When You Find Out He's an Idol

With You and Your Bias... [indefinite hiatus]
You stood there, watching as the throng of girls created a divide between you and him. Your fingers tightened around the umbrella in your hand as you took a step back to avoid being trampled. This wasn’t how the date was supposed to go, you thought. This wasn’t how any date was supposed to end.
 
But as you watched him smiling down at the flushed faces and beaming smiles, you understood his earlier attitude. He had been so reluctant to go out with you like this but your stubborn streak had won over.
 
The two of you had been talking for six months prior. Being part of an online community never seemed like a proper way to meet a potential partner but after many late-night chats and lengthy conversations, you two had hit it off. When you finally agreed to meet him (and eventually go on a few dates with him), he had insisted that the two of you meet in private.
 
He couldn’t be with you in brightly-lit cafés or thrilling theme parks. Instead, he opted to meet you in dark movie theatres or cozy restaurants with private booths. You had thought it strange at first but it didn’t bother you until a week ago, when you asked to go to the park with him.
 
He had tried to weave his way out of going but in the end, the two of you made a compromise: he would go only Tuesday, the day that had forecasted pouring rain.
 
And now you stood here with your umbrella clutched in your hand, waiting for a chance to talk to him again and tell him that the relationship couldn’t go on. It wouldn’t work, especially with him keeping his occupation a secret from you. But instead of pushing your way closer to him, the girls who were shivering under their colourful raincoats had pushed you farther off until your feet had hit the muddy grass that marked where the sidewalk ended.
 
You should’ve been angry but it was hard when he was out there, enduring the cold whilst signing autographs with his trembling hands. He had no umbrella or raincoat, just a measly hat with which he had hoped to conceal himself. His sunglasses that you had mocked him for bringing on a day like today were also off and you could see the slight panic in his eyes.
 
Pulling the phone of your pocket, you dialed his number and waited. He seemed to have felt the vibration of his phone but, without searching for it, his gaze snapped up to find yours. You ended the call and gave a small apologetic wave before turning around. You couldn’t wait there forever.
 
Before you could even take a full step, you heard the squeals of helpless girls. You didn’t even have time to look around and check what had happened before a hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you forward.
 
“Run!”
 
The umbrella dropped out of your hand as you followed him through the park and across the street. You could hear the sloshing footsteps of girls behind you as you turned a corner and were yanked through a hidden door.
 
As you sat down on a bench beside him, you realized two cups of warm tea had been set before you. To your right, he thanked one of the waiters as he lifted his hat and shook his head around, spraying some rain on you.
 
After a few moments of listening to him ask you questions about your comfort, you finally opened your mouth to ask your own questions. “Are you…” you began but hesitated in finding the right word, “a celebrity?”
 
He sighed dejectedly and gave a humorless chuckle. “An idol,” he corrected you. Before you could say anymore, he continued. “I’m sorry about what happened out there but I'll try my best to avoid it, I promise." You noticed his fingers nervously playing with the cup of tea.
 
With a shake of your head, you spoke quietly. "I don't think you can avoid your career." You thought about the future. In the one short month that you two had been dating, your feelings for him only grew. You knew there must've been a price to pay for a guy like him. The future arguments you guys would have were likely going to be on the topic of his career.
 
"Please give this a chance," he pleaded as he took your hand and you couldn't tell whose fingers were colder. "I really like you."
 
The small confession made your cheeks warm. He had never been straightforward like this before and you couldn't help but squeeze his hand and smile. "I don't think your fans are going to like it."
 
He leaned in and whispered against your ear. "They don't have to," he murmured before placing a light kiss on your cheek.
 
---
 
wowwowow it's tough trying to stay in second person. and i hadn't intended for the bias to necessarily be an idol because i usually like au prompts better but this one was fun :D i tried to keep it short... ;-; did you guys like it or should i bring in more dialogue or what? suggestions and requests are always welcome (: ((omg guys i need some requests because i'm bad at making up short prompts without branching out and creating an entire fic from it uwu))