Chapter 17: Discharge

I Will Protect You

 

 

No one's pov 

 

 

 

 

Changmin had already gone through the painful process of therapy. The first week was hard, to the point it made him cry our in pain from both the therapy and missing Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun had heard the news as soon as he got home from school that day from Changmin. He was so delighted to the point he tackled Changmin in his wheelchair, almost injuring I'm all over again. Boy did that surprise Changmin, causing him to cry out. The following week was met by Kyuhyun's sad looks and the work 'sorry' repeated over and over again for the young one. Changmin apologised back, thinking his reaction was a bit over the top too, if he didn't do that, Kyuhyun would be avoiding him.

 

 

 

"How is everything now?" Jaejoong and Yunho asked Jaehyun who was put in charge of Changmin's care since Leeteuk was too busy. Changmin was fast asleep on the hospital bed, having a long day, he deserved to sleep for a while.

 

 

 

"Looking at this record, he should be fine now. All that's left is trying to walk for a long period of time without falling. I presume he's been trying to walk at home?" Jaejoong nodded.

 

 

 

"Yes, everyday when we get back for the hospital." Jaehyun nodded in satisfaction.

 

 

 

"Don't worry, he'll be better in no time knowing how much he wants to get better." Jaejoong smiled at Jaehyun, knowing too that his baby is a stubborn one.

"He'll have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days while we try the walking method." 

 

 

 

"Ok, I'll get Sungmin or Donghae to bring some of Changmin's stuff. Do you now how long he'll have to stay for?" 

 

 

 

"Umm, 3 days at least, judging by his progress." Yunho nodded, leaving the hospital room since they didn't allow phones there. He called Donghae from outside the hospital grounds, asking his or Sungmin to bring 3 days work of clothes and things to the hospital for Changmin since he was going to have to stay there for a while. Once they managed to sort out what to brig, Yunho hung up, looking at the sky he thought it was beautiful. Changmin was getting better and quickly, he must be the happiest person alive, besides Kyuhyun, Jaejoong and Changmin himself that is. 

He and Jaejoong waited until Donghae and Sungmin made it to the hospital, carrying 2 bags of stuff for Changmin. 

 

 

 

"Hey hyung! How's Changmin doing?" Donghae asked as they made their way to his room.

 

 

 

"He's currently sleeping right now so we'll have to be as quiet as possible." Sungmin nodded, giving a smile. As they entered the room, they saw Jaejoong holding onto Changmin's hand, giving a motherly smile. 

 

 

 

"Joongie, they're here." Yunho whispered. Jaejoong stood up, letting go of Changmin hand and walked over to Sungmin and Donghae. 

 

 

 

"Let's put Minnie's things away shall we?" Once again the passed few days had been tiring for Changmin but totally worth is. He was now able to walk a short distant! As soon as he work up that day, Jaejoong told him he was going to start walking. To be honest, Changmin wanted to walk ages ago but Leeteuk said therapy first and then walk. Today was the third day Changmin was staying here. Finally Yoochun and Juneau were able to convince him to go and see Changmin without the fear of hurting him. Kyuhyun reluctantly agreed. 

Changmin stood at one side of the room whilst Kyuhyun at the other. It was just about late noon, the sun already setting, creating nice orange effect on the room as the doors and windows let the light in. Jaehyun was on the opposite corner to Changmin, not too far and not too close. 

 

 

 

"Start walking over to Kyuhyun now." He told Changmin. Changmin took a deep breath and lifted his leg up, slowly shaking, he put bit back down on the floor. He had just made his first step, Kyuhyun's face let up.

 

 

 

"Come on Changmin! You can do it!" Kyuhyun shouted some words of encouragement to Changmin. He couldn't help but smile at his best friends cuteness. He made another step and another, slowly making his way over to Kyuhyun. Changmin wanted to get here quicker, having the need to hold the younger in his arms after being so long apart. He hated to admit it but he felt a special connection with the younger which he couldn't quite put into words. 

He was probably one step away fro Kyuhyun when he suddenly slipped, Kyuhyun reacting quickly caught Changmin, holding him in his arms. Despite being together with Kyuhyun, he felt he hadn't earned it, he removed himself from Kyuhyun, pushing the others should softly as they both slipped into the floor. 

 

 

 

"Ok, that's enough for today. Do you want Kyuhyun to brig you back to your room?" Changmin shook his head. 

 

 

 

"I want to practice a little longer." Kyuhyun was about to stop him, knowing he had just had therapy as well so his muscles must be aching but Jaehyun nodded, leaving Kyuhyun and Changmin in the practice room alone.  

 

 

 

"You should rest! You must be tried!" Changmin shook his head, giving a small smile. 

 

 

 

"Not yet. Not until I feel like I should rest." Kyuhyun was about to intervene when Changmin stood up, pointing at the side he had just came from. Kyuhyun sighed, walking over to that side before turning around. There was no stopping Changmin. 

It had been a few hours, the sub has set, the room was dark, only moonlight lit the place up. They had been too busy practicing to even realise the darkness of the room, never mind the time. Changmin was covered in sweat, his breathing heavier. He tried his best to make it the full way but something was stopping him, something kept making him unstable at the last step. He kept trying but nothing would work. It was clearly taking a toll on his body. 

 

 

 

"Changmin, we should try again tomorrow... It's getting late and you haven't eaten since lunch." Changmin looked over at Kyuhyun as sighed, he didn't care if he was hungry but Kyuhyun was, like him, Kyuhyun hadn't eaten anything since lunch.

 

 

 

"Let me just finish this round." He was already half way from the room. He hated himself at the moment, knowing he was meant to protect Kyuhyun but instead he was causing him to starve at the moment. 

He lifted his leg, walking closer to Kyuhyun. He tripped, just about managing to keep balance. Kyuhyun saw the and was just about to run over to him when Changmin lifted his hand, stopping him. 

Changmin kept walking, it was now at the last step. The one he kept failing in, the one that made him hate himself more and more.he look a deep breath, keeping his eye on Kyuhyun and stepped forward. He lifted his arms up and pulled Kyuhyun towards him. Startled, Kyuhyun did nothing. 

 

 

 

"Y-you did it..." Kyuhyun whispered before finally realising Changmin had made a full length. 

"You did it!!!" He returned Changmin hug, wrapping his arms around his waist. He could hear Changmin heart beating, his breathing deep but fast. 

 

 

 

"I did it..." Changmin whispered, feeling a self accomplishment, he hugged Kyuhyun tighter. 

 

 

 

"Let's go get something for us to eat." Changmin nodded as Kyuhyun lowered him down on his wheelchair. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

"My baby can walk!" As usual Jaejoong umma really likes to go over the top. A few days had passed and Changmin was more or less able to walk without any help. Kyuhyun, Jaejoong and Yunho were all inside the therapy room with Changmin walking over to Jaehyun. Of course a smile was all over the room as Changmin finished another lap.

 

 

 

"I think he'll be able to be discharged now. With the results I see, he will be in full fighting condition by next week!" Jaehyun chuckled. The room fell silence and Kyuhyun, Jaejoong and Yunho stared at Jaehyun. Changmin sighed at their protectiveness.  

"Sorry..."

 

 

 

"You don't have to apologise, they're a bit... You know. I understand." I patted his back.  

 

 

"I'll go get the discharge papers. For now, I think you'll be able to use clutches if you get too tired from walking around the place." I smiled at him, giving him a bow as Kyuhyun helped me in the wheelchair for the last time.  Kyuhyun stared at Changmin. 

 

 

 

"No fighting, ok?" Changmin sighed, giving Kyuhyun a nod. 

Their journey home as soon as Jaejoong and Yunho sighed the release papers were a loud one. All Changmin could do was lie down on Kyuhyun's shoulder, hoping they would arrive home as soon as possible. It was getting dark, the sun was half way on its way to set. Changmin smiled, knowing he was going to attend school again, even if he was still injured, he could still be able to protect Kyuhyun in some way. 

 

 

 

"Changmin! I heard you're all better!" Shindong popped up as soon as they entered the front door. He gave Changmin a smack on his shoulder, unknown to how much strength he used, Changmin hiss in pain. 

 

 

 

"Hyung! Be careful! He just got discharged, don't make him need to go back again!" Kyuhyun shouted at Shindong, quickly the elder backed away. 

"That hyung..." 

 

 

 

"Kyuhyun, I'm fine. It should be me protecting you rather than the other way round." 

 

 

 

"Shh Changmin, I'll let you do it once you're all fully working, ok? For now, it's my job to protect you!" I nodded, giving in to him. There was no way I could argue with him. 

Dinner was even more hectic as Jaejoong and Ryeowook hyung cooked everyone's favourite food, more do than usual to the point everyone was going crazy. Unfortunately for us youngers, alcohol was also at the 'party' or so they called it. Worst of all, they made us drink it. I didn't mind so much, I've drank soju and beer before, my high folate nice to alcohol was something all the hyungs envied. Thanks to that I would always help Kyuhyun drink his glass whenever the hyungs pushed one to him. 

 

 

 

"You're not meant to be drinking! You just got out of the hospital!" Kyuhyun would argue. Changmin ignored him and sipped another drink in , it was meant for Kyuhyun. 

"Yah!" 

 

 

 

"It's fine. I don't get drunk easily." 

 

 

 

"That's not the point!" Another drink was pushed over to Changmin, courtesy of Yoochun. Changmin was about to grab it when Kyuhyun jumped in, just about managing to grab onto the glass, gulping it done in one go. 

 

 

 

"Sto-" he tried to stop Kyuhyun but was too late. Changmin waited for Kyuhyun to start acting crazy, to much how the hyungs were acting at the moment, but nothing came. He stared at Kyuhyun, waiting for his cheeks to go red and slurry speech but all that was, was Kyuhyun staring back at him in confusion. 

 

 

 

"What? You dot think I'll get drunk that easily would you? I too have a high tolerance thank you very much." Changmin nodded, sitting bake at his seat. The drinks going around at a faster pace. Changmin felt happy that Kyuhyun didn't get drunk very easily but part of him was disappointed. Maybe because he wanted to take care of a drunk Kyuhyun and well... Be his black horse? He shook his head, maybe he drank too much. 

 

 

 

"I guess I thought you weren't good with your alcohol..." Kyuhyun giggled. 

 

 

 

"I think you're drunk Changmin." Kyuhyun stood up, moving behind Changmin. His hands on his shoulders, Changmin stiffened.

"You've had enough, you need to rest." Kyuhyun pushed chagrin out of the dining room, making their way to his room. Was he really drunk? He didn't feel like it? Before he knew it Kyuhyun was tucking him in his bed. Kyuhyun was suiting on the edge, smiling as Changmin laid down. 

 

 

"Sleep." He said, standing up, about to leave. Changmin panicked. He didn't want Kyuhyun to leave. 

 

 

"Wait Kyuhyun!" He grabbed onto his wrist. He pulled the younger one down, their lips touched. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I updated updated at school! It's so confusing doin it on my phone but oh well! I did it! I really wanted to update this fix because I want to finish it, along with Hunter X Hunter. Those two will be the ones I work on right now since they're most Ito the storyline. 

I just need Changmin to get better and then the story shall progress!!! I think it will end at around chapter 25? Something like that...

 

Comments and subscribes will be treasured and loved <3