recovering.

Finding hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Demon language is in bold and italics.

(Jae Mi's POV)

You ran over to your appa that was lying on the ground, badly injuried. You were so scared that he was dead, His chest was not even moving and Jae Hwa almost snarled at you, stopping herself when she realised that it was you.

Tears were streaming down your cheeks and you immediately hugged Jae Hwa. You arms went around her, not caring if you were getting stained by the blood. "enough .. enough... unni.... mianhae... i'm sorry for being too weak.. Too weak to protect myself...." you whimpered, touching the scratches on her cheeks slightly.

Jae Hwa then sighed and closed her eyes, blacking out. You fell along with her, burdened by her weight and you would have fallen if not for unni's consorts. They caught you just in time and Jiyong and Tabi took over Jae Hwa and carried her away.

You crawled over to your appa and you saw how badly damaged he was. "Appa... mianhae.... Unni was trying to protect me.. mianhae.." you murmured softly and your tears fell onto his body and you markings glowed as the tears glowed as well. It landed on your appa's face and the wounds begun healing themselves and everything and his eyelids fluttered open to meet yours.

"Appa.." You whispered, happy and embraced him immediately, not caring about anything else. He slowly hugged you too, cautious and everything. "Jae Mi.. My Jae Mi... i'm so happy... "

It became a tear fest as eveyone was ao touched by the scene and eyes were wet and tears were falling.

Your harabeoji and halmeonim came towards you too and so did your omma. "Maybe there is a good thing about being part human too. She can tap into the part angel lineage in the family" your halmeonim whispered softly, seeing you. Demons were actually angels too but fallen ones and a few demons were able to tap into the angel lineage because most demons were too demonic or in their veins were only demon blood.

You stood up and held hands with your appa as your oppas made their way towarda you. They bowed to your appa and grandparents and your appa's eyes twinkled as he gave you over to them. "Your bond with them is as strong as love itself and even as strong as your sister's bond towards her consorts even without being intimate. I can see how much they really love you and perhaps there are people that do too.. but i would not mention them. Let's go see Jae Hwa." your appa mumbled.

"See if your innocent and purity could melt all those layers of walls of ice around her heart and make her Jae Hwa once more. She is becoming too demonic for her own good. maybe you could influence her in a good way." he continued.

"And Jaemi? You need to continue training because you are still too far weak to protect yourself. Your powers are only activated when you are in danger and that is very dangerous. You need to become strong so inccidents like just now would not happen again." your halmeonim mumured, looking at you.

You reached Jae Hwa's room and she was lying on the bed, exhausted with hee consorts surrounding her. They gave a small nod towards you and your family and parted way.

(Jae Hwa's POV)

I'm exhausted... Burnt out like a lightbulb... I've never been this exhausted before.. Not since that day Jaemi got taken from right under my nose... I could hear everything even though they were still in the cafeteria while I had stopped everyone from getting into my head since I was in deep sleep..

Appa... Appa is right... I'm becoming too much of a demon to even be able to love... I know the Oppas want me to change.. They truly do love me.. But I'm too much of a heartless to even be able to reciprocate the feelings..

"Yeobo-ah... We'll wait for the day to come when you can actually love us as much as we love you..." The Oppas said.. The Oppas.. My Oppas... My sweet Oppas... My consorts... The guys who accepted me for me.. The guys who saw the me that I had kept hidden behind all my walls of ice around my heart..

I heard movement and smelt the scent of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter