Chapter 15: Back To Square One

I Will Protect You

 

 

Kibum's pov

 

 

"Come in" we said in unison, both turning around, checking who it was at Kyuhyun's bedroom door. Once that person came in, both me and Changmin froze. We couldn't believe our eyes.

 

 

"Who let you in?" I heard Changmin ask, I could tell by the strain in his voice, he was already getting defensive. I shuffled backwards a bit, moving closer to Kyuhyun's bed as he was sleeping so I could have more of a chance to protect Kyuhyun if mine and Changmin's feeling of danger emitting from Minho was correct.

Yes, the person who came in was Minho.

 

 

"The door was open... I came to check how Kyuhyun hyung was doing because I was too worried about him. I thought about coming after school but it was too long for me to wait so came straight away." Minho said, his voice emitted a sense if concern for the other but I couldn't bring myself to believe it as much as I wanted to.

I felt Changmin's intensive stare on me since I was the one who closed the door. Now that I think about it, I didn't close the door properly... Or at least I think I didn't... To be honest, I wasn't too sure. Who could blame me?! I was carrying a sleeping Kyuhyun whilst closing the door with my leg and Changmin was no help, attacking me as soon as I came in. Well, Changmin's still going to blame me afterwards, I just know it.

 

 

"I see." I said, short and simple is always the best. I didn't really want to start anything, I was more bothered about Kyuhyun in case one of them woke him up. I really wanted whatever this is to finish and quick.

 

 

"Is he feeling better?" Minho asked us which I found a bit weird since he was with him most of the day while I was trying to look for the both of them running around like a headless chicken. Well, kind of.

 

 

"You should know, I heard he was with you most of the day." Changmin took the words right out of my mouth. I kept my gaze at Kyuhyun to make sure we didn't wake him up from this commotion.

 

 

"S-sorry.. I'll go..." Minho backed off, leaving me and Changmin in Kyuhyun's room. We stayed silent, waiting for the front door to slam shut to notify us that Minho was out of our house, me and Changmin looked at each other.

I felt sorry for the poor boy, it wasn't that we hated him. It was that we could trust him, but that didn't mean we liked him either. There was just something about him that made my gut turn. It was as if we were always being watched whenever we were next to him. It was a feeling none of us liked, Changmin especially... After what happened to him, it's hard for him to act normal under these circumstances. 

 

*slam* 

 

 

"What the hell was that?" I heard Changmin say, we kept our eyes on each other, I gave him a shrug of my shoulders. 

"Everything's too suspicious. I don't trust him one bit." It was true. Since Minho came a few weeks ago, everything turned upside down for us. Changmin getting injured, Kyuhyun getting attacked back at the pension. Everything was too much of a coincident. I could tell all the other hyungs and Ryeowook were concerned but couldn't say anything since they didn't think it would be best to shout out their worries but everyone knew how everyone else felt, especially with all of us living together for so long. Heechul hyung in particular with his motherly instincts for Kyuhyun and Jaejoong hyung for Changmin.

 

 

"I don't know what to say... I'll look into things. I'll have to ask Yoochun hyung to show me his profile since he's in charge of the school and he's the easiest to persuade. I'm pretty sure it will give me some kind of information on him." I made my way to the door before Changmin voice stopped me.

 

 

"I'll look there." I looked at him, surprised. I turned around to look at his face.

 

 

"Are you sure? You'd get caught! Siwon will kill you if he finds out you were back there again and I know how you hate going into that area." I was surprised he would even bring such a thing up. He looked away from me, not keeping eye contact as I know this is a personal subject. 

 

 

"I have no choice! If this is what I need to do to keep Kyuhyun safe, I have to do it. This could be the difference between life and death for Kyuhyun. I don't want to take that chance." He turned his head to face me. I couldn't argue with him. 

 

 

"Fine... But if you get caught, I'm not going to help you." I told him.

 

 

"I won't get caught, you know that." I hate to admit it but it was true. There was a very rare chance Changmin was going to get caught. However, there was still a small percentage. If Changmin messes anything up, he'll get found out in a heartbeat even with the smallest trace he leaves. I don't want to take that chance but this is for Kyuhyun. It's because this is for Kyuhyun I cannot say no. The only person who really can is Siwon hyung or Jaejoong hyung. Even then, I can't really see if they would say no or not, Siwon would just give Changmin a huge lecture and maybe some kicking but that might be it. However, telling Siwon doesn't mean it will stop other people from getting involved. For example, the local  police.

 

 

"I know." I made my way to the door, gripping onto the handle before Changmin's voice stopped me again in my tracks.

 

 

"Also Kibum. Next time, make sure you close the front door properly." I tried to not get on my nerves, walking out of Kyuhyun's door without slamming it shut as I went into my own. 

I took a deep sigh, closing the door slowly. 

 

 

"Damn you Changmin!" it was time to call Yoochun hyung. Judging by the time, he should be in his last lesson, I'm sure the teacher would let him take a call.

 

 

*ring ring*

 

 

"Hello?" I heard Yoochun hyung's voice answer from the other side

 

 

"Yoochun hyung, it's me, Kibum." 

 

 

"Hey Kibum. What's up?" He had a slight hint of surprise in his voice, of course he would, it was me who was calling him. I never call people, not now, not ever. I don't intend to start now, but today's an exception.

 

 

"I wanted to ask you if you could give me any data on Choi Minho." I got straight to the point. There was a pause in his voice, slightly choked up as I mentioned data on another student which was illegal.

 

 

"What? That's kinda diving into personal affairs! I can't give you that!" This is what annoyed me about Yoochun hyung. One second he'll ask you to turn the whole house upside down but when you really need him, he doesn't comply. 

Time to use the secret move.

 

 

"Please hyung! It's for Kyuhyun! He said he wanted to plan a surprise birthday party for Minho he doesn't know what he likes to eat and he's too shy to ask." I tried to sound as desperate as possible which seemed to work as this time, there was no need to pause.

 

 

"For Kyuhyun?! Why didn't you say so!? I'll bring it over to you when I get back. I'll have to look around the office first." I gave myself a mental high five.

 

 

 

 

"Thank you hyung! You're the best!" I cut off. See, no one can say to Kyuhyun if it's something he wants. Works every time.

I chuck my phone on my bed, jumping on it, back first. My eyes concentrated on the creamy coloured ceiling of my room.

"Just who are you, Choi Minho?" I find myself asking no one in particular. I swear, I was going to find out who he was, matter what it takes.

 

 

 

Changmin's pov

 

 

I wait for Kibum to leave Kyuhyun's room, closing the door as he left. I took my laptop out with was behind my back on my wheelchair. Sure it was uncomfortable but it leaves having to move around or ask someone else to get it. And no one, I repeat, no one touches my laptop. Not even Kyuhyun. Well, maybe Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

I opened it, logging on. I typed up the words 'Seoul police' in the Google tab, clicking onto the first site that came up.

Well, here I am, once again. Even though I promised myself I would never come back here again. For Kyuhyun... Just once more wouldn't hurt. I kept telling myself that.

 

 

"Here we go, Kyuhyun." I logged myself on as the chief of police. His password was relatively easy to hack into, not much hacking if you ask me. Just the name 'LeeHana' was it, his daughter's name. 

How nostalgic this all was, hacking into the Seoul police department. 

 

I moved my mouse to the personal files where the information on everyone living in South Korea was kept. This time a firewall came up. It noticed I used a different computer, sending me through another round of questions and answering, trying to prove I was the chief of police. This has happened before, once. The day my life changed forever. Let's just hope he didn't kept answers...

The final question out of 50, where I fumbled last time.

'What year did you become the chief of police?'

A simple yet demanding question, asking for the exact time. This time, I did my research.

'20th February 2004. 12:23:37 pm'

Of course anyone who would have been appointed chief of police would know the time they got chosen at the exact time. It was only natural, right? I think not. Finally, I had reached the place I wanted to. It had already taken me a good 15 minutes to do.

'Choi Minho' I typed into the search bar, to my surprise, nothing came up. It was like looking at a blank white sheet. All there was, was his name, birthday, place of birth and where he currently studied. Like I said, a blank sheet. I tried digging in further, even going to the place I wasn't aloud to go, not even then. But nothing, there was nothing about him. It was as if he didn't exist. Well, he did, according to his birthday but other then the day he was born there was a massive jump to now, where he currently studied.

 

 

"!" I bashed onto my keyboard, I ran my hand through my hair furiously. Maybe it was just me... Out of a slight whim, I typed in another name.

'Cho Kyuhyun' 

 

 

'Disposed of'

It said in big red lettering. I stared at it for a while and looked over at Kyuhyun who was still asleep on his bed. What? He was clearly here... I logged out, typing in some codes to erase myself from using the system so they couldn't trace anything back to me. I cleared all my history, wiping it clean. I slammed my laptop down furiously once I was done. What do they mean by disposed of?

Was there something wrong with the system?

Is someone playing a joke on me? I was too confused, I felt as if my head was going to explode. This is why I hated going into these places, they messed with your head. I continued to run my hands through my hair and rubbing the back of my neck, trying to calm myself down.

 

 

"Changmin...?" I heard my name getting called, waking me up from this nightmare.

 

 

"Kyuhyun..." I looked up at him, he was still on his bed, clearly just woken up.

 

 

"Are you ok?" He sat up, rubbing his eyes. He could tell there was something going on with me, I decided to lie through my teeth.

 

 

"I'm fine, and you?"

 

 

"After that nap, I'm good." He smiled at me. He looks around, surprised to be in his own room.

 

 

"Kibum brought you back." He nodded his head and lifted his duvet up, jumping out if his bed. 

 

 

"Are you hungry? I'll make something for you~" I smiled at him, grabbing a hold of his hand, I nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

WOOP! Another update! So proud of myself~

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3