Chapter 15

Stockholm
Jihoon's Pov

"Jihoon. Please don't do this." Reggie cried. "Do what?" I asked softly. She ran a hand over my cheek and scream in horror. I felt the area around me sinking and I couldn't do anything about it. "Don't leave me! Stop. Jihoon! Nooooo! I need you. Please don't go." She sobbed. I tried to reach out for her again but couldn't. "Regina!" I jumped in my sleep and panted. I looked around the room then remembered my surroundings. I laid back down and sighed. She was fine. I have no idea what that dream meant but I'll ignore it for now. I have bigger things on my mind, like how I had just extracted information from the woman lying beside me. I looked over and rolled my eyes. Instead of seeing brown hair with sun kissed highlights, I saw bleach blonde hair. The warm brown skin I grew accustom to in the last month was replaced by pale skin with a slight tan. Although the woman in my bed had curves, she didn't have anything on the ones in my head. "You still up?" She groaned as she opened her eyes. "Yeah. Can't sleep." I replied. "Oh? I can help with that. Another round perhaps?" She her lips and straddled me. "No. I'm tired." I said moving her off of me. "What's with you? Usually you're up for round 12 but now you don't even want to go for a second one? Is this about HER?" She sneered. "No. I'm just tired." I repeated. "No. No, this is about that you married. Why can't you just leave her and be with me? Hm? I know you don't love her and I know she doesn't please you the way that I do. Come on Hoonie. Leave your wife and be with me." She taunted as she ran a long nail down my side.

"No. You know nothing of my relationship with my wife. I am not leaving her for you." I growled. She scoffed and sat up. "Apparently its not going well if you're in my bed. Come on Hoonie. I bet she isn't even a good ." She laughed loudly. I grabbed her by the neck and climbed on top of her. "Shut the up. I'm only here because she's out of town. Don't forget your place Maya. She is a Jung and you'd be smart to remember that." I released and stood up. "Only by name. She isn't worthy of the title. 'Mrs. Jung Jihoon', that should be me!" She screamed as I put my clothes back on. "But it isn't, is it? I'm ending this now. I should've done it a while ago." I fixed my tie in the mirror and watched her horror stricken face. "No. I'm sorry! I won't say anything bad about her ever again. Please." She begged with tears in her eyes. "I need to give myself to her completely. I can't do that if I'm here with you. Goodbye Maya. "

I left the room and headed down to the lobby of the hotel and waited for my car to arrive. I caught the glances of a few women and nodded my head in appreciation. As soon as I was inside my car I called my father and let him know the deed was done. "So, has she told you anything useful Jihoon?" He asked bored. "She told me its her father and uncle who wants to compete." I answered. "Good. Good. With Daesung gone, I need you to be my right hand man. We're flying to Thailand at the end of the week to test out a new product. We will be gone for a month so pack heavy. See you then." He hung up the phone. I sat back in my seat and played with the ring on my finger. It has never meant much to me until now. I'd be going home to an empty house and for once I wasn't ecstatic about it. Its only been a few days and I was already missing the loud music and watching her swing on the swings or listening to her attempt to learn Korean. I rolled my eyes then started my car and drove to the bar.

I walked inside and was quickly led to the back. "The usual Jung?" Lenny asked. He owned the bar and a piece of the stock in my father's business. It's what kept him afloat in a country where Blacks were feared. The old war vet was someone I considered a friend. "Yeah." I said then sat down at a round table. "So, where's your wife?" He asked as soon as he put my drink on the table. "Now Lenny, you know I could have you killed for even thinking about my wife. Why would you wanna bring her up?" I rose a brow at the older man. ". I've known you since you were a boy, I'll ask whatever the I want and I expect an answer." He countered. I rose my glass to him and laughed. "She's visiting family back in the states." I said taking a sip of my vodka. "She kick yo yet boy? Heard she mean. Don't like killings or none of it. Show me what she look like." He smiled. I huffed and pulled out my phone then showed her to him.

"Damn. She is a pretty little thing. How did she end up with yo ugly ?" He cackled. "Laugh it up old man. We didn't want to marry, it was arranged. Thank Haeyong for that." I looked at her picture and smiled a little. I had caught her in a rare moment of happiness when she was dancing to her music and snapped a picture. "You done caught feelins for er haven't you?" Lenny asked softly. I shook my head and downed the rest of my drink."Don't lie to me Jihoon. I know you better than ya think I do. She will either be your downfall or the reason you still stand. A woman like her might be both. She'll tear you down then build you up better than before. I tell ya, I can see it already. She's changin ya boy." Lenny patted my back then pulled out some folders. "Here's everything ya grandma wanted to know about the fellas that's been following your wife. This here is Jemimah Holmes, her father. Hasn't been in her life long. Too busy chasin tail than be a father." He sneered. I went to question him but thought better of it.

"This is her partner. Hudson Lopes. A little nutty around the edges. Now, there's a mystery man who I cannot find a single bit of information on. Whoever he is, he has strong connections." Lenny handed me the papers and sat back. "You will be greatly rewarded Lenny." I said as I looked over the files. "Thank you much but I'd much rather get a peak at that wife of yours." He hinted. "You're going to have to wait a while. She's all the way in Chicago. Safe and sound." I laughed then stood up. He mumbled then walked back to the front of the bar. "Just make sure to bring her in boy. Now leave. You scare my patrons." He waved me out quickly then went back to work.

I drove towards my grandmother's house and waited for the gates to open. "She's been expecting you." A guard smirked then allowed me to pass through. I drove to the front then tossed my keys to a chauffeur. "Jihoon." My grandmother hissed my name as soon as I walked into her study. "Yes?" I bit back a smile when she hobbled over to me. "You send my granddaughter away without telling me? I'd give you a lashing but it would be useless. Did Lenny come through?" She asked while giving me a hug. "Yes grandmother. Here is all the papers." I gave her the folders and watched her flip through them. "Good. I want to know why they are so obsessed with her." She hummed as she read. "You should be enjoying life, not worried about this Poona." I sighed. She looked at me amused for using her real name and sat down the paper. "I've been doing this since before your father was thought of. I plan on doing it until I die. I understand your concerned but please don't doubt me. You've seen what I can do." I nodded and relaxed.

"Ji, do you love me?" She suddenly asked. "Of course. Why would you question it?" I frowned. "Do me a favor. Get out of this life. I never wanted this for my family. I want you to grow old and have a big family without having to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life." She held my hands tightly and looked into my eyes. "Grandma I-" The ringing from my phone cut off the moment and made me frown. "He never calls me." I mumbled and pulled out my phone. "Who never calls you?" She asked, fully alert. "Haeyong." I answered before picking up the call. "We leave tonight. Things have been pushed up. Meet me at the airport in five hours. Don't be late." He demanded then hung up the phone. I placed the phone back in my jacket then kissed her cheek. "I have to go. We'll talk when I get back. Arraso?" I smiled at her. "Ne. Bring my granddaughter with you next time. Daesung brings Ciara and the twins all the time. I'm getting old. I want at least two more grandchildren before I go." She smirked. "Yah! You aren't old! Minzy should be giving you grandchildren. Not me." I pouted playfully. "Both of you give me great grandchildren!" She shouted seriously. "I will try my best ok? I have to go." I kissed her again then left.

I packed my clothes then ate a silent dinner. Usually Reggie would talk about something random to fill the silence but since she was gone, there was no need. Dammit, she's been gone for a day and I already miss her like crazy. I found myself in her room, browsing at the little trinkets she collected with a smile. Maybe we can start over when she comes back. I thought happily. I sat on her bed and stretched out to catch a little bit of sleep when I felt a piece of paper under her pillow. I began to open it up but stopped when I realized I was invading her privacy. I slid the paper back underneath the pillow when I saw my name written on a folded piece. "What is this?" I wondered aloud bringing it back to the open. I jumped at the sound of my phone then quickly shoved the note back.

I checked the time then quickly got off the bed. I had 30minutes to get to the airport and get on the plane and I was an hour away. "Dammit. I'm late." I ran downstairs to get my luggage but saw that Phill had already placed it in the car. "I thought I said to leave?" I frowned. "I am leaving sir. This was my last thing to do before I went home. Have a nice trip sir." He bowed then went to his car. I locked up the house then flew like a bat out of hell to the airport. I made it with 5 minutes to spare. "You're here. Let's go." My father said as soon as he saw me. I followed behind him and had a strange feeling that someone was calling my name. I turned around to see if I recognized anyone but didn't. "What is the hold up?" My father asked annoyed. "Nothing sir." I replied then got on the plane after him. We settled in our seats and didn't talk. "How is the marriage coming along Jihoon?" He suddenly asked. "It is fine father." I said quietly. "Good. If she becomes too much just kill her. I'll have another woman replace her quickly." He said cooly. I gritted my teeth and gave him a strained smile. "That won't be necessary father." He looked at me strangely then shrugged. "If you say so but know this, she will never love you back." He gave me a knowing look then laid his head on the seat. I sighed then copied his action. "This is going to be a long trip" I thought tiredly.