizing that he didn't even consider himself a candidate for your feelings. "I didn't do it yet."
 
"Really?"
 
You shook your head.
 
"Chickened out and came here instead?"
 
"No."
 
"Wanted some last-minute guy advice?"
 
"No."
 
"Got lost on the way to his place?"
 
"No!" You took a cushion and hit his shoulder with it. He was having too much fun with the situation now, but you weren't in the mood to be teased.
 
"Okay, okay!" he surrendered after you had hit him so much that he was laying back on the couch with his arms up in defense. You hovered over him and froze with the pillow in your hand. Jeez, you thought, his smile is really cute. "You drank a lot in order to confess to your crush but why are you here?"
 
Your bottom lip trembled with fear. How could he not know? Did he enjoy watching you suffer through utter embarrassment?
 
"Hmm?" he asked as he absentmindedly played with a loose strand of your hair. "Why are you here when you could be with the guy that you like?"
 
You whacked him with the pillow one last time. Hard. "Because you're the one that I like!"
 
You moved to the other side of the couch and turned your back to him. You expected him to come and comfort you. You expected him to scoot over and kiss you. You expected him to do anything but laugh!
 
"That's a good one. Is today my birthday or something? Why are you boosting my ego so much?" You felt his chin rest on your shoulder. "Hmm...do you owe me something?"
 
But you slumped forward, even when you should've turned your head and just kissed him. The opportunity sat right in front of you but you didn't take it. You couldn't take it. "I should've drunk more," you muttered.
 
He slowly lifted his head and you took that chance to jump off the couch. Except it wasn't such a good idea when the room spun so much.
 
Why didn't the alcohol help the pain in your chest? Why didn't the alcohol cover up your self-consciousness as you fell hard to the floor?
 
Why did your head swim so much that you couldn't even remember how your crush lifted you effortlessly into his lap?
 
He seemed to not mind the position though so you rested your head by his neck, listening to his pulse. Was it his that was racing or yours? Probably yours, considering how hot your ears were.
 
"Hey," he beckoned softly as he lifted your chin. "I hope you don't regret telling me that in the morning."
 
You cocked your head to the side. What did he mean by that?
 
"I hope I'm not taking advantage of the situation by doing this..." He leaned forward and suddenly you found his lips on yours. You tried to remember the sensation but it felt like there were fireworks going off in your head and the only thing you could think of was keeping contact with his lips. He pulled away much too soon. "But I like you too."
 
---
 
after watching my friends get drunk, i never wanna get drunk :$ sorry this one took so long but i'm finally catching up with my requests! ^^