When He Confesses

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]

You found him sitting on the rocks with his arms slung over his knees. What a model pose. If it was anybody else, you would’ve thought he was a total showoff but this was him and everybody knew he was attractive. Even himself.

Even you.

You stuffed your hands further into your pockets and walked as quickly as you could across the sand. He was staring out into the sea and didn’t notice you until you call out to him.

"Hey! How did you get up there?"

He turned to your voice and smiled. “By climbing!"

You looked around for places to put your hands and feet but couldn’t find any. “Come down here!"

"Fine, but turn around," he ordered before standing up. The sun caught his silhouette and it reminded you of the manga characters you had often read about. You gave him a confused look but turned around anyway.

When you heard him land behind you, you faced him again and pouted. “Why’d you tell me to turn around?"

He rubbed his neck. “My descent isn’t very smooth," he replied nervously.

You laughed anyway. “So what did you call me for? I have a life, you know."

"I know, I know…" he trailed off as he looked to the sea.

You waited a few minutes, trying to see what he was looking at but there was only the lapping of waves along the shore. “Did you have something to tell me?"

He bit his lip, something he did whenever he was thinking. “Depends. If you can beat me at skipping rocks, I’ll tell you."

You scoffed and crossed your arms. “Sure. But in the rare case that I lose, what will happen?"

"You can decide," he shrugged casually as if he knew he would lose anyway.

You shrugged as well and went in search for a rock. A flat one that was just the right weight.

"Ready?" he asked as he stood beside you. “You go first."

You whipped the rock forward and it skipped 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… “Six! Try to beat that."

He brought the rock to his lips and kissed it, which you thought was both unnecessary and unhygienic but he needed all the luck he could get. He bent to the side and threw the rock.

You knew his score before the rock even landed in the water. “Ha, I guess I win." You smiled up at him while he stared in disbelief at his flop.

"Best two out of three," he countered and went to find another rock.

"No way! You said you’d tell me if I win."

He threw the rock anyway and, once again, it sank right into the water. He sat down on the sand and hung his head between his knees in shame.

You went and sat beside him, trying not to laugh at how bad he was at skipping rocks. “So…I’m waiting…" you teased.

After a heavy sigh, he finally spoke. “I need your help with…a girl."

"Oh!" You covered your mouth and tried not to look so shocked at his words. He wasn’t one to reveal these sorts of things and not-so-deep down, you hoped you were the girl. “I’m listening!"

He gave a humourless laugh and seemed to deflate as he stared at the sea again. “I like her…a lot. But I have no idea what she thinks of me."

You waited for more but he didn’t seem to have anything else to say. “Then you ask her, duh."

"That’s easier said than done." He rubbed his neck and turned to you with a smile. “Besides, I have a friend that likes her, too."

You let out a low whistle and rocked back and forth as you thought of something to say. “She must be pretty."

"She is."

You tried not to scowl or pout or show any sign of irritation because he was still watching you and waiting for advice. “Well, I still think you should tell her. The worst that can happen is she says no and then you can go onto another girl, right?" You tried to smile but when you turned to him, he had a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, I guess."

You sighed. “Look, I don’t want to get your hopes up but you’re a cool guy and I think any girl would be happy to have you confess to them. And even if she isn’t happy, at least you’d get it off your chest."

He his lips and nodded absentmindedly. “That’s something girls say when they reject a guy, you know."

You rolled your eyes and slapped him playfully. “I’m being serious, though. I mean, if you confessed to me, I—"

You stopped, frozen by his kiss on your cheek, and blinked in confusion. What was he doing? “You would what?" he whispered in your ear. “If I confessed to you, what would you do?"

You cleared your throat. “I-I would say… I like you, too?" you squeaked.

"Really?"

You nodded eagerly and despite the bright blush that appeared on your cheeks, you leaned in to kiss him on the lips. There was no going back now.

When you pulled away, he had a little smirk on his face before he bit his bottom lip. “Guess I don’t need girl advice anymore."

—-

i had another request like this but it was featuring kris along with chanyeol and suho and i didn’t know how to make that into a one shot >: i hope this was sufficient v___v and thank you for the love!!