Chapter 5

Stockholm

 

Regina's Pov

"Come on Reggie, one more stop and then I'm taking you home." Jihoon shouted out of the window of the car. "Stop calling me that!" I whispered as I slid in the car. He sped off before I could get my seatbelt on and door shut. Luckily for me the light turned red and he slowed down enough for me to safely lock myself inside the car. "What the is wrong with you?! I could've died!" I screamed at him. "But you didn't." Was all he said before speeding again. I checked the time on my phone and noticed that time had gone by fast. I've already spent 3 hours with him and that's because he drove to places that were far apart. "I need to be back before 5." I said looking out the window. "Yeah yeah." He mumbled and made a sharp turn into a small area. He drove slowly and made a turn on a dirt road. It felt like we were on the same path for hours when it was only a few minutes.

   The path revealed an extravagant building with a strong gate protecting it. Jihoon pulled up to the gate and said something in another language to a guard. The gate opened up and we were able to pass. "Where are we?" I asked looking around. "This is where we do the wedding stuff." He sighed and parked. I got out and followed him to the doors and squeaked when a man in a tiny suit popped up beside me and took my hand. "He's going to lead you to wedding dresses and planning. Remember to get a hanbok." Jihoon said as he was lead to another area. The man in the tiny suit didn't say a word as he led me to a dark room. I began to get frightened until I heard a light switch come on. One by one, lights revealed beautiful gowns and shoes. There was about a hundred dresses hanging on the wall. "Please have a seat. Mrs. Kang will be with you shortly." He bowed and left the room.

    "Hello. I am Ciara Kang. Congratulations on your wedding." A tall woman said coming from the back of the room. "Thanks." I said looking around. "Which one did they set you up with?" She asked sitting down at a desk and motioning for me to sit as well. "Excuse me?" I asked wide eyed. "I only do mob weddings so don't be worried around me." She said with a kind smile. "Jihoon.." I said watching her reaction. "Ah, that's my husband's cousin. He's fine once you get past his brick wall. Now, let's plan this wedding." She said changing the subject. I picked out the first dress that she showed me and picked a colorful hanbok out of the second pile. "I will send invitations out tonight. I'd say welcome to the family but this isn't that kind of occasion." She laughed and shook my hand. I met Jihoon at the front door and sat in the car in silence. "The next time I see you, you'll be at a church and becoming my wife." He grimaced as he dropped me off at my house. "I don't want this either." I said slamming the door and walking inside my house.

    I spotted Dennis on the couch sleeping and sighed. Even though it was his fault I was in this mess, I couldn't stay mad at him. I placed a blanket over him and went to freshen up. My phone began ringing and I huffed in annoyance. "Yes Hector?" I answered as I retouched my hair and make-up. "Just making sure you were alright. I drove past your house and you weren't home. I thought something had happened." He sounded relieved. "Why would you think that?" I asked slightly distracted by a piece of hair that wouldn't stay down. "Maybe someone forced you to spend the day with them and plan a wedding or something?" He laughed. I froze and placed the flat irons down slowly. "What?" I asked sounding calmer than I felt. "I don't know. It just sounds like something that could happen. I watch lifetime Regina." He laughed. I shook off the weird feeling and told him I'd see him at the event.

   I finished my hair and got into my car. As soon as I arrived he popped up beside me with a wide grin. "Hey! Didn't think you'd show up." Hector said popping up beside me. "Jesus! You scared the out of me!" I spun around and faced him with a slight frown. "Sorry,but hey. You made it." He laughed. "Why wouldn't I make it to my own event Hector?" I asked walking quickly. "So where were you today? Did you have a date or something?" He said in a strange tone I couldn't understand. "That's for me to know and for you to never find out." I said playfully and walking on stage and to the podium. "Welcome to the third annual fundraiser! I'm glad that so many people came out tonight to support us and the children across America. This year we have planned something different. We have created all new source codes and encryption for NioCorp. These new additions will make the Internet faster, easier, and safer. From one tiny microchip, you can access more memory and extensions on your computers. With every purchase made, half of the proceeds will go to building better schools for underprivileged Americans. I hope you will enjoy the rest of the evening and take a look at what we have to offer." I said smiling at the crowd.

   "Well done Regina. I'd like to purchase two of these chips." Hudson's mother said hugging me. "Really? Thank you Mrs. Lopes." I said returning the hug. I felt a pair of eyes on me and turned to see Jihoon staring at me with a smirk on his face. He gave a little wave and faced the woman in front of him. "Excuse me a moment Mrs. Lopes." I said walking away from the older woman without waiting for a reply. "What are you doing here?" I whispered angrily. "It's a charity event. I didn't know it would be yours or that you were the nerd who created it." He spoke coolly and looked around the room. "Gina! Gina!" Hudson called my named from across the room and made his way over. "Whose the tool?" Jihoon questioned as Hudson neared us. "He's my business partner. Hey Hudson. Is there something i can do for you?" I said greeting the man in question. "Hey, I was looking for you. We've made 53 sale already. Can we, um. Talk? Alone?" He said looking at Jihoon strangely. "Sure. I'll be back." I said walking away with Hudson. "We've known each other for a while and I think we should celebrate our sale!" He said grinning. "Yeah, we should." I said returning his grin.

"I was thinking you and I should be in a relationship. We'll be a power couple. What do you think?" He asked boldly. "Well I can't. I'm kind of seeing someone right now." I said looking down. He scoffed and looked at Jihoon and the flock of women around him. "Him? Ha! You didn't even tell me his name. He's no one Gina. You can drop him and get with me." He replied cockily. "Are you feeling alright? You're not acting like yourself." I said feeling his forehead which turned out to be a huge mistake. I had forgotten about the ring and tried to pull my hand away before he noticed. Too late. "Gina? What is this?" He asked confused. I laughed and tried to think of a good reason I'd be wearing an engagement ring. "It's a ring silly." I said gently taking my hand back. "I know it's a ring but why are you wearing an engagement ring?" He said through a clenched jaw. I was interrupted by the sound of a microphone screeching. I turned to see Jihoon standing on stage with Mrs. Lopes. "Oh no. Oh no. No no no no no. Please don't do this Jihoon!" I whispered to myself as I made my way towards them. I made eye contact with Jihoon and he gave me a wink before he stood next to the podium. 

Jihoon's Pov

"Here is the top buyer of NioCorp's new product! Mr. Jung has already bought 56 shares. He owns many companies in Korea, Vietnam and some parts of the states that needed something exactly like this. Regina? Please come up here to greet Mr. Jung!" Mrs. Lopes said happily. Regina slowly climbed the stairs and made her way towards us. "Come on Regina, don't be shy now. I know he's handsome but I assure you he's friendly." Mrs. Lopes said into the speaker and caused the room to erupt with laughter. I saw Regina mutter '' under her breath and let out a laugh. She finally made her way towards us and shook my head.

   "Thank you for buying our new microchip Mr. Jung. The children would also like to thank you for donating as well." She said smiling. I noticed the light glinted off of her ring and tried to warn her. Mrs. Lopes stood in front of the podium again and started talking. "Reggie, your ring is attracting the light." I said through a tight lipped smile as I faced the crowd. "Stop calling me Reggie ." She replied back in the same manner. I rolled my eyes and shifted my foot a bit. "Fine. Reg. Whatever. Put your hand over your ring. The cameraman might see it and zoom in on it." I whispered. "What?" She whispered back. "I SAID hide your ring with your other hand. The cameraman is starring at us and he'll notice it soon Regg-" I stopped talking as soon as I saw her ring on the projector. "." I said loudly as people started mumbling. "Regina? Who is the lucky man that got you to say yes?" Mrs. Lopes asked her.

   "Huh? What are you guys talking about?" Regina replied clueless. "Your ring hun! It's stunning!" She gushed. Realization smacked Regina hard and she held her breath and froze. "Darling? Well aren't you going to reveal the lucky man?" Mrs. Lopes egged. I saw her tool of a son heading towards the stage as if he were about to announce it was him. "We wanted to keep it out of the public eye, but I am her fiancè." I said smiling and winking at Hudson who stopped in his tracks. "You are?! This is wonderful! When's the wedding?" Mrs. Lopes asked excitedly. "It's on the 31st." I said holding onto Regina's hand in a loving manner. "Ooh! A Halloween wedding? This has now turned into an engagement party!" She shouted. While everyone was talking amongst themselves, I grabbed Regina's hand and headed out the back door.

    "Hey! Snap out of it. We're out of the spotlight now." I said clapping my hands in her face. She shook her head and slapped my hands away. "Why the does this day keeps getting worse?!" She shouted and kicked a trash can. The back door busted open and an angry Hudson appeared. "You're marrying THIS GUY?! What about us Gina? Did you forget the nights we shared together!" He shouted at Regina. I looked between both of them and listened. "Hudson. We only worked together. What are you talking about?" She asked confused. "Remember when someone broke into your house and I showed up? That was fate. Or when you got a flat tire by the side of the road and I happened to be going the same way? That was fate. What about the time your neighbor flirted with you and couldn't take a hint? I took care of that for you. That was fate." He stressed breathing heavily. Regina backed away from him a little and I became more alert.

    "H-Hudson. No one has seen Jeremy for a year. Did you do something to him?" She asked holding her chest. "He needed to be dealt with. He gave you flowers that you were allergic to. You almost died, it was either his life or yours. I chose his." He said coming closer. I pulled Regina behind me and took my gun from it's hidden spot in my jacket. "How did you get that by security?!" Regina yelled in my ear. "Jung way remember? You need to leave." I said to Hudson. "What are you going to do? Shoot me?" Hudson laughed. I shrugged and shot near his ear. "!" Hudson screamed and held his bleeding ear. "You made my eardrum burst!" He said running back into the building. "We need to leave. Mama's boy might come back out and kill us both." I laughed. "He's been following me around. I never noticed it. This is ing scary and you're making jokes?! I need a ing drink. Now." Regina said panicking. "Let's go. I hear sirens." I said grabbing her hand and sneaking back to my car.