Strange New World

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sehun did return to the class after break, though he looked a little shaken and disorientated.
 
Sunmi decided that nothing was up with him at all, he was there in class wasn't he?
 
What remained strange was the conversation she overheard, between Sehun and Jina.
 
The Devil would NEVER have referred to Jina as his best friend. Brainless chick, yeah. Annoying , oh quite often. But best friend??
 
And not to mention how he thought jr was a big joke when Jina said he had fan girls. Which was totally out of the norm because there was absolutely no freaking way that Oh Sehun didn't know how much he was adored by the girls.
 
He knew it, he thrived in it, and he was smug about it.
 
However, the confusion and disbelief on Sehun's face just then was completely genuine. Sunmi didn't think Sehun was that much of an actor even if soccer players were supposedly the "best actors" on the field, out of the other sports.
 
That aside, Sehun really did seem strange that day.
 
Sunmi vaguely wondered what happened to him and if she should approach him about their project since the submission date was nearing, but Sehun disappeared immediately after school and she didn't have a chance to ask.
 
Weird, she thought. But he would return to normal the next day. Wouldn't he?

 

 

 

"Do you think it's possible that Oh Sehun actually contracted some sort of memory loss disease?" D.O. offered. "Which explains his strange behavior today."
 
The gang were still talking about Sehun even after school, and it seemed that the entire school was caught up in their idol's strange fashion sense and behavior that morning.
 
Some of the loyal followers were already in Insadong searching for the right type of clothes and glasses to transform into a needy appearance the next day, since they deemed the fashion as the next IN thing with Sehun donning the style.
 
The guys who didn't like Sehun to begin with, were sort of thriving in the embarrassment he caused himself that day.
 
The girls on the other hand, loved Sehun no matter what so it wasn't a problem altogether.
 
"I still think my idea is true." Kai clicked his tongue. "Secret Garden in real life. The person in Sehun's body right now isn't Sehun. It's someone else!"
 
Chanyeol scoffed at the dance machine. "You totally rode off my idea for that one!" He pouted. "Isn't that similar as being possessed? I said it first."
 
"Yeah but being possessed something like is having your body taken over by a demonic creature while my Secret Garden idea is having two normal people's souls switched." Kai pointed out. "From how the new Sehun is behaving today, it doesn't seem as if he was taken over by a demon."
 
Sunmi couldn't help but agree. It was the exact same face as the usual Devil Sehun but he didn't give off the devilish vibe at all.
 
"I know!" Baekhyun clapped his hands and yelled out all of a sudden. His voice rang loud in Chanyeol's ear, who had unfortunately been sitting beside him, and the tall dude almost toppled over in his chair in surprise.
 
"Maybe, maybe Oh Sehun has a twin?" Baekhyun grinned in triumph at his idea. "Maybe his twin and him sort of changed places and that's why his twin couldn't get used to the Devil Sehun's life."
 
Oh Baekhyun, you don't know how close you are b
 
Suho grinned at his friends in interest. "But really, why do all of you think that the Sehun today isn't the original Devil?" He asked curiously. "All of you seem absolutely sure that this Sehun's behavior isn't caused by the Devil."
 
"LIKE DUH." All four EXO-K boys chorused in unison, even rolling their eyes in unison.
 
"Today's Sehun was even a little cutesy." Kai snorted. "Could you imagine the Devil being cutesy?"
 
Sunmi tapped her chin as she considered. No, no she couldn't.
 
-----
 
Everyone in school was looking forward to seeing Sehun again the next day, to see if his burst of weirdness was going to last.
 
The fangirls piled up at the entrance even before the said person appeared, and even the guys were slightly conscious of the people walking into school.
 
Sunmi was curious as well. Would Sehun come to school in his nerdy get up again or would he return to normal?
 
The question was never answered however, because Sehun didn't turn up. He was absent for the day even as his fangirls waited hopefully for him as the lessons flew past.
 
Sunmi's initial curiosity turned into eye-rolling sneers.
 
"Of course nothing is wrong with the Devil, Sunmi." She muttered to herself. "He must have ditched school today, like he usually did. Isn't that a norm for him?"
 
"And besides," she continued to herself. "His nerdy get up yesterday could have all been a date by his stupid friends and it as just a fluke. What's you think, that Kai and Chanyeol were right?" She snorted.
 
"Talking to yourself isn't healthy."
 
Sunmi spun around and pinked when she saw Suho grinning at her. She consciously curled her hair behind her ear and bit her lip. "You heard that?"
 
"Not exactly what you were saying but I know you were talking to yourself. As usual." Suho teased. He ruffled her hair and walked over to his desk to pick up his bag. "Why haven't you left? The boys have gone."
 
Sunmi blinked at her work. "Well....I wanted to finish my essay before I went home but..." She stared at her introductory paragraph. "It seems I better bring it home."

 

Suho laughed as he slung his bag over his shoulder. "Okay then. Come on, lets go home together."
 
Sunmi nodded a little too happily as she quickly packed her things. Sehun's strange condition was the last thing in her mind right then and all she knew was that she had some precious alone time with her crush.
 
She loved the EXO-K boys to bits, oh really. However they got in the way some times when she really wanted to spend time alone with Suho, and Suho didn't get the hints either.
 
Sunmi tried not to smile too widely as she skipped long side Suho as they walked out of school together. A cyclist cycled towards them from the opposite direction and Suho naturally grabbed her wrist, steering her to the side till the cyclist passed.
 
Sunmi's heart skipped at his touch. He had always been this gentlemanly, charismatic and sensitive since he was young. It wasn't a wonder that Sunmi liked him, was it?
 
The cyclist passed and Suho let go off Sunmi's hand, not noticing what effect his actions had on her heart rate. He was talking on about his council duties and things like that, but Sunmi tuned out long ago.
 
She could only see Suho's charming handsome face and that cute mouth blabbering passionately about whatever he was saying. She sighed dreamily and smiled to herself.
 
Suho noticed her lack of attention and flicked her forehead. "Yah, why are you blanking out while I'm talking? Am I that boring?" He teased.
 
Sunmi pinked and shook her head, directing her eyes away from her. At least he didn't catch how her eyes were nearly turning into hearts.
 
"I'm just tired." Sunmi faked a yawn and beamed at him. "Aren't you?"
 
"Aren't I always?" Suho grinned. He patted her bag and pushed her to his right. "You're here. See you tomorrow, Sunmi."
 
Sunmi blinked at her surroundings and nearly let out a groan when she saw that they had reached the end of the ten minute walk to her house. Trying not to look too disappointed, Sunmi waved back at him. "See you tommorrow Suho."
 
Suho nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets, trudging off. Sunmi sighed softly as she watched him go.
 
When will things evolve beyond friendship for the both of them?
 
-----
 
Sunmi never thought that with such advances in technology -smart phones, wireless network, Internet being accessible everywhere- that there would still be people using the "throw-pebble-at-window" method in this day at age.
 
At first when the first pebble came into contact with her window, Sunmi thought it came from her computer. She closed all her tabs just in case some annoying ad was playing in the background.
 
But then the noise didn't stop and it was then that she realized that the sound didn't come from her computer. It came from her window.
 
Sunmi's eyes widened when she saw a pebble hit against her window and she frowned, making her way towards it. What in the world....?
 
And there he was, standing right there with his gelled hair and geeky glasses, closing one eye as he aimed the pebbles at her window. Oh for goodness sake Oh Sehun, what were you trying to do?
 
Sunmi knitted her brows and opened the window just in time to see another pebble flying at her face. She quickly ducked down and the pebble landed softly on her bed. That guy nearly disfigured her!
 
Sunmi popped up again and glared at Sehun. "What are you doing?" She hissed. "Trying to kill me?"
 
Sehun bit his lip and shuffled on his spot uneasily, wringing his arms behind his back. "Can we talk, Sunmi? I kind of need help." He gave a sheepish smile.
 
Sunmi rolled her eyes inwardly. What, help to convince the rest of the world that he was not superior?
 
-----
 
"I think I'm in a wrong place." Sehun blurted. Sunmi looked up from her pat bing su, her eyes clearly depicting how she "believed" him.
 
"If you're talking about how you actually invited me to eat pat bing su with you and actually paid for my share as well..." Sunmi shrugged. "Hell yeah. You're in the wrong place."
 
Sehun shook his head, struggling for words. "No it's not that. It's just...two days ago I woke up and then everything changed from how I remember it. I mean, everyone still looked the same but they're different. Am I making sense?" He scratched his head in confusion.
 
Sunmi shook her head. "Nope." She notified helpfully.
 
Sehun twisted his lips and tapped his fingers on the table. "Well here's this. From what I remember, I'm a nerd. I love books and girls hate me because of my fashion sense. I'm practically invisible in my school and no one bothers me unless its to say something not that nice."
 
Sunmi stared at him. Who was he talking about? Himself? Was he like...dreaming or something?
 
"And then when I woke up, the strangest thing happened." Sehun whispered. "I became the most popular guy in school and girls just love me. Jina, who has been my best friend for years, suddenly changed into a freakish . The gang member Suho is not the Student Council president. Do you see where I'm going?" Sehun looked at Sunmi.
 
Sunmi swallowed and found that had gone dry at some point in time.
 
"So you're saying that everyone looks the same but their personalities are completely different?" Sunmi affirmed.
 
Sehun nodded eagerly. "I knew you would get it!"
 
Sunmi eyed him suspiciously. "Why did you tell me? Why not tell Lee Jina since she's your best friend and all?"
 
Sehun shifted uncomfortably. "I was trying to look for a nice and smart person to say this to. And in my memory, you're the biggest bully in school after Suho and have absolutely zero brain cells. So if my logic is correct..." He eyed her. "You will help me in this."
 
Sunmi stared at him. He seemed very believable and especially because e was Oh Sehun.
 
Would the devil have gone to her to ask for her help if it was really the devil?
 
But then again, he could be acting or just fooling her.
 
And did he know how ridiculous he sounded???
 
Sunmi slammed her spoon down on the table. "You're wrong. I won't help you." She muttered, grabbing her bag. "Because whether its in your imagination or not, Kim Sunmi and Oh Sehun have nothing to do with each other."