The Sporty Devil

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sehun was sitting straight up as he listened in on what his puppies were saying, trying to catch and understand the soccer phrases that they used which he had no idea of. He had spent the whole of last night trying to memorize the terms and rules of the game so that he didn't appear to be a complete idiot.

Yes, memorize. D.O. actually printed out a whole stake of information on the clubs and players for Sehun to remember so that he could catch up with conversation and not anything leak about his different personality. Not that it wasn't showing.

Sehun didn't know why it was that fascinating to watch a whole bunch of grown up fit men running all across a large field all because of a stupid small ball. It was like how Quidditch was played competitively with keepers and chasers and beaters, but the final score was often determined by a tinsy winsy snitch.

Oh the irony.

The Devil was apparently a massive fan of the sport and Sehun had to at least act out half the amount of enthusiasm so that it wouldn't seem suspicious. He bit his lip as he tried to follow the conversation and his head was already hurting from the amount of unknown terms the boys were using.

"Tottenham Hotspur had no chance, really." another one of the puppies began yakking away. Sehun had begun viewing these devoted loyal soccer boys as the Devil's puppies and wasn't that what they were doing all the time around him? Yakking? Non-stop, he might add. "Liverpool was bound to win." he grinned in a smug tone.

Sehun deduced that this particular puppy must have been a Liverpool fan. The only thing he knew about Liverpool was the place in England.

"Meh, I'd say the match was a close fight." Another one of the puppies added. "It was a 3-2. A close win, don't you think? If you talk about the previous match with Wigan Athletic, now that's a match not worth watching. The winning team was so obvious by the first five minutes."

A third puppy decided to chime in. "Oh don't talk about Wigan Athletic, they're not even that strong to be debated upon. Did you see the last goal last night? It was amazing. Thank goodness for the Steven Gerrard penalty. Whew."

Sehun felt his mind whirling and he couldn't take anything besides the words "goals" and "match" which made his headache worsen further. Couldn't these guys talk about anything else besides soccer all the time? It was infuriatingly annoying. Didn't they have a life outside of this particular sport???

Sehun let out a loud sigh without meaning to and all the boys turned their attention to him. "Hyungnim, are you feeling okay?" one puppy asked in concern. "Do you need some rest?"

"Better for you to rest before training tomorrow." another puppy added. "I heard coach wants to lengthen our training timings and tomorrow's going to be purely physical. You're our captain, hyung you can't fall ill."

"I'm not ill!" Sehun protested, flustering. He just SIGHED dudes, must all of them overreact like this??

"That's good, I'm glad Sehun hyung." a puppy nodded with a smile. "Did you watch the match yesterday night by the way? What did you think of Luis Suarez's first goal?"

Who? Sehun swallowed. He looked over at the EXO-K's table and saw that they were watching his performance that day closely. He shot them a helpless look and Kai rolled his eyes. The dance machine put his thumbs up and Sehun's gaze darted back to his puppies who were watching him closely.

"Uh....good?" he responded unsurely.

"I knew it!" the puppy exclaimed, glad. "It was a fabulous goal. The most impressive out of the five made yesterday."

"I agree." the rest of them quickly voiced out their similar thoughts.

Sehun let out a sigh of relief and just when he thought the coast was clear, one of his puppies tapped him on the shoulder. "Hyung, I smuggled this in for you. Top grade, they say." he passed him a tiny box. "Expensive. But for hyung, anything is worth it."

Sehun looked down at the box and nearly shrieked at the picture printed on it. Disgusting pictures of rotting lungs was stuck right on the cigarette box and not one of the guys was affected by the gruesome image, seemingly used to it. Sehun took the box shakily. "It's c-cigarettes." he noted stupidly.

"Yes, top grade." the puppy looked proud of himself. "Managed to steal some cash from my mom's purse this morning to get it. Enjoy the pack, hyung-nim."

The other boys looked at the particular puppy enviously, as if wishing it was them who had managed to clinch such a prize for their beloved leader. Sehun, on the other hand, was not at all flattered nor amused. He felt bile rising up his throat at such an ad printed on the cigarette box and he wanted to throw up. How could these people continue smoking when they knew their lungs were going to rot like how it was in the picture if they kept this up?

Sehun saw movement at the corner of his eye and saw Sunmi gesturing wildly at him. She pretended to cough and Sehun frowned at her in confusion. She rolled her eyes and coughed louder, making faces at him.

Oh....

Sehun followed suit and started to cough in a heated manner, hurting his perfectly fine throat. The boys crowded around him in concern and some patted his back. "Hyung-nim! Water!" one puppy magically produced a bottle of water and handed it to Sehun, who took it with a grateful expresssion.

He downed a gulp and wiped his mouth. "I think I'll stay away from cigarettes for a few days." he smiled meekly.

He passed the pack of cigarettes back, nearly throwing it away from him, and the puppy who gave it to him in the first place looked awfully disappointed. Sehun looked back at Sunmi and gave her a grateful smile. Good thinking.

"Hyung, what did you think of Stewart Downing's goal then?" another puppy asked.

Sehun eyed Chanyeol's gestures from the corner of his eye and looked back at his loyal audience. "Cool." he responded, crossing his arms coolly as well.

 

 

 

"It was funny how they couldn't tell you had no idea what they were talking about." Baekhyun laughed, shaking his head. "Do you know how confused you looked when they started sprouting names and stuff? You looked like a lost kid in the middle of a desert."

Sehun made a face and huffed. "It's not my fault my life doesn't revolve around the sport." he muttered. He lit up and leaned towards the boys. "But don't you think I acted good? They didn't even realize i wasn't the Devil."

"That's because they're plain dumb." Kai stated bluntly. "I always knew they were dumb."

"Kai." Suho frowned and shook his head. Kai sighed and relented, shaking his head. "Fine fine, I retract what I said."

Sunmi smiled at Suho's little fatherly act and her heart warmed. Suho had always been such a nice person that he couldn't even stand hearing someone saying bad about another person even if the other person deserved it. What a sweet person.

She shifted her gaze off Suho quickly when Chanyeol looked in her direction and she turned to look at Sehun instead. "They might be dumb or not, but you might not be able to hide your true identity after the next hour." she muttered grimly, slightly worried herself.

Chanyeol nodded in agreement and D.O. frowned, scratching his head.  Sehun looked back at them in confusion and blinked. "Why? What's happening in the next hour?"

"Physical Education Lessons." they all chorused in unison.

Sehun's eyes widened and he swallowed, getting more and more jumpy. Great, another ordeal ahead.

-----

"Today, we're going to play netball." the teacher announced. There were some groans and excited squeals from all around, an overall mixed reaction. The thing about netball was that coordination with team members were utterly important, and at the same time if  you weren't used to the pain near your wrist, you could forget playing that.

Sehun stood awkwardly in his white school cotten shirt and black addidas sport bermudas, swallowing hard. He had the same build as the Devil, the same face, the same hair....but somehow he still looked awkward even while standing.

The teacher quickly divided them into teams of six and unfortunately for Sehun, he had to be grouped with his other soccer friends. Even if they were to be in groups of seven, he could never be in the same group as the EXO-K boys or Sunmi because he was supposed to hate them.

His team members discussed strategies while Sehun stood there listeningly dumbly, not knowing what they were talking about. They assigned him the role of attacking, which Sehun hoped he wouldn't scream when the game started.

As the groups were promptly sent off to the court to start battling out with one another, Sehun sent the EXO-K boys a helpless look.

Chanyeol gave him a look of assurance and even Kai gave a little smile. Sunmi walked past him and pretended to take a sip from the water cooler while she whispered, "Good luck."

Oh, he needed it alright.

Sehun's team was going against another team of six boys from the sailing team, and boy did they look fit. Sehun could only hope that they were good in the water but not on land.

The whistle signalled the start of the game and the ball was thrown into the air. One of the opponent's members smacked it over the net and one of the puppies managed to hit it back up into the air before it landed on the ground. Sehun gaped at how fast everyone was moving when another of the puppies smacked the ball over to the other side again.

The opponents didn't manage to get to it and Sehun's team gained a point. Hooray. Not. Because it was only then that Sehun realized how good these boys were and he was supposed to be playing with and against them? Oh help.

The EXO-K boys and Sunmi watched Sehun nervously from the benches. "He looks as white as a sheet, even whiter than he originally is." Baekhyun murmured. "Let's just hope he'll do okay and hit the ball a few times."

Sunmi watched Sehun and clasped her hands together. "It's just a darn ball, Sehun. Go hit it!' she whispered.

The next time the ball was sent over to Sehun's team, a puppy hit the ball towards Sehun and expected their leader to send it flying over to the other side. What they didn't expect was for Sehun to let out a high pitched shriek and actually duck.

The ball hit the ground and the point was lost to the opponent's team.

Sunmi winced and Chanyeol shook his head. "Could've done better."

"Much." Kai muttered, shaking his head.

The puppies in Sehun's team didn't know what to say because they were obviously not in a position to scold their captain. They just patted Sehun's back and cheered him on, but had doubtful confused expressions on their faces.

Sehun was a sports god. He was particularly gifted in soccer but he was honestly good in any of the other sports, any you could name.

This must have been a one time fluke. They must have misheard too. Oh Sehun would never have shrieked.

They quickly changed their minds when one of the opponents smacked the ball over to their side and the ball flew straight at Sehun. "Smack it, hyung!" one puppy yelled.

Sehun gaped at the ball as it zoomed nearer and nearer, too stunned to move. Sunmi shook her head and buried her face in her hands, too scared to watch. A loud oof told her of what happened without her actually looking, and when she next opened her eyes, she saw Sehun lying on the ground with his puppies crowding around him while he massaged his head.

She groaned and shook her head. "Oh man, that must have hurt."

"You weren't even looking." D.O. commented.

He bit his lip and looked at the boys. "I think we need to give our Angel Boy some emergency lessons."

 

 

 

Heyy guys.

I know I haven't been updating as frequently as I was in the past, but bad news is that my updating rate most slightly won't speed up. I'm waiting for uni to start so I'm holding a temp job right now. I work 9-6 and honestly, writing is the last thing I feel like doing after work.

I have to go for interviews, prepare myself for them, worry about my uni and scholarship applications, and at the same time I've got to have a social life as well.

I try to write as much and as often as I can, but I want to spend time with my friends as well before they enter army.I want to let you guys know that I appreciate you guys reading and supporting and I thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry if I don't reply to messages and wallposts fast, or if my answers are short. If I don't reply your post it's most likely that I missed yours. Sorry for that.

I just want to thank you guys for waiting and supporting.

Peace,
Goddess.