I'm Sure

The Other Side of the Mirror

DOUBLE UPDATE! GO BACK ONE CHAP!
 

 

"You've got to understand that he doesn't mean what he says." Jina murmured as she set the table.

The EXO-K boys and Sunmi had all piled up in Jina's home to stay for the time being and so far it had been a few hours since they turned up but Sehun was still giving them the cold shoulder. Kai was feeling irritated and angry for Sunmi while Suho took the calmer side, seeing things from Jina's point of view.

"But you still can't tell your girlfriend that you didn't want to meet her to begin with." Kai muttered, grumbling under his breath with his brows furrowed.

Jina passed them bowls of rice and turned to get the stew from the pot. "From my perspective, I've never seen Sehun so in love with someone before so I can safely say that he really didn't mean what he said." she shrugged.

"But still, telling your girlfriend that you didn't want to meet her-" Kai began again, earning him a whack on the head by D.O. The umma of the group scowled at the dance machine. "What is up with you and your sniper tongue? Quit trying to sink my ship you." he muttered irritably.

Sunmi never really listened in on their conversation because her eyes were fixed on Sehun's door. He hadn't come out from the room since several hours ago, not for a drink, not for the toilet, not at all.

She felt slightly irritated by him actually, and disappointed. Your girlfriend came all the way from the other side of the world to meet you, to save you from the you were in, and all you did was tell her that you wished you two didn't meet and hid in your room like a coward. Great man.

But then again she felt a little hurt by his words because she knew he meant what he said. Sehun cursing and yelling at her was all the reason she needed to be convinced by his words. Sehun never could lie well, and for him to use vulgarities willingly really said something about what he felt.

And so he really wished that they never met. How comforting.

Sunmi sighed softly to herself and wondered what she was to do. There was no turning back and no point regretting the path she had chosen. She might have travelled over only to be rejected by her boyfriend (or ex, she wasn't too sure at this point), but she wouldn't do anything so stupid like crying over spilt milk.

She chose to come here to help Sehun because she was partly the cause of this whole fiasco. If it wasn't for her, the Devil and Sehun wouldn't have changed places and they wouldn't have fallen in love, the Devil wouldn't have killed Ahjusshi Han in the accident and all would be fine. And not to mention she wouldn't be stuck in this world with the rest of her friends.

However she didn't regret anything, because all these little mistakes led her to find Sehun and all that was worth it. Too bad he didn't think so.

Sunmi sighed again for the umpteenth time and Baekhyun shoved a carrot into . "Stop sighing all the time. You're cooling down all the food with all the breath you're breathing on them all the time." he muttered.

Sunmi forced a smile and pondered over her next actions. Sehun couldn't continue staying in Jina's house for the rest of his life. Financially it wasn't possible and it was also very dangerous for him to stay in such an obvious location that was so close to the place of the accident.

The only way she could think of was for them to go running away from this place like a bunch of wanted convicts and to stay hidden till they could find another mirror to transport them back to her world where all was safe and sound....assuming the Devil never caused any trouble within this time period.

The only flaw in her plan was that Sehun had to come along with them and judging by how he was ignoring them, it seemed it wasn't that much possible for her plan to work. How wonderful.

Sunmi's thoughts were suddenly stopped in their tracks when the door she was absent-mindedly staring at suddenly opened, revealing the guy that was holding all her thoughts. Sehun strolled out of his room as if nothing happened and the EXO-K boys weren't sitting at the dining table, and he walked over to the stand to grab his jacket.

"Sehun.." Sunmi whispered, her eyes on him. He never met her gaze, looking everywhere but at her. Sunmi swallowed uncomfortably and glanced at the EXO-K boys uncertainly.

Suho straightened. "Sehun, where are you going?"

Sehun shrugged and didn't look at the leader. "None of your business." he muttered.

Chanyeol pouted with a frown. "Hey that isn't very nice-" "You should have known I would have stopped being nice the moment you agreed on this stupid plan of bringing Sunmi over to this world. You guys shouldn't have done that. You guys shouldn't be here." Sehun snapped.

Chanyeol looked taken aback while Kai snorted. "Trust him to act like the Devil when it isn't needed anymore."

"Jina, I'm going out for a while." Sehun reached for his beanie and sunglasses, popping them on. Alarmed, Jina shot up from her seat. "Out? You can't go out. What if you get caught by the cops?"

"I won't, I'm in a disguise." Sehun adjusted his sunglasses and put on a mask. Indeed, no one could recognize him with a beanie, shades and a mask but was he that stupid to think that his get-up wouldn't attract any attention?

There were only three possibilities. One, he was a big shot superstar trying to get groceries discreetly and failing miserably. Two, he just got plastic surgery done and the scars were still on his face. Three, he was a criminal or terrorist.

The disguise was probably going to attract a hoard of girls following him out of curiosity or cops forcing him to stop wherever he was going. Either or, it was going to be dangerous for the situation he was in.

"If you go out there right now, you'll be caught in no time. Trust me." D.O. frowned at the maknae. "What is so important that you have to get out of here? Tell us what you want to do, what you need to buy, what things you have to settle and we'll do it for you."

Suho nodded in agreement and Sunmi bit her lip, staring at Sehun. Her boyfriend looked away, wearing his shoes nonchalantly and tying the shoelaces. "I have to look for another mirror to send you guys back." he said in a low voice.

Sunmi felt something stab at her heart once more, the same spot that had hurt the first time Sehun said he wished they never met. Her hands balled into fists and she trembled with emotion. What was with Sehun, really? Did he dislike her so much that he had to send her away?

"Why are you doing this?" Kai shot, unable to withstand the childish immature and nonsensical behavior any longer. "You obviously love Sunmi so why are you doing things to hurt her when all she's trying to do is help?

Everyone focused their eyes on Sehun, waiting for his answer. Sehun fiddled with his fingers and stared at his shoes. "I...I don't love her anymore-"

"Lie." Sunmi hissed.

Sehun snapped his gaze to her, his expression full of pain. "I'm not lying. After I came back, I realized that I haven't fully forgotten Jina and I'm still in love with her!" Jina backed away, looking slightly shocked to be brought into this conversation.

"Stop lying." Sunmi narrowed her eyes at him.

"I'm not lying!" Sehun shrilled, looking away and closing his eyes as he sighed. God, was he that transparent? To avoid more questioning, Sehun reached for the door quickly to get the hell out. "I'm sending you guys back so Jina and I can have our peaceful life back."

"You're going to look for the mirror? I'm going." Sunmi scurried over with a firm, determined expression, huffing at him with an indignant expression on her face. Sehun wanted to kiss the pout of her lips desperately but forced himself to look away. "You're going to be a burden, just stay."

"Nope, if you're going, I'm going. Come on, hurry. I want to go back home as well so find the mirror quickly and I can get the hell out of your life. That's what you want right?" Sunmi snapped, strutting out of the door.

Sehun his lips and stared as she went, unnerved. Damn that girl, it just keeps getting harder to NOT fall further.

 

Looking for the fourth enchanted mirror seemed like a desperate meaningless task with no bright ending ahead. The first was Sunmi's mirror given by Ahjusshi Han. The second was the Devil's lucky strike. The third was transported all the way from the other end of the world by Ahjusshi Han. It seemed like the possibility of finding the fourth mirror was extremely slim, seeing how three mirrors were already uncovered within the two worlds.

The couple didn't talk as they searched through shop by shop without speaking to each other, keeping everything business-like. The fourth mirror didn't seem to be found anywhere but it wasn't unexpected, afterall the other three didn't come so easily either.

Sehun glanced at Sunmi from the corner of his eyes and sighed softly to himself. How stupid could this girl get, really. He could understand if she was worried for him and all, but to actually come over to his side of the world...did she even consider this decision carefully? She had NO way of going back, NONE. Not unless she found another mirror which seemed perfectly unlikely.

That meant she had to be stuck on his side of the world forever, without seeing her parents, her family, her friends. Was that what she had to sacrifice to be in love with him? If that was so, he would rather they never meet and for them to not have fallen in love with each other.

He could sacrifice his life on this side for her because he didn't have much to sacrifice. The only thing worth remembering was his friendship with Jina, but he knew his best friend would understand that he was much happier on the other side.

He didn't have parents to long for, he didn't have a single family member. To be completely honest her sacrifice was bigger than his should either of them choose to stay in the others' world. Bigger or smaller sacrifice, whatever, Sehun didn't want her to be the one sacrificing for their relationship.

Did she even understand what she meant to him? He felt like dying, dying when he was suddenly switched back to his own world and realized he couldn't go back. He even considered attempting suicide but it wasn't the realization that he was now a wanted murderer that drove him to it, it was the thought that he could never see Sunmi again that pained him the most.

Loving him seemed to cause more trouble than good, he realized.

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck and scanned through the last of the shelves. No, no and nope. Nothing in sight. He turned around to look for Sunmi but was surprised to see that only the shop keeper and him were left in the store. "Excuse me, where's my girlfriend?" Sehun approached the shopkeeper in alarm.

The guy shrugged. "Your girlfriend? You brought one with you, dude?"

Sehun frowned. "She's the pretty girl that came in with me earlier." "Nice try dude, you never even talked to her." the guy snickered. "But good luck if you want to hit on her. She left five minutes ago while you were spacing out."

Sehun huffed at the guy, a little pissed. He hurried out of the store and looked around quickly, frowning to himself. Why didn't she tell him when she was going? Damn, didn't she know he would get worried?

He jogged around, looking in every direction frantically for a glimpse of Sunmi. He grabbed his cell to call her but remembered that his phone was from the other world and so was hers, which meant they didn't work in this world. Damn.

"Sunmi!" he hollered, not caring how stupid he looked and how much attention he was garnering. He never even realized that attention at this point was the worst thing that could happen to a wanted convict as he was. "Kim Sunmi! Sunm-" he faltered and stopped in his tracks as he caught sight of a horrifying scene.

Sunmi was high up in a tree with a tiny kitten in her arms and she was wearing the most frightened expression ever. Oh Kim sunmi....

"Sunmi what are you doing up there? Come down before you fall to your death!" Sehun rushed over to the bottom of her tree, gazing up at her nervously.

Sunmi let out a mewl of fright and opened one of her eyes. "I c-can't!" she whispered. "It's too high, I don't know how to get down."

Sehun sighed heavily. She must have gone up to rescue that kitten without thinking much of the consequences. And to think he was supposed to be the kiddy one in their relationship, his girlfriend was sometimes more immature than him, really.

"Okay just pass me the kitten first and I'll help you down okay?" Sehun pacified her as best as he could without appearing tensed. Sunmi gave a  short nod and held the kitten out shakily.

A crowd had gathered by this time and the kitten's owner turned up as well, squealing her kitten's name (apparently called Fluffy) and begging Sehun to save it. Sehun tried to reach for the kitten but there was still around a metre's distance from Sunmi from where he was.

Raking his fingers through his hair frustratedly, Sehun looked around for options. His eyes fell upon a young curious boy of around four to five years of age and he immediately brightened, jogging over and sweeping the young boy up in his arms. "Hyungnim!!"

"Hey, we need your help." Sehun persuaded, offering a small smile. "We need to save that little kitten and the pretty noona from the tree there. Can you help us, please?"

The young boy blinked at Sehun with his wide innocent eyes. He nodded hesitantly and Sehun mentally cheered. He pulled the boy to sit down on his shoulders and walked back to the tree. "Now try to catch the kitten from noona carefully. Don't drop it." Sehun murmured gently.

Sunmi's shaky hands met the boy's uncertain ones and soon the kitten was safely transferred to the young boy, which was then quickly whisked off by the owner in a frenzy. "Oh thank you!" Sehun forced a smile. Take care of your darn cat, he wanted to say. Of course, without the "darn".

Sehun looked back up the tree and saw Sunmi clinging frantically onto the trunk of the tree, plastering herself against it completely now that there was no kitten in her arms to prevent her from doing so. Her eyes were squeezed shut and her lips were pale, trembling ever so slightly in a way that Sehun knew meant she was truly shaken.

"Sunmi, I want you to jump down. I'm going to catch you, I promise." Sehun stared up at her and opened his arms with a half-smile.

Sunmi swallowed and shook her head immediately once she opened her eyes to look at him. "It's too high." her voice broke.

"No it's not." Sehun convinced. "I'm going to catch you, I promise. I won't let you fall."

Sunmi shook her head. "But what if-"

"There's no what if, Sunmi. I'm going to catch you, I swear." Sehun gazed up at her pleadingly, wanting her to be safe in his arms as soon as possible. "Come down before you fall off, please?"

"You can't promise you'll catch me, no one can be certain about anything in the future. What if...what if you don't?" Sunmi shivered at the thought of falling straight onto the ground. "No one knew you were going to come to my side of the world, no one knew there was even another world,  no one knew what the Devil would do in this world. How can you be so sure that-"

No one in the crowd understood what she was talking about anymore. Panic and nerves, they thought.

"Do you love me, Sunmi?" Sehun cut in.

Sunmi blinked at him in surprise. She nodded. "Yeah?"

Sehun swallowed and gazed at her. "Yeah? Are you sure?"

"What do you mean are you sure?" Sunmi blinked again. "I'm more sure than you'll ever be because these are my feelings you're talking about. Of course I'm sure."

"Yeah." Sehun broke into a small smile. "And as much as you're sure, I'm sure too. I'm sure that I love you. I'm sure that I'll catch you. I'm sure that we'll be able to go back. I'm sure."

Sunmi gazed down at Sehun with a small hesitant grin. "I knew you were lying."

Sehun chuckled. "Just jump, I'll catch you."

And she did.