Chapter 16: Found Out?

I Will Protect You

 

 

Changmin’s Pov

 

 

 

My mind couldn’t stop wondering what it meant. ‘Disposed of’ What are they talking about? Kyuhyun was clearly here and still alive. I wanted to ask Siwon hyung about it but if I did, he’ll know what I did. He’ll kill me since I promised everyone I would never go back to that place again.

Sometime had gone passed, it was now dinner time. As usual I sat next to Kyuhyun, Kibum on the other side, sandwiching Kyuhyun in between us.  My eyes kept moving over to Siwon hyung. I tried to pry to off but a minute later it would go back on him. I could see Kibum look at me weirdly, as if asking me what is wrong. I didn’t want to tell him but he is the only one I can tell. Sooner or later, everyone will catch on, they will know I am acting weird. And that starts with Jaejoong Umma.

 

 

 

“Minnie? Are you ok? You’ve hardly eaten anything…” I looked down at my plate. He was right, I barely ate anything. This time it was Kyuhyun giving me a worried look. I smiled at them, shaking my head.

 

 

 

“I’m fine, it nothing. I’m just a bit sleepy.” I lied and faked a yawn.

 

 

 

“Ok… If you’re really tried, finish up and go to sleep, ok?” I nodded my head, carrying on with my dinner since Jaejoong umma hates it when people don't finish food that he's cooked. Once again my eyes searched for Siwon hyung. My eyes stopped, registering what he was doing. Every facial expression, every movement stuck in my head. God knows how long it was. My stare seemed to have a mind of its own. This time, Siwon hyung noticed. Our eyes met, he looked at me confused and worried at the same time. I shook my head, blinking a few times before looking down at my plate and continued to eat. Quickly, I finished what was left on my plate, scoffing it down like I usually do which seemed to lighten the mood a bit as get thought I was back to my old self.

 

 

 

“I’m done. I’ll be going to time room now. Kibum, mind if you help me?” I tried to act normal which didn’t really fit the word ‘normal’. Everyone was looking at me with worry again but less. I flashed them a smile, trying to reassure them. Kibum nodded, stepping out of his chair. I wheeled myself away, both of us leaving the dining room.

 

 

 

“You ok?” He asked me as we left the dining room, knowing we were far enough for no one to hear our conversation.

 

 

 

“I need to tell you something. It might take some time so I suggest you finish your dinner once you help me upstairs.” I told him.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry about it, I was already done.” I nodded, allowing him to take me up the stairs by first lifting me of the chair and taking it up before helping me walk up the stairs. It was a long process by it did the job. I was now upstairs and back on my chair, wheeling myself to my room with Kibum following behind. I made sure he closed the door behind, locking it before we started our talk.

 

 

 

“I looked there…” I started, Kibum nodded, making his way over to my bed before sitting down on it. He made himself comfortable; I wheeled myself so my chair was facing directly at him, locking the wheels down.

 

 

 

“What did you find?” He asked. I sighed, shaking my head.

 

 

 

“Nothing about Choi Minho but something worse than that.” Kibum looked at me confused. I sighed again.

“I looked around and found nothing about Munho so I decided to search up on Kyuhyun and well... I found something about him.” Kibum’s body stiffened ever so slightly to the point I was just about to make out such an action. My throat closed up, I could say it but I had to.

“I looked him up and read his file. It said he was disposed of according to he Seoul police that is." I watched as Kibum’s face change ever so slowly. From calm he went to confused, from confused he went to angry before ultimately stand up in one swift motion. I knew where he was going, to Siwon hyung of course.

 

 

 

 

“Wait here.” He told me, I’ve never heard his voice so serious before. Not around me that is. He was always less serious around me than with he hyungs. He walked away from me, making his way to my door.

 

 

 

“Stop! You know what he’s going to do!” I grabbed onto Kibum’s wrist, stopping him from moving out of my room. He stopped for a bit and then turned his head around over his shoulder. He looked at me for a bit before turning away. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

 

 

 

“Fine… I’ll give it some time… but what do we do now?” He made his way back onto my bed, sitting on the same spot. He crossed his arms, in deep concentration.

 

 

 

“We wait. It says Kyuhyun was killed right? But Kyuhyun is still alive. That means someone wants to kill him and that could be anytime, anywhere. We need to wait for that moment. For now, just stay as close as you can to him and don’t lose him. One second gone could be the different between life and death for Kyuhyun.” Kibum nodded to my words, closing his eyes. We were too busy talking to even realise my door opening. It wasn’t until we heard a loud bang before we noticed someone was there. Both mine and Kibum’s body jolted upwards, turning our head to the door to see who it was.

 

 

 

“Here’s the paper on Choi Minho. I forgot to give it to you earlier.” He chucked the file onto my bed, over to Kibum which he caught.

 

 

 

“Yoochun hyung…” Kibum said. I didn't say anything but my mouth was wide open. Did he hear us? I closed my mouth, turning away hoping for the best.

 

 

 

"Kibum, about that new game, I-" I tried to cover up but I was cut off.

 

 

 

"There's no need to hide it, I heard everything." Quickly I unlocked my wheels, moving in front of Yoochun hyung, I grabbed him by the collar. His face was next to mine, a smirk appeared from his lips.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare." I threatened him. There was a silence, Kibum made his way over to me, grabbing my wrist to try and make me let go of Yoochun hyung's collar.

 

 

 

"Changmin stop!"

 

 

 

"Don't worry Changmin. I won't say anything..." Kibum have a thankful sigh but I wasn't so sure. 

"But I want in. If you want to protect Kyuhyun, I'll help. Besides, it not only the two of you who have the job of protecting him." He added. I thought for a while, looking at Kibum, I gave a nod. It would help to have someone who's in charge of the school to help us.

 

 

 

"Fine, I want you to keep and eye on Minho." Yoochun hyung nodded, giving me a smile. I finally let go of his collar, sitting back down on my wheelchair. 

 

 

 

"By the way, Jaejoong hyung wanted me to tell you that you have a Doctors appointment tomorrow morning." I nodded, watching Yoochun hyung leave my room, going me a back wave. Thinking back to it, it had only been about a week since I get hurt. I'm already feeling better and with the help of Sungmin hyung and Leeteuk hyung doing therapy on me, I've manage to heal quicker than anyone else. 

 

 

 

"Are you ok?" Kibum asked as I wheeled myself to my bed and lifted myself up, dropping into the bed. My movement was still restricted but not as much as before. Sure the therapy hurt but I had to endure it. 

 

 

 

"Yeah, just a bit tired." 

 

 

 

"Ok, I'll leave you now." He went to the door, holding into the handle but stopped.

"You wiped everything, right?"

 

 

 

"Yup, everything. You don't have to worry." 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Morning came, I overslept which was unlike me. I groaned, running my hands though my rough, messy hair. I remembered today I was meant to have my appointment. It was 9am, Kyuhyun and Kibum would have already gone to school. I sat up, slowly stretching as much as I could to relax my muscles. Stretching also helped my recovery a lot which was always a plus. Today was going to be another day of trying to walk; first, making my way to the bathroom alone was always a good idea. If I remember clearly, Yunho hyung was meant to take me to the hospital. I gave myself a mental ‘fighting’ before moving my duvet off my body. Slowly, I used my arms to hold myself up, grabbing onto anything in front of me, making small and careful steps. I had made it just about to my door, opening it, I looked outside. I found out there was nothing to hold onto.

 

 

 

‘Ok Changmin, these past few days to trying to walk has been nothing but pain but come on! You can do it!’ I thought to myself. I took a deep breath, letting go of the handle on the door, I made my first step. I managed to do it, wobbling slightly as I tried to stand up right. I too another deep breath and again, another step but unfortunately I legs gave out and I tripped. I closed my eyes, ready for the impact of the floor to hit me. However, it was never felt.

 

 

 

“Changmin? You need to be more careful.” I heard someone say, it was Yunho hyung.

 

 

 

“Hyung!” I called out; he pushed me up to face him.

 

 

 

“Are you ok?” He asked me, clearly worried about me. I nodded, giving him a smile. He returned the smile and helped me to the bathroom.

“Call me if you need any help. I’ll heat up your breakfast, we leave at 10am ok?” I nodded again, closing bathroom door as I gave a sigh. Not needing to do much, I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Once I was done, I dried myself off, putting on the clothes Yunho hyung left inside the bathroom before I came in. I opened the door, seeing Yunho hyung just outside, waiting for me. I allowed him to help me since there wasn’t anything else that could help me down the stairs. He brought me to the kitchen, making himself a cup of coffee as I eat my food and orange juice.

 

 

 

“What times my appointment?” I asked him.

 

 

 

“Didn’t Yoochun tell you?” I shook my head.

“It’s at 10:30am. Don’t worry; we have loads of time left.” I nodded my head, eating the rest of my food and chugging down the last of my juice.

We made our way to Yunho hyung’s car and to the hospital we went. My wheel chair was attached to the back of the car as my lifted me up into the car. The whole journey there was silent but it wasn’t awkward at all. I knew Yunho hyung was worried for me, noticing something was wrong with me. I guess by the way I was acting, I did make people worry. I watched as the people went by, the car taking us to the hospital. We arrived exactly at 10:20am, Yunho hyung helping my every movement as he wheeled me to the hospital.

 

 

 

“Hello, how may I help you?” The receptionist asked.

 

 

 

“We have an appointment for Shim Changmin.”  Yunho hyung said to the woman. She was around 20-23 years old, chocolate brown hair, up to her shoulders.

 

 

 

“Ah yes. Just make your way to the waiting area. Doctor Park will be with you in a minute.”

 

 

 

“Thank you.” Yunho hyung flashed the receptionist a smile. If Jaejoong hyung was here, he wouldn’t have been too happy. He shook my head, giving a small smile. He pushed me to the waiting room, sitting by my side. I was shaking, hoping for good news. I never liked the hospital, no one does. I just needed to get better as soon as possible. Yunho hyung saw how I was and held onto my hand, giving me one for his fatherly smiles.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be here with you the whole time.” I nodded, giving him a small smile.

 

 

 

“Thank you hyung, I appreciate it.”

 

 

 

“Shim Changmin!” My name was called. Yunho hyung stood up and helped me to the hospital room where I was going to be examined.

The room was big, Leeteuk hyung on the other side. He was looking at some papers, signing something; I could tell he was busy. He didn’t even notice us entering until Yunho hyung called out to him.

 

 

 

“Hyung.”  Leeteuk hyung looked up and smiled, putting down his papers.

 

 

 

“So Changmin, let’s get on with it!” He clasped his hands. He walked over to me and helped me up to the hospital bed. My legs hung on the side of the bed, passing me a hospital gown. I got changed, not really bothered by Yunho and Leeteuk hyung here since we’ve been together for so long. He picked up a little tool; it looked like a mini hammer. He used it and hit my shin, causing it to jump a little. He did it again and the same to the other leg. He gave me a smile before laying me down on the bed, turning me to make me lie on my back. He examined my back, pressing down on it. I hissed at the pain of my spine as he pressed a painful part.

“I’m sorry!” He apologised. I shook my head, showing him I was ok. He continued with it, pushing another part of my back.

After a long day of getting examined and going through to other doctors, I finally got my results.

“Everything’s fine. In fact, you’ve been healing faster than anyone thought. You should be able to walk in the next two weeks. During that time I want you to come in everyday and do physiotherapy and practice walking as much as possible.” I thanked Leeteuk hyung and together with Yunho, we made our way back to our home. Yunho hyung couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear as he heard my condition.

 

 

 

“Make sure you tell Kyuhyun, I’m sure he’ll be delighted.”  I nodded, wanting tell Kyuhyun as soon as possible, knowing he’ll be happy.

 

 

 

“Of course.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This took me so long to write. TODAY IT DOCTOR WHO 50TH ANNIVERSARY! I haven't been able to watch it because my brother was stupid and didn't know what time it was... -sigh- Gonna have to watch it online! :/

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3