When You Cuddle During Your Pregnancy

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

You pulled out the elastic that held the newspaper in a roll and stared at it in disbelief. How had a light drizzle done this much damage? The fog that loomed over the city was the aftermath of a morning of rain but you didn’t think it would amount to this.

You sniffled with disappointment as you strode into the kitchen. Your boyfriend sat on a stool, eating cereal for lunch. The two of you had just spent the entire night catching up after his weekend-long business trip and it had been taxing on both of you.

"Morning," he said as he glanced up and gave you a short peck on the lips. “You feeling okay?"

You nodded, staring down at the newspaper. “I’m fine," you lied. You had actually wanted to burst out in tear.

"It doesn’t hurt anywhere, does it?"

You smiled a little at his concern and shook your head. “You were very gentle last night."

"Really?" he stirred his cereal and thought about the previous night. “I thought it was pretty…intense."

"Hmm," you acknowledged before taking a seat across from him. “Maybe you’re getting old," you teased with a sly curve of your lips.

He set his spoon down, pretending to be offended. “I think my wife just can’t get enough of me."

"Really?"

You looked up and saw a grin on his face as he his lips. “Is that a challenge? The bed’s still warm, we could

"No," you pouted as you held up the newspaper. “I just want to read this."

A pause. “What?"

"I want to read the newspaper," you told him as you felt tears prickling your eyes, “but it’s wet!"

"I…"

You laid your cheek against the cool of the table and took a deep breath. “I can’t play Sudoku today either."

"You play Sudoku?"

"Not often but I feel like playing it today and now I can’t." You heard him laugh and looked up to shoot him a glare. “It’s not funny."

He tried to suppress it but his attempt seemed futile. “Ah, not funny, okay." He came around the table and picked you up easily, cradling you in his arms as he walked into the living room.

"It’s not fair," you protested as you buried your face into his shoulder. “How come the newspaper is ruined whenever I want to read it?"

"You can always watch the news," he informed, placing you on his lap and your stomach as you rested against his hard chest.

You gave a sigh, wondering why he would suggest that. “It’s not the same." Your voice broke as tears slipped out.

He bent low to kiss them away. “I know of some news," he murmured while playing with a strand of your hair.

"What news?" you sniffled.

"That I love you."

You gave him a sour look. “That’s new?"

"No, but there are new reasons that I love you everyday."

You touched your forehead, not sure if you wanted to hear them. “Are they embarrassing reasons?"

"Like the fact that you drool in your sleep sometimes?" He chuckled but lifted your hand from your face and kissed your cheek. “I love the way you look perfect every morning. This morning, especially."

"But my hair was so messy because of last night."

He nuzzled against your hair, breathing in your scent. “And that’s why I love it, because it reminds me of last night." When you didn’t say anything, he continued. “I also love the way you find something good in everything."

You doubted this point. “Example?"

"For example, this newspaper." He took it from your hands and threw it on the coffee table. “Who reads the newspaper anymore?"

"It’s pretty interesting, you know."

He smiled, pulling you closer until you had no choice but to hold him, too. “And last one of the day… I love the way I get to comfort you whenever you’re down."

"I…I always thought you’d be annoyed about it."

He laughed in a way that you could feel it in his chest. “I’d be annoyed if there was anybody else who comforted you like this."

You couldn’t stand it anymore and sat up to give him a proper hug. “Thank you," you whispered. 

Just then, you felt a little kick in your stomach and it made you gasp.

You looked up, just as he met your eyes. “Was that…" he asked.

You nodded and smiled brightly. “He just kicked. Did you feel it?"

Your boyfriend pulled you closer and planted a kiss on your forehead. “Yes. He must be telling us that you have nothing to worry about as long as we’re together. And you definitely don’t have to worry about that newspaper."

—-

i wrote this during the blackout so sorry that it’s pretty short. i wanted to finish it before the sun went down u_u umm can i just put a disclaimer that i’m not reliable when it comes to boys? like, i’m pretty sure they’re going to be rather peeved if you have mood swings during your pregnancy… BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM, RIGHT? ;^;