First Official Date

The Other Side of the Mirror


"I made the brownies again since you didn't get to eat the ones I made on Valentine's." Sunmi murmured and passed the container to her boyfriend. "I hope you'll like them."

Sehun gave her a bright beam and pecked her lips. "Of course I like them, they're by you. I don't mind even if you poison me to death."

Sunmi laughed and leaned her head against Sehun's shoulder as he opened the container while hugging her close.

Chanyeol looked positively ill at the sight and Baekhyun just patted his best friend's shoulder. "Get a girl soon dude, stop acting so weird all the time and maybe you'll get an admirer or two." he consoled.

Chanyeol wrinkled his nose and shot Sehun a glance. Sehun was talking about how he loved Sunmi's brownies and how the world would be perfect if the buildings and everything were made up of her brownies and the rivers were half melted strawberry ice cream.

"And to think you said I'm weird." he muttered to himself. "Look at the maknae. Even he managed to get a girl."

Kai chortled and rolled his eyes. "If you're that jealous, you should have gone for Sunmi before she was taken up by our maknae shouldn't you?"

"Meh, I want a girl but I won't date my own sister." Chanyeol announced. He eyed Sunmi and Sehun and gave another shudder. "But the both of them do suit each other. Birds with the same degree of weirdness flock together indeed." he murmured thoughtfully.

Baekhyun snickered and looked away, muttering under his breath. "I can't even imagine how your girlfriend will be like in the future."

The school was positively surprised when Sehun and Sunmi walked into school that day, hand in hand, looking so much more cosy than they previously did before they "broke up". They kept making googly eyes at each other and looked as if they would die if they were forced to be separated. Not that anyone dared to make them.

Jina appeared to have completely given up on her conquest for Sehun and turned her attention to another victim in the soccer team: the vice captain. Heh swallow woman indeed.

People were speculating on what actually happened between the hottest couple in school and what made them get back together. Some said that they broke up because Sehun cheated on Sunmi with Jina and Sunmi finally forgave Sehun. Some said that the two of them never actually broke up at all and perhaps were just having a cold war with each other, of which Sehun used Jina to make Sunmi jealous.

Whatever the case, none of the rumors hit close to the truth but it didn't matter. The fact was that the two were dating now, for real and not to mention extremely in love.

Some of Sehun's fangirls were still a little confused as to how their cool emotionless oppa suddenly turned into such a sap but most romanticised the entire thing as part of the changes Sehun went through when he fell in love with Sunmi.

The cold emotionless prince falling in love with the lowly peasant (Sunmi), who in turn changed his personality a hundred and eighty degrees to being a kind, happy and devoted man.

What an imagination.

However this fit with the contrast between Sehun and the Devil since it gave a somewhat reasonable explanation for this change, no matter how sappy it was. At least now no one would suspect Sehun was someone else altogether.

Sunmi scrolled her instagram account and sighed softly as she peered at one of the pictures she had posted previously. It was the poster for the new season of JUMP, which was a comic martial arts show performance that had won numerous awards.

The performers were incredibly talented and Sunmi had always wanted to catch them live after watching so many of their videos online. She just didn't have the money to get the tickets and moreover, all of them were already sold out. She wanted to watch them so badly.

Sehun chewed on his last morsel of brownie as he watched Sunmi from the corner of his eye. He bit back a smile and wondered if he should show it to her now. Yes? No. Maybe?

"Hey Sunmi, what are you looking at?" Sehun asked, pretending not to know. Heh as if, he had made an instagram account just because of her so that he could follow what sort of photos and pictures she posted. It happened when they weren't talking previously and he had to have some sort of an indication of how her life was, and instagram and twitter were the only two portals he could find out.

"Nothing much." Sunmi shrugged, forcing a smile. "It's just a poster of this performance I really want to watch. Too bad the seats are already sold out and the tickets are so expensive. Maybe next time then." she twisted her lip, reminding herself to save up.

"Oh the JUMP performance?" Sehun asked casually, reaching into his pockets. "I happen to have two tickets-"

"WHAT????"

"-uh no, I mean VIP tickets-"

"SAY THAT AGAIN!"

"-and I don't have anyone to watch it with." Sehun chuckled at her response. "Want to watch it with me?"

Sunmi gaped at Sehun for a few moments, completely stunned. "WHERE IN THE WORLD-"

"I bought them of course, special price for me of course." Sehun wagged the tickets in front of her face and laughed inwardly at how her eyes followed the tickets loyally like a puppy. "I bought them because a certain someone expressed interest in this performance two weeks ago on Twitter and Instagram and I had spare cash..."

"You annoying, insufferable, adorable pig, give me that." Sunmi grabbed the tickets and buried her face in his chest. "I don't know what to say." her voice grew muffled against his shirt.

Sehun laughed and her hair. "How about a thank you?"

"Too mainstream."

"Arigatou?"

"I'm a korean, respect our culture."

"Hey I bought those tickets for you, I'm expecting some sort of gratitude here. Didn't your mommy teach you that when you're young?"

"Hmm I don't remember....but KYAAA I'm going to see JUMP!"

"...."

"I heard they have quite a few handsome members and-"

"I just knew buying the tickets was the wrong thing to do."

"Shush and let me fangirl."

 


Sunmi twirled in front of the mirror and checked her dress. She rarely dressed up so nicely but since this was the first official date since Sehun and her got together and confessed their undying love for each other (heh), it was quite the occasion.

Morever, she was going to watch the JUMP performance. KYAA! She just loved her boyfriend to bits. She just had to remind him not to buy and spoil her with so many stuff later.

Throughout the week, Sehun flourished her with flowers, chocolates, gifts, surprise events and romantic gestures that made Sunmi slightly wonder if he might secretly be the Devil or an Oh Sehun from a third world out there because it seemed so flawless that it appeared to be tactics by a seasoned player.

Turned out she found her answer when she discovered a dating guide book in Sehun's bag when she wanted to borrow a pen. Oh that cutie, didn't he know that she would love him no matter what he did?

How she could have hesitated between Suho and Sehun, she didn't understand. Sehun made her feel just so....warm and fuzzy inside, something that even Suho couldn't accomplish. She accidentally bumped into Suho earlier in the week and her cheeks collided with Suho's surprisingly sturdy hard chest and low and behold, she didn't feel a thing.

It made her all the more happier because she knew that she really did love Sehun with all her heart and that her choice was right.

Sunmi grabbed her phone and texted Sehun to say that she was leaving her house soon. They had spent most of the previous night texting and calling each other and the last thing she wanted to think about was her phone bill at the end of the month. Worry about that later, she thought.

They did the stupid thing of "You hang up first. No, you hang up first." which continued on for ages and was just so sappy and mushy and fluffy that they could have killed Chanyeol if the Happy Virus heard it. Happy no longer, he would be.

Mrs Kim checked on her daughter late at night and was surprised to see that she was still on the computer, IM-ing her boyfriend. Young love, she had reminisced, thinking back to the days when she did similar foolish acts with her husband.

But being the mother she was, Mrs Kim had warned Sunmi that she would confiscate her phone and computer and forced the girl to go back to bed. But she had no idea Sunmi and Sehun were still calling each other even late into the night, whispering sweet nothings into their phones. AWWWW~

Sunmi tapped her fingers as she waited for Sehun's reply to her message and frowned slightly when she didn't receive one. She twisted her lip. "Maybe he's bathing or something." she wondered to herself.

She got prepared to leave and met with her parents as they were enjoying their Saturday morning breakfast. "Morning umma, appa!" she chirped cheerfully. Mr Kim smiled at his daughter while Mrs Kim chuckled. "Look what young love does to you. Sleeping at 12 yesterday night and still looking so energized."

*I slept at 3, but she doesn't need to know that.* Sunmi grinned to herself. She shuffled over and pecked her parents on the cheeks. "I'm not having breakfast. I'm meeting Sehun for breakfast and we'll go to the JUMP performance straight after."

"Hm, have fun and stay safe." Mr Kim nodded. "If he says anything funny about bringing you to a hotel to rest or something-"

"APPA!" Sunmi shrilled, horrified. Mrs Kim laughed and shook her head. "Yeobo, I doubt that would be a concern. Do you even remember who your daughter is dating? Sehun came over to our house earlier this week and I doubt such a sunny innocent boy would do that to your daughter."

Mr Kim made a face. "Aish I've prepared that speech for a long time so just let me say it won't you?" he grumbled.

Sunmi laughed and hugged her bag. "I'll listen to your speech some other time, appa I promise. I'm late for breakfast! I'll be going now!" she skipped off, looking every bit of a young foolish girl in love as her parents waved their goodbyes.

Mr Kim eyed his wife from the corner of his eye. "Since our daughter is out on a date, do you want to go on a date as well?"

Mrs Kim raised her brows. "Thought you'd never ask."

------

Sunmi waited outside the cafe she was supposed to meet Sehun, kicking at the rocks on the road. They were supposed to meet fifteen minutes ago and Sehun was NEVER late. It was strange that he hadn't appeared yet and he never even responded to any of the texts Sunmi sent.

Sunmi frowned and bit her lip, going to her outbox to check if those messages were sent in the first place. WALAH~ None of the messages were actually sent and all of them were still stuck in her outbox.

"No wonder." Sunmi muttered to herself. "I bet that sleepy head over slept on our first date. I'm going to wring his neck off when he comes."

She proceeded to dial his number to give him a call and to yell at him if he really just woke up or something. Trust him to make his girlfriend wait on their first official date! Angel Boy or not he was going to get it.

Sunmi heard the familiar ring being cut off and she opened to scream at Sehun, but faltered as another voice on the other end of the line cut her off.

"The number which you have dialed is invalid. Kindly try again."

Sunmi blinked. Wait...what?? She stared at her phone and pressed her shortcut key once more, dialing Sehun's number.

"The number which you have dialed is invalild. Kindly try again."

WHAT IN THE WORLD? How could the number be invalid? She just talked to him last night, till three in the morning she might add! Sunmi furrowed her brows in concern and wondered if her phone had some problem.

She walked into the cafe and requested to use their landline for a few moments. She dialed Sehun's number again, willing him to pick up. She heard the first ring and hope rose in her, perhaps this time he would-

"The number which you have dialed is invalid. Kindly try again."

Sunmi dropped the receiver, swallowing hard. She had a bad feeling about this.