When You Cuddle

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]
You rubbed your tired eyes and scanned over your speech again, making sure it was perfect. The bright screen of the laptop glared mockingly back, reminding you of the late hour. But even after writing your speech, you still had more to do. You just needed to stay awake for one more hour.

"One more hour," you told yourself with determination. But your voice seemed to have been louder than you thought and your boyfriend stirred. You had nearly forgotten that you'd been sitting in his lap the whole time that you jumped and almost dropped your laptop. No wonder you were ready to fall asleep; it was so warm and comfy in this seat.

He let out a groggy sigh and pulled you closer to his chest. "You done?" he asked as he buried his face into the crook of your neck.

You gave a light laugh at how tired he was. "I'm done my speech but I still have to update my resume." The pout that he made as he rose to playfully glare at you made you lean up and peck him on the lips. "You should go to bed."

Instead of answering, your boyfriend removed a hand that was splayed across your stomach and put his fingers to the mouse pad. You watched as he saved your document and then shut the system down. After folding it up, he placed it on the ground beside the sofa.

"Hey..." you whined though, deep down, you were actually glad he was taking you away from all the work. “I wasn't finished." But you didn't reach for the laptop anyway.

He yawned and swung his feet up as he laid his head down on the armrest, wrapping his arms possessively around you. There was no choice but to join him and let him pull you against his chest.

"Could you set the alarm to 10:00? I need to send my resume in by noon."

"Don't worry, if we get to sleep right now, we can still get in six and a half hours," he murmured as he tried to hide his chuckle. His hand reached up and your hair, making your eyelids droop. "Then maybe you'll be able to stay awake for that afternoon speech."

You curled up closer to him, relishing in his warmth. "I really hope I get that dumb job."

He scoffed and you could feel the slight jump of his body. "If you don't get this job, I'm going to go down there and threaten them to hire you."

"I wish you could do that," you murmured.

"You're the smartest and most hardworking girl I know. I don't see why they wouldn't take you."

You didn't want to argue with him because, honestly, it felt nice to get a compliment like that. Especially from your boyfriend which made a blush creep up on your face.

"And," he added, "once you get that job, we'll take a nice long vacation. I'm thinking Jeju Island or how about Japan?" His voice had picked up and he didn't seem nearly as sleepy as he had been.

You, on the other hand, could barely keep your eyes open. "Japan would be nice," you said, trying to suppress a yawn. "But I don't think we should be thinking that far ahead."

You felt him shrug. "I need to have something to think about. It's not like I can sleep anymore," he muttered.

Turning your head so that you could hear him better, you asked, "Why not?"

He chuckled and the movement sent a shiver through your spine. "My girlfriend's finally off her laptop and in my arms. Why would I want to fall asleep?"

You melted against him and smiled, closing your eyes so you could replay his words over and over. "You'd do well in marketing," you remarked.

His voice made you want to stay in this cozy position forever. "That's your job," he whispered. "After you send in that resume."
 
---
 
yoyoyo i just realized i've never written about people cuddling... bc idk what people do when they cuddle OTL usually i just cut off a chapter when a couple wants to snuggled together.