The Devil

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sunmi beamed at the plate of omelette as she set it down on the table.

Five pairs of eyes narrowed down on the slightly watery centre and ham pieces dotting around the egg slice, looking like a bunch of brownish sharks drowning in the Yellow River.

Sunmi grinned at the boys and pushed the plate towards them. "Enjoy~" she sang, her eyes wide with anticipation.

Kai swallowed hard and moved away from the plate. "I really don't think I'm hungry." he muttered. "I'll skip breakfast today."

Kai walked away from the table and Chanyeol quickly followed. "Me too. I'm like so so so totally full." his voice was velvety and deep which was a total mismatch compared to his sweet cute face. "Kai, let's play video games."

"Video games?" Baekhyun jumped up from his chair to join the other two. "I LOVE video games!" he suddenly declared, forgetting how he had just announced that he wasn't going to touch the controller because he lost ten games in a row. "Let me join you."

D.O. shot the other three deathly glares and wrinkled his nose. Man, what sort of friends were they? Friends were supposed to stick with you through thick and thin weren't they? HUH HUH HUH???

So why were the other three running away at the first opportunity? It was just a freaking omelette. It wouldn't kill you!

...Most slightly.

D.O. forced a smile and cut a supppppeeerrr tiny bit off the egg, gingerly bringing it to his mouth. He swallowed hard without even chewing, blinking a few times after and feeling himself, looking extremely glad to find that he was alive.

"Must you react that way?" Sunmi complained, huffing. "Alright I know I'm not the best cook in the world, but you guys act like my life's purpose is to poison you five."

"Isn't it?" Kai casually asked, smirking. Sunmi narrowed her eyes at him and he snickered. "Someone didn't know what would happen if you added mentos to coke. Dear me, the five of us would have exploded if Suho hyung never realized you added mentos into those cupcakes you served us, together with coke."

"It's not my fault that I'm not a brainiac!" Sunmi protested. She sighed softly and rubbed her temples. Damn, these boys were never going to forgive her for endangering their lives that one time were they?

"And here I thought you were a genius when you added mentos into the cupcake." Chanyeol shook his head. He closed his eyes and prayed towards the sky. "Thank God, for keeping me alive."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and whacked his best friend's head. "Dork."

Sunmi sulked and poked the omelette with her fork. It wouldn't taste THAT bad would it? She scooped a small portion into and almost suffocated from the burst of saltiness, as if she just gulped down a whole mouthful of sea water.

She pounded her chest and Suho quickly passed her a cup of water, which she gulped down within seconds. She caught Suho looking at her and she shifted in her chair sheepishly. "So I guess I really can't cook." she muttered dejectedly. Suho chuckled and patted her head. "Keep trying, you'll get it."

Sunmi sent him a warm smile. "The leader is the best." she grinned. She shot the other three gamers a look. "Unlike some people..."

Kai pretended not to hear a single word she was saying and pointed at the screen. "Baekhyun hyung! It's okay to self-destruct but can you please not destroy my player at the same time?"

Baekhyun tried hard to fiddle with the knobs but he didn't really seem to get the concept of the game. He turned out just randomly whacking at the controls and hoping it would do what he wanted it to.

Baekhyun's eyes were glued onto the screen even though he was lagging far behind from the other two in the game, when suddenly a loud growl made everyone look at him. Baekhyun stilled and swallowed sheepishly. "Ahehe...I admit, I'm kind of hungry."

Sunmi huffed at him and D.O. rolled his eyes, getting to his feet. "Oh alright, I'll make you guys food." he obliged. The boys cheered happily and Sunmi shook her head in amusement. She got to her feet to follow him and D.O. immediately stopped in his tracks and wagged his finger at her.

"I'm going to cook and Kim Sunmi is not allowed in the kitchen!"

"Aww why!" Sunmi pouted as the boys pulled her away. Darn these fellas. If they weren't her friends and she didn't love them to bits, she would have secretly changed all their clothes in their wardrobe to pink helly kitty ones and stuck video cameras in their rooms to record their screams. Heh.

 

 

 

In this world, there was a strange magic that only occurred during two days of the week: Saturday and Sunday. This strange magic made these forty eight hours pass so quickly within a blink of an eye, but the other five days would crawl pass slowly.

The EXO-K boys and Sunmi had gone to a nearby eatery to have their dinner and all of them were lamenting on the fact that it was Sunday night. Monday blues were coming.

"If I had super powers," D.O. muttered, shaking his head while thinking of the assignments to be passed up the next day at school. "I would want to have control over time. So that the weekends last six days and the weekdays last one."

"That's lame." Kai scoffed. "If it were me, I'd want to teleport." he grinned. "It's really useful."

"Yeah no need for buses and..." Chanyeol blinked at Kai's strange expression and narrowed his eyes at the dance machine. "Wait, what the hell are you thinking about? Why do you look like this?"

Kai grinned. "Weeeell, teleportation would be extremely useful, say, teleporting yourself into a female bath house and quickly teleporting away before you get caught...."

"Sicko!" Sunmi squeezed her eyes shut and gagged. "Eww Kai, you may look cool and everything but you have the strangest thoughts!" She wrinkled her nose at the dance machien and he just shrugged. "Hey, every guy would have fantasized about that alright?"

"I don't think Suho would have, though." Sunmi pointed out. She looked at Suho, raising her brows. The EXO-K leader was one righteous and kind person, the absolute role model. It wasn't a surprise that he was the head of the student council at school because of his fabulous behavior that made him every teacher's pet. "Right, Suho?"

Suho laughed and shook his head. "I admit, I never thought about that."

When all the EXO-K boys gaped at him, Suho raised his hands up. "Hey, I'm serious."

"Hyung, you're a freaking gay." Baekhyun bumped shoulders with the leader and laughed. "Do you even like girls?"

Suho rolled his eyes and Kai guffawed. "I bet that's a no." Suho made a face and shook his head in amusement. "I like girls okay? GIRLS." he emphasized." Just because I'm not such a big SNSD fan doesn't mean I'm gay." he eyed Baekhyun.

"BURN!" D.O. and Chanyeol laughed and high-fived each other merrily while Baekhyun scowled at the both of them. Sunmi shook her head as she ate her dessert. Seriously, these boys were so noisy sometimes.

As the topic over dinner veered over to sports scores and things like that, Sunmi's attention began veering off the conversations as she looked around at the eatery. She observed the other people eating there, one of her favorite hobby of people watching.

It was then that her eyes fell on a pale skinned pretty boy that sauntered into the eatery and ordered a chicken cutlet takeaway, the extremely handsome face that belonged to an angel from heaven. Except this was a devil in disguise.

Sunmi's face immediately changed from a smiling one to an absolute scowl as she leaned forward towards the other five boys. "Devil alert." she hissed. "Devil in your three O-clock direction."

The boys all turned at once and saw Oh Sehun, the caption of the Soccer team paying for his takeaway. Kai immediately frowned and spat in disgust. "Oh Sehun." he muttered as if the name was a curse word.

The ahjumma asked for five thousand won over the counter and the devil casually took out two thousand from his pocket. "Keep the change." he muttered, flicking his bangs as if he just donated a million dollars to the kidney foundation. Damn this guy, really.

"Young man, you're short of three thousand won." the Ahjumma frowned.

The devil looked bored and he took the takeaway pack from the counter. "Ahjumma, you should be grateful that I'm even paying you two thousand won." the Devil smirked. "Is it everyday that someone as hot as me enters your shop? Today's your lucky day, remember that."

Sunmi's jaw dropped and she shot up from her seat, wanting to storm right over to give the devil a smack on his face. Suho immediately pulled her down and shook his head, signalling his disapproval. Oh well, the leader never encouraged fights of any sort.

"Yah young man I'm teeling you-" the Ahjumma frowned, getting pissed.

The devil rolled his eyes and plucked the two thousand won from the ahjumma's hands. "I changed my mind. I'm not paying for such terrible service." he declared. "As a payback for such unruly treatment, this dinner is on the house."

With that, he sauntered out of the shop.

The Ahjumma shook her head in disapproval while the EXO-K boys hurled their fists in Sehun's direction even though he already left. "Have you even met someone like that?" Chanyeol retorted in disbelief. "He's the devil's reincarnation seriously. He doesn't have an ounce of morals in him, I swear."

D.O. nodded, agreeing. "He talks as if everyone should bow down to him and kiss the ground he walks on." he snorted. "His ego is so big that he must be drowning in it all the time."

Sunmi shook her head. If there was one person she could kill and get away with it, Oh Sehun was a seriously likely choice.

She had the unfortunate "privilege" of being in the same class as him since they were kids and boy, did that annoy her. When they were young, he picked on little girls and pulled their pigtails. He broke half of her 24 coloured crayons and tore her painting into half.

When they grew older and he got more and more admirers because of his looks and soccer skills, Oh Sehun decided that he was some sort of god and the way he spoke was so egoistic that Sunmi wanted to strangle him. That pea-brain.

Baekhyun looked outside the glass window and saw that the devil was being pestered by two girls from their school which had accidentally run into him. Sehun looked absolutely annoyed as he tried shrugging the tight grip off his arm but the girls were stronger than they looked.

Baekhyun snickered and laughed in amusement. "At least he's kind of suffering from his fame." he pointed. "I have no idea what the girls see in him." he looked at Sunmi. "Yah Sunmi, you're a girl. Don't you know?"

Sunmi gagged and nearly puked for real. "Byun Baekhyun!" she shuddered. "Please, I'm not blind!"

She eyed Sehun from the corner of her eye and made a face at him even though he couldn't see. "I hate him, I hate his every single atom damn it."

 

 

-----

Sorry for not updating earlier :) Was caught up with release of results and things so hehe ^^

WOW MY GOSH I haven't even started the story and you guys already sent me 11 posters. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :))