Camping Trip

The Other Side of the Mirror

The entire school was looking excited and full of anticipation as the students lugged in huge dirty green bags behind their bags with bright smiles on their faces.

The EXO-K boys weren't any different as they waited for assembly at a table, their bag packs occupying quite a lot of space around them. Amongst them, D.O's bag was possibly the largest, even more so than Sunmi's, which spoke volumes since the latter was a girl.

"What in the world did you bring in there?" Kai narrowed his eyes at D.O.'s bag pack curiously. "You brought your entire kitchen with you didn't you?"

D.O. grinned as he ped his bag gleefully. "I brought a golden pot incase we're doing any cooking. And some packets of ramen just in case, two boxes of biscuits, a first aid kit, two packet of marshmallows and a whole lot of chips." He beamed. "I'm ready for the camp!"

Baekhyun shook his head in amusement. "Do you seriously think that the school wouldn't feed us?"

"Well just in case." D.O. shrugged, zipping up his bag and not at all minding the extra baggage he had to deal with.

Sehun was equipped with a bag of his own as well, and though it wasn't as scarily large looking as D.O.'s superhuman baggage, it was really quite formidable looking as well. Sehun was panting as he reached the school and dumped the bag on the ground, gulping mouths of air. "H-heavy."

"What did you put in there?" Sunmi raised her brows in surprise when she tried to lift Sehun's bag. It was heavy alright. Really really heavy.

"Just a few books to read on the way." Sehun shrugged. "The entire series of Harry Potter and five of the latest Naruto books and-"

"You brought the entire series of Harry Potter?" Chanyeol gaped at the maknae. "Couldn't you have just brought one? I doubt you can finish the entire seven books anyway."

"How would I know which one I would suddenly crave reading?" Sehun defended, hugging his bag. "It's called being prepared."

Sunmi shook her head. "Kyungsoo, I think you found yourself a paranoid partner."

The Camping trip was a significant event for the seniors of the school. It was held every year for the seniors in the beginning of the year before the stress of finals started creeping in.

The school would bring the students to the rural areas of Korea and the students would really need to light fire with rocks and kill wild animals for meals. Joking.

The camp was obviously not as desperate as that, but it could be a little a comfortable and taxing for people who didn't like nature or couldn't survive a day within network connection and technology. If not, it was a memorable experience for city kids like they were.

The students were gathering as the teachers briefed them on the appropriate behavior in public and also towards nature. Like always, none of them listened.

"Do you think there'll be wild boars and bears out there?" Chanyeol suddenly blurted, looking frightened. "OH MY GAWD. What if a wild lion suddenly attacks my tent while I'm asleep and I die just like that?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and didn't even bother replying while Suho just chuckled. "I'm sure the school wouldn't bring us somewhere as wild as that." He mused. "Stop worrying."

Sehun looked a little disturbed by Chanyeol's comment as well. What if there were wolves and things like that? Oh GAWD.

"Stop imagining things." Sunmi nudged him. "You're as bad as Chanyeol with your imagination. You aren't going to die in this trip you know."

Sehun eyed her. "How did you know I was thinking about that?" He whispered in awe.

Sunmi grinned. "Maybe because you were making faces to the ceiling and whispering 'don't let me die!' to yourself. It wasn't that obvious really."

Sehun made a face and flicked her forehead. "Smart aleck."

------

When it was time to board the buses, the soccer boys tried to make Sehun sit with them once again. Their captain had been missing quite a few practices due to his "injured knee" from when he fell down, and now he didn't even want to sit with them during lunch. All because of his sudden appearance of a girlfriend.

"Sehun hyung, want to sit with us for the bus ride?" A soccer boy approached him daringly. Sehun didn't think as he responded. "Why would I?" He blurted.

Sunmi squeezed his hand hard and Sehun swallowed, smiling sheepishly. "I mean uh, thanks for the kind offer." He murmured. Sunmi rolled her eyes again and squeezed his hand harder.

"No I mean uh, damn it motherfooker." Sehun cursed but couldn't really bring himself to say the words. "I sit where I want to." He tried to glare in an intimidating way.

The boy's face fell and he nodded. "Arraso hyung." He trudged back to the rest of the soccer boys.

Sehun let out a soft relieved sigh and Sunmi shot him a look when she heard him. "You almost blew the cover. Thanks for your kind offer? Really?" She made a face. "As if the Devil would say something like that."

Sehun shrugged. "If anyone asks, I can just lie and say that the power of love is so strong that it has changed me." He grinned cheekily. "Doesn't that make sense?"

"Oh seriously." Sunmi rolled her eyes once more. "Stop rolling your eyes, they're going to stay crooked if you continue with it." Sehun tugged on Sunmi's hand and pulled her towards the bus. "I hope you brought snacks because your boyfriend likes them." He grinned.

Sunmi rolled her eyes again. "You're getting too into this role you know."

Sehun stopped walking all of a sudden and squished Sunmi's cheek. "Baby, what did I say about rolling your eyes?" He gasped loudly, drawing some attention. "Stop rolling them!" He pried both Sunmi's eyes opened as she blinked uncomfortably at him.

"Oh Sehun!" She hissed. "Who are you calling baby?"

Sehun sensed Sunmi's mood plunging to dangerous depths and he quickly jumped backwards. "Ahehe..I should check if Kai needs helping with those bags." He murmured and darted away quickly.

"Yah come back here!" Sunmi growled, her face flushed. She looked around and noticed all attention on her now, and she cleared , plastering a fake smile before storming as quickly as she could in the direction Sehun went. "That guy is dead." She muttered to herself.

Two guys were watching the attention from the side as they were loading their bags into the bus's cabin. "I still think they look cute together." D.O. murmured.

Suho just grinned and shook his head, helping a few more students with their bags, being the responsible council president he was. He glanced upwards and saw Sunmi raining harmless punches on Sehun's arm and the latter whining like it hurt.

He chuckled softly under his breath and resumed his work.

 

 

"Sehun oppa, won't you come sit with me?" Jina sulked. "I'm lonely sitting alone here." she patted the seat beside her on the bus.

As things turned out, Jina was the only person in the entire length of the bus that was unpaired in her seat and Sunmi highly suspected that it was because she told her friends not to sit beside her. Sehun was gullible to believe the anyway so well, it was considered a successful attempt.

Sehun glanced back at Sunmi and bit his lip, clearly contemplating his choices. He knew he was supposed to keep up the boyfriend act with Sunmi but this was the girl he liked here! Lee Jina! And besides most of the people were already off to dreamland while the bus rocked gently along it's course and there weren't a lot of people to see him.

Sunmi rolled her eyes inwardly and gave a subtle nod. Sehun grinned brightly and mouthed a "thank you." He immediately got off his seat and went to the one beside Jina, grumbling something about leaving his precious girlfriend.

Oh Sehun, you sly pig.

Jina was obviously eager to cast Sunmi out of the conversation and she brought out her own iPod, sharing her earphones with Sehun and introducing him to her newest favorite collection. Sunmi couldn't help but notice how she would touch Sehun's arm a little too many times and how the latter would seem a little uncomfortable but flattered at the same time.

Sunmi just shrugged and turned to look at the scenery as it passed. She couldn't control Sehun if he wanted to go falling in love with the biggest of the century. It was pretty stupid of Sehun to get so infatuated with the opposite version of the Jina he fell in love with, but Sunmi could understand.

When desperation and the lack of hope in the other world turned into endless possibilities, it wasn't a wonder that Sehun grabbed the chance to be with Jina, even if this Jina wasn't his Jina.

She was just contemplating on this strange occurance when she felt someone plop into the seat beside her. Her heart gave a familiar leap when she saw who it was and her lips twitched up unconsciously in a small happy smile. "Suho."

"Hey." The EXO-K leader grinned. "Saw that Sehun abandoned you so I decided to switch seats to make sure you aren't bored."

Sunmi bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling so wide that she looked insane. She looked back at Suho's original seat and saw that Kai was already dozing off and completely unresponsive to the world. She gave Suho a look and he laughed.

"Okay so maybe it's partly because my own seat mate abandoned me in reality to visit dreamland." Suho grinned. "But hey trust me, I was concerned about you being bored." he teased. Sunmi chuckled softly and smiled at him, her eyes glimmering with adoration.

There were so many things about Suho to love, really. He had all the qualities Sunmi had listed in her "Ideal Boyfriend"s list when she was five. Or six. Couldn't remember.

But still. Suho was everything Sunmi wanted in an ideal partner, just absolutely everything. Handsome, caring, kind, humorous, responsible, mr nice guy...

"Why are you looking at me like this?" Suho raised his brows, poking her nose.

Sunmi averted her gaze abruptly and felt her cheeks grow hotter. She bit her lip and played with her fingers, suddenly self-conscious. He was her ideal type. Was she his?

"Nothing." Sunmi muttered softly. "I was looking at the Student Council President and wondering how he could blatantly lie without battling an eyelid." she blabbered a quick witty response.

Suho just chuckled. "You and your remarks. Hey, want to have a race on Kartrider?" he pulled out his phone.

Sunmi smiled softly and pulled out hers. "Sure." she murmured. Of course.