Chapter 10: Waiting

I Will Protect You

 

Jaejoong's Pov

 

 

 

I watched as Kyuhyun rested his head against Kibum's shoulders, Kibum wasn't much of a comforter but seeing Kyuhyun like this...

We sat on the sofa in the living room since Leeteuk hyung banned us from visiting Changmin for now even though he was said to be "not that badly hurt" I knew that something was wrong but I didn't want to dig too deep into it., it's been over 4 hours now since we've came back. Food was left on the table as me, Junsu, Sungmin and Ryeowook begged everyone to take a bite to eat... Not even Shindong took something from that table. I went over to Kyuhyun, his hair. I gave the signal to Kibum that he can stop and let me take over since Heechul and Hangeng went to search for the old man in the black cloak.

 

 

"Kyuhyun ah... Everything will be ok." I whispered as me and Kibum swapped places, this time I let him rest on my lap. "Shhh..." I heard his sobs slowly disappear. I sang a slow, soothing song as I continued to his hair, soon enough, light snores could be heard from him as he fell asleep on my lap. I slowly moved away, attempting to put him back in his bed so he can sleep better.

 

 

"Give him to me, I'm sure you're already tired." I gave Kyuhyun over to Siwon since I was pretty tired. I followed him to Kyuhyun's room in the pension. Siwon put Kyuhyun slowly and carefully down onto his bed while I helped move Kyuhyun's blanket, putting it on his as he laid down on his bed. We watched him for a bit, my mind kept wondering back to Leeteuk and my 6th sense telling me something was wrong.

 

 

"Siwon..." I called him, my voice was quiet so I wasn't even sure he heard me.

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Do you think Leeteuk was telling the truth... I mean about Changmin's condition..." There was a silence as I finished talking, I'm guessing Siwon was thinking about his answer.

 

 

"Don't worry...I'm sure Changmin's fine...Leeteuk hyung won't lie to us, just don't think too much. If you do, you'll worry everyone else, especially Kyuhyun." I nodded, my eye adverted back to Kyuhyun. "You should go to sleep, you must be tired."

 

 

"Ok..Good night"

 

 

"Good night" I left Kyuhyun's room and went over to mine and Yunho's shared room, I opened to door.

 

 

"Hey" Yunho greeted me.

 

 

"Hey" I replied, tiredly. I walked over to the cream sheeted bed where Yunho was sitting. I laid down on the other side, back first as I stared at the ceiling.

 

 

"Tired?" He moved over to me, giving me a hug.

 

 

"Very.."

 

 

"Go to sleep then, I'll be sleeping a little later. Good night~" He gave me a kiss on the forehead, moving over to the desk in front and settled down to do this work.. I'm guessing it was SM trades unit since Changmin's injured, Yunho will have a lot to do... The hospitals have been a bit busy so far... and of course the school, it's only really been the policing area and music industry that hasn't had many work to take care of with the workers in those fields...

We don't usually have such short conversations but I'm guessing he's also 'grieving' about Changmin since he was like a son to us and him being in this condition.

With my mind clouded with so many thoughts and my body soon feeling tired, I decided to leave everything and fall asleep.

 

 

 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

 

 

No one's Pov

 

 

Dream~~~

 

 

"RUN! Quickly! Quickly Jaejoong!" Yunho shouted, the two of them held hands, running as the sky was dark making it harder for them to find their way around. The two ran as their lives depended on it.

 

 

"I'm tired...." Jaejoong said, stopping as he was out of breath and panting.

 

 

"Jaejoong..." Yunho went over to him, hugging the 6 year old in his arms. "I know you're tired... I am too... but we need to go!"

 

 

"THEY WENT THIS WAY!" Yunho heard the sound of one of the people who were chasing them, looking back at where they came from, he could already see the lights coming from the flash lights the people were holding.

 

 

"QUICK! Jaejoong! This way!" Yunho grabbed onto Jaejoong's hand, running into a small alleyway located on the west. The voices of the chasers got nearer but the 2 little boys kept running, even though they were tired as hell, they couldn't stop now...not if they want to survive. Yunho and Jaejoong turned East...bad idea...

The alleyway led to a dead end, they tired to go back but it was no use. The chasers had already caught up with them, each carrying one kind of weapon they could us to hit them with.

 

 

"Yunho...What do we do!?" Jaejoong panicked calling out for the other.

 

 

"It ok Jaejoong, just stand behind me." Yunho moved forward, shielding Jaejoong, putting on a brave face.

 

 

"We don't want to hurt you!" One of the guys said, smirking then chewing on his chewing gum "We just want that boy, if you give him to us, we will live you go without a scratch." He spat his gum out on the floor.

 

 

"NO! OVER MY DEAD BODY!" The man's smirk turned upside down, pissed off at Yunho's stubborn-ness to protect Jaejoong. They were young anyway, they could easily kill then, never mind hurt them.

 

 

"Then let that be." The guy gave a hand signal, the people behind him started moving in, getting closer and closer to Yunho and Jaejoong. Yunho kept Jaejoong on his tail, making sure he wasn't going to get hurt unlike if he were to stand out.

 

 

"Kill him but keep the other one alive." The man said. Yunho could feel Jaejoong shaking behind him, there had to be another way to get out of here! Yunho got ready for the attack, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to do much since he was only 6 years old and compared to the man in front of him, he was nothing...Just another poor child homeless and in need of food and shelter.

The person in front of him lifted his baseball bat, ready to swing it down, Yunho wanted to hit him or counter in some way but he was too afraid, instead he closed his eyes, shielding his face. A minute had passed but nothing...no scream, no pain, no attack.

 

 

"Yunho...look!" Jaejoong's voice made Yunho open his eyes, in front of him was another man, not that old, around mid 20s. He held onto the man who was directly in front of him's with with the bat. The others behind were already defeated and unconscious, lying on the floor. The man twisted the other's arm, releasing the bat and hit him at the back of the other's head, ultimately knocking him out.

 

 

"Don't worry, we aren't here to hurt you." His voice was deep and smooth, ringing in Yunho and Jaejoong's eyes in a good way. They saw the man's face, gentle and kind was what they got from it. The man held out his hand, the two were both hesitant about taking it. That was until they saw him....

A little boy, just a bit younger then them, behind the man popped him head out, he was grabbing on the man's trouser, looking at the two, he was scared and curious at the same time, popping his head back and forth over and over again.

"This is my son, Cho Kyuhyun, I'm Cho Yong Joon. Sorry for the late introduction." The two looked at each other, they knew who the Cho's were, everyone knew. They were know to be kind and gentle, rich and famous. Yunho smiled at Jaejoong, telling him that everything was going to be fine. They were now safe...

He kept them safe, letting them stay in another house, well, it was more like a mansion... There were already other boys in the mansion, Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul and Hangeng to be exact. They told each other about their experience and how it was Cho Yong Joon who saved then and offered to let them live with him. All of them at first, didn't want to, but as soon as they saw Kyuhyun, they knew everything was going to be ok. The house they lived in were different to where Cho Yong Joon was living,it was located not too far from them but the Cho family wouldn't be living with them directly. Every now and then, they would get visits from Cho Yong Joon himself, sometimes with or without Kyuhyun, seeing that everything was fine and telling them about his plan to save little kids and invite them into his home. They each agreed, telling him that once they grow a bit older, they would come with him to find kids in danger and explain everything to them. Everything was perfect, more people came in.... that was until the death of Sir Cho... 

 

 

 

End of Dream~

 

 

 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

 

 

Jaejoong's Pov

 

 

I woke up, breathing heavily at the sight of those chasers. Why did I remember that... -sigh- I looked around, finding Yunho sleeping peacefully beside me. I smiled to myself, hopping out of bed. It was still early but it was time for me to get up if I were to cook for so many people. I wanted to take a sneak peak at Changmin to see how he was doing but I thought it was best not to. I got ready, brushing my teeth and freshening up.

I made my way to the kitchen but it seemed that someone else had beat me to it.

 

 

"Ryeowook, what are you doing up so early?" I asked him.

 

 

"Good morning Jaejoong hyung! I thought that it would be best to help out with breakfast since there is a lot of us and don't want you to over work yourself." I smiled at him, earning one back, we started making breakfast together. Me putting my apron on first and washing my hand.

 

 

"Jaejoong hyung..." I heard him call me.

 

 

"Yes? What's wrong?"

 

 

"Do you think Leeteuk hyung was telling the truth..I mean...about Changmin's condition." M yeye's shot open as he asked me the same thing I asked Siwon yesterday. Does he know...what I'm thinking?

 

 

"Don't worry. Leeteuk would neve lie to us!" I smiled at him as I sturred the seeweed soup.

 

 

"But..but what if he is!.. He's not letting us see Changmin..doesn't that make you ask why?" He looked down, cutting the carrots.

 

 

"Don't worry too much about it Ryeowook, I'm sure he'll let us meet him soon. If you keep worrying, you'll worry the others too, especially Kyuhyun...and don't forget Yesung." It was silent for a minute as all you could hear was the sound of chopping.

 

 

"You're right.. We'll have to wait.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:OOOOOO He's a little insight on how Yunho and Jaejoong came to live with Cho Yong Joon and how they are so grateful to him to the point they are willing to sacrifice so much to protect Kyuhyun~ :D Should I write the rest as the story continues? :3

akshfalkfhladk Soo, it turns out Yunho and Jaejoong already knew each other from when they were children!

:O OMO! Jaejoong and Ryeowook are starting to question! I wonder what's going to happen next! Stay tuned xD

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3