Chapter 22: Somethings Are Better Off Forgotten

I Will Protect You

 

 

No one's Pov

 

 

 

"I don't think it's a good idea to let you see him, Changmin. You've already seen how he reacts when he sees you." Leeteuk said as he looked at his clip board, flipping though pages of paperwork regarding Kyuhyun's condition, he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. They were standing outside Kyuhyun's room. 

He suffered from an unknown drug being injected into his system but thankfully they managed to get it out before it reached any major systems which would have caused very major defaults in his body. However, what he witnessed that day was still fresh in his mind, currently suffering from shock and refuses to eat or drink anything. It had been a week since that day. During that time, Kyuhyun had been hospitalised with only Sungmin and Leeteuk allowed to enter his room to check up on him hourly.  

 

 

 

"But it's already been a week!" Leeteuk sighed at the younger and pulled him in for a hug. He felt sorry for Changmin, it wasn't his fault. It was Lady Cho's fault. They didn't know why she needed Kyuhyun and why she would kill her only son. After some questioning done by Siwon where he was only allowed to ask a maximum of 5 questions, they realised that the man who tried to kill Sir Cho was there and married Lady Cho. That day he manage to get out of there alive but Siwon swore he was going to bring that mango justice as free everything he put Kyuhyun in. 

 

 

 

"I know, I know... But Kyuhyun's not ready yet... After all, you did kill his birth mother." He reminded Changmin. His heart felt heavy, indeed he did. What kind of boyfriend was he? To kill their lovers mother was the ultimate sin.

 

 

 

"What do I do?" He sounded desperate, he had been longing to hug the younger and tell him he would protect him forever but he was the one he had hurt him. He felt as if he had failed Kyuhyun. 

 

 

 

"Nothing, there's nothing you can go. There is only patient my dear." He patted Changmin's back and went back to his other patients. Changmin's body fell back onto the chair just outside Kyuhyun's room. All there was, was a wall between them. Despite that, he still wasn't allowed to see him. It would only hurt Kyuhyun more, that was something he didn't want to do. 

He had tired to ask them two for information on Kyuhyun but they wouldn't say anything, not wanting to worry Changmin. Not matter how much Changmin begged, not a word left their lips.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Kyuhyun had fainted in Hangeng's arms, everyone was shocked and began to worry for the younger. 

 

 

"Quick! We need to get him to the hospital!" Leeteuk shouted, worried whatever happened to him was taking affect. The small pink bruises on Kyuhyun's arms were evident that he had been drugged but with what, Leeteuk needed to professionally examine him. Hangeng nodded and brought Kyuhyun into his arms, lifting him gently with Heechul following close by, gripping onto Kyuhyun's hand.  

 

 

"Yunho, Yoochun, Siwon, you guys go upfront." Hangeng told them. The others nodded and ran in front, Yunho threw his gun over to Yoochun. Changmin ran back to join the others when someone grabbed his jumper, pulling him back. Yunho saw that and quickly ran towards Changmin, sliding downwards and tackling the man behind Changmin. 

 

 

"Thanks." Yunho have him a smile and grabbed onto his wrist. He flung Changmin backwards and lifted his leg up, kicking the man who was running towards them in the chest. There were more people coming, their numbers didn't seem to decrease.

 

 

"We need to go! We can't fight all of them!" Siwon shouted, punching someone in the face before jumping upwards and spun around, kicking the enemies who were closing in on him. The gun shots of Yoochun's gun was heard, quickly Yunho ducked down, grabbing Changmin with him and ran to the door where the others were waiting for them. 

 

 

"Quickly hyung!" Yoochun pushed then gout of the door and smallest it down, locking it from the outside. Banging of the doors could he heard from the inside, the door was going to break down any time soon. Yunho and Changmin ran into one of the vans that were parked next to them, Donghae being the driver. 

 

 

"Yoochun hyung!" Changmin shouted at him who was still at the door, pushing it backwards to give the others more time to enter the vans. Once they were all in place, Yoochun let go of the doors and ran inside the van Changmin an Yunho was in, quickly slamming the van's door shut and driving off before anyone could catch up to them. 

 

 

 

"Are any of you hurt?" Donghae asked them, looking at his drivers mirror to see them while concentrating on his driving.

 

 

"We're fine." Yunho breathing in and out deeply, trying to catch his breath. 

 

 

"Wew! That was close!" Yoochun chuckled. Changmin looked at him and gave him a small smile. He could tell Changmin was upset. 

"Don't worry, he'll be better soon." 

 

 

"I hope so."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Screams and shouts came from Kyuhyun's mouth as they first visited the younger, hearing that after 4 hours of coming back from South Seoul hospital, he had woken up. The first thing Kyuhyun did was react violently as soon as Changmin stepped into the door. 

 

 

 

"NO! NO! Ahhhh! NO!" He shouted, pointing at Changmin. The heart monitor was beeping at an alarming rate. Kyuhyun's eyes widened, going crazy as he struggled in Leeteuk's grip on him, trying to break free. 

 

 

"You need to leave!" Sungmin warned as he tried to push everyone out. Kyuhyun was reacting in a way they wouldn't expect him to. 

 

 

 

"NO!" Changmin tried to protest.  

 

 

 

"NOW!" Leeteuk shouted as the nurses pushed everyone out of the room harshly while Sungmin ran back to help Leeteuk hold Kyuhyun down in the bed.

"Get me the sedatives!" The door slammed shut. Changmin felt his tears down his face as Jaejoong grabbed him and pulled him into a tight embrace. 

 

 

"Oh Minnie!" He cried out, feeling the pain Changmin was going through, it hurt Jaejoong greatly to see his son being rejected in such a way from his boyfriend. 

"Don't worry, Kyuhyun will be back to normal very soon!" Changmin broke down, his cries stung everyone's eyes. It was just like that tome, when he first came to the Cho mansion. He had promised himself never to cry ever again after breaking down in front of everyone many years ago. There he was, broken. 

 

 

 

"It's... All my fault... He hates me now!" He brought his hands up and returned Jaejoong's hug. Yunho came over and d his son's hair. 

 

 

 

"He doesn't hate you. He's just.. Vulnerable..." He tried to comfort him but he was never one to be so soft. He always left it to Jaejoong since he had a very motherly aura but now, his son was breaking down and as the father, he needed to be there for Changmin. Even if he wasn't his real son. He was going to be like the father to Changmin like Sir Cho was to all of them. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Kyuhyun." 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Changmin stood at the other side of the window which was similar to one of those police room ones. Kyuhyun was moved to another room after everyone begged Leeteuk to let them see the boy. He ended up resulting to this where they could see Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun wouldn't see when. It had been a month, nothing changed. Changmin was starting to wonder if Kyuhyun was ever going to get better. 

He watched the younger get fed by one of the nurses but refused to eat more than a spoonful. Kyuhyun was now skin in bones, bags underneath his eyes from insomnia and an unhealthy pale. It pained Changmin deeply to see his boyfriend suffering because of him. He turned around and closed his eyes, one last tear drop fell from his eyes but was quickly wiped away. He left the dark room and closed the door behind him. 

 

 

 

"Leeteuk hyung." He called the older as he was just about to enter Kyuhyun's room for his hourly check up. 

 

 

 

"Yes Changmin?" He had been here for the whole month, sleeping and eating at the hospital in case Kyuhyun was in danger, along with Sungmin. They had barely had any rest. 

 

 

"I need you to do me a favour." 

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

"I want you to erase Kyuhyun's memories." Leeteuk's eyes widened at Changmin's request. 

 

 

"What?! I can't! I'm sorry Changmin." He shook his head. He had to admit, this wasn't something he didn't think of but it was too painful. He don't allow himself to do such a thing to Kyuhyun and the others, not to mention Changmin will be in the most pain from this. 

 

 

"Please hyung! This... This is hurting him too much! I don't want to see him like this, please!" 

 

 

"But it will hurt you too Changmin. He'll forget about us and not to mention, you." 

 

 

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. There are some things that are better left forgotten." Leeteuk looked into Changmin's eyes. There was nothing in his eyes which would convince him to re-think what he had just requested. Leeteuk sighed and nodded him head.

 

 

"I'll do what I can... You have to tell the others though." Changmin paused for a bit before giving a nod. He knew that it would break the other's hearts but this was for the best. They would understand. Changmin didn't want to admit it but he really wished Kyuhyun wouldn't forget him. 

Please... Don't forget me... He clutched his shirt tightly. 

Leeteuk entered Kyuhyun's room. The younger looked up, his eyes no longer having the sparkle he use to possess. Leeteuk sighed, holding back his tears. 

 

 

"Is there something wrong hyung?"

 

 

"Nothing's wrong. We just need another check up." He walked over to Kyuhyun, setting his board on a table nearby. He looked over at his equipment and took a syringe and a bottle without a label. He strapped the needle in and pulled the end of the syringe back, moving the contents of the bottle over to the other. He pulled the syringe out and pushed the bottom a bit, letting the liquid come out a bit to ensure there was no air in it. 

 

 

"What is that?"

 

 

"It will just put you to sleep for a bit. Once you wake up, you'll feel a lot better." He promised. Kyuhyun nodded, his eyes not leaving Leeteuk's as he felt his lids slowly get heavier. 

 

 

"I'll see you later... Hyung..."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Changmin close his eyes. All of them were waiting outside The operating room. He knew what was happening, everyone did despite not liking the idea in the first place. They all ended up agreeing to it when Sungmin came in and told them it's best for Kyuhyun. Even Heechul had to agree to it if it was best for him.

 

 

 

"How long had it been?" Junsu asked. Eunhyuk looked at his watch.

 

 

 

"3 hours." They had waited for the full three hours since Kyuhyun entered the operating room. All of them prayed for the younger to return to normal, even without any memories left of them. All they wanted as to see Kyuhyun smile, the twinkle back in the younger's eyes. Heechul was in Hangeng's arms, his face firmly lodged in Hangeng's chest. He had been crying a lot since he was informed that Kyuhyun would have his memories erased. Hangeng was speechless, the words processing in his head a little later since he wasn't from South Korea and his Korean was still a bit off. 

 

 

"He'll be find!" Donghae shouted, giving very one his brightest smile, Eunhyuk got the signal and followed Donghae, giving his biggest smile, showing off all his teeth. Everyone burst into laughter seeing Eunhyuk's face.

 

 

"Still as ugly as I remember." Kibum said which caused everyone to laugh harder. 

 

 

"Yah!" He attempted to hit ovum but stopped when the red light on top of the operating room switched off and out came Sungmin and Leeteuk in their full doctor gear. They took off their masks and took in a deep breath.

 

 

"Well?" Yoochun asked. 

 

 

"We have to wait until he wakes up." They nodded as Kyuhyun came out of the operating room, being transferred into his old room. 

 

 

It had been a good 5 hours since Kyuhyun was transferred, it was now 3am in the morning and none of them had slept. 

 

 

"You should get some sleep." Kibum brought a blanket over to Changmin and draped it over his body. 

 

 

"I'm fine. I'll sleep once Kyuhyun wakes up." Kibum sighed and sat beside his best friend. 

"Do you think Kyuhyun will really fogey about us?" Kibum shook his head.

 

 

"I don't know." Kibum tucked himself deeper into his blanket. Suddenly someone entered the empty room where they were waiting at. 

 

 

"He's awake! Kyuhyun's awake!" Shindong shouted. Everyone jumped up and ran I've to Kyuhyun's room. The boy looked dazed as he tried to sit up with the help of Sungmin. Leeteuk held his wooden board up and seemed to be asking Kyuhyun some questions. The only answers Kyuhyun gave was a shake of the head. Changmin's hand shook as he reached out to the door knob. Please don't forget me... Please Kyuhyun! 

 

 

"Come on Changmin, you can do it!" Junsu cheered Changmin on. He took a deep breath and turned the door knob, his feet took a step forward as he walked inside the room. Leeteuk, Sungmin and Kyuhyun al turned their heads towards the door. Changmin stared at Kyuhyun. There was a silence.

A smile came to Kyuhyun's lips as he opened it to say something. 

 

 

"Changmin~" He called out, spreading his arms to the other. Changmin's eyes widened as he froze at the door only to be pushed in by someone at the back. He fell towards Kyuhyun and quickly hugged the younger.

 

 

"Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!" He called his lovers name. The two shared a sweet kiss between them as Changmin's face being wet from his tears. 

 

 

"What happened?" Jaejoong walked over to Leeteuk and Sungmin who was smiling brightly. 

 

 

"Selective memory. That's what happened." 

 

 

"So.. He still remembers us?" 

 

 

"Yup." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that and that is where I planned to end this when I first wrote it xD so here is where I shall end it!!! After how even long it took me to update this, it has finally come to and end! 

For some of you it's the New Years so happy new year! For me it's only New Year's Eve xD I shall go on to update some more! Hunter x Hunter is now my main focus with secret assassins (if any of you guys are wondering xD) 

thank you so much for staying with this fic, to be honest, I was planning to drop it half way through because I didn't know what to write but tou guys kept me going! Thank you'!!! Saranghae~

 

Comments and subscribes will be treasured and loved <3