Chapter 19

Stockholm

(Sorry ahead of time for spelling and grammatical errors. I'm mobile..as usual.)

 

Regina's pov

 

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and a silent room. "Ji? Where are you?" I called while I yawned and stretched. I waited for a moment but got no answer. He said he would never leave me. I began to panic and ran around the suite until I heard the shower running. I made my way to the door and pushed it open slowly. All the stream made it hard for me to breathe but I kept walking.

 

"Please be him. Please be him." I repeated to myself add my hand slowly made contact with the shower curtain. I took a deep breath despite the thick humidity and yanked the curtain back. I saw Jihoon standing under the water with his eyes closed and his hand rapidly moving up and down . "Jihoon?" I whispered softly as I looked at over his body. He was truly a work of art.

 

He jumped at the sound of my voice then tried to cover himself. "What are you doing?" He demanded and turned to the dude do I could no longer see his front. Remembering my fear, I began tearing up. "I thought you had left me. I thought that I had imagined the rescue and everything since then." I trembled. He sighed then pulled me into a side hug. "I'm not going anywhere Reggie. I'm here and you're safe." He whispered and looked into my eyes.

 

"But for how long?" I countered and hugged his back tighter. "Your father and Hudson have been disposed. What more do you have to be afraid of?" He asked. "The people after you." I said as I wiped the hair out of my eyes. "I love you too much to let something like this happen again. I promise to protect you with my life." He declared. "You what?" I gasped in shock. He realized his skip then froze for half a second.

 

"I said that I care about you too much to let it happen again. Excuse me." He pulled away from me then grabbed a towel and walked out of the shower. "That's not what you said. You just said you loved me...we're you serious?" I asked add I started at him in confusion. He died off then covered his backside and walked away without answering me. I quickly turned off the shower and followed after him. 

 

I found him in the bedroom already half dressed in a pair of snug fitting sweatpants and socks. "Do you love me?" I asked again. "Of course I care about you." He answered with his back to me. "Why did you come back for me? Why did you save me?" I demanded and stood in front of him. "Would you rather have me let them kill you? You depend on me to save your life." He clenched his jaws tightly then walked around me.

 

I spun around too quickly and fell on the floor. I had forgotten that the floor was linoleum and that I was still soaked. I hoped back up and followed him to the living room. "I don't depend on you for . I'm not a damsel in distress Jihoon! I don't need you to save me still the time." I snapped and flapped my arms around, accidentally spreading water all over him. "Apparently you do! I've killed more people in the last three months I've known you than since I joined the ing mob! I know you've strong. I've seen it but you are a damsel Regina. You are my damsel and if you are in distress, whenever and wherever you need me, I will be there." He said leaning over me.

 

"I don't need you to save me. You do it because your father needs me for something." I sneered. His face contorted painfully and he backed away. "Don't you get it? When have I ever ignored the fact that you needed me? I'm not doing this because of my father. If you can't see that I'm here for you then maybe I shouldn't be." He growled and yanked a t-shirt over his head. He began tossing clothes back into his duffle bag and slipped on his shoes.

 

"Where are you going?" I felt all my anger slip away and be replaced by fear. "I'm going home. You can do whatever you want here." He said as he kept putting his clothes in the bag without looking up. "You cheated on me." I said lowly. He stopped passing and faced me. "What?" He frowned. "You cheated on me and now you say you care about me. You are such a liar. Does this mean anything to you?" I sniffled and held up my hand with my wedding ring. 

 

His face went hard and be smirked. "Nope. It's just a contract. Nothing more." He grabbed his bags then headed for the door. My shoulders sagged as I say on the atm if the couch and watched him pause. "I never cheated on you." He said loudly. "I heard he tell my father that you did. There's no point in lying anymore." I sighed. "Why would she real your father?" He spun around surprised. "Why did it matter? You still ed someone else!" I screamed and let the tears fall.

 

He threw down his bags then pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "We have a problem." He hissed over the receiver. I rolled my eyes then wiped then free if tears as I waited for him to acknowledge me again. He glanced up at me then switched languages. "Seriously? I haven't learned much Korean yet. Hang up the goddamn phone Jung Jihoon." I demanded as I grabbed a mini vodka out of the fridge.

 

He walked into the bedroom and locked the door behind him. "Son of a !" I grabbed the closest thing to me and flung it at the door. The pillow fell off the door weakly and landed on the floor the same time the front door rattled. I slowly stood up and looked out of the peephole to find roomservice standing there with a tray of food. "Sir? Ma'am? Mind opening the door? I have a lot of deliveries today." The man smiled.

 

I jumped back then rushed to the bedroom and tried to open the door. I took a Bobby pin from my hair then picked the door. Jihoon was still on the phone, pacing around the room. "There's someone at the door." I whispered. "So open it ." He said shooing me out of the room then paused. "Did you order anything?" I asked looking back at the door. "No. Did you?" He asked frowning.

 

I went back to the door and looked out of the peephole to see the man on the phone and other people on the side of the door, waiting for his command. I put my ear to the door and tried to listen to his conversation. "He's inside but he won't come to the door. The girl is with him as well. Shall I kill him and take her as ransom for Haeyong?" He asked someone on the phone. He nodded his head then smiled. "Yes sir. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you again and be free of the Jung's." He laughed.