When He Asks You to Prom feat. EXO's Kris

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

"M-May I sit here?" You stumbled with your words as you approached him. Kris looked up from his book and nodded. You pulled out the chair in front of him.

He turned back to his book.

This was harder than you thought. You had hoped to talk to him instead of spending your lunch period hiding in the washroom. He was always the quiet one at the back of the classroom with his eyes on a book. He didn’t seem to follow the crowd that was plotting your death.

A few more minutes passed as you watched him read. His reddish-brown hair was cut short but it still reflected a few gold specks as the sunlight shone in from the windows. You wondered if any girl had ever told him how nice his hair was.

You gave a mental sigh. They probably did. He was one of the handsomest men you had ever laid your eyes on and you wished you had the guts to talk to him.

Suddenly he glanced up and cleared his throat. “Is there something you need?" he asked in that deep voice of his.

You looked around, trying to think of a topic to talk about. “Um, what book are you reading?"

He seemed to be taken back by the question as he closed his book. “Nothing."

"Oh…" You were wrong. Kris was probably against you, too. An awkward silence loomed and it was just in that moment that your stomach growled. You tried to pretend nothing had happened but it was clear that he had heard. You face turned bright red.

"Why are you here anyway? Shouldn’t you be eating lunch?"

You shook your head just as another growl emerged from your stomach. “Somebody stole my lunch," you muttered in embarrassment.

Kris began digging through his bag. “Do you want to buy something from the cafeteria? I have some change you can borrow."

"No, it’s okay!" You reached over to stop him. “I don’t really want to go to the cafeteria right now."

It took a while but finally, he seemed to understand. “Are they still bothering you about the promposal?"

You nodded slowly. “Even my friends are angry that I said no to Chanyeol."

"Here," Kris said as he offered you a package of sponge cake from his bag. “I was going to save it for Chanyeol but he’s too busy crying about the rejection to eat it."

You blinked in confusion, wondering if you should take it. But another growl from your stomach told you that you should gobble down the entire thing without thinking. “Thank you," you said, tearing open the plastic and biting into the soft cake.

"Just don’t let the librarian catch you," he advised before turning back to his book.

You ate in silence, watching him again. When you were done, he was still reading and effectively ignoring you.

"Are you going to prom?" you asked quietly. You tried to sound nonchalant but you were always a horrible actor.

He looked up and gave you a look that made you feel stupid for asking. “And what would I do at prom?"

"Erm…dance?"

He was just about to laugh until he realized you were serious. “With whom?"

You didn’t have an answer.

He scoffed and just stared at you until he his lips. “Are you still going to…" he mumbled and then shook his head before turning back to his book. “Nevermind, that would ruin your reputation even more."

"My reputation?"

"You wouldn’t have a chance in hell of winning Prom Queen if you went with me," he said, keeping his voice low so you had to strain to hear it.

You bit your lip. It would certainly be nice to go with him to prom, at least better than going with Chanyeol. “I don’t care about my reputation."

"Then why are you hiding here with me?"

"I feel safer here."

He finally looked up this time. “They’re hurting you?" You noticed his fingers tighten their grip on his book.

You shook your head, not wanting him to worry. “Not yet."

He his lips again and then rubbed his neck nervously. “Are you sure you wouldn’t mind coming to prom with me?"

You cocked your head to the side. “Why would I mind?" You had rejected Chanyeol because he was such a bother in class with his booming voice and nonstop talking. But Kris, on the other hand, seemed like the perfect date.

"You don’t need a flashy promposal to make it official, do you?"

You shook your head fervently. “Please, no." Chanyeol had put on a big show for you and that was how the whole school knew you had rejected him.

"Then I guess we’re prom dates," he said with a shy smile as he held out his pinky. You stared at it, wondering what he wanted. He seemed to get more nervous as the moment lingered, and bit his lip. “Uhh… Sorry, I—"

You giggled, hooking your pinky with his. “We’re pinky swearing on this?"

Kris ducked his head in embarrassment. “What?" he asked, still not letting go of your pinky. “Do you want to make a big handshake instead?"

—-

all the promposals at my school were so lame and embarrassing, i really thought the quieter ones were cuter but a lot of girls who had boyfriends blatantly asked their boyfriends to make a big show of their promposal which i thought was pretty uncomfortable for the guys because let’s be real, 17-18yr old boys are still babies (shows jongin and sehun as evidence…hell i could use all of exo as evidence)
anyway, i tried to make kris as cheesy as i possibly could but we all know he’s supa smooth with the ladies ;) okay i lied, idk how to make this god look dorky. you’re right, he ruined out lives ;n;