Chapter 7

Stockholm

Regina's Pov

My alarm went off loudly and I rolled over on the bed with a sigh. "This is it. The end of my life." I groaned as I slammed my fist on the radio clock. "Why are you just now waking up?! It's like you don't want to be married. Hurry up, we need to go to hair and make-up." My mother said from my doorway. "I'm coming ma." I mumbled and stood up. "Well chop! Chop!" She clapped her hands and turned away from the door. Dennis walked in after her and smiled. "I really hate her ." We said at the same time and laughed. "Is there something you need?" I asked making up my bed. "I was just letting you know the car was here to take you to the place where girls get their hair done." He said hopping onto my freshly made bed. 

"Hair salon. It's called a hair salon Dennis." I said annoyed that he just messed up my bed. "Yeah yeah. Hurry up and go downstairs. Ma is about to-" "REGINA! GET DOWNSTAIRS NOW! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" My mother screamed at the top of her lungs. "I'M COMMING!" I screamed back and slammed my door. "She's being a bridezilla for a wedding that doesn't even want to happen and she's not even the damn bride." I grunted. "Well, you should hurry just so she can shut up and this thing can go smoothly." Dennis said standing up and patting my back. I nodded and qucikly got dressed then walked downstairs. 

"Finally!" My mother said when she saw me. "Aww, look at her. She's so happy." My cousins said rushing to give me hugs. 'I look happy? Are they blind?' I thought and smiled at them. "I'll see you guys at the church." I said rushing by them with my head down and hopping into the car. I blew out a breath and  finally looked up to tell the driver I was ready. "Ciara?! What are you doing here?" I screamed when I lsaw her sitting across from me. "I had to make sure you didn't flake. I was just about to come inside actually." She smiled. "Heh. Well, I'm here so.." I trailed off and looked out of the window.

"Here. You're going to need it." She handed me a glass of brown liquid which I quickly figured to be brandy. "What are you doing here?" I asked her after I took a sip of liquid courage. "Haeyong sent me to make sure that you showed and I came to be a helping hand." She smiled softly as she looked at her hands. "Were you this calm on your wedding day to the mob?" I joked nervously. She shook her head then looked out the window. "I was unconscious for my wedding. I woke up married to Daesung and it started off rocky. He showed me that I could trust him and I eventually fell in love with him. I was lucky to get him out of everyone. I'm not sure what I would do if I had never met him." She admitted.

"What happened to your face?" I asked bluntly. She laughed then touched it softly. "Amber happened. I tried to kill her and she gave me this. I look at it as a long over due parting gift." She chuckled at her inside joke then looked at me. "Jihoon will take care of you and he is wiling to help me and Daesung. I hope you aren't weak because there will be lots of bloodshed." I nodded then let out a shaky breath when the car stopped. "We're here miss." The driver said before he got out the limo to open my door. "I'll see you after the ceremony." Ciara said as I got out.

"Sure." I replied then made my way up the church steps. I quickly made my way to the back when my bridesmaids were and began getting ready. My cousin came in and did my hair in beautiful waterfall curls then did a simple yet elegant make up style to my face. "You look amazing girl." He said wiping away an imaginary tear. I gave him a half smile then watched the girls happily run around the room like chickens with their heads cut off. "Gina, what's wrong?" He asked quietly. "Nothing Devon." I said back softly. "I know you, something's not right." He pegged. "I just feel like something is going to ruin the day." I hinted.

"Last I heard Hector was still in jail. His mama ain' post his bail yet so don't worry about him showing up. Just go up there and marry that fine man you kept a secret for so long." He laughed. "Yeah." I agreed to get him off my case. My mother came into the room and started barking orders at everyone, destroying everyone's besides mine, happy mood. "Everyone get out and get ready to walk! You should've gone on a diet Dina. Someone please cover Basali's face with more make up. You should just place a bag over your face Hannah. Why aren't you dressed yet Regina?! The wedding starts in 10 minutes!" She screamed at me.

"Aunt Tina, you need to calm it down. This is Regina's day. Not yours and these girls look beautiful." Devon expressed angrily. "Why are you even here Devon? No gay parade today? She needs to be ready by the time I come back." She replied then walked out of the room. Devon and the girls looked at me sadly then tried to talk at once."Regina-" I shook my head and told everyone to get ready and I'd see them later. "You all look beautiful and I'm glad you're here Devon. I'll be out shortly." I smiled then ushered them out of the room. I stood up and slowly went to put on my dress then looked in the wall length mirror. "Wow. You're so beautiful." I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see Daesung and Ciara standing at the door with kind smiles on their faces.

"Thank you. What are you doing back here?" I said and turned to face them. "We just wanted to make sure that you had everything you needed. Ci-ci told me that she gave you a little drink before you got here." He smiled at his wife and squeezed her hand. "How are you two so loving? Knowing that you wouldn't even be together if your uncle hadn't forced the both of you?" I asked curiously. "Although we hate him, we must thank him for setting us up. I would have never met Daesung if it wasn't for his uncle. I cannot be completely angry at a man who led me to my destiny but I am sure that my husband wouldn't even bat an eye if I killed his uncle. Being with Daesung makes me happy. I'm sure that Jihoon will make you feel the same way." She giggled.

"Jihoon? Are we talking about the same Jihoon who makes me want to rip out my heart and die a slow and painful death?" I snorted. "The one and only." Daesung laughed loudly. "We'll see you after the wedding." Ciara hugged me tightly then gave me kiss on the cheek. Daesung leaned in to do the same thing when Ciara popped on the side of his head. "What do you think you were doing?" She said crossing her arms. "I was about to give her a kiss like you did." He answered, clearly not seeing the problem. I laughed and shook my head as Ciara dragged Daesung out of the room by his ear. Dennis came in behind them and cleared his throat.

"Um, It's time." I sighed then pulled my shoulders back and held my head high. "Let's get this over with." I huffed and latched my arm with his. "You can back out of this G. You can just run away while the bridesmaids are walking. No one will ever know." He instructed. "No one except us. Hi, we haven't formally met. I'm Amber Jung. Jihoon's step mother." An older woman with bright red hair and matching freckles said from behind a large vase of flowers. "My my. You are beautiful and my god, that dress is perfect on you. I'm starting to think my husband has a for woman of African decent. Which makes me question why he even married me in the first place." She went on.

"I'm not going to run. I told him I'd go through with everything and that's exactly what I plan on doing." I vowed. She nodded her head then motioned towards the doors. "Then what are you waiting for? I do wish he had done more to your brother. Shame. He'd make a nice pool boy but then again, if only I had a pool." She taunted then walked back where she came. The doors opened and everyone stood out of their seats and looked at me. "Fuuuc-" I clamped my mouth shut and slapped on a smile. "Well don't you look nice?" Jihoon whispered when Dennis gave me away to him. I pinched his hand and stood near the Reverend.

"We have gathered here to day to join two families together; The Holmes and The Jung's, in holy matrimony." He said loudly. I zoned out until it was time for me to speak. "Do you Regina Holmes, take Jihoon Jung to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked me. I looked at Jihoon then huffed lowly. "I do." The Reverend nodded then asked Jihoon the same thing. "I do." Jihoon looked at me strange then held my hands a little less tightly. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride." The reverend said happily. Jihoon lifted my veil and stared at me for a moment before crashing his lips on mine. I felt a spark and melted into the kiss. When we broke away I could hear everyone cheering for us.

We walked out of the church with fake smiles and waved at everyone until we got inside the limo then we quickly broke apart. "So, how was I? As good a kisser as you dreamed?" He joked then took off his tie. "I never dreamed of kissing you. You weren't horrible but it's something that I'd much rather not do ever again." I replied looking out the window. "Yeah yeah. You liked it." He laughed. "Who were the groomsmen?" I asked changing the subject. "Hired actors. Well, actually they were some homeless guys I saw on the street. I offered them a job and a permanent place to stay and boom. I have 9 groomsmen." He said nonchalantly. "You gave them a job and a place to stay?" I said in disbelief.

"Yeah. I needed them and they needed me. It was a win-win for everyone." He smiled, clearly confused as to why I was so shocked. "Is everyone one on your side an actor?" I asked slightly interested. "Nope. My grandmother, a few uncles and some cousins are here for business and decided to come support me." He nodded his head like a little kid. I laughed at his expression and shook my head. "When we get in here, we have to mingle and look touchy feely. That's what newlyweds do. I think, I'm just going by the movies. Maybe we can consummate this marriage before we get to the reception hall?" He wiggled his eye brows suggestively. "No." I said crossing my legs and shooting daggers at him.

"Fine. Have it your way." He smirked. The rest of the ride was silent and I sat in my thoughts until we arrived at the reception hall. "You really did look beautiful today Reggie. I mean, Regina." Jihoon suddenly said then got out of the limo. He stuck his hand back inside and waited for me to take it. "Thank you." I whispered as I got out and latched on to him. "How good of an actress are you?" He asked. "Why?" I looked at him confused. "Because my grandmother wants to dance with you. Look happy." He said letting go of my hand and spinning me towards an elderly woman. She immediately grabbed my hand and began dancing with me.

I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm and broken English. All night I was passed to random family members on both his side and my side. I was actually enjoying myself when I suddenly saw Hudson sitting at a table not to far from me. As one of Jihoon's uncles spun me around, I looked for Jihoon to tell him that Hudson had snuck in. "It's time for the bride and groom's first dance." The DJ announced over the speaker. Jihoon's uncle let me go and gave me to Jihoon with a respectful bow. "Hudson's here." I whispered when he pulled me close. "Where?" He asked in the same tone of voice. "He's sitting at a table. How'd he get in?" I said looking around for him. I found him in the same spot, staring at me while drinking a glass of champagne. "Spin me around so we've traded spots. He's at the table behind you." I mumbled then tightened my grip on his shoulders. "Smile when I do what I'm about to do." He said then spun me around then ended it with a dip with us changing sides. The crowd went wild and I gave them a phony laugh. He brought me up and held me close again. "How did he get in?" He questioned no one in particular.