Chapter 4

Stockholm

 

Regina's Pov

I woke up on two hours of sleep and groaned. Last night's events flashed into my mind all at once and gave me a headache. "Dennis? You still here?" I called out as I made my way to the spare bedroom that he had claimed as his own. I saw the bed was made up and a note laid on top. 'G, I left early to go job hunting. I want to make you proud and try to find a way out of this deal, legally. I fixed you some breakfast. Love you, Denny'. I folded the note and headed for the kitchen to find that his idea of cooking breakfast was pouring a box of cocoa puffs in a bowl and a glass of milk. I quickly ate and took a long shower. "I just want to make a lil something you can get ready to, ready to." My phone blared loudly, killing the quietness of the morning. I turned off the shower and walked briskly to answer the phone. "Hello?" I droned when I answered. "Regina? Oh good. You're up. I was thinking that we could go to the function together?" Hector asked. Hector Lopes, my business partner of NioCorp. The best choice of a partner that I was ever going to get in Chicago for my line of work. It wasn't that I hated him, oh no. He was a great guy but a little possessive of something that wasn't his. Me. "No, its ok Hector. We'll meet up." I said preparing to hang up.

"Regina, I can bring you. It's no problem. This is our big night as a couple." He laughed. "A couple?" I frowned. "A-a couple of business partners." He stuttered. "Yeah, I'll see you later." I said hanging up without waiting for a reply. I resumed my shower and heard a loud knock on the door. "!" I turned off the shower for a second time. Figuring I wasn't going to get a full shower in, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body. Once again I didn't look out of the peephole and once again, JJ was standing at my door. "It hasn't even been a day and you said you'd be here in three. What do you want?" I asked crossing my arms and frowning. "Well, I just wanted to make sure you didn't skip town and we need to handle some business before I leave town tomorrow." He said sliding past me. I noted that he made sure not to touch me, which I was beyond grateful for. I closed the door and sighed as he went straight for the dining room and sat down. "I'm busy today so..." I trailed off hoping he'd leave. "I am too. Look, I need you for a few hours then you can go back to doing whatever it is that you do." He said as he scrolled through his phone. "What could you POSSIBLY need me for? I'm already being forced to marry you." I leaned against the wall and clenched my jaw. "If you must know, we have wedding details that need to be smoothed out. An American wedding for you and a traditional Korean wedding for me. Before you ask why, we have to have two weddings because it shows a sign of respect to both of the...lovers." He flinched at the last word.

"We can't just do a Justice of the Peace wedding? It's not even a real wedding. I don't want to get married and I don't want to marry you." I said clutching the forgotten towel closer to my body. "I don't want to marry you either sweetheart. Look, get dressed so we can leave. The quicker we do any of this, the quicker we can be done with each other's presence." He said clapping his hands in a degrading manner. I rolled my eyes and held his stare. "I can't. I have an event to go to tonight. We'll have to reschedule." He shook his head no and put down his phone. "I have one too. Some nerd company made something extremely beneficial for me. Hurry up and get dressed. I won't say it again." He said in a voice that held no room for argument. I stomped into my room and quickly straightened my hair and put on a form fitting dress. I grabbed my jacket, purse, shoes, and headed out of the room. "You clean up nicely. Let's go." He said as he pushed his seat back in and held the front door open for me. I turned back around and locked up muttering curse words about the whole situation. I looked up and saw him holding the car door open for me with a smile on his face. I ducked under his arm and got inside when he suddenly grabbed the seatbelt and tried to buckle it for me. "What are you doing? I'm not helpless. I got this. Get in the car." I said as I snatched the seatbelt from him. He did as I said and started the car. I kept my eyes on the road until I saw we were slowing down at a DMV. He got out of the car without looking back and stood by the door. I slowly got out of the car and glared at him. "What are we doing here?" I asked. "You need a passport." He said as he started walking to the building

. "I already have one and besides. I thought we were supposed to leave by the end of the month? It takes about 3 months to get the passport. Here it takes 6." I shrugged the arm he placed on my hip away. "You need one with your new name." He said standing in a short line. I grabbed a registration sheet but he shook his head no. "'Mr. Jung. To the last teller please." The overhead called. We walked to the isolated teller and waited for her to speak. "What can I do for you Mr. Jung?" An elderly woman asked nicely. "Hello Mrs. Womack. I need a passport for my wife. Today. Do you think you can do it?" He asked softly. "Of course. What is your name dear?" She asked me. "Regina Holmes." I said looking in between the two. "Not anymore. Please face the camera and smile." She said pointing to a webcam. I cleared my throat and smiled until the flash came on. I saw JJ smirking and dropped my smile. "Don't you need my other information?" I asked leaning on the counter a little. "Nope. I just needed your name. The rest of your information popped up when I entered your name." She said as her fingers typed furiously on the computer keys. "How long will this ta-" she cut me off by handing me my passport with a cute smile. "Done Mrs. Jung." She said winking. "I will make sure your husband is well taken care off Mrs. Shah. Thank you." JJ said with a bow and led me out of the building. "What was that? Is that little old lady in the mob too?!" I shouted loudly. "Gee, I don't think Canada heard you." He snapped and walk to the car. I looked around worried that someone heard me and rushed to the car after him.

 

Jihoon's Pov 

"Is she in the mob too? What did you mean by her husband will be 'well taken care of'? Are you going to kill him?" Regina whispered. "Now you chose to whisper? No. Now shut the up." I said dialing a number into my phone and calling it. "Don't tell me to shut up ." She spat and turned in her seat to look out the window. "Hello? May I speak to Mr. Shah's doctor? Thank you. I am sending more money. Please make sure he is well and that all his needs are met. Goodbye." I hung up my phone and turned the car on. I gave Regina a side glance and smirked when I saw her frown get smaller. I drove to a ring shop and waited for Regina's reaction. "Whoa. Wait a minute. Why are we here? Can't we get regular bands or something?" She asked with wide eyes. "No. My stepmother would have a fit. 'That is NOT the Jung way. Jihoon, you are much too modest. Flaunt money. Flashy is classy'." I mimicked in a whiny voice. She let a laugh slip out before her face harden back up. "Fine. Let's go. I have an event tonight remember?" She said stepping out of the car. We walked inside the store and went straight for the counter.

"We'd like to look at your engagement and wedding rings." I said to the pretty blonde woman behind the counter. "Of course sir." She said. She went to the back and Regina trailed away from me to another counter. The clerk came back with two buttons undone and her showing. "Here you are sir." She leaned over the counted and placed the display down. "Thank you." I said kindly and looked at the rings. I looked around for Regina and spotted her looking at the older styled rings. "Regina? Would you come over here for a moment?" I asked. She hesitated for a second but made her way towards me. She looked at the rings for some time and shrugged her shoulders. "Something older than?" I motioned to her previous spot. She shrugged her shoulders again and walked back. The clerk followed and stood impatiently behind the counter. "I'd like to see this one." Regina pointed to a simple black diamond ring with intricate swirls on the band. "This old thing? It's been here since the store opened 30 years ago. Here." She tossed it in Regina's direction and laughed. "Excuse me, what is your problem?" Regina asked slightly losing her cool. "Nothing, I just don't think your kind should mix. He should be with someone of a higher...degree." She smirked.

"Does your employer know how you talk to customers? I wonder what would happen if I told my mother how rude her employees are. She wouldn't mind if I handled it, I'm sure." I said playing with a strand of Regina's hair. "Y-you're Jung Jihoon?! I-i'm so sorry. I don't usually say things like that. P-please don't say anything to your mother." She said tearing up. "Hmm. Reggie, what do you say? Does she get to keep her job or no? It's up to you." I lazily said. "Uh...it was a mistake that will never happen again. Right?" She hinted to the girl. "Yes! Y-yes! It will never happen again. I promise. Please don't hurt me." She cried. "Fine. Size our rings please." I said handing her my choice of wedding ring and a ring that had similar qualities as the engagement ring Regina picked out. The clerk quickly ran to the back and I walked away. I felt eyes on me and smiled. "The longer you stare, the more I know you find me attractive. I might just burst into flames Reg." I heard her smack her lips and grunt. "Don't call me that and I don't find you all that attractive." I laughed and faced her again as the clerk came back out with her shirt buttoned all the way up. "Ah, but you DO find me attractive Reg." I winked. The clerk went to hand her the rings when I intercepted. "Allow me." I said as I slipped the ring on her finger. She held my gaze for a moment and looked away blushing. Laughing, I dropped her hand and walked out of the store.