Awakening

Finding hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jae Mi's POV)

Unni keep shouting at you to concentrate but you could not. It was as if you could not grab that power inside of it. It was a cold fire , so powerful and yet so cold. It escaped through your grab everytime you tried to concentrate.

Why can't i do it? Why am i weak? Why cant i do it? " the thoughts ran through your mind.

Unconsciously, your tears were flowing down your cheeks as Jae Hwa kept shouting at you. JaeJoong ran over to you and shouting at Jae Hwa. You were sobbing as you blamed yourself for not being able to summon your wings. He then lunged at Jae Hwa whom easily dodged his attack. "So weak.. How are you gonna protect my dongsaeng?" laughed Jae Hwa.

"Unni...." you murmured softly.

You tried to concentrate again and when you saw Jaejoong cough out blood because of the impact, caused when Jae Hwa flung him onto the ground with her tail.

"Opppa!!" You cried, not knowing that she was actually testing you.

Something cracked inside of you, it was the flame. The power inside you. The cold fire became a raging power that flooded throughout your body. You back trembled and smoke was appearing. "Arrrgghh!" you screamed as you backbone splitted and cracked. The bones protuded out of your back. Just the bones. Tears were streaming down your cheeks. It hurted..

"Ahhhhhaahh!" you screamed as the bones splitted even more to form folds and skin was appearing, linking the bones together.

"Yeobo!" Jaejoong shouted seeing you in agony.

"No! Don't interfere.. or she could die.." Jae Hwa stopped him.

You fell to the ground, holding your shoulders as feathers appeared on the skin. Tears were now flowing down your cheeks as if they were a river. "Aaahhhh!" Your markings burned along with your back. It hurts.. Neomu apa...you thought ou, hands holding yourself on the ground. Your screams echoed down the garden, attracting your umma who dashed through the forest. "Jae Mi!"

"How long has it been?" She panted looking at you but talking to your unni.

"Five minutes." Jae Hwa replied.

"No! Stop her! Or she will die if she is still stuck in that form for too long! Jae Mi! Stop!" Your umma shouted.

You wanted to reply her but could not. The pain was too much for you to talk. "Jaejoong.. help..." you thought knowing that he could hear it.

Your bones contradicted, wanting to spread out even more. Your scream was so heartwrenching that it made Jae Hwa feel guilty to force you to make your wings appear. Your bones were stabbing through your back, wanting to spread out and blood stained your clothing.

"Help her! She can't stop it!!" Jaejoong shouted, wanting to come closer but that was a invisble shield made of air that blocked him. It was not created by any of the guys, it was you.

You screamed again as more bones cracked and came out of your back to form wings under your wings. Now they were huge and long, more than 10 times of your size.

The original was Midnight Blue and it got lighter and paler down the order until thr last parts were white, pure ivory.

Sweat drenched your body and your forehead. It was finally over.. you smiled weakly before blacking out.

"JJJJJAAAAAEEEEE!" was the last thing you heard...

(Jae Hwa's POV)

Watching Jae Mi suffering was somewhat heartbreaking for me and it made me feel guilty.. Yet for some reasons, I was extremely happy.. Being behind these barriers for so long made my demon side dominant over my human side..

Then again, I was never human to begin with.. It was just a form I took.. I'm pure evil through and through.. The moment Jae Mi out, Jae Oppa ran to her side while Omma rushed over to me seething in anger.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP HER, LEE JAE HWA!!! NOT PUSH HER TO THE EXTENT OF SELF-DESTRUCTING!!!!" Omma screamed at me while Jae Oppa glared at me.

"It's not my ing fault that THAT GIRL doesn't ing concentrate on what she's supposed to be doing instead of letting her ing emotions get the better of her!!!" I snarled back just as Jae Oppa lunged at me after getting Jae Mi onto a dry spot only to be held back by Tabi Oppa, Jiyong Oppa and Lay Oppa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter