Chapter 9: The Cave

I Will Protect You

 

Kyuhyun's Pov

 

 

 

Me and Changmin made our way through the beach, onto the north side of it, making sure that the hyungs didn't catch us incase they forbid us to go. We managed to get there without anyone noticing we were gone. We stared at the cave from the outside, looking up at it to see how big and dark it really was .

 

 

"Are you sure it's safe?"

 

 

"Don't worry like I said, I'll protect you." He repeated, grabbing onto my hand, holding it tight as we entered the dark cave. I started fidgeting as we went in, getting deeper and deeper into the save as the darkness now took over the light. "Do you want me to light something so it won't be as dark?" He asked me, I nodded my head, unable to speak as I was too scared. He took out a pocket lighter, switching it one as he looked for something to light so he wouldn't been to keep the lighter on. He told me to wait for him at the stop I was standing in as he went to look for something. Luckily for me, it wasn't long until he was back by my side. "Here you go, nice and bright" He said as he held onto a massive wooden stick, lit on fire.

 

 

"Thank you.." I gave a weak smile, I was feeling better as the path we were walking in was now more clearer. Suddenly we heard a cracking noise, echoing throughout the tunnel and bouncing back to our ear drums.

 

 

"Who's there!?" Changmin shouted, looking back and forth, there was no reply but the cracking noise continued. "Show yourself!" A man in a black cloak appeared before us, Changmin pushed me back behind him. "Stay behind me." Changmin whispered "What do you want?!"  The man kept quiet, he was more well built then us, taller too as the black cloak draped over his body with a hood that covered his face.

He lifted his finger, pointing at something, someone, me... What he wanted, who he wanted was me...The man started to walk forward, slowly as the clang of his shoes echoed in the dark cave. Changmin pushed me further back, as we took small steps backwards to avoid getting the man head on.

 

 

"Changmin...." I called out to him

 

 

"Don't worry, like I said, I'll protect you." He turned back a bit, giving me a smile.

 

 

"But..." Before i could say anything, the man in the black cloak ran to us, charging at Changmin head on. He went in for a punch to the head but Changmin blocked it. The wooden stick fell onto the ground and had gone out, making the darkness of the cave come back once again. I took a while for us to get use to the dark but luckily our eyes adjusted to it, however, for Changmin to fight in the dark, wasn't the best. Changmin grabbed onto his arm into a lock, moving behind him and kicked the man down, threatening to break his arm, Changmin shouted

 

 

"WHO ARE YOU?!" The man said nothing, Changmin was starting to get impatient. He leaned into remove the hood from the man but just as he leaned in, the man rolled onto him back, gabbing a hold of Changmin in a head lock and punching his stomach with a full force. "Arrg!" he coughed.

 

 

"CHANGMIN!" I shouted, running over to him.

 

 

"Kyuhyun, stand back!" He pushed me away. He stood up slowly as the man stood a metre away from him, unharmed. "You bastard..." Changmin ran in for a kick, sliding down to aim for the man's knee. The man jumped up behind Changmin, kicking him on the back. "Arrgg!" Changmin once again started coughing, as he was repeatedly kicked. After about a dozen kicks, the man stepped on Changmin's ribs as he kicked Changmin to lie on this back. "ARRGGGGGG!" Only Changmin's shouts could be heard.

 

 

The man took a breath "If you want to live, give me the boy." He pointed at me again.

 

 

"Ne...ver.." The man lifted his leg, ready for another kick.

 

 

"CHANGMIN!" I heard Yoochun hyung shout, he ran over to us with a light, Junsu hyung with him as Yoochun hyung ran to save Changmin and Junsu hyung to me. Yoochun hyung kicked the man in the stomach, before kneeling down to Changmin, grabbing him. It seems that Changmin was now unconscious. Yoochun hyung eyed Junsu hyung, telling him to get me out of the cave while the man was still getting up. Luckily Siwon hyung ran in and seeing Changmin's condition, saw what was going on.

He ran to the man, punching him, only for the man to block all of them. The man bent down, and spun into a kick, Siwon hyung back flipped back to escape from him.

 

 

"Yoochun!" Jaejoong hyung came in.

 

 

"Jaejoong,. take Changmin and Kyuhyun outside, it's safer there." He told him, Jaejoong hyung had to obey. Hi grabbed onto Changmin.

 

 

"Kyuhyun follow me."

 

 

"But..." I looked back to where Yoochun and Siwon hyung was fighting

 

 

"Don't worry about them, they'll be fine." I looked over at Junsu hyung who gave me a smile, telling me to go. I nodded following Jaejoong hyung outside.

 

 

"KYUHYUN!" Someone called out to me, giving me a big hug. "Where did you go!?" He let go of me, pinching my cheeks.

 

 

"I'm sorry Heechul Umma... I wanted to...go...to the cave...so I got...Changmin to come...with me..." He let go of my cheeks, pouting.

 

 

"You should have asked me to come with you! Where's Changmin?" He looked around, I pointed at Changmin where he was lying on the ground, surrounded by the older hyungs like Leeteuk, Kangin, Hangeng Appa, Yunho and Jaejoong hyung. "What happened to him?!" Heechul umma ran over.

 

 

"They were ambushed inside the cave. Fighting in the dark isn't Changmin's specialty..." The rest stood back as Leeteuk hyung took care of Changmin, being the closest doctor there. All I could do was pray for Changmin, knowing it was all my fault he's so badly injured...

 

 

 

Yoochun's Pov

 

 

By the is, the three of us were already tired, panting for air as me and Siwon stood side by sided from each other, the man in front of us The man looked around, getting his breath back. What is he thinking? then, it got to me.

 

 

"JUNSU WATCH OUT!" I shouted. Me and Siwon ran to Junsu once we figure out what was going to happen but the man was one step ahead of us, this caused Junsu to drop the light, it was dark and nothing could be seen.

 

 

"JUNSU! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Siwon called out. It had been around 3 minutes now as the light still hasn't come back on. Finally, the light was lit again with Junsu's help.

 

 

"Are you ok?" I ran to him.

 

 

"Yup! Never better." He smiled, I realised that his other hand was full of blood.

 

 

"What's that?" I grabbed onto his hand

 

 

"Does it hurt?" Siwon asked, looking at the blood on Junsu's hand.

 

 

"Oh...That man charged at me...I was a little surprised and kinda grabbed onto his arm... I think I did something and well, hurt him a little..hehe..." He laughed. We made our way out of the cave, me giving myself a not to self: Never surprise Junsu.

 

 

"Are you ok?!" Ryeowook ran to us, looking around to see if we were injured in any way.

 

 

"We're fine. Junsu needs some water to wipe the blood of his hand"  I told him.

 

 

"BLOOD?!" Ryeowook jumped over to Junsu.

 

 

"Don't worry, it's not mine, it was the enemy's"

 

 

"Ah, ok. I'll go get you a bottle of water."  He ran over to the picnik area and grabbed a bottle of water.

 

 

"We should go back now, Changmin needs his rest, luckily he wasn't badly injured so there's no need to operate." Leeteuk told us. We all helped pack up while Kibum helped put Changmin into the car without causing extra damage on him.

I saw Leeteuk next to the car by himself as he packed everything away. I went over to him.

 

 

"How badly injured is he, really... I know you're lying...I can tell." I told him, he looked at me with a confused face, only to finally give in.

 

 

"He's not as badly injured as I thought, like I said. But his bones are broken, it will be hard for him to do a lot of things for a while whilst he heals. Most likely will be bedridden for some time.... but he'll manage to do everything again once he's fully healed."

 

 

"I see... I wonder who's going to be the one to tell him that he won't be able to move properly for some time..."

 

 

"It will be either Yunho or Jaejoong, if worse comes to worse, we'll have to tell Kyuhyun..."

 

 

 

 

 

ALKSHDLAKHFSKHFG Alice updated! As a present to you all (I wont tell you why for the sudden present), Alice shall update ALL of her ficcies! lakf;askhf;alg So wait for me!! :D

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3