Chapter 20

Stockholm

 

Regina’s pov

"See who again?" I asked myself out loud and backed up. I shook my head then jumped when I heard something slam on the door. I ran into the bedroom and skid across the floor then scrambled to stand back up. "We have to leave. Fast." I said as I shut the door to the bedroom then locked it. Jihoon hung up his phone then looked for a way to escape. "How are we gonna get out? The only way is the window and we’re in the eighth floor." He groaned. I rushed towards the windows and yanked one open then jumped out. "Reggie!" He shouted in fear. I stood up on the balcony and shushed him. "Shut up . Want us to get caught? Get the out here." I hissed. I moved out if the way so he could get out and rolled my eyes when he hesitated.

I pulled him out of the window and grabbed his bags then shut the window slowly. “I don’t think this is a good idea.” He complained as I put the bags around me and counted the balconies. “Well, you could always go back inside and let whoever that was slice you up like holiday ham and I can tell everyone that you died like a .” I snapped and climbed on top of the ledge and jumped to reach the next one, still angry from earlier. “Where are we gonna go?” He asked worriedly and looked over the balcony then blanched. “The roof. I think if we climb, we should be able to reach it. We’re only a few floors away. We need to move before he catches on.” I pulled myself over the ledge and waited for him to catch up.

"Even the hell did I marry Catwoman?" He laughed, slightly nervous as he followed my lead. "October 31st. I was a rebellious teenager with ty parents." I replied as I shimmied until I was on another balcony. He followed suit and looked impressed. "Nice. Your y level keeps rising Reg." He complimented. "We don’t have time for this." I rolled my eyes then checked to see if we were being followed yet. We climbed the last remaining balconies and sighed in relief. "About time." Jihoon panted. I flipped him off then tried to open the door. I tugged on it again and frowned. "It’s stuck." I huffed then sneezed. I tried to pull on the door again but felt my energy depleting. "Let me try." Jihoon said coming closer. I ignored him and kept pulling on the door and coughing loudly.

 

Jihoon’s pov

"You’re such a hard ." I said as I shoved her out of the way and pulled on the door as hard as I could. "Dammit. It’s locked. It’s about to snow and you’re still in wet clothes. You have the best ideas." I said sarcastically. " you. You were thinking about staying in the room where the ing bell hop was about to kill us!" She yelled then opens up a hidden bottle if mini vodka and took a sip. "This is better? We’re going to freeze to death up here. Your lips are already turning purple." I chided. "I’d rather die than stay here with you." She spat coldly then tossed her drink in my face. I felt a shiver in my body, not from the cold or the drink she thew on me, but her words. She shook her head then walked towards a huge rock to rest.

 

I leaned against the door while she sat near a vent to keep warm. “Do you really wish you were dead than be here with me?” I asked after a while. She ignored me a moment then nodded her head. “I do. I wish you left me there to die.” She said lowly. The door suddenly opened and a couple came through laughing. They stopped when they saw us and blushed. “We were just um..” One of the guys tried to explain but I held up my hand. “We get it. We’re gonna get out of your way.” I smiled and held the door open so they could come out and we could go in. “Get a cinderblock or something. This thing locks from the inside.” Regina said sweetly. The other guy nodded then grabbed a large tick and waited for us to go inside. “Have fun!” We said in unison then rushed to the elevators.

I called the pilot to the jet again to make sure he was nearby then looked at Reggie who looked pale. “Change into something dry from my bag.” I said nudging her. She slid to the floor with her eyes closed and sighed. “I’m too tired to do it.” She mumbled. “You alright?” I asked bending down in front of her. She stared at me for a moment then nodded. “I will be.” She gave me a soft smile then touched my cheek. I flinched back a bit because she was just pissed at me. She was still unpredictable right now. We heard the elevator ding and stood up. I walked to the concierge and asked for my car to be brought to the front.

“You two are the cutest couple.” One of the clerk’s said after she noticed Reggie lay her head on my arm. “Thanks.” I smiled then led Reggie to the car. “You should her then talk me you didn’t since she said you were cute.” She mumbled lowly. “What the is your problem? What happened at that ing warehouse because this new you is pissing me off.” I demanded. Her face dropped and she stopped walking. “I can’t get in there with you.” She whispered. “We don’t have time for this Regina. Let’s go.” I grabbed her arm and started for the truck again.

 

“Let me go. Please. You’re hurting me Jihoon.” She begged. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I didn’t think I was pulling you roughly.” I tried to explain. “Please. I promise I won’t do anything to make you mad ever again. Please let me go Jihoon. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” She sobbed loudly. “What? What’s going on?” I said facing her completely and holding her face. “I’m sorry.” She whispered with tears in her eyes. Before I could say something else, a cop came over to us. “Is there a problem ma’am?” He asked looking at her. “Nothing is wrong.” Answered and tried to hide her behind me.

 

“I was speaking to the lady.” He sneered. “She’s guide. Go protect a bubble gum machine or something.” I said rolling my eyes and pulling her towards the truck again. “I’m doing this for you.” She whispered then tried to pull away again. “What the he’ll are you talking about? Stop pulling Regina. We have to leave.” I growled. I felt a sick on my back and dropped to the ground, taking her with me. “I can’t let you die idiot.” She whispered then kissed my cheek. I watched as an officer pulled her from under me and another pull me up and cuff me.

 

“I’m fine officer. He’s not usually like this. He’s been really stressed lately because his father is stuck and he had to take over the company. I just want him to sober up so we can go home.” She lied to the officer. “Do you want to press charges?” He asked and touched her arm to long for my liking. I inwardly growled and tried to move again but the officer who handcuffed me zapped me again. “Please don’t hurt him! He’s not in his right mind right now. He’s usually sweet and kind but as I told you before, he’s under a lot of stress. He’ll be fine in the morning.” She says rushing to my side.

 

“I’ll be back for you in the morning ok?”She said softly to me. “What are you doing Reg?”I slurred. “Saving you.” She touched my cheek lightly then kissed me deeply and backed away. “Do you need help getting home?” The touchy officer asked her. “No sir. Please take care of him. I can’t lose him.” She gave me one last look then got into the truck and quickly took off. ‘What the heel is going in and when did she get the keys?’ I thought as I was put into the back of the squad car. “You have a beautiful wife. Now why would you want to hurt something so innocent and soft and addictive?” The touchy cop asked looking at me through the rearview mirror.

 

“You might want to watch what you say about my wife unless you’re tired of living.” I threatened calmly. “Ohhhh. Though want to hit me like you hit your wife?” He laughed. “I never hit Reggie. I would never lay a handful hand on her. Let me go you idiots. I’m not drunk.” I huffed. “You reek of alcohol site. There’s no need to administer a breathalyzer test.” The other officer inputted. I signed then sat back in the seat and stared out the window. ‘What ever the you’re doing better be worth it.’ I thought.